• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't prepared for all of what happened in this episode. Wow. Slade is wrecking Oliver's life. I don't see why Thea is more mad at Oliver than she is her mom. Please tell me Roy's car magically explodes.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Awesome episode.

-Roy was dropping the truth. Oliver doesn't know best.
-Moira speech was heartfelt and it clicked with me.
-Slade...too much man for Starling City. Manu is so perfect for the role. Charming, sexy and dangerous!
-Chesthair noooooo. He'll get out at Ollie's expense of course.
-Isabel ohhh I knew it was coming. Come on Oliver, you know she was thirsty for your CEO spot.
-The fight scene between Ollie and Isabel was great. The fight scenes in general were.
-Loved Slade's showing up at Laurel's place dropping the megaton and leaving like it was nothing. Laurel was probably breathless from that much swag at her door.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I don't see how Chesthair is going to be kept in prison after Thea confessed that it was Slade who kidnapped her.

Great episode, so much stuff happened. I like how Slade doesn't physically hurt people close to Ollie, he use them to hurt Ollie by laying down all of Ollie's secrets on them.

ReiGun

Arrow's Slade sits comfortably alongside Teen Titans' Slade as the only versions of the character I actually like.

I don't see how Chesthair is going to be kept in prison after Thea confessed that it was Slade who kidnapped her.

Great episode, so much stuff happened. I like how Slade doesn't physically hurt people close to Ollie, he use them to hurt Ollie by laying down all of Ollie's secrets on them.

Chesthair was arrested for working with the Arrow. Got nothing to do with Thea, really.

Jak140

I just feel like it's stupid to harp on that reason for Slade's motivation. Looking at all the bad ass shit he's doing I was over that a long time ago. Hell with all the stuff he did in this episode, even if his motivation was Ollie calling him a doodie head and I'd call him bad ass

Why do people always use this stupid cop out.

Let's be real here. This show has a lot of badass action and some interesting plotting, but character motivation and internal logic is often flimsy at best. Moira running for office after being indirectly responsible for wiping out half the city, Laurel blaming the Arrow for Tommy's death, Slade blaming Ollie for Shadow's death, Ollie constantly being an obvious hypocrite (telling the mob daughter not to kill for revenge when he's dropping bodies left and right on a regular basis and telling what's his face to stop dating his sister when he's put numerous other people in danger by being involved with them) just so people can call him out on it later and he can get all mopey about it, etc. Sure you can try to finagle by saying there are mitigating points like Slade is crazy and Laurel is a drunk and so on, but even then the logic feels incredibly tenuous. It's obvious that they have an idea of where they want the plot to go, and sometimes go with characters making occasionally baffling decisions in order to reach the destination they've set for the story.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Chesthair was arrested for working with the Arrow. Got nothing to do with Thea, really.

Surely even if Chesthair conspired with the Arrow they don't have anything because it turns out he was right about Slade.

If anything the one to blame was the douche police dude that had Chesthair arrested AND let Slade go.

ReiGun

Surely even if Chesthair conspired with the Arrow they don't have anything because it turns out he was right about Slade.

If anything the one to blame was the douche police dude that had Chesthair arrested AND let Slade go.

They knew he got his information from Arrow and busted him for working with the guy before. Even if he was right, you can't have officers on the force working with fugitive vigilantes and just let it slide. Especially when the case was as public as this.

Snake

dJbVzt0.jpg

"Oh, then I guess this is goodbye, Roy."

Good episode. Great plot movement.

- Hopefully now that they've straight up shown that Slade is crazy from his own POV people won't so easily make the mistake of boiling it all down to him "avenging a girl who friend-zoned him." It may be comic book-y, but the insanity is legit and there's little point in arguing that Slade should have a greater justification for pursuing an unjustifiably villainous cause. Especially while the background of his grand vengeance continues to be developed via flashback.

- Ollie going HAM on Slade's disposable goons was a thing of beauty. A taste of something the show has unfortunately strayed a bit from this season.

- Finally pulling that Summer Glau trigger. And seeing her as a part of the inner circle of Team Deathstroke. Good stuff. I don't know if she's supposed to be an Al-Ghul, Shado's sister, or Oliver's half-sister (based on that "sins of the father" comment), but I'm glad they haven't forgotten about her.

- The ending was a welcome development, but I couldn't help but laugh when Slade just drops the bomb with no evidence and Laurel immediately absolutely believes him and is emotionally shattered by the revelation. Could have at least spent 20-30 seconds laying the foundation or something.

Lmao Ollie's so stupid

Also it didn't bother me before but I just don't like Roy at the moment, kind of breathed a sigh of relief when he left town

Episode was good. I need slade to holla at Merlyn though

Roy leaving is a red herring, he'll be back in the finale and will either help to kill Slade or lose an arm in the process of trying to help kill Salde and complete his evolution into Arsenal.

HOW CAN ONE MAN HAVE SO MUCH GODDAMN SWAG?

IT'S NOT FAIR.

IT'S NOT FAIR.

I'M GOING TO CLOSE OUT THE REST OF MY THOUGHTS IN CAPS LOCK CAUSE HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY FUCK AT THIS EPISODE, GUYS.

IN ONE FELL SWOOP, SLADE WILSON JUST BLEW UP OLIVER'S ENTIRE FUCKING LIFE. QUENTIN'S IN JAIL, ROY'S GONE, HE DESTROYED THEA AND LAUREL'S TRUST, QUEEN CONSOLIDATED IS GONE, GOOD GOD.

GUT PUNCH AFTER GUT PUNCH AFTER GUT PUNCH. THAT LAST 15 MINUTES, IT WAS JUST TOO MUCH DIABOLICAL SWAG FOR ME.

AND THE GAME IS JUST BEGINNING, SHIT.

MAN, SLADE IS FUCKING NUTS. HE'S HAD SHADO IN HIS BRAIN FEEDING HIM MADNESS FOR FIVE YEARS.

ISABEL ROCHEV IS A VILLAIN, I THINK WE ALL CALLED THAT. I LIKE THAT SHE FINALLY STOPPED BEING UPTIGHT DEAD INSIDE CEO AND WAS JUST ALL SMILEY BATSHIT VILLAIN. LOL.

SEEYA ROY.

MAN, IF MALCOLM HAD SHOWED UP, OUR TELEVISIONS WOULD HAVE MELTED FROM THE SHEER MANLINESS AND SWAGGER ON DISPLAY.

TWO FUCKING WEEKS, FUCK YOU CW WHAT THE FUCK

wildfire

Banned
My prediction will be that Chesthair will tell her to drop it.

Considering how he questioned Sarah about Ollie it's almost assured that he already knew.

I pretty much love every single thing that happened in this episode.

-Roy leaving Team Arrow (Don't come back.)

He's going to comeback as Arsenal. This is guarantied.

The only things that I'm unsure about is whether or not he will only use guns or will they also allow explosives and whether or not he will kill people.

I wasn't prepared for all of what happened in this episode. Wow. Slade is wrecking Oliver's life. I don't see why Thea is more mad at Oliver than she is her mom. Please tell me Roy's car magically explodes.

Rewatch last week's episode. Thea thought Oliver was the only person in her life honest with her considering what Roy and Moira did to her.

He's going to comeback as Arsenal. This is guarantied.

The only things that I'm unsure about is whether or not he will only use guns or will they also allow explosives and whether or not he will kill people.
Oh, I know that. I mean don't come back to Team Arrow.

wildfire

Banned
Rubber bullets, bean bags and stun grenades. He'll probably use live ammo for a spell only to be confronted by Ollie and put on the right path.

Bean bags? EW I would rather he didn't use weapons then but it wouldn't be that big of a deal. What makes Arsenal great is how much he skewers his mentor regularly. They just have to make sure they save his criticism for when Oliver does mess up occasionally instead of coming across like a jackass.

Kevin

This show continues to amaze me. Even at it's worse it's really good and when it's at it's best like tonight's episode then it's just plain damn awesome. Show just keeps delivering!

Wiktor

Lol...now that I think about it. Slade has two women in his life currently - Shado in his head and Isabelle at his side.

Both Oliver slept with :D

Welcome to a new age, Slade.

So I haven't finished watching it yet, but it's kind of hard to find Slade badass when his motivation is "Oliver got Shado killed." He just looks so pathetic.

That's pretty much my only major issue with the show right now. The whole "Oliver choosing Sara" situation is a pretty flimsy premise, especially with the way it actually played out.

Thankfully, everything else is so awesome that I can overlook it if I don't dwell on it too much.

Slade's motivation isn't so much about Shado but about the fact that he taught Ollie how to survive and be strong and Ollie turns around and can't protect those close to him on the island.
Slade feels that Ollie would rather sacrifice others to save himself and get off the island rather than fight to protect those close to him.
that's my personal observation on why Slade wants revenge.

Slade's motivation isn't so much about Shado but about the fact that he taught Ollie how to survive and be strong and Ollie turns around and can't protect those close to him on the island.
Slade feels that Ollie would rather sacrifice others to save himself and get off the island rather than fight to protect those close to him.
that's my personal observation on why Slade wants revenge.
But he's demonstrated the opposite of that, constantly.

The Mirakuru has driven Slade insane, and Shado's death sent him off the deep end. If this Slade was Mirakuru-free, I think he'd be able to see the situation for what it truly is, and not blame Oliver for something that was completely out of his control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom