• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Wonder who's the villain they're going to sue for the crossover. Figure it'd have to be a big name if they're going to do a two-hour event.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

I'm okay with this. The movie side of DC is pretty shaky, while they got a good thing going on the small screen (live action and animated). DC is going to let Arrow and Flash play around with the B and C tier characters all they want because they'll have no chance of appearing in a movie. And if by some miracle they're needed, it's a different universe. It's cool with me.

Penguin

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

1769291-darth_vader_noooo.jpg

WB/DC you stupid fucks you had everything to make it right.

Tabby

This is great news, what are you guys on about?

It gives the CWVerse more freedom, and it also means that the movies don't have to use cheapo "grounded in reality no powers" versions of DC characters like Australian de-powered Deathstroke and Black Canary with no actual powers.

I mean I like Flash and Arrow don't get me wrong but if I'm watching a big budget summer blockbuster then I want it to be amazing as possible.

If they were connected I doubt we would see another big villain like Deathstroke on CWVerse

Shaanyboi

Banned
This is great news, what are you guys on about?

It gives the CWVerse more freedom, and it also means that the movies don't have to use cheapo "grounded in reality no powers" versions of DC characters like Australian de-powered Deathstroke and Black Canary with no actual powers.

I mean I like Flash and Arrow don't get me wrong but if I'm watching a big budget summer blockbuster then I want it to be amazing as possible.

If they were connected I doubt we would see another big villain like Deathstroke on CWVerse

Well firstly, what are the chances we'd ever actually see Deathstroke on-screen? Secondly, the Arrow universe has superpowers now. Flash's first episode literally has him fighting a version of Weather Wizard. We're just getting The Atom.

Now that we have a firm stance on two universes, we just need the television crew to have unrestricted access to all of DC. There's a chance Gotham presents problems for the CW with Batman and his rogues. A silly solution is to cast a 60 year old Bruce Wayne and establish a Batman who was active in the '80s and '90s. That way you can cast Michael Keaton.

Snake

Ollie/Amell crossing over with Snyder's Supesverse would be like Colbert getting the Late Show all over again. Sure, you're happy for him breaking into the big leagues, but why would you want the final product?

So, with the universes being separate, this should open the possibility that we'll eventually see Supes and Bats in the Arrowverse, right?

Because, damn. That would be so sweet.

Whomever suggested it before deserves some love for this idea, but I like the idea of a DC live action multiverse. CW universe and movie universe. That leaves open the possibility for a Crisis on Infinite Earths style crossover eventually. Which would be awesome.

Penguin

So, with the universes being separate, this should open the possibility that we'll eventually see Supes and Bats in the Arrowverse, right?

Because, damn. That would be so sweet.

I honestly wouldn't expect either one
Either way

I feel like their premise would dominate the characters. (And Batman has Gotham, I really don't think DC wants 3 different Bat-verses)

Shaanyboi

Banned
Whomever suggested it before deserves some love for this idea, but I like the idea of a DC live action multiverse. CW universe and movie universe. That leaves open the possibility for a Crisis on Infinite Earths style crossover eventually. Which would be awesome.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that that will probably never happen.

Good, DC/WB's modern comic movies have mostly sucked outside of Nolan's Batman movies and the third one wasn't that great and Ledger pretty much carried the second one. Snyder and Goyer (the "architect" of their movie universe) continue to fail to give me reason to have faith in them. Besides that, we're past the point timeline wise where it would work anyway.

Penguin

Good, DC/WB's modern comic movies have mostly sucked outside of Nolan's Batman movies and the third one wasn't that great and Ledger pretty much carried the second one. Snyder and Goyer (the "architect" of their movie universe) continue to fail to give me reason to have faith in them. Besides that, we're past the point timeline wise where it would work anyway.

I mean it's not like there's been a ton of them.

Straight up DC, there's been 4?

I mean it's not like there's been a ton of them.

Straight up DC, there's been 4?

When do you want to start counting? I'd go with Batman Begins, leaving out Catwoman and only counting ones with characters from the DC comics universe.

Batman Begins, Superman Returns, The Dark Knight, Jonah Hex, Green Lantern, The Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel. so seven

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
In the end, this is for the best. I still want Amell to just show up as Green Arrow in Justice League with absolutely no explanation given. Just make him visually different from the TV show look, including some blonde facial hair or something. Multiverse Amell.

I like seeing Ollie and Barry as the Bruce and Clark of their universe. We get new villains, new story ideas, different character arcs, etc. I prefer this.

Yeah, that's why the Earth 2 comic series was really good in the beginning. It couldn't use Superman or Batman by design, so you got a focus on smaller heroes.

Wiktor

Nope, Warner will not allow that. Supes and Bats are off the limits.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07...f-justice-geoff-johns-no-dc-movietv-crossover

It's for the best. Those characters can't really be done properly on a small screen, especially when you would have them compared to cinema ones. Plus they would overshadow the tv heroes.

Anyway, TV shows are better off pilaging Supes and Batman's backgrounds, using villains, side characters, locations.

And keeping the universes separate is for the best. Without it you could kiss goodbye any chances of having Ras and Harley actually appearing somewhere in the future.
I wonder if they can get members of Bat family though. it would be nice to get a passing mention that there's some sort of less deadly vigilante in Gotham and having somebody like Red Hood appear on Arrow, of course for him to get his ass kicked by Oliver in a sword combat :)

And for a total nerdgasm, have Jensen Ackles star as Red Hood please :)

Penguin

When do you want to start counting? I'd go with Batman Begins, leaving out Catwoman and only counting ones with characters from the DC comics universe.

Batman Begins, Superman Returns, The Dark Knight, Jonah Hex, Green Lantern, The Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel. so seven

Well he said aside from the Nolan Batman films, which is how I got 4.

Why are people getting upset? If anything, the TV/Movie split allows both universes room to grow without having to try and tie everything together.

If they were gonna do it, then they'd have to explain why none of the TV characters seemed to notice/mention the gigantic dubstep beam pounding part of Metropolis into dust.

That would be easy to explain. The Finale events with Zod in MoS didn't happen until end of S5 of Arrow and S3 of The Flash. That would be the year just before release of DoJ, so they could both lead into the new movie.

In the end, this is for the best. I still want Amell to just show up as Green Arrow in Justice League with absolutely no explanation given. Just make him visually different from the TV show look, including some blonde facial hair or something. Multiverse Amell.

That would be pretty funny to see. Or he could he be playing his future self. 10+ years older with facial hair, and a little more seasoned.

Oh I agree. she is looking mighty fine again. Hope that carries onto the screen in S3.

That would be easy to explain. The Finale events with Zod in MoS didn't happen until end of S5 of Arrow and S3 of The Flash. That would be the year just before release of DoJ, so they could both lead into the new movie.

Doesn't Man of Steel take place in the present day? It would be really hard to explain away how/why people from 2015/16 are using phones and shit from 2013.

Plus, what happens if Terrio/Snyder decide that DoJ takes place a year+ after Man of Steel? Does everything suddenly jump forward too?

I don't understand this nonsense. If the Movie/TV universe is supposed to be separate then why not let them use Supes/Bats legacy characters? FFS... give me a Richard Grayson/Nightwing show and none of that "Flying Graysons" crap which was thankfully cancelled before scripting even. The Wonder Twins can be his Felicity and Diggle with Barbara/Oracle, Jason Todd, Cyborg making appearances soon.

Then after a year or two... a Young Justice/Titans show. Of course none of this will happen. ;_;

I don't understand this nonsense. If the Movie/TV universe is supposed to be separate then why not let them use Supes/Bats legacy characters? FFS... give me a Richard Grayson/Nightwing show and none of that "Flying Graysons" crap which was thankfully cancelled before scripting even. The Wonder Twins can be his Felicity and Diggle with Barbara/Oracle, Jason Todd, Cyborg making appearances soon.

Then after a year or two... a Young Justice/Titans show. Of course none of this will happen. ;_;

There was nothing said about the "legacy characters" not being used. Just Superman/Batman (which probably wasn't happening anyway). Assuming the "Bat-embargo" is dead, they could have some characters show up.

The Young Justice show has been speculated about for a while. I don't know if it would happen, but that shit fits perfectly with the CW.

Doesn't Man of Steel take place in the present day? It would be really hard to explain away how/why people from 2015/16 are using phones and shit from 2013.

Plus, what happens if Terrio/Snyder decide that DoJ takes place a year+ after Man of Steel? Does everything suddenly jump forward too?

I don't remember specifics, but I don't think a year was stated in MoS was it? If a Time jump happens, then... well I don't know. It's not happening anyway, but I don't remember enough detail about MoS nor do I know enough about what's happening in DoJ to really answer this in a way that will connect it all in a satisfying manner.

I don't remember specifics, but I don't think a year was stated in MoS was it? If a Time jump happens, then... well I don't know. It's not happening anyway, but I don't remember enough detail about MoS nor do I know enough about what's happening in DoJ to really answer this in a way that will connect it all in a satisfying manner.

Not directly but we know Clark's age and when John Kent died and it lines up for taking place in the year the movie was released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom