• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, putting characters from a good TV show into a bad movie won't make the movie better, it'll just make the TV show worse.

Keep DC movieverse the hell away from DC TV and DC animation

LNBL

Btw the picture came from Paul Blackthorne. Mandatory chest hair picture now

ef8f3198e16b1f11a575b3726ef2231d.png

Wiktor

Guys, putting characters from a good TV show into a bad movie won't make the movie better, it'll just make the TV show worse.

Keep DC movieverse the hell away from DC TV and DC animation

True. But I still want my mid budget Deathstroke movie, with Manu, made in Asia and with Gareth Evans behind the camera. Is that too much to ask? ;)

But seriously, I do hope they will go to asia to make at least one of their lower budgeted DC movies.

True. But I still want my mid budget Deathstroke movie, with Manu, made in Asia and with Gareth Evans behind the camera. Is that too much to ask? ;)

But seriously, I do hope they will go to asia to make at least one of their lower budgeted DC movies.

If they do make a deathstroke movie I'm pretty sure Manu won't be the one starring in it; he's not a big enough name for that. They'll also put Batman in it to make sure it makes money.

DC movieverse is way too desperate and will keep throwing money and characters at the next movie til enough people feel obligated to watch it. They won't approach the material with anywhere near the level of respect or restraint as Arrow does, so I hope the showrunners never become beholden to the whims of the movie division. It'll be like the Winter Soldier tie-in for Agents of Shield, but instead of a good movie making a bad TV show better, it'll be the other way around.

Wiktor

If they do make a deathstroke movie I'm pretty sure Manu won't be the one starring in it; he's not a big enough name for that. They'll also put Batman in it to make sure it makes money.

DC movieverse is way too desperate and will keep throwing money and characters at the next movie til enough people feel obligated to watch it. They won't approach the material with anywhere near the level of respect or restraint as Arrow does, so I hope the showrunners never become beholden to the whims of the movie division. It'll be like the Winter Soldier tie-in for Agents of Shield, but instead of a good movie making a bad TV show better, it'll be the other way around.

I'm not sure. I mean, the plan they have is to make lower budgeted movies for smaller characters. Like up to 40 mln dollars tops. That's not going to be anywhere near enough to have full blown Batman in it and could allow them to do it properly without much risk. This is of course assuming they won't scrap those plans. It wouldn't even have to be connected to movie or tv universe.

It'll be like the Winter Soldier tie-in for Agents of Shield, but instead of a good movie making a bad TV show better, it'll be the other way around.

The problem with Agents wasn't that the movie made the show good, It was that the show was obviously built around the twist in The Winter Soldier, but in an attempt to not spoil the movie had to dance around any actual progression. I honestly believe the show was build backwards as they had a plan for the TWS tie in first, but expanded it with an additional 11 episodes to lead up to it.

I shook my head at this post so much my neck might've broken (I can do hyperbole too!). We're still going with this desperation/clusterfuck thing?

AOS was... okay until the Winter Soldier stuff. There was some good character stuff, some fun stuff, I didn't have a problem.

The Winter Soldier stuff made the show legitimately great. That entire run of episodes right to the end were so tight and awesome, it justified some of the lackluster stuff at the beginning

pole-thing.gif

Five feet tall. 100lbs. Hot as hell.

Eat your heart out, Caity Lotz.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/21/kacy-catanzaro-american-ninja-warrior-ew-live/

Kacy Catanzaro made history on July 14 by completing the American Ninja Warrior obstacle course and becoming the first woman in the show’s six seasons to land a spot in the finals. Since the groundbreaking victory, the former NCAA gymnast told EW Live about the outpouring of support she’s received from fans and celebrities alike, including a happy-tear-inducing congratulation video from her gymnastics hero, 2008 Olympic All-Around gold medalist Nastia Liukin.

One A-lister from whom Catanzaro would like to hear: Arrow star Stephen Amell, a self-proclaimed Ninja Warrior superfan, who has hit the gym with Catanzaro’s boyfriend and trainer Brent Steffensen (himself a four-time ANW competitor). Watching a video of Amell’s Ninja-esque “Superhero Workout,” Catanzaro noted that “his form is just tip-top. Maybe he could teach me some things. I wouldn’t hate that.”

Catanzaro also talked about a potential career as a stuntwoman, what she was feeling when Steffensen scaled the Spider Climb to celebrate with her at the Dallas qualifier, and the chances of a quickie wedding after (or maybe even at?) the finals in Las Vegas.

amellhksii.png

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

Joni

I don't get the jokes is he actually gay or something?
He has never confirmed it, but there are erotic pictures of a 17-year old Haynes kissing a guy, he is supposed to be an ex of Zachary Quinto, and he held hands with John Barrowman. The first two are inconclusive, but the third one proofs it.

He's probably bi but whatever.
Considering how much he hangs out with Emily Beth Rickards, a lot of Arrow fans are hoping he is just gay.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
He has never confirmed it, but there are erotic pictures of a 17-year old Haynes kissing a guy, he is supposed to be an ex of Zachary Quinto, and he held hands with John Barrowman. The first two are inconclusive, but the third one proofs it.

Considering how much he hangs out with Emily Beth Rickards, a lot of Arrow fans are hoping he is just gay.

I think Barrowman will just dry hump anyone in his immediate vecinity.

I don't get the jokes is he actually gay or something?

Yes. Now stop talking about my waifu. Leave us be in peace.

There's going to be two gay male characters on The Flash. :D

One of them will be played by this gorgeous man.

Patrick Sabongi

The fact that they already have a gay character in the pilot whose sexuality isn't addressed I find so cool. Also I'm very excited about the prospect of this new character...

So the Pied Piper being a super villain that can use music to control people's minds sounds very promising. I'm guessing though, in order to translate better on TV he'll just be able to control people's minds, via meta-human powers, and his victims will be "entranced" by a whistling sound they hear in their head or something. Seeing his history in the comics, it's also possible that he latter becomes a good guy or maybe an anti-hero? Plenty directions they can go with the character. Can't wait to see what they do with him.

Tugatrix

Isn't Barrowman married?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom