• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faiz

I wasn't sure until this episode but now I am - Katie Cassidy putting the weight back on. She's looking much healthier again.

Tabby

Her boobs literally scream.

Her boobs not the only that'll be screaming, if you know what I mean ;)

The official description for the 19th episode of the season titled
"The Man Under The Hood"
has now been released.

DEATHSTROKE HITS OLIVER AT HOME — Oliver (Stephen Amell), Canary (Caity Lotz), Diggle (David Ramsey) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) return to the lair and find Slade (Manu Bennett) waiting for them. An epic battle breaks out and one member of Team Arrow is sent to the hospital. Thea (Willa Holland) hits her breaking point, but just as Oliver is about to reach her, Slade intervenes and Oliver is faced with a choice – his battle with Slade or his family. Meanwhile, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) struggles with a new secret. Jesse Warn directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Geoff Johns and teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Keto Shimizu (#G219).

These run of episodes to end the season is going to be GOOD.

Don't do this to me. I'm too attached to everyone, don't break Team Arrow up you guys.

LNBL

Holy crap that preview for the next episode x_x.

But seriously chesty calling the arrow and Oliver picking up the phone next to him should make his identity obvious by now.

Volotaire

- Extended promo for next week's episode (please spoiler tag any discussion)

omg-owl.gif

- Extended promo for next week's episode (please spoiler tag any discussion)

Dat Tagline

KlqdJZU.jpg

Looks promising. I was kinda disappointed by Suicide Squad. I felt they did the episode too early. It just felt rushed what with all the stuff already happening in the plot. So after nerdgasming all throughout Birds of Prey, I can honestly say I've happily come aboard the hype train, yet again. NOTHING STOPS THIS TRAIN.... Except maybe a three week hiatus.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Laurel is slowly starting to look fine again.
I knew recent Laurel was the result of some sort of crazy form of method acting.

CryptiK

The official description for the 19th episode of the season titled
"The Man Under The Hood"
has now been released.

DEATHSTROKE HITS OLIVER AT HOME — Oliver (Stephen Amell), Canary (Caity Lotz), Diggle (David Ramsey) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) return to the lair and find Slade (Manu Bennett) waiting for them. An epic battle breaks out and one member of Team Arrow is sent to the hospital. Thea (Willa Holland) hits her breaking point, but just as Oliver is about to reach her, Slade intervenes and Oliver is faced with a choice – his battle with Slade or his family. Meanwhile, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) struggles with a new secret. Jesse Warn directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Geoff Johns and teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Keto Shimizu (#G219).

These run of episodes to end the season is going to be GOOD.
Possible future spoilers
So since Roy would never need to go to the Hospital and Dig isn't in any of shots against Slade we all know its going to be Sarah and if the rumors are true about a funeral good by Sarah

Tabby

Possible future spoilers
So since Roy would never need to go to the Hospital and Dig isn't in any of shots against Slade we all know its going to be Sarah and if the rumors are true about a funeral good by Sarah
The attack was in the Arrow cave so Dig is still a possibility.
I do think it'll be Sara that'll end up in hospital though, one writers said that nothing good lasts forever and that where they are right now isn't where they'll be at the end of the season.

Deadly

The attack was in the Arrow cave so Dig is still a possibility.
I do think it'll be Sara that'll end up in hospital though, one writers said that nothing good lasts forever and that where they are right now isn't where they'll be at the end of the season.
Unfortunately I also think it's Sarah. Flashback wise, they're about to make an exchange. They meet up Sara gets fucked up and Oliver has his fight with Slade and ends up back on the island. Goddamn shit is going to be intense.

She's a method actress like Christian Bale I tellz ya.

This honestly seems to be the case, in which case i say well done to her, especially since so many people were really nasty about her appearance at the time. I know it was very distracting since she did look very different to what we were used to but on retrospect i think it helped add to her characters situation so well done for going through all that shit just to do a better job of your role.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Saw the Suicide Squad episode the other night; holy shit that Harley Quinn cameo. Got my hype up, especially since the missus wants to dress up like Harley for Halloween, if she can get the right costume.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Saw the Suicide Squad episode the other night; holy shit that Harley Quinn cameo. Got my hype up, especially since the missus wants to dress up like Harley for Halloween, if she can get the right costume.

yeah the harley quinn cameo blew my mind

Effect

She's a method actress like Christian Bale I tellz ya.

Seems to be the case. However I feel that's only really worthwhile when the writing is there to back that up and I don't think it was with her character if that was the direction they were going. Also I don't think she's a great enough actress to sell that well. Not yet anyway. We were more concerned and distracted about/by her, as a actress and a person, then as the character. I appreciate the dedication but I don't think that was at all needed in this situation. Especially since there was no on screen acknowledgement from other characters on the change in appearance. No scene where people were concerned for her health to sell this change. If an actor is going to do that it has to be addressed in some way on screen (talked, focused on by the camera, etc) and not just a background thing that leaves everyone guessing as to what the hell is going on.

Seems to be the case. However I feel that's only really worthwhile when the writing is there to back that up and I don't think it was with her character if that was the direction they were going. Also I don't think she's a great enough actress to sell that well. Not yet anyway. We were more concerned and distracted about/by her, as a actress and a person, then as the character. I appreciate the dedication but I don't think that was at all needed in this situation. Especially since there was no on screen acknowledgement in the character in appearance for the character to make other characters concerned. If an actor is going to do that it has to be addressed in some way on screen (talked, focused on by the camera, etc) and not just a background thing that leaves everyone guessing as to what the hell is going on.

Actually i will probably agree with you here, her fading looks being addressed on the show would have helped sell the whole method acting angle but as you said, because it wasnt it just left people thinking she had lost weight in a typical Hollywood way.

JDSN

Banned
So, not a single inquiry or straight up arresting Chesthair for collaborating with the masked dudes or knocking down a Swat operative with big teeth?

Possible future spoilers

Maybe it won't be a death. Maybe...someone loses an arm.

As a matter of fact, since
Johns is writing, I'd bet on it.

So, not a single inquiry or straight up arresting Chesthair for collaborating with the masked dudes or knocking down a Swat operative with big teeth?

Ha. Yeah, I was waiting for the moment where Ollie was going to tell him "this is going to hurt," then punches him after they darted the other police officers. Then Ollie and Sara take off with the van. Nope, he hops in the van with them!

BFIB

Just got caught up with this show. Damn, the best the DC universe has looked in a long time. Really like how they basically took the premise of Smallville, and flipped it on its head.

Wasn't sure on the guy who plays Arrow at first, but he's really developed into the role pretty well.

And will someone, for the love of God, give the character to plays Laurel a fucking sandwich?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I fully expect Ollie to empty his quiver in 15 seconds flat on Slade. After that, he shoots all his arrows at him really fast.

Effect

Ha. Yeah, I was waiting for the moment where Ollie was going to tell him "this is going to hurt," then punches him after they darted the other police officers. Then Ollie and Sara take off with the van. Nope, he hops in the van with them!

The police force should know by now he has a connection and helps the Arrow. That's why he was demoted after all. Since then he's been at crime scenes where the Arrow has showed up or helped. Yet get gets more responsibilities. He was leading a team at the beginning of the episode. I don't think he's going to be questioned. It's like they want the Arrow's help or tolerate it but can't openly say it.

Also the guy he took out. That was a federal agent right? Not a member of the Starling City police department right? If he was a fed then that might be another reason for him to be questioned after what the that guy and his team pulled.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I got hyped when I saw avclub gave the episode an A, not often they do that for Arrow. Then I watched it, I liked it but I've seen much better episodes this season. I'm glad Huntress daddy issues plot is finally fucking done with, thank you.

Highlight was Chesthair calling the Arrow and Ollie's cellphone ringing when he was right beside Chesthair "It's my mom" I laughed.

jon bones

How do you figure?

She's in prison. Unless Ollie orchestrates a jailbreak. And then a wanton cop-killing lunatic is now part of his team.

So pretty though.

when she was getting arrested, she sounded like she wanted to join her dead fiance and dead dad

almost.... suicidal

Wiktor

How do you figure?

She's in prison. Unless Ollie orchestrates a jailbreak. And then a wanton cop-killing lunatic is now part of his team.

So pretty though.

Suicide squad her :) I doubt she will be regular, but she definitely will return.
Heck...make her take part in one or two missions, then have Olie bargain for her freedom with Amanda, then let her dissapear.

When eventually reapears have her be on completely different asskicking level and when Olie asks who taught her all that let her answer "Let's just say you're not the only billionaire playboy who spends his nights behind a mask" :)

Possible spoilers

It will be Felicity's 'Oracle' Origin. She will be the first to walk down the stairs, then BAM shot by Slade as a surprise attack, and thus crippling her. Same nature with Barbra Gordon. Then we will have a subplot with her coping with her disability up until we found out that she is ACTUALLY ROSE WILSON.... wait, she might get shot in the EYE.... WAIT ARRRRGGGHHH THIS SHOW IS AWESOME.

clockpunk

Why, oh why, can't season 3 just follow on immediately from and continue indefinitely?

This is my favourite show, bar none, that is currently showing. Right up with Breaking Bad in all-time 'must see', in my opinion.

jon bones

Why, oh why, can't season 3 just follow on immediately from and continue indefinitely?

This is my favourite show, bar none, that is currently showing. Right up with Breaking Bad in all-time 'must see', in my opinion.

i'm waiting til this season wraps up before i go nuts and recommend the show to all my nerdbros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom