• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
First episode i think it was bad writing the whole shoot out in the court room entrance was ridiculous. Guns blazing everywhere and Ollie safely (standing up) led laurel out. Ran and jumo in the middle of the gun fight saves thr other guy.
I might have missed it but did they just threw that guy lawyer being part of set up last minute at the end.

Shadow780

How does Laurel not know that it's Sarah?! She doesn't have the voice converter at the end! And LOL @ Huntress going to a jail, she killed like 10 cops last season and that should be teleport right first in line to death row.

You know what makes me extra mad tho is that Felicity on-screen time is so short now :(

First episode i think it was bad writing the whole shoot out in the court room entrance was ridiculous. Guns blazing everywhere and Ollie safely (standing up) led laurel out. Ran and jumo in the middle of the gun fight saves thr other guy.
I might have missed it but did they just threw that guy lawyer being part of set up last minute at the end.

No better than the police officer fight right after that. Guy shoots at him, Arrow stands up and jumps like 1 foot off the ground, straight on at the guy. Dodging is for lesser men.

RedAssedApe

Banned
How does Laurel not know that it's Sarah?! She doesn't have the voice converter at the end! And LOL @ Huntress going to a jail, she killed like 10 cops last season and that should be teleport right first in line to death row.

You know what makes me extra mad tho is that Felicity on-screen time is so short now :(

Not like this is abnormal. Everyone in Batman gets thrown in Arkham Asylum instead of getting offed like they should :p

Snake

Jessica De Gouw's acting and accent definitely improved. I was actually blown away by the complete lack of cringing. I hope we don't have to wait too long to bring her back.

Good episode overall. Wasn't a big fan of the "once you let the darkness in it doesn't come out" material latching onto Laurel, but I'll wait to see how that plays out.

Laurel not recognizing Sara was pretty funny. Looked straight at her sister for several minutes with not more than a foot and half between them. But that mask.

So are the lances just officially mentally disabled at this point?

The phone rang right in front of you ffs!!!

Laurel not noticing Sara in front of her was pretty silly too, but uhh come on Detective. Or is it complete willful ignorance?

When Oliver finally reveals who he is to the cop I hope the reaction is sarcastic

Kevin

Quite enjoyed the episode. IGN gave it a 6.7 so I was expecting it to be kind of bad but I didn't feel that way at all.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
original.jpg

wildfire

Banned
Jessica De Gouw's acting and accent definitely improved. I was actually blown away by the complete lack of cringing. I hope we don't have to wait too long to bring her back.

This stood out to me during the last scene. I didn't think she was terrible last time but this is still a dramatic improvement.

De Gouw improved! I knew you wouldn't let me down, girl!

Laurel didn't suck! I knew you had it in you, writers and Katie!

Oliver finally admitted to being a hypocritical tool to Helena! Yeah!

Roy and Thea was surprisingly emotional!

Felicity and Digg sidelined, boo!

Lol at the SWAT dick coming to take down three masked crazy people freaks on his own!

Come on, Quentin knows Ollie is the Arrow! Come on!

Motherfucking Slade is just legit crazy.

GET SLADE OR GET SLAYED MOTHERFUCKERS YEAH.

Loved this moment.

Phenomenal.

Wiktor

Huntress keeps improving with each appearance. Liked how she still got her ass kicked when Sara went serious though. Her S3 episode could be awesome.
Also..some really great lines this week. The darkness one, Roy saying he can't walk past a bowl of water without slapping it etc.
Plus damn..Slade, you're such a dick by tattoing Oliver like this.
Lots of good developments too - Laurel getting her job back, which I hope will stop her from being useless, and Oliver finally admiting to how much of a hypocrite he was with Helena in S1.

And last thing: yeah..Lances are mentally challenged to not figure out the secret identities.

PS. Since #TeamShado is no longer an option can I be #TeamHuntress? ;)

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
It's such a tragedy that both Shado + the Huntress will get little to no screen time from here on out (one in flashbacks, the other probably relegated to 1 episode a season). Two best love interests for Ollie by far and much more interesting than Sarah/Laurel IMO. De Gouw and Amell had more chemistry in that last scene than all his interactions with Lotz/Cassidy thus far.

I enjoyed the episode for the most part but I'm still not a big fan of Helena. Especially at the end where we get her realisation that nothing changed when her father died. We know she is supposed to become a hero down the line but we need something now to show that its even possible.

For me all that was needed was during that conversation between Helena and Laurel when she found out that Tommy had died, a simple "I'm sorry to hear that" would have done so much to show that this really was just all about her father and a means to an end rather than the psychopath she comes across as.

Tugatrix

Good episode, love the ending, Slade is gonna bang Thea with Roy watching

also where is my video of Thea finding Roy and the other chick, with radioactive in the background?

Ithil

Was it intended to be funny when Roy strolled up to Thea and went "yo Thea we gotta break up"? Because I laughed heartily at how casually he said it.

Also, Felicity has practically no screentime now, it's a shame. At least Diggle gets episodes focusing on him.

Tabby

Was it intended to be funny when Roy strolled up to Thea and went "yo Thea we gotta break up"? Because I laughed heartily at how casually he said it.

Also, Felicity has practically no screentime now, it's a shame. At least Diggle gets episodes focusing on him.

I laughed when Thea was all "No." and Roy just backed off like "Yeah okay."

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Great episode. Next week's looks absolutely unreal.

Also, the actress who plays The Huntress <3

stn

Fun episode with some REALLY corny/awful moments. How does one look right at Sarah and not recognize her? I know its fiction and all but sometimes the immersion gets diminished.

Fun episode with some REALLY corny/awful moments. How does one look right at Sarah and not recognize her? I know its fiction and all but sometimes the immersion gets diminished.

Isn't this is the same universe where people aren't supposed to recognize Superman because he removes his glasses and puts on a cape? I can suspend disbelief enough for Laurel

But Quentin.. I think he knows. He knows, man.

Effect

Laurel's AA meeting is so dumb. Because she was never an alcoholic. How stupid.

Are you kidding? Until Oliver told her off we never saw her without a drink in her hand or popping some pills on the side. She was constantly drinking that night. She was slurring her words or not able to walk but she had a problem.

wildfire

Banned
Surprised anyone would say Laurel wasn't being portrayed as an alcoholic this season.

Speaking of which she actually came off as likeable and sensible this episode. The Lance's though seem to have a medical condition with their inability to recognize people.

Though Chesthair already thought Ollie was the vigilante in Season 1 so that phone call must confirm his suspicions by now. He must be playing dumb.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
The final episode of Arrow...

Quentin: I never cared who you were except that one time...
Green Arrow: And you were right.
Quentin: ...but shouldn't the people know the hero who saved them?
Green Arrow: A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as unbuttoning the top of his shirt to let his daughter know that the world hadn't ended.
Quentin: I don't follow.
Green Arrow: Laurel. She was broken up when the Queen's Gambit sank.
Quentin: Yeah, she was... why're you bringing that up?
Green Arrow: ... How are you still on the force?

Joni

If DC is smart, they start writing up that Birds of Prey movie with Jessica De Gouw and Caity Lotz; and the Suicide Squad movies to launch their movie universe with low key budget.

De Gouw was actually tolerable in this episode. She wasn't good, but I was not cringing every time she spoke. So thank god for small miracles.

Great episode overall, but not an "A" like AV Club gave it. I loved the final scene though. Slade rolls up to Thea in his pimp car.

Laurel not noticing Sara in front of her was pretty silly too, but uhh come on Detective. Or is it complete willful ignorance?

My wife believes Black Canary's push up bra is the key to her disguise. I agree, it is essential.

Felicity was not that active, but she killed every line she had. I loved the line about getting confused about who know who's secret identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom