• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I haven't finished watching it yet, but it's kind of hard to find Slade badass when his motivation is "Oliver got Shado killed." He just looks so pathetic.
That's pretty much my only major issue with the show right now. The whole "Oliver choosing Sara" situation is a pretty flimsy premise, especially with the way it actually played out.

Thankfully, everything else is so awesome that I can overlook it if I don't dwell on it too much.

ReiGun

Just finished season 1 and figured id ask these questions here.

Is season 2 just as good as season 1?

And is there anywhere to watch this online or will i have to wait for it to go on netflix or something? I watched the first season on netflix.

Season 2 is even better. Ridiculously so.

They upload episodes to hulu and the official cw site, but they don't have all of them. So you're gonna have to wait for netflix.

Just finished season 1 and figured id ask these questions here.

Is season 2 just as good as season 1?

And is there anywhere to watch this online or will i have to wait for it to go on netflix or something? I watched the first season on netflix.
There's always ways to find stuff online, just depends how hard you want to look for it and what your position on streaming/downloading is.

NoTacos

So I haven't finished watching it yet, but it's kind of hard to find Slade badass when his motivation is "Oliver got Shado killed." He just looks so pathetic.

I think the idea behind it is that he was really heartbroken when she got killed and where as us normal folk would blame ollie for the impossible decision he made and get over it eventually, the mirakuru made him mental which only added to the perceived trauma of losing her in an extreme way (hallucinations, extreme displays of emotion/rage, irrationality)

then there is the small fact that ollie tried to kill him.

But, as usual, he buttoned it back up after making a threat. Gotta contain that raw manliness.
I was spoiled by Spartacus, but Manu wears far too much clothing in this show. Why is it always so rainy in Starling City? (Vancouver!!!) Why can't Slade hi-jack some sort of beach party or something???

Also, needs more salmon ladders.

Tabby

That's pretty much my only major issue with the show right now. The whole "Oliver choosing Sara" situation is a pretty flimsy premise, especially with the way it actually played out.

Thankfully, everything else is so awesome that I can overlook it if I don't dwell on it too much.

Oliver wasn't even at fault for that, not to mention Shado didn't even love him in that way.
Everything that Slade does makes it seem like he's just a baby that didn't get his way, It's bugging the hell out of me.
I should be all "damn that was badass! droppin' them bombs Slade. Dat swag." but instead I'm like "But Oliver didn't even do anything."

That was a good episode overall I guess.

I was spoiled by Spartacus, but Manu wears far too much clothing in this show. Why is it always so rainy in Starling City? (Vancouver!!!) Why can't Slade hi-jack some sort of beach party or something???

Also, needs more salmon ladders.

Slade on the salmon ladder would break the world. The salmon ladder would not be able to handle it.

But I need Felicity on it first. At least I got Sara on it...

Blader

This episode actually made me forgive Slade's friendzoned motivation a little, because it's clear he's actually very insane and has had evil ghost Shado whispering into his ear for years.

I also like how Slade entered Laurel's apartment, dropped the bomb, then immediately turned around and walked out. :lol

-Deimos

That was kind of disappointing. Decent episode, but I was expecting a lot more.

Yeah, I wish they gave him a better motive than "I'm mad cause you killed my secret crush :("

I just feel like it's stupid to harp on that reason for Slade's motivation. Looking at all the bad ass shit he's doing I was over that a long time ago. Hell with all the stuff he did in this episode, even if his motivation was Ollie calling him a doodie head and I'd call him bad ass
But that's just terrible writing.
"I can't think of a good reas-... oh I know! Let's say it was the Mirakuru."
Why do people always use this stupid cop out.

I said it before, but I think the death of Shado was just one thing in a long list of bad shit that happened to Slade since he got to the island. He was stuck there, then his best friend betrayed him, and then he thought he found a friend in Ollie, his attempt to escape the island failed, then he comes into contact with a woman for the first time in a long time and she winds up dead, and then he finds out his best friend lied about how it happened.

I think if Shado had only been killed by Ivo it would have been fine. Ollie lying about it was just the cherry on top of a shit sundae that had been adding scoops onto it for a long time.
The Mirakuru was the chocolate sauce.

Magwik

Banned
Slade is trapped on an island. His best friend betrays him. Oliver comes and fucks up his plan to escape and get back to his family. Shadow comes along and can actually be helpful and shit, only female interaction on the island in forever. Slade obviously cares for both of them. Oliver lies, Slade loses it due to all the build up and mirakuru and the fact that Ollie betrayed him as did Billy. Seems logical to me. Also he's listening to ghosts and shit. Dudes insane.

Tabby

This show just keeps cranking everything up. I fucking love it.

I know right!
This episode might as well been the season finale.

I said it before, but I think the death of Shado was just one thing in a long list of bad shit that happened to Slade since he got to the island. He was stuck there, then his best friend betrayed him, and then he thought he found a friend in Ollie, his attempt to escape the island failed, then he comes into contact with a woman for the first time in a long time and she winds up dead, and then he finds out his best friend lied about how it happened.

I think if Shado had only been killed by Ivo it would have been fine. Ollie lying about it was just the cherry on top of a shit sundae that had been adding scoops onto it for a long time.
The Mirakuru was the chocolate sauce.

That's how I felt as well but if that were the case he wouldn't be out wrecking and ruining Oliver's life, he wouldn't be doing all the the things he just did in this episode, It seems like such a minor thing.
It doesn't seem justified/reasonable.
I don't know.

Slade is trapped on an island. His best friend betrays him. Oliver comes and fucks up his plan to escape and get back to his family. Shadow comes along and can actually be helpful and shit, only female interaction on the island in forever. Slade obviously cares for both of them. Oliver lies, Slade loses it due to all the build up and mirakuru and the fact that Ollie betrayed him as did Billy. Seems logical to me. Also he's listening to ghosts and shit. Dudes insane.

tumblr_lyk7mngkxt1qcp930o1_500.gif

Blader

That's all true, BUT the show is putting it all on Shado. The writers could very easily bring any of these other shitty things to the forefront, but the only reason that they have the characters keep harping on is "Slade's dead love."

I know right!
This episode might as well been the season finale.

That's how I felt as well but if that were the case he wouldn't be out wrecking and ruining Oliver's life, he wouldn't be doing all the the things he just did in this episode, It seems like such a minor thing.
It doesn't seem justified/reasonable.
I don't know.

He's insane......nothing more nothing less.

Prologue

How many eps left for this season? Think i might just hold off until the very end. Watching season one of arrow in three days was an awesome experience. Don't really like waiting every week now :(

Tabby

How many eps left for this season? Think i might just hold off until the very end. Watching season one of arrow in three days was an awesome experience. Don't really like waiting every week now :(

This is episode 18.
We still have 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23.

All I have to say about this episode is that when that knock came from Laurel's door I was like "Damn they're gonna jack up her apartment AGAIN? This chick can't catch a break!"

Was genuinely surprised the visit was just for mind games.

So would this mean Lance might be okay. Since he was right in the end, even if he was working with the Arrow. He actually got the kidnapper in the station and the other guy let him go. That makes the police force look extremely bad. They're really going about this whole thing wrong I feel. They should use his connection and in turn use the Arrow to clean up some of the more risky situation instead of risking their own men. If he dies oh well. Especially if he's capturing so many criminals they need to expand the prison!!!

That's what I was thinking, SCPD is already going to have an embarrassing mess to clean up with letting Slade go, going after the officer responsible for bringing him in, regardless of the how of it, just seems like a PR mess.

So he's doing marginally better than Clark was on Smallville.

Smallville... Arrow is the antithesis of Smallville. But... I get what you're joking at seeing as Clark has an entire asylum/prison filled with people who know who he is along with probably half the town. At least aside from the ones who found out his secret and then promptly dropped dead or had their memories wiped along with a supporting cast that undoubtedly suffered from a fair deal of brain damage due to all the conveniently timed concussions they received.

Thinking of Smallville and the total waste time over 10 years of sticking with that show through the sort of highs and the extraordinary lows makes my blood boil... I start to see ghost.

Totally thought/hoped Malcolm would swoop in and save his daughter.

Same here, I was slightly disappointed but the truth bombs kind of made up for it despite how little sense it seems to make for me that Malcolm wouldn't show up, regardless of Moira's warning.

Clevinger

some nice stuff tonight

+ Roy fucking off to who cares
+ Willa Holland's acting
+ Manu's doing an especially terrific job in the flashbacks, I've thought; his despair these past episodes has almost been palpable
+ some of Slade's dialogue was delicious
+ Dumbass Ollie losing his company
+ That goofy supervillain meeting at Slade's place
+ Shado's malevolent ghost
+ Slade telling Thea/Laurel

some not so nice stuff

- Oliver's big plan was to get Slade arrested, also making Roy of all people look smart
- Diggle getting manhandled by Roy
- Every time Sara tries to look tough she does this pursed lips pose; awful
- No Malcolm saving Thea
- Another line foreshadowing Sara's death; it's totally not happening now, it's way too obvious
- Compared to Roy/Diggle/Felicity/Tommy, the way Laurel found out was pretty underwhelming for her character. A bad guy she barely knows anything about pops by her apartment and is like, "Hey, what's up? Oliver's Arrow. See ya." It also gave Cassidy pretty much nothing to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom