• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Komodo's original look is cooler:

sorrentino-green-arrow-17-komodo.jpg

Speculation on Olicity:
They date for a few, Felecity gets crippled somehow (Oracle episode title sorta gave it away) and Ollie breaks things off due to immense guilt.
Or at least I hope that's how it goes.

NO.

The show should come up with their own pronunciation. I vote for Raul al Ghul.

Gives it more flair.

YES.

Vico

Caught up a few weeks ago.
Just stumbled upon a season 3 trailer, and damn this is gonna be good. Main villain will be cool as fuck.

At this point it'll be hard to top both Deathstroke and him.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Thats Ra' ?????

Disappointing smh

They could'nt find some old Arab/persian to be a scary badass villain...

plus Matthew is just meh

stryke

In that facebook trailer, can someone tell me some of the things I should be looking out for, particularly the new characters and the villains (e.g. is there a suggestion that Thea becomes any notable comic book character?)

I really like watching Arrow a lot but I'm not so deep into the lore that I can recognise shit all. Like before last season, I've known about the character Deathstroke from Arkham Origins, but I had no idea that Slade would become him and had no anticipation he would become an antagonist later on.

Clevinger

In that facebook trailer, can someone tell me some of the things I should be looking out for, particularly the new characters and the villains (e.g. is there a suggestion that Thea becomes any notable comic book character?)

I really like watching Arrow a lot but I'm not so deep into the lore that I can recognise shit all. Like before last season, I've known about the character Deathstroke from Arkham Origins, but I had no idea that Slade would become him and had no anticipation he would become an antagonist later on.

Thea's kind of a mish mash of comic characters. There's Mia Dearden, one of the Speedys (Green Arrow's sidekicks) from the comics. And then there's Emiko, Oliver's half-sister, who goes around with one of his villains and fights against him for a while. My guess is, unless she's killed off, Thea becomes this show's Speedy after her little villain arc is over.

Count Vertigo was the sleazy dude who said "Some things never die." Notable villain.

Komodo was the black-masked dude with a bow. He's the big villain from the current comics.

Ray Palmer, the guy who says he landed on the roof, is going to be The Atom. In the comics he's a superhero who can change his size.

My wife and I are moving to another state on Saturday. A bunch of coworkers were coming out for dinner and drinks tonight for a going away party, but we failed to sway one somewhat antisocial coworker into coming out.

So I posted to Amell's Facebook wall about it and asked my coworkers to tell him (a fan of Arrow) that he has failed this city. I asked Amell if he could also tell him that he has failed this city.

And Amell responded:
"Has he? Sounds like he has"

Even The Arrow knows that my former coworker has failed this city. It was the cherry on top of a great night out.

My wife and I are moving to another state on Saturday. A bunch of coworkers were coming out for dinner and drinks tonight for a going away party, but we failed to sway one somewhat antisocial coworker into coming out.

So I posted to Amell's Facebook wall about it and asked my coworkers to tell him (a fan of Arrow) that he has failed this city. I asked Amell if he could also tell him that he has failed this city.

And Amell responded:
"Has he? Sounds like he has"

Even The Arrow knows that my former coworker has failed this city. It was the cherry on top of a great night out.

tumblr_mutstoy3pF1rm1rlco1_500.gif

Wiktor

Komodo's original look is cooler:

sorrentino-green-arrow-17-komodo.jpg

In comics, but I'm not sure how that would be translated to a screen. I mean, it's been drawn in such way that it took me quite a long time to wrap my head around how the mask actually looks like :D
It's propably a good decision to hide his arms though. Komodo is so scary because he's bassically like Oliver skills-wise only a lot stronger and faster and showing a guy with petite biceps next to the ones Ammell walks around wouldn't convey that :D

dude seems really cool with the fans.

I had a feeling he might respond, and he did. The coworker in question is a fan of the show, which makes it even funnier. I made sure to show it to everyone that came out tonight so they can let him know that even The Arrow says he failed the city.

But for me, this is just further confirmation that Amell is an awesome person with his fans.

Predictably some people are already starting to stir shit up because Ra's wil be played by white actor
http://io9.com/meet-the-new-white-dude-playing-ras-al-ghul-on-arrow-1630649811/all

Yeah, let's bash Arrow, which has given plenty of big roles to non-white actors, that has lots of strong women in the cast (including bisexual), which cast samoan as Slade Wilson and even turned Komodo black. Jeez.

I thought Manu was Maori, not Samoan.

Either way, the show has been doing a good job on casting from all walks of life.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Manu is half-maori. And whoever shits on Arrow's cast deserves to be laughed at. The show is *crazy* diverse. The CW is doing quite a good job in that regard.

stryke

Thea's kind of a mish mash of comic characters. There's Mia Dearden, one of the Speedys (Green Arrow's sidekicks) from the comics. And then there's Emiko, Oliver's half-sister, who goes around with one of his villains and fights against him for a while. My guess is, unless she's killed off, Thea becomes this show's Speedy after her little villain arc is over.

Count Vertigo was the sleazy dude who said "Some things never die." Notable villain.

Komodo was the black-masked dude with a bow. He's the big villain from the current comics.

Ray Palmer, the guy who says he landed on the roof, is going to be The Atom. In the comics he's a superhero who can change his size.

Awesome. Knowing some of this makes me more excited.

ReiGun

Predictably some people are already starting to stir shit up because Ra's wil be played by white actor
http://io9.com/meet-the-new-white-dude-playing-ras-al-ghul-on-arrow-1630649811/all

Yeah, let's bash Arrow, which has given plenty of big roles to non-white actors, that has lots of strong women in the cast (including bisexual), which cast samoan as Slade Wilson and even turned Komodo black. Jeez.

On the one hand, yes "Arrow" (and soon "Flash," from the way casting is going there) absolutely deserves credit for casting non-whites and women in important roles. On the other hand, that doesn't make it any less shitty to see yet another case a traditionally non-white character get played by a white dude.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Ras has changed so much over the years that he's quite probably the less racially exclusive character in the DCU. I would have loved somebody more Asian looking, but I'm not mad.

Wiktor

On the one hand, yes "Arrow" (and soon "Flash," from the way casting is going there) absolutely deserves credit for casting non-whites and women in important roles. On the other hand, that doesn't make it any less shitty to see yet another case a traditionally non-white character get played by a white dude.

As opposed to white character being played by other ethnicity? ;)
This is Ra's. He's not arabic in any medium we've seen him. He's largely asian storywise and he's been drawn/animated as white guy in pretty much every media we've seen. So casting arab wouldn't exactly be canonical anyway and it could cause even bigger shitstorm with having middle eastern looking actor play yet another terrorist.

Plus the guy isn't really white-white, the way Neeson was. He does look like has varied ethnic lineage, which fits the character

Personally I always thought Hiroshi Abe was perfect for the part, as he asian, yet in a way that's very hard to pinpoint exactly. Shame the dude can't speak english.
Hiroshi_Abe-p2.jpg

ReiGun

As opposed to white character being played by other ethnicity? ;)
The former happens far, far more often than the other and is generally more problematic because of that frequency as it denies minority actors a chance to perform in what is already a highly competitive space.

This is Ra's. He's not arabic in any medium we've seen him. He's largely asian storywise and he's been drawn/animated as white guy in pretty much every media we've seen. So casting arab wouldn't exactly be canonical anyway and it could cause even bigger shitstorm with having middle eastern looking actor play yet another terrorist.

Plus the guy isn't really white-white, the way Neeson was. He does look like has varied ethnic lineage, which fits the character

Personally I always thought Hiroshi Abe was perfect for the part, as he asian, yet in a way that's very hard to pinpoint exactly. Shame the dude can't speak english.
Hiroshi_Abe-p2.jpg
Well, I didn't necessarily agree with the article that he should be Arabic. I always imagined Ra's as Arabic or Asian, so I would have liked an Asian actor (who are pretty well represented, to Arrow's credit).

They claim there are lots of Arab actors who could have done the role but don't mention any of them and I can't come up with anyone who would fit the role. Oded Fehr is Israeli.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Guys, after the sell me a show with one gif thread we're going to have to retire wallflip.gif.

If Felicity is the Arrowverse's Oracle now, and the writers push the Oliver/Laurel ship, I wouldn't mind a new Birds of Prey show with Sara/Huntress/Felicity.

I really need to update the DC Nation Shorts thread, but they started doing long-form stories with some of them like the Doom Patrol which is up to like Part 7 or 8
These shorts are just on fire, if WB, CN and Mattel could get there heads out of their asses there are at least six shorts that should be shows with MASSIVE potential. Just saddens me. I will always cherish my SBFF figs....

Wiktor

If Felicity is the Arrowverse's Oracle now, and the writers push the Oliver/Laurel ship, I wouldn't mind a new Birds of Prey show with Sara/Huntress/Felicity.
I don;t think those have enough potential for a whole show though. CW should really embrace event series. So much potential there for small self contained seasons (with option for sequel or even turning it into regular show) that would fill the space left when shows are on breaks.

Imagine a Comic-Con DC panel when they showed a small teaser with Slade in prison being aproached by Amanda Waller, who offered him to lead a taskforce and then it ened with a tagline "Suicide Squad: 6 villains, 8 episodes, summer 2015"

These shorts are just on fire, if WB, CN and Mattel could get there heads out of their asses there are at least six shorts that should be shows with MASSIVE potential. Just saddens me. I will always cherish my SBFF figs....

What would/could DC Nation look like right now? So many really cool shows (and potential shows) could have made for an awesome block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom