• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Wat.

I hope he's not wasted as Summer Glau was.

Doubt it. They have to justify using proper DC characters. Chances are, ala The Flash, they had to pitch everything the character does on the show in the initial pitching session. I'd wager Routh's in for the long haul too - if they like him, he'd be a great fit for The Flash if it gets a Season Two.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Best casting news ever, Brandon Routh will join the season 3 cast... as The Atom!

http://tvline.com/2014/07/07/arrow-brandon-routh-the-atom-season-3/

tumblr_mb55ndzrG31rzz8vno1_500.gif

From Deadline:

"Brandon Routh, who played Superman on the big screen in Bryan Singer’s 2006 tentpole Superman Returns, has joined the cast of the CW’s superhero drama Arrow as this season’s main recurring guest star. He will play Ray Palmer, a scientist and inventor who will play an unexpected role in the lives of Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak as the new owner of Queen Consolidated.In the DC Comics mythology, Palmer is known as The Atom, making Routh a two-time DC superhero. We hear the deal will span 14 episodes, and that he will be a love interest for Felicity."

Felicity can't make it with Flash or Green Arrow, so she gets Superman as a consolation prize.

Penguin

From Deadline:

"Brandon Routh, who played Superman on the big screen in Bryan Singer’s 2006 tentpole Superman Returns, has joined the cast of the CW’s superhero drama Arrow as this season’s main recurring guest star. He will play Ray Palmer, a scientist and inventor who will play an unexpected role in the lives of Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak as the new owner of Queen Consolidated.In the DC Comics mythology, Palmer is known as The Atom, making Routh a two-time DC superhero. We hear the deal will span 14 episodes, and that he will be a love interest for Felicity."

Felicity can't make it with Flash or Green Arrow, so she gets Superman as a consolation prize.

Haha when they said the Atom, I was wondering if would link up with Felicity... since they like pairing her with the scientifically minded

Yeah I would rather have the Grimm guy be Palmer. Routh seems a bit much. This leads me to believe that we are definitely getting a
multiverse, since we can't have two supermen on the same screen.
Oh well I guess.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
At first I was shocked by the length of his deal, 14 episodes is a good chunk of the season. But then again we probably won't be seeing Slade or Sara in the present for awhile, so you gotta fill in some gaps.

I'm one of the few people that actually enjoyed Superman Returns, so I'm good with this.

Routh's career really took a drop. Went from being Superman in a major motion picture to a c-tier hero on the CW.

Well he was never really an A-list Hollywood actor. Superman Returns had a lukewarm reception (but I enjoyed it) and never got a sequel, which would have cemented him as top tier. The film is his most famous blip in a career of mostly supporting roles.

Dany

Banned
She wears a Blonde Wig...wtf...

YES, bring on the LoA :D

can merlyn not stalk thea... what a damn creap jesus lol

are the drones going to be stupid?UGH this stupid debate of whether to kill or not to kill is boring.

Volotaire

She wears a Blonde Wig...wtf...

YES, bring on the LoA :D

can merlyn not stalk thea... what a damn creap jesus lol

are the drones going to be stupid?UGH this stupid debate of whether to kill or not to kill is boring.

I agree that I felt this strand of story had already been solved through the first season and start of the second. I didn't like how they brought it up again.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
From Deadline:

Olicity :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom