• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
Remember when they said season 4 would be
more loyal than ever to the Green Arrow mythology? Then they went and killed one of the few actual comic characters on the show.

Comic characters don't make them any more important than the other characters. Nor is being unfaithful to the comics a bad thing, it's doing characters poorly when the comics did it better (Zoom) that should be avoided.

The Arrowverse already has a good Canary and we might be getting a third, so losing a useless - not bad, just mostly superfluous - one doesn't mean much tbh

Magwik

Banned
Before we get started;
pls0Kpl.gif

Remember when Season Four was going to explore Laurel's double life?

According to executive producer Wendy Mericle, following her training period during Season 3, Laurel will be “fully arrived as Black Canary” when Season 4 kicks off, so there won’t be any more learning curve when it comes to taking on the bad guys. Mericle also told TV Line that Laurel will face struggles balancing her day job with her nighttime crimefighting activities.

As Mericle put it:
She has a secret identity; how does she grapple with that? And she’s an ADA, so what kind of impact is that going to have on her decisions as Black Canary — and vice versa?

I vaguely remember Black Canary was also going to be given her own nemesis. What happened to these stories? The producers and writers promoted many changes for Season Four, few of which have been delivered.

The show was green arrow in name only since it started.
So i really don't see why a comic character should matter more .
This season has had some lows but i still like it .
I don't like when they kill off characters but lets see where this goes.

T Dollarz

Hey guys, so was Flash on last night? I am confused. I see Arrow is on tonight, and Legends won't be on til Sunday here because the Cubs play Thursday night I guess, but I don't see anything on Flash. Is just that on a hiatus? Weird...

ZeroX03

Banned
Hey guys, so was Flash on last night? I am confused. I see Arrow is on tonight, and Legends won't be on til Sunday here because the Cubs play Thursday night I guess, but I don't see anything on Flash. Is just that on a hiatus? Weird...

Yes Flash is on hiatus. Arrow goes on hiatus after this episode. No hiatus for Legends.

If you wait a bit, morningbus will post up the schedule images he made for the fifth time.

Also since i forgot TV shows people say shit at start of the season and then it don't happen .
I have seen it so many times , the same thing with what they did with the grave storyline.
Still most shows don't tell you that is how it happens lol .

Remember when Season Four was going to explore Laurel's double life?

I vaguely remember Black Canary was also going to be given her own nemesis. What happened to these stories? The producers and writers promoted many changes for Season Four, few of which have been delivered.

She got her own nemesis. His name was William Clayton. :p

Magwik

Banned
People are freaking out on twitter. People are pissed at the death

WE LOVE ARROW is trending.
All Olicity shippers trying to prove the showrunners are right for killing Laurel and are happy about it
Mostly using bots too. Pretty disgusting.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Twitter is reacting like this and the episode hasn't even aired yet. Hang on to your buns, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom