• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
The final episode of Arrow...

Quentin: I never cared who you were except that one time...
Green Arrow: And you were right.
Quentin: ...but shouldn't the people know the hero who saved them?
Green Arrow: A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as unbuttoning the top of his shirt to let his daughter know that the world hadn't ended.
Quentin: I don't follow.
Green Arrow: Laurel. She was broken up when the Queen's Gambit sank.
Quentin: Yeah, she was... why're you bringing that up?
Green Arrow: ... How are you still on the force?

LOL

So are the lances just officially mentally disabled at this point?

The phone rang right in front of you ffs!!!

Laurel not noticing Sara in front of her was pretty silly too, but uhh come on Detective. Or is it complete willful ignorance?

When Oliver finally reveals who he is to the cop I hope the reaction is sarcastic

Come on, Quentin knows Ollie is the Arrow! Come on!

And last thing: yeah..Lances are mentally challenged to not figure out the secret identities.

I get the feeling Detective Lance knows Oliver is the Arrow and is just waiting gor Oliver to tell him.

at this point or he is the worst police/detective ever or he's just trolling Oliver

Isn't this is the same universe where people aren't supposed to recognize Superman because he removes his glasses and puts on a cape? I can suspend disbelief enough for Laurel

But Quentin.. I think he knows. He knows, man.

Though Chesthair already thought Ollie was the vigilante in Season 1 so that phone call must confirm his suspicions by now. He must be playing dumb.

They need to address this already. This is pulling me out of episodes that he doesn't just call out Oliver on being The Arrow. It's not even funny, it's just stupid. He's looked him dead in the face with decent lighting on numerous occasions, even next to the Canary that he knows is his daughter (I believe his detective skills figured that one out... crazy huh), and he called the Arrow when Ollie was right next to him. It's impossible to continue thinking Officer Lance is not the biggest idiot ever when they won't make the jokes that need to be made of Lance playfully letting The Arrow now that he is Oliver, yet Oliver pretending that no one should be able to figure it out.laying up to the moment where officer Lance just out right tells him that he has known this entire time and that the charade has gone on long enough.

Also WTF was Felicity wearing in this episode? What was with the collar on her dress? Did she borrow that dress from her grandma?

Clevinger

couple things

- Ollie calling Roy by his little sister's nickname was dumb
- When Laurel is involved in a big action episode, can you please not put her in high heels? thx. And when you've established that she can fight regular thugs half-decently, can you please let her do a little damage to them before you damsel her? thx.
- Normally I'd say the complaints about people not figuring out secret identities are dumb because it's a comic thing and it requires a huge suspension of disbelief, but Arrow is just being inconsistent now. After Chesthair quickly figured out Sara was the Canary, Laurel should have figured it out by the end of the episode. At this point in the story the hidden identity aspect isn't that interesting anyway and just holds back the characters who don't know.
- Jessica De Gouw was so much better this episode. I guess her time in Dracula helped her? Now Lotz is officially the worst actor on the show.
- Prediction: Malcolm saves Thea next episode, not Oliver.
- Not enough Felicity and Diggle, as usual.

Omfg next weeks episode looks amazing.
Hopefully slurry is killed.

She's gone from a terrible character in season 1 to an enjoyable character in season 2. Season 3 she's gonna turn into an awesome character. Bank on it.

Like a phoenix with a speech impediment, Slurry is rising from the ashes.

Joni

10154133_601615896590348_482027990_n.jpg

Khezu

Meanwhile, Laurel is quoting Helena to the District Attorney, and blackmailing the woman into giving Laurel her job back. And, utter reprobate that I am, I love it. The only way Laurel is going to work is as a villain, and it's time the show embraced that. The fairy godmother routine she played last episode, fixing up Ollie and her sister, made me want to throw my shoe at her.

See, IO9 lady gets it.

stn

Two general questions, no answers needed if it involves spoiling future episodes:

1. Why were people saying Roy is going to lose his hand?

2. Why are people convinced Laurel needs to become a villain?

I've never read a single Green Arrow comic so I know very little about that actual universe and story.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Laurel was at her best (at least for me) when she was a bit of an antagonist. Like when she set up that SWAT ambush, or putting Oliver's mom on trial. It makes the dynamic of things more interesting.

An alright episode. It wasn't out and out bad, but probably one of the weaker ones this season.

Ruruja

I could count several of them only from Spartacus that were better. But then again, that show was awesome in everything.

He was my favourite person in Spartacus too, I think I just have a Manu Bennett man-crush - but then again, who doesn't?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
GUYS.

WHAT IF WE GET MERLYN VS SLADE.

JESUS CHRIST.

yeah it's also a perfect time for thea to find out that Malcolm is her father after he rescues her and she's like wtf???

too good to pass up on multiple levels unless they couldn't secure Barrowman for whatever reason.

yeah it's also a perfect time for thea to find out that Malcolm is her father after he rescues her and she's like wtf???

too good to pass up on multiple levels unless they couldn't secure Barrowman for whatever reason.

Barrowman loves the role, so I don't think they'd have a problem in that regard.

I think Thea would be more freaked out cause she tried to bang Tommy on more than one occasion.

And Tommy said she had gotten hot since Ollie was away.

Barrowman loves the role, so I don't think they'd have a problem in that regard.

I think Thea would be more freaked out cause she tried to bang Tommy on more than one occasion.

And Tommy said she had gotten hot since Ollie was away.

It is pretty funny to see John Barrowman playing a serious role on Arrow and then later see him hosting "Superstar Dogs: Countdown to Crufts" on British television.

GUYS.

WHAT IF WE GET MERLYN VS SLADE.

That's exactly what my mind jumped to the second Thea got into the car with Slade.

Makes too much sense for it not to happen. Thea is Merlin's only living kid, probably feels guilty for killing Tommy, teams up with Arrow crew to save her, probably gets killed in the process and either tells Thea the truth, dies right before telling her, or decides not to tell her because he sees the error of his ways.

stn

Regarding Merlyn...

Don't think he dies but he probably kills Slade. Recent interview with Manu Bennett states that Merlyn is supposed to be the villain next season.

-Deimos

Deathstroke can't die. He's fucking Deathstroke. Oliver is the one who'll probably kill Merlyn since they're arch enemies and all.

And does Shado die in the comics? They killed off her character pretty quick I think.

The official description for the 19th episode of the season titled
"The Man Under The Hood"
has now been released.

DEATHSTROKE HITS OLIVER AT HOME — Oliver (Stephen Amell), Canary (Caity Lotz), Diggle (David Ramsey) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) return to the lair and find Slade (Manu Bennett) waiting for them. An epic battle breaks out and one member of Team Arrow is sent to the hospital. Thea (Willa Holland) hits her breaking point, but just as Oliver is about to reach her, Slade intervenes and Oliver is faced with a choice – his battle with Slade or his family. Meanwhile, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) struggles with a new secret. Jesse Warn directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Geoff Johns and teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Keto Shimizu (#G219).

These run of episodes to end the season is going to be GOOD.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I was legit puzzled by the fact that Laruel didn't know who her sister was, in the episode when her sister came back she was being hunted by League Assassins and at the end of the episode Laurel was RIGHT THERE when she begged Raz Al Ghu's daughter to let her go and how she was "done with killing."

So like how in the fuck did she just forget all that when her sister shows up in a pask and push up bra?

"The Man Under The Hood"
has now been released.

DEATHSTROKE HITS OLIVER AT HOME — Oliver (Stephen Amell), Canary (Caity Lotz), Diggle (David Ramsey) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) return to the lair and find Slade (Manu Bennett) waiting for them. An epic battle breaks out and one member of Team Arrow is sent to the hospital. Thea (Willa Holland) hits her breaking point, but just as Oliver is about to reach her, Slade intervenes and Oliver is faced with a choice – his battle with Slade or his family. Meanwhile, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) struggles with a new secret. Jesse Warn directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Geoff Johns and teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Keto Shimizu (#G219).

Mother of god.

-Deimos

I was legit puzzled by the fact that Laruel didn't know who her sister was, in the episode when her sister came back she was being hunted by League Assassins and at the end of the episode Laurel was RIGHT THERE when she begged Raz Al Ghu's daughter to let her go and how she was "done with killing."

So like how in the fuck did she just forget all that when her sister shows up in a pask and push up bra?

Laurel was blinded by her boobs. Even women fall under their spell.

Tugatrix

"The Man Under The Hood"
has now been released.

Shit just got real

"The Man Under The Hood"
has now been released.

Oh my god, why did I read that. Damn you, CW, for taking another break in two weeks. Shit is about to get real.

BTW: 0.9 rating

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
just got caught up with the whole show in like 3 weeks

holy shit

also, i really need to get my girl a black canary halloween costume :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom