• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

Next week is season finale or is that the following week?

They said the last three episodes are the finale. It's pretty much 3 parts instead of a single finale episode. So tonight was part 1. You can tell by how it ended. It just ended in a way that looked like it normally would have just moved on to the next scene.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Barrowman.gif

Great episode. And after the press release about next episode I was expecting tonight to end with a character making a dramatic entrance, but they didn't.

Very excited for the final two.

inm8num2

Laurel has had a pretty nice arc this season. I'm impressed at the writers taking her to a relatively dark place, then bringing her back out of it to the point where she convinces Oliver to not give himself up.

BBboy20

I had a feeling they knew how tacky some of the masks were and just said "fuck it, embrace the insanity", especially that the one at the precinct who seem to have a mask somehow.

2 episodes of nothing but a city takeover, I like this.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Lame spoiler in the preview. I'm guessing
sara brings back Merlin from the league
. Also expecting the flash to show up with the cure.

Two moarrrrr

infi

Great episode but unlike last season I'm not enjoying the island flashbacks anymore

Laurels showing she could be a good character over the last few episodes, so she'll probably die soon

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, is there 1 episode or 2 episodes left? I just checked my DVR and it says next week is episode 22 and it's only an hour.

Omega

Banned
I was disappointed with Bitch Ollie. I just finished reading the Kill Machine comics and when he thought everyone he cared about died, he manned the fuck up and wanted to avenge them. Not hide in his room like a child and mope around.

That episode did nothing for me. From Thea showing regret that Moira died thinking she hated her, to three seconds later trying to tell Ollie to fuck off. You would think, oh shit, he might not be here tomorrow like mom, let me not be a bitch for once.

Great episode but unlike last season I'm not enjoying the island flashbacks anymore

Laurels showing she could be a good character over the last few episodes, so she'll probably die soon

because there's too much filler on the island. Easily the worst part of the show. Ever since Slade found out there's just been pointless garbage.

When they said they wanted to keep flashbacks until the end of the show I knew it would be like this.

PirateKing

The press release for the episode has his name all over it so I don't they they're really keeping that as a surprise. Should probably expect something bigger to happen.

I always thought he'd either come at the end of the season to rescue Thea or the start of next season to save Thea. It just has to be that way.

Nothing's going to be concluded with Slade this season right? I mean, there is Blood left and I'm sure he'll live through next season. What do you guys think the end of Season 2 will be?

Zero315

Banned
Now yall know that's the kids calling about the cure....

It's probably the cure.

I know, I know... I'm just tired of the Flash blue balling! I mean, he has to show up sometime in these next two episodes, right? They keep mentioning him for a reason.

so flash is going to run over with the cure right???

This pls. Makes sense too, unless they have Sara or
Malcolm
show up with it somehow. Sara knew they were working on it, right?

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
It made her head look soooo big. I had to laugh when I saw it.

I know! I was like really? It made her eyes seem like they were bulging which added to her craziness I guess.

Good episode, but that ending seemed kinda mashed together.

"Bitch with wifi" oh Felicity <3 but damn at her dropping the truth about Moira at the reception. Moira is a boss and Felicity knew it. Though Diggle shoulda licked them pretty tears.

We got two Surfaces side by side in the van. That marketing power.

"I know you like I know my name" jesus Laurel come on!
laurel17tree.gif

I know, I know... I'm just tired of the Flash blue balling! I mean, he has to show up sometime in these next two episodes, right? They keep mentioning him for a reason.

He was going to show up two weeks ago. Then they changed their plans and decided to make the Flash pilot part of its own series rather than an episode of Arrow. Vibe and Killer Frost's guest appearance is all that remains of the original plan.

First off, that speech they gave Laurel was awful. Not even Daniel Day Lewis could save that speech.

Second, HOLY FUCK THIS EPISODE WAS GOOD. Tracking through the emotional wreckage of Ollie's life was a smart move. Amell was in fucking top form throughout this episode, going from just broken shell of a man to murderous, still, rage.

That dinner confrontation between Ollie and Sebastian which turned into a conversation between The Arrow and Brother Blood is one of this show's finest moments so far. It was fantastic, start to finish. I love how Ollie just dropped "I'm the Arrow." in like it's no big thing and Sebastian was legit shook for a minute, like Ollie was shaken up that Sebastian is working for Slade.

Honestly, the acting from Amell and Alejandro was fantastic this episode. Amell just owned it.

Was nice to see Walter return. I hope he comes back often.

That outfit for Ravager/Isabel is truly, truly awful. It just is not a good look. It's a good thing it looks like she ditches the mask in the promo for the next episode, cause good God, you're too pretty for that, Glau. Also Isabel walking in and taking away Thea's club was just such a dick move.

"Bitch with wifi." <3 Felicity

No Slade this episode, but his insane swag permeated throughout the episode.

Flashbacks were alright. KGBeast is still awesome.

Secret second lair!

And finally...
HOLY FUCK YES MALCOLM MERLYN HAS RETURNED, THE WORLD IS NOT READY FOR THIS MUCH SWAG.

Oh gosh. I hope we get to hear Arrow tell Blood "you have failed this city!".

This HAS to happen. There's no way it doesn't.

also, Thea goes to Gotham, is the new Robin

I'm down with that. Batman needs more snarky sidekicks that don't take his shit.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
OKay-ish episode, but not enough action scenes for my tastes. And man... Ravager's costume sucks so much, should had gone with this instead
2814729-rose_3.png

Zero315

Banned
He was going to show up two weeks ago. Then they changed their plans and decided to make the Flash pilot part of its own series rather than an episode of Arrow. Vibe and Killer Frost's guest appearance is all that remains of the original plan.

I know, but the fact that they're still referencing that he's in a coma means they had to do some rewrites. I mean, Amell was on twitter saying they were still shooting stuff for the finale up until a couple weeks ago, and the fact that we already know that Barry is suited in the pilot gives me hope that we'll see a non-suited Barry sometime in the next two episodes.

Wiktor

Damn. Slade has destroyed Oliver. The poor guy is completely out of his league.Can't even beat on random Mirakuru guy.

Also dat Ravanger mask looks off, but mostly on Glau. With stungwoman it looks less huge. They should have probably just cover her face alone, insteaf of whole head.

Kevin

This episode was awesome. I seem to be saying that every episode but damn this show just keeps delivering for me. The next two episodes are probably going to be awesome as well to end this really kick ass season. Good stuff!

Sending Isabel to evict grieving Thea from her club (and the Arrowcave) is the dickestest of dick move and totally something Slade would do. Rebranding Queen Consolidated to Swaglson Inc. or something is up next I bet.

Rokam

So this season was about building the Arrow to hero status, really hope next season is about Oliver Queen being built up, especially if he's having to do it from nothing.

Also... Walter for Mayor.

I really hope they don't just magically beat Slade via some nonsense deus ex machina. At this point, though, I don't even see any option but that if they really want to end his character arc.

Heck, which DC characters could even take Deathstroke in a one-on-one fight? With this version of Slade, it would probably take Superman himself to take him down.

Mario007

I really hope they don't just magically beat Slade via some nonsense deus ex machina. At this point, though, I don't even see any option but that if they really want to end his character arc.

Heck, which DC characters could even take Deathstroke in a one-on-one fight? With this version of Slade, it would probably take Superman himself to take him down.

See the thing is, we already know that Ollie beat him once and left him for dead. And that was Ollie when he wasn't still fully trained. Also Ollie did beat up Brother Cyrus after Ghost Tommy pep talk. So I guess it's time for Ghost Shado to hype Ollie up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom