• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kard8p3

Just made me realize this current season means nothing because of legends. If they all returning the day they left then it pretty much rewrites everything.

Are they, though?
pretty sure Rip said he couldn't do that
I think it would be kind of shitty, but at the same time, kind of interesting, if they had the finale of both Flash and Arrow go through the changes that come with having those characters back in the past.

But still, I hope it doesn't happen, as interesting as it may be.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Man, they really should have stuck Thea down in the bunker sooner. The dynamics there are interesting.

Nah the missile hit. Tens of thousands of people dead.

Sometimes Arrow just says fuck it and lots of people die. It's kind of nice to not always win.

More people die in 20 seconds of Arrow than the entirety of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The Light

Ahh figured they would go back to before they left as to not mess up their lives too much. Ray is going to be pissed when he gets back.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Laurel wouldn't want Papa Cheathair to throw his career away. The hell you taking about, Mamma Smoak?

The Calculator ain't that bad with the shotgun. Obviously he doesn't have a lame no kill policy to hold him back.

Can't wait for the muties to show up next season seeking revenge on Felciity for nuking them!

Thea storyline was good until Malcom showed up. He's so boring and...predictable! And damnit Alex why did you have to die. You'll live on in my upcoming ship.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Shit got really right off the bat. I like how Felicity pointed out how stupid designing Rubicon was to begin with.

Queen Thea as always. "Like I said. Predicable." I also like that Thea has her own villain with Lonnie Machin.

Mama Smoak stopping Lance from being a cop again over a small lie. Come on! The Calculator worked for me in this episode, more so than his earlier appearances.

Diggle and Arrow prowling around in the daylight. That's new. It was cool how Argus helped them out in that final shootout against the Ghosts.

I'm thankful they kept the flashbacks down to the absolute minimum. They're usually less than a minute or so.

The fight choreography was on point in this episode.

And the nuke actually went off. Damn. Arrow is killing with these end of season episodes. Everything since Laurel's death has been excellent.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So I guess Arrow and Flash wont be doing another big crossover episode this year.

Nope. Those are just once a year events. I think they might have talked about doing two next year, but I doubt it happens. We'll probably get the traditional crossover, and then I could see some guest appearances on Flash and Arrow from some Legends of Tomorrow cast members sprinkled around.

Shit got really right off the bat. I like how Felicity pointed out how stupid designing Rubicon was to begin with.

Queen Thea as always. "Like I said. Predicable." I also like that Thea has her own villain with Lonnie Machin.

Mama Smoak stopping Lance from being a cop again over a small lie. Come on! The Calculator worked for me in this episode, more so than his earlier appearances.

Diggle and Arrow prowling around in the daylight. That's new. It was cool how Argus helped them out in that final shootout against the Ghosts.

I'm thankful they kept the flashbacks down to the absolute minimum. They're usually less than a minute or so.

The fight choreography was on point in this episode.

And the nuke actually went off. Damn. Arrow is killing with these end of season episodes. Everything since Laurel's death has been excellent.

Yeah, but Christ, a
processor which you can partially scan in order do reproduce it...

Stephen Amell will be gone from this show before they ever get rid of EBR barring some sort of career destroying indecent occurring.

Honestly I hope TMNT 2 is a huge hit and he gets a lot of attention from it and demand so when the time comes for his TV contract to be up he doesn't renew it. It's not likely at all to happen but I wish it would.

As for the episode, ehhhh... My enthusiasm for the show is pretty much gone, two episodes left and I'm still pretty set on this being my last season watching it.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Smooth move Felicity. You idiot!!

Stephen Amell will be gone from this show before they ever get rid of EBR barring some sort of career destroying indecent occurring.

Honestly I hope TMNT 2 is a huge hit and he gets a lot of attention from it and demand so when the time comes for his TV contract to be up he doesn't renew it. It's not likely at all to happen but I wish it would.

As for the episode, ehhhh... My enthusiasm for the show is pretty much gone, two episodes left and I'm still pretty set on this being my last season watching it.
Be sure to tip Berlanti Productions on your way out

that was actually tolerable the whole way through. fun episode. i liked how oliver and vinnie jones were doing arm bars and leg locks and shit.

can't believe they nuked a city. dahrk is a real big picture guy huh.

KonradLaw

Damn. Got to love writers of a damn superhero show who have enough balls to nuke a town :D

Another very good episode. Arrow is on the roll now.

And really nice fights. I liked how Oliver had to use his whole body weight against Brick.

The nuke actually not being stopped is surprising... but it raises so many fucking questions now, is US going to war with Russia? Why did no one besides fucking Felicity try and stop said Nuke? How in the world did the Nuke reach the US from around the world that fucking quickly? Will this be discussed in Flash at all? And many many more...

But heres the thing, its Arrow so I'm doubting this will actually mean jack shit at all. If anything I'm sure we can look forward to Felicty next season having PTSD for not stopping it or something.

I get that the writers prob. wanted to have a power up for Damien before the finale and what not but seriously Arrow has a nuke hit and kill 10,000 people and I think we all know its just an attempt at shock value and really nothing more.

I just... don't understand why this show suddenly needs to kick it up to 11 with its end season plot. First 3 seasons were about saving Starling City (and largely failing at it) now its Nukes and saving the world? I mean come on, that is such a huge fucking plot progression gap.

It's a shame imo to because the team split up and having to team up with and fight different villains is actually pretty good instead of Oliver taking on the villian and everyone else fighting generic masked extra #1000 for the 100th time.

Effect

I'm both impressed and annoyed that the nuke was allowed to hit like that. Impressed they had the balls to do it. It's not something you can sweep away I think. That's going have to come up in Flash at some point and have fallout, more ways then one, in Arrow going forward.

It's annoying though because how it was handled. There was no military response? Granted maybe Felicity and crew weren't bothering to pay attention to the military response because they were so busy with stopping it and fighting Hive. So many we'll get something in the next episode regarding how the US military couldn't stop it and how there are now either issues with Russia or how Russia was quick to say they didn't do it and someone took control of their system with the US backing up that claim. They should have had some hint of that here. They better have some of that in the next episode though if there is any down time between events. All it takes is a few lines from Lyla as well.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's interesting that they had a Russian nuke hit the US, considering that the next season will most likely deal with Russia in the flashbacks.

Could go nowhere or just be a coincidence.

So now that Felicity is fired on the show, let's match things up in real life.

Lol. Felicity wasn't annoying at all in this episode. In fact I'd say she was used just about perfectly. The haters are hilarious and reading their agony really enhances my enjoyment of the show.

I mean how can you read something like this

and not chuckle?

Yeah, I'm sure Amell is going to leave the only thing he'll be remembered for on the back of the cinematic masterpiece that will be TMNT 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom