• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean
I could maybe grasp them killing Laurel off had they provided a justified reason. It would be a complete bullshit reason regardless, but if they made some effort fine. But no, it is basically them needing to kill off a character, so they went with Laurel. The one character who actually has made a huge progress from how she was in the first season. No excuse given, but them stating that they just had to finish this plot-line they started from the premiere. I know some people want Sara back but that's highly unlikely given she's definitely going to continue on Legends, and on that note, Sara would be underused if she was brought to Arrow given that she really doesn't have any plots they could go on.

I can only hope Earth-2 Laurel on Flash doesn't get killed off and becomes a regular on either show.

Sauce.

Wow, just wow.

tumblr_o0tcr8Jb8b1u3to9ro1_1280.jpg

KonradLaw

I don't care what other people say. Laurel has been the worst part of Arrow as a whole. Seeing her go will be satisfying and will improve the show onwards She was by far the worst part of Arrow team and every action scene with her has been an ambarassment aside from Oliver's transportation methods. Plus she's done as character. THere isn't anything more to do with her. She's just lame sidekick who takes the camera away from much cooler people.

And I don't care that she became Black Canary. Don't like that character in comicbooks either and hope the new Rebirth run will only have her as guest star. If she's permanent part of that comicbook I'm not going to be collecting it.

Magwik

Banned
Anyone recall Dahrks plan? Oh right 18 episodes in and that still hasn't been explained. I just want to know about the corn.

Joni

We know for damn sure they're on the wrong side of this list because they wrote the grave scene before they knew who was going to die. It could still work...but that's not a good start.
They killed someone every season, it is just a sensible guess.

KonradLaw

Anyone recall Dahrks plan? Oh right 18 episodes in and that still hasn't been explained. I just want to know about the corn.

THey're keeping it a secret, because they're gearing up to reveal that the movie Consumed is part of Arroweverse.
Look, they even have Firestorm in it. It all fits. Darkh's plan is to destroy the world using GMO corn seeds.

Joni

He has done some good episodes. I'm curious. He also did MVP: Most Vertical Primate so I'm expecting Grodd turning up in some sports playing capacity.

Chase17

Expecting Malcom to be the cause of the death. And then we can, for whatever reason, get two or three more "I did it for you" scenes between him and Thea.

Edit: And maybe Ollie taking the blame. Maybe considering if he should have tried to put him in jail after cutting off his hand.

Magwik

Banned
Expecting Malcom to be the cause of the death. And then we can, for whatever reason, get two or three more "I did it for you" scenes between him and Thea.

Edit: And maybe Ollie taking the blame. Maybe considering if he should have tried to put him in jail after cutting off his hand.
What jail would realistically hold him?

Chase17

What jail would realistically hold him?
Probably none. But it's worth a shot now that he is missing a hand. I don't really subscribe to the, no jail can hold him so let's let him run loose idea.

Edit: We need to keep Lance as a regular so we can regularly check in with his relationship with Felicity's mom.

Of all the complaints I've seen on this season
Laurel was none of them (unless you count her along with everyone else as the whole 'too many people on Team Arrow'. So I don't see how killing her off would automatically cure the show and make it better.

Oregano

Even if there a legit story reason to choose
Laurel
it"s not a good look that they kill a character who is hated by a subset of fans that they already seem to have been pandering to. Combine that with the fact that they're killing one of the only characters from the source material and it just makes it seem like they really don't give a shit.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The writers have an opportunity with
Earth-2,
but I'm afraid they won't take it.
They've shown a number of times that they don't want other shows changing the status quo.

Remember when they said season 4 would be
more loyal than ever to the Green Arrow mythology? Then they went and killed one of the few actual comic characters on the show.

Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif

I was thinking this morning, Arrow has followed the trajectory of American Horror Story pretty closely.

Season 1: new concept, clunky but decent execution
Season 2: hits its stride
Season 3: fails by trying to focus on characters no one wants to see
Season 4: what the fuck? Freakshow Arrow Felicity is a terrible show
Seasons 5+: I wouldn't know because I don't care anymore

Chase17

In just a few hours this episode will turn everything around.

I'll keep telling myself this for at least two more seasons.

THey're keeping it a secret, because they're gearing up to reveal that the movie Consumed is part of Arroweverse.

Look, they even have Firestorm in it. It all fits. Darkh's plan is to destroy the world using GMO corn seeds.

WTF is that?! LOL. I knew Zoe Lister-Jones was a crazy "GMOs are evil!" person, but the fact that there is a movie too is hilarious.

EDIT: LOL! It is even crazier than I thought. It is a thriller written and directer by her and her husband. While investigating her son's illness, they realize it is caused by GMOs.

http://www.consumedthemovie.com

Shit, we need a new GMO Cinematic Universe to go along with the God is Not Dead Universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom