• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tugatrix

Yes, You don't realize how good it is watching hour after hour until its gone. Now i feel empty and I can only hope Arrow is in the movie.

Also, Thea Queen is hot.

Offtopic:
May I convert you to Person of Interest while you wait for new Arrow? Pass on Person of Interest gaf if you interested.

In Topic:
Thea Queen is hot but Felicity is hotter

NO WONDER THEA IS A PIECE OF SHIT!!!

All merylns are a piece of shit.

Aw, hell no.

Jeac0z9l.png

Boss without needing Mirakuru

When was it mentioned first last year that Flash was being developed? I just wonder if we still might be hearing about another superhero show in the CWerse or is it too late for that for next year?

As already said, it was around this time last year and the CW really got behind it after the two Barry Allen episodes of Arrow were filmed and screened to them back in like November that sent it straight to pilot instead of using episode 20 of Arrow as a backdoor pilot which was originally planned. I imagine they'll do it again in a year or two if the Flash does really well.

Candace Patton is the hottest hottie in the CW-verse. Thank you, Based Flash.

Yes.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'm still not 100% sure she got work done. She's just crazy skinny in comparison with her late S1 self, when she was getting kind of pudgy. She looked like Skeletor in some pictures.

I still say the worst line she ever said was

"I can feel it in your bones!"

KuGsj.gif

I had to pause the video from laughing so hard.

Who the fuck thought that line was good?

Wiktor

She was sooooo gorgeous in season one. Why in the world did she get plastic surgery?

Tryin to slow down time? She isn't one of those people who age all that well. She was still very pretty in S1, but compared to how she looked few years earlier...not even close. Some women can keep their beauty intact till 40, some even peak after 30, but some peak at 20 and it's all downhill from there.

Joni

There is no way she could have gotten plastic surgery considering the timing of her work and public appearances. She just lost a lot of weight. The area where you'll notice that the most is the face.

Edit: Just go to the Private Practice episode where Amell shows up.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
There is no way she could have gotten plastic surgery considering the timing of her work and public appearances. She just lost a lot of weight. The area where you'll notice that the most is the face.

Edit: Just go to the Private Practice episode where Amell shows up.

Yeah, I don't think she had any work done. Personally, she's always looked hot despite the nitpicks, and I've enjoyed Laurel as a character despite all the hate.

But it's funny how much of a loss/loss Laurel is for Katy. Has a slight double chin in some bad photos/shots/angles like every other human being on the planet? OMG SO PUDGY, SO FAT, WHAT'S UP WITH LAUREL GUYS, SEEMS 2 BE EATIN 2 MUCH, NO???? Lose weight for season 2, perhaps to better act out her character's downward spiral? OMG PUT SOME WEIGHT ON DAT GIRL, GET HER SOME BURGERS HOLY CRAP THE CHIN, THE ANOREXIA. Post gym photo showing some bulk for season 3? LOOK AT THOSE WEAK ASS MUSCLES, STILL DOESN'T COMPARE TO X, Y, Z.

People have the gall to mock the standard CW young model casting routine, yet simultaneously post shit like the above. Imagine if some character like Samwell Tarly was on Arrow rofl; the memes, the comic strips, the immediate character hate-posts!

Wiktor

Yeah, I don't think she had any work done. Personally, she's always looked hot despite the nitpicks, and I've enjoyed Laurel as a character despite all the hate.

But it's funny how much of a loss/loss Laurel is for Katy. Has a slight double chin in some bad photos/shots/angles like every other human being on the planet? OMG SO PUDGY, SO FAT, WHAT'S UP WITH LAUREL GUYS, SEEMS 2 BE EATIN 2 MUCH, NO???? Lose weight for season 2, perhaps to better act out her character's downward spiral? OMG PUT SOME WEIGHT ON DAT GIRL, GET HER SOME BURGERS HOLY CRAP THE CHIN, THE ANOREXIA. Post gym photo showing some bulk for season 3? LOOK AT THOSE WEAK ASS MUSCLES, STILL DOESN'T COMPARE TO X, Y, Z.

People have the gall to mock the standard CW young model casting routine, yet simultaneously post shit like the above. Imagine if some character like Samwell Tarly was on Arrow rofl; the memes, the comic strips, the immediate character hate-posts!

A sucky character can turn people against an actress unfortunatelly.

That said, pretty much all hate Katy is getting is Laurel related, not actually personal. People just hate that character and it's getting worse because people are scared this hated character might replace one they like.
Seriously, if producers have any sort of sympathy for Katy they better not let Sara die. If they absolutely need to turn Laurel into Black Canary, just make both sisters survive this.

Dany

Banned
Yo my problems with Laural is that her character motivations do not exist most of the time, and she is the worse actress. Moreso than thea.

Is Walter going to have the OBGYN killed? Fucking seriously.

SUICIDE SQUAD? Is that what this is? omg :3

ollie is having such a boner now, ha.

'btw dad im bisexual' lol

literally nothing makes sense in this episode. jesus.

Yo my problems with Laural is that her character motivations do not exist most of the time, and she is the worse actress. Moreso than thea.

Is Walter going to have the OBGYN killed? Fucking seriously.

SUICIDE SQUAD? Is that what this is? omg :3

ollie is having such a boner now, ha.

'btw dad im bisexual' lol

literally nothing makes sense in this episode. jesus.

Hahahahaha

Dany

Banned
Thats not how drones work. Drones do not launch missiles that are not as slow as a car. And they most certainly do not get that low to the ground.

The fuck.

Wiktor

Suicide Squad episode wasn;t that bad. Most of all, it turned Deadshot into awesome character. I hope we'll get at least two more Suicide Squad episodes next season, as long as they stack up the squad with more characters. Develop Bronze Tiger, let Helena join in, at least. And then let Deathstroke become the leader of it (near the end of the season though, him reappearing too early would propably siphon the energy out of the new big bad)

One of the best things about this show is that the showrunners are willing to change things up and play out the consequences of these changes. For all it's schlock and superhero cliches, at least the status quo is constantly shifting.

I don't think they handled the story of Laurel particularly well (and the lack of chemistry between Cassidy and Amell is problematic since their relationship is supposed to be a pivot.) But at least we know they won't re-tread past mistakes - whatever direction they take Laurel in, it'll be something new, hopefully more interesting than what went before. The actress is okay - not spectacular but let's be realistic, a lot of the casting in Arrow is b-roll so that's hardly a fair criticism.

And if they do kill Laurel off Arrow-style, it has to be more meaningful than 'well, the fans didn't respond to her' so her exit needs more setup than what we have now.

I think the writers have trouble with their non-super characters in general. Diggle, Lance and Thea suffer from the same problem but it seems most pronounced in Laurel, probably because she's supposed to be the most important character on paper.

TLDR, Laurel's actress gets unfairly blamed for failures of the writing team.

Dany

Banned
Really, officer lance has to know its Oliver. Seriously, he is the only one that makes sense, hee ven just called the Arrow and Ollie was answering the phone. wtf.

DieH@rd

Banned
Really, officer lance has to know its Oliver. Seriously, he is the only one that makes sense, hee ven just called the Arrow and Ollie was answering the phone. wtf.

They will put focus on that toward the end of S2. Detective Chesthair made an awesome speech about it.

DieH@rd

Banned
Cool I imagine as much. I feel like Commissioner Gordon in the comic books is the same way, he knows but never brings it up.

Good explanation is coming, and it will fit nicely with what they have shown during S2 when Det. Chesthair was actively helping Arrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom