• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryk

That final scene made my night. Perfect way to top off an entire episode of Slade waltzing about doing whatever the fuck he wants.

Klyka

Banned
I love how when Slade told Thea her brother had a secret, I thought "no way he's gonna tell her ollie is Arrow!" then it was just the "Malcom's daughter" reveal and I was let down but then suddenly the show goes "lol got ya!" and he tells Laurel :D

Was amazing

CloudWolf

All in all pretty disappointing episode with the way it was hyped. I expected at least someone to die or get seriously wounded, but instead we got Ollie being a dumbass and Slade releasing Thea and casually telling Laurel Oliver is The Arrow.

Oliver hasn't known Malcolm Merlyn is Thea's dad for very long has he? So why wouldn't he just say that when Thea accused him of lying to her for years?
Yeah, that was a bit odd. Especially considering the fact that Oliver hasn't even been back for more than two years. Even Thea should know that it's impossible for Oliver to have known for more than a year.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
After the preview and seeing Roy in it, I'm assuming
He's going to go get the Mirakuru out of his body by visiting Star Labs in central city..

That's a pretty interesting theory. Maybe they'll apply the same method to Slade at the end of the finale and they'll lock him up for future use.

That's all true, BUT the show is putting it all on Shado. The writers could very easily bring any of these other shitty things to the forefront, but the only reason that they have the characters keep harping on is "Slade's dead love."

I dunno man I kind of like it when a show assumes it's audience isn't 5 years old and can connect the dots. They've been building up Slade for awhile, and like others have said, he's gone through more trauma on the island than most people experience in their entire lifetime, and on top of that he's got perma roid rage roiling through his blood, amplifying his rage/emotions and as we now know--causing hallucinations.

I used to be a critic of the whole Slade villain thing as well, partially because I felt Slade was just too badass to be a villain (at first) and I desperately wanted him and Ollie to party it up in Starling. I've moved past that and realize this is probably the best way to progress the show. To me it's like asking, "Why is the Joker a sociopath and why does he hate Batman so much?" Because he just is (Slade's got a much deeper backstory). And he's one of the most recognized fictional villains in history. Slade (Deathstroke) is becoming more defined by his totally badass and evil-ass actions and less by his motivations, and to be honest, I'm perfectly fine with that at this point. He's a nut.

Klyka

Banned
All in all pretty disappointing episode with the way it was hyped. I expected at least someone to die or get seriously wounded, but instead we got Ollie being a dumbass and Slade releasing Thea and casually telling Laurel Oliver is The Arrow.

Yeah, that was a bit odd. Especially considering the fact that Oliver hasn't even been back for more than two years. Even Thea should know that it's impossible for Oliver to have known for more than a year.

I think Thea thinks that Ollie ALWAYS knew.

And let's be honest, would she believe Ollie if he said "oh i only heard last week"?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Wait, how did Slade know who Thea's father was?

Dude's probably spent the last few years stalking Oliver's family and learning everything about the Queens. He said it himself, Oliver is his "obsession," he only lives for revenge at this point. I'm sure with his wealth and network he was able to uncover a few dirty little secrets.

Also reddit never fails:
EUilI9I.gif

my exact reaction, fuck you CW

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I always wonder what happened to Slade's family. Did he just stop caring about them? Or did he never have a family?

Tugatrix

WOW what an episode, Slade is the coolest tv villain ever, destroying Oliver with the truth, that's nasty.

Also Chesthair still doesn't know who Arrow is, come on, not even to save his own skin? I feel pity for that city, if chesthair was their best detective imagine the others.

And finally Roy really have my respect after this episode, the only reasonable character that questions Oliver actions

Now 2 weeks until next episode, wtf CW are you nuts?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Man that episode just left me wondering, who the hell really is Isabel Rochev and what's she got against Ollie's father (that she now pins on Ollie)? Any theories from the avid comic readers out there?

V_Ben

Banned
Damn, that was a great episode. 2 weeks until the next one suuuuucks though.

Also hey Arrow-GAF, I had some catching up to do ^_^

But he's demonstrated the opposite of that, constantly.

The Mirakuru has driven Slade insane, and Shado's death sent him off the deep end. If this Slade was Mirakuru-free, I think he'd be able to see the situation for what it truly is, and not blame Oliver for something that was completely out of his control.

Shado was just the last straw.

wildfire

Banned
I love how when Slade told Thea her brother had a secret, I thought "no way he's gonna tell her ollie is Arrow!" then it was just the "Malcom's daughter" reveal and I was let down but then suddenly the show goes "lol got ya!" and he tells Laurel :D

Was amazing

That just hints at Slade knowing this is just a TV show and found a way to troll the audience.

He's a true mastermind.

That just hints at Slade knowing this is just a TV show and found a way to troll the audience.

He's a true mastermind.
I freaking love it.

This show just keeps getting better and better. Slade seeing Shado turns this from a "You got your girlfriend I wanted killed!" to "I'm hearing voices!!! Someone stop me!"

I could see him becoming an anti-hero of sorts next season with some random deus ex machina plotline.

Actually, since it seems unlikely that Slade will be permanently killed off and I feel like they'll either cure him of his mirakuru or somehow resolve his insanity, I hope next season he'll be the one to train Roy instead of Oliver. It would make a better dynamic than Oliver being a nag and Roy being incompetent

Dude's probably spent the last few years stalking Oliver's family and learning everything about the Queens. He said it himself, Oliver is his "obsession," he only lives for revenge at this point. I'm sure with his wealth and network he was able to uncover a few dirty little secrets.

Also reddit never fails:
EUilI9I.gif

my exact reaction, fuck you CW

I guess it's reasonable that if Malcom could figure it out then Slade could too, but it seems like a rather obscure thing for him to find.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
hahah the ending was so good, only thing that could have made it better would have been Slade literally dropping a mic before he left.

Gave this show a chance, watched a couple of episodes. I think the only reason this gets a pass these days is because T.V shows about super heroes are still horrible.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Gave this show a chance, watched a couple of episodes. I think the only reason this gets a pass these days is because T.V shows about super heroes are still horrible.

it takes a little while to find it's footing, but this is a geniuenly good show

Also Chesthair still doesn't know who Arrow is, come on, not even to save his own skin? I feel pity for that city, if chesthair was their best detective imagine the others.

He probably believes that the Arrow is more important to Starling City than he is. Also, if he gives them the Arrow its only a matter of time until they connect the dots to Sarah.

Joni

And seeing her as a part of the inner circle of Team Deathstroke. Good stuff. I don't know if she's supposed to be an Al-Ghul, Shado's sister, or Oliver's half-sister (based on that "sins of the father" comment), but I'm glad they haven't forgotten about her.
I want her to be Oliver's half sister, just to see his reaction.

Blader

wat the hell is this

Yeah, I wasn't sure what exactly was happening in that scene either... and he seems to get disoriented awfully quickly. :lol

I dunno man I kind of like it when a show assumes it's audience isn't 5 years old and can connect the dots.

well sure, but at the same time, it's not as if Arrow is an especially subtle, nuanced show either. When there are dots to connect, the show does it for you and is (repeatedly) direct and explicit about it. So while Slade has gone through a lot of shit on the island to explain his anger at Ollie, the only motivation that the writers keep going back to over and over is Shado's death.

V_Arnold

Maybe Slade is into cuckolding?

That is why he has so much swagger. He does not let it out. Ever.
(Edit: I had to look up the word, wow. It totally does not mean what I thought it means. Anyway, Ill leave the original comment open anyway. This is Arrow-GAF, after all!)

Bean bags? EW I would rather he didn't use weapons then but it wouldn't be that big of a deal. What makes Arsenal great is how much he skewers his mentor regularly. They just have to make sure they save his criticism for when Oliver does mess up occasionally instead of coming across like a jackass.

Agreed. If/when Roy returns, he needs to doing this with alarmingly frequency as Dig and Felicity, while they do sometimes call him out, don't do it nearly enough.

Ithil

I wasn't prepared for all of what happened in this episode. Wow. Slade is wrecking Oliver's life. I don't see why Thea is more mad at Oliver than she is her mom. Please tell me Roy's car magically explodes.

Probably because she already knows her mother is shady and keeps secrets, but she believed Oliver was completely honest with her.

witness

So I finally caught up, I was about 6 episodes behind and just binged them all including last nights episode. Holy fuck, I love this show! It puts any other superhero show to shame. One of my favorite shows on TV, the quality of season 2 is just phenomenal. Now I read on GAF that I have to wait 2 weeks for the next episode after just binging 6! =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom