• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiktor

Heck, which DC characters could even take Deathstroke in a one-on-one fight? With this version of Slade, it would probably take Superman himself to take him down.

Plenty could. Even dude like Azrael propably could beat Slade, seeing as the guy can bench press 8 tones. Arrow's characters still are very lowpowered compared to what's happening in comicbooks.

That said, Slade is powerful, but nobody is unbeatable. Oliver already took him out with venom once and all he had to do back then was to slit his throat and be done with it. Bullet to the head or some kind of highly explosive arrow could work as well. Bassicaly the way to beat Slade is to forget about trying to fight fair.

Wiktor

Another great episode, but obviously conceived to be 1.5h storyline that was cut cleanly in two parts. This week we got buildup.
2,15h storyline ;) There are three episodes in this story. And propably each will fit as one act in 3 act structure.

Rokam

If they decide to kill off Isabel then this is the only proper way to do it.
talia_dies.gif

Plenty could. Even dude like Azrael propably could beat Slade, seeing as the guy can bench press 8 tones. Arrow's characters still are very lowpowered compared to what's happening in comicbooks.

That said, Slade is powerful, but nobody is unbeatable. Oliver already took him out with venom once and all he had to do back then was to slit his throat and be done with it. Bullet to the head or some kind of highly explosive arrow could work as well. Bassicaly the way to beat Slade is to forget about trying to fight fair.

Damien Wayne sonned the shit out of him in Son of Batman. lol

demolitio

If they decide to kill off Isabel then this is the only proper way to do it.
talia_dies.gif

Thanks for reminding me of that as I still question why no one involved with that film noticed how jarring and horrible that scene was to the point where that .gif might actually be confused for a CW show. Worst death scene ever and no one noticed and tried to fix it? Or hell, was that really the best take they could get from her so they just went with it? :p

Now back to Arrow if I can think straight after that damn hurtin' bomb .gif...I'm really torn up over the loss of the male Felicity at the police station. He didn't deserve that fate after showing much intelligence (when it comes to magical hacking) and stupidity (doing illegal shit for cops against the mayor without asking any questions).

His loss will be remembered more than Moira.

Thanks for reminding me of that as I still question why no one involved with that film noticed how jarring and horrible that scene was to the point where that .gif might actually be confused for a CW show. Worst death scene ever and no one noticed and tried to fix it? Or hell, was that really the best take they could get from her so they just went with it? :p

Now back to Arrow if I can think straight after that damn hurtin' bomb .gif...I'm really torn up over the loss of the male Felicity at the police station. He didn't deserve that fate after showing much intelligence (when it comes to magical hacking) and stupidity (doing illegal shit for cops against the mayor without asking any questions).

His loss will be remembered more than Moira.

The whole film was pretty messy so I'm sure they had bigger problems

So this season was about building the Arrow to hero status, really hope next season is about Oliver Queen being built up, especially if he's having to do it from nothing.

Also... Walter for Mayor.

I am down for that. Would be nice to have him back.

And I remember some website having a rumor of him once being considered for Lex Luthor in Man of Steel 2/World's Finest/Whatever It Is Going To Be Called. He would have made for a classy, badass Luthor.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I think the only way they could ruin this season is if they kill Slade. Anyone else is fair game but Slade is just too awesome a character, good or evil.

V_Arnold

Slade would be awesome if he had a point. He does not have a FUCKING point. He just does not.

You cannot argue with him rationally cause he has a fragment of his imagination masquerading as Shado backing his insanity up.

You cannot reason with him, because he is insane.

Yeah, he is hurt. He is in pain. It is amplified by Mirakuru. Take that away, and what is left is a LOT of self-disdain, possibly suicidal tendencies. The only way out for Slade is to depower him (down to extremely well versed "regular" mercenary), and that is just a start, possibly.

However, if he is killed, that would be fine by me at this point. He is basically nothing more than a loose cannon, using madman's shootings on an island years ago as justification.

Edit: And before the Slade cult jumps on me, with all his fault, he is still the most well built up villain in recent TV shows, that is for sure.

Khezu

Hopefully with Sara gone, Laurel stays away from Team Arrow for awhile.
And Roy takes a extended break from trying to be a Hero, and just live a civilian life with his now poor girlfriend.

Then we can have most of season 3 be about the 3 OG Team Arrow members.

Avixph

Slade would be awesome if he had a point. He does not have a FUCKING point. He just does not.

You cannot argue with him rationally cause he has a fragment of his imagination masquerading as Shado backing his insanity up.

You cannot reason with him, because he is insane.

Yeah, he is hurt. He is in pain. It is amplified by Mirakuru. Take that away, and what is left is a LOT of self-disdain, possibly suicidal tendencies. The only way out for Slade is to depower him (down to extremely well versed "regular" mercenary), and that is just a start, possibly.

However, if he is killed, that would be fine by me at this point. He is basically nothing more than a loose cannon, using madman's shootings on an island years ago as justification.

Edit: And before the Slade cult jumps on me, with all his fault, he is still the most well built up villain in recent TV shows, that is for sure.
I agree.

Darksol

That was a great episode, even though it was obviously just building to a much better couple of episodes. Can't wait for
the return of Merlyn.

Edit: Sorry mods, even though it's pretty obvious given
you don't bring Merlyn back in the season only for him to do absolutely nothing in the last two episodes.
. Regardless, my bad!

BBboy20

RISE.

DESHI BASARA DESHI BASARA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWyB447vNjg
Everytime I listen those these specific sounds and scores from that film, the more like Zimmer was creating the soundtrack for the greatest comic book film ever...which we never did get from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lo0yhxt62A
Pretty crazy it has been the only super indie song from the show I actually recognized but this song also stood out for me the most from that album.

Tugatrix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWyB447vNjg
Everytime I listen those these specific sounds and scores from that film, the more like Zimmer was creating the soundtrack for the greatest comic book film ever...which we never did get from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lo0yhxt62A
Pretty crazy it has been the only super indie song from the show I actually recognized but this song also stood out for me the most from that album.

That first song was used on Nokia trailer, I was disappointed when it wasn't in the film

Definitely a good episode that gets you really pumped up. The next two episodes should be goooooood.

I'm worried that
Merlin will only come back to save Thea at the train station, and that we won't see him go up against that many enemies. The only way I could see him going against Slade or the army is to get revenge for Moira, who for better or worse he clearly cared for.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I really hope they don't just magically beat Slade via some nonsense deus ex machina. At this point, though, I don't even see any option but that if they really want to end his character arc.

Heck, which DC characters could even take Deathstroke in a one-on-one fight? With this version of Slade, it would probably take Superman himself to take him down.

Pretty sure The Flash could beat him :)

Clevinger

"I know you like I know my own name. And I realize it may sound crazy in light of your secret, but I know who you are in your bones, Oliver."

this show's dialogue is so bad

Jonogunn

Jesus laurel maybe you shoulda started with the Sebastian blood info rather than giving a lengthy speech to try to Ollie to fight.

Dark_Archer.png

"Slade Wilson! You've kidnapped my daughter twice. You killed her mother. I've come to put an end to you!"

Slade_Wilson_Manu_Bennett-5.jpg

"So be it. But we shall not dual with swords. Or guns. Or arrows."

Mvh_u_ZB.jpeg

"Let us swag to the death."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom