• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Art Academy: SketchPad |OT|

Platy

zlCfzRFJbX0PbAnAgs

I am slightly afraid of how much those people already knows the program o_O

They will release the full app later

Roo

They will release the full app later

Since the core app is already available I wonder how much they'll charge for tutorials and a few new features here and there.
If it's less than $10 I'll get it even when I suck at drawing.

Shahadan

Welp. At least, considering the quality of his previous drawings, I guess he tried to warn us.

Since the core app is already available I wonder how much they'll charge for tutorials and a few new features here and there.
If it's less than $10 I'll get it even when I suck at drawing.

Lessons are the largest chunk of Art Academy games and are uber useful. It'll be priced higher than that.

antonz

This have any sort of a tutorial thing?

Full version will have tutorials. They teach you shading methods etc. and have you actually draw, paint objects etc. Current release is just the drawing and painting tools.

If people wanted to though right now they could use the 3DS art academy lessons and do them on the Wii U Gamepad.

why would it?

there are DLC art classes coming out for it later Iwata said

To help people like me who never progressed beyond stick figures :p

Full version will have tutorials. They teach you shading methods etc. and have you actually draw, paint objects etc. Current release is just the drawing and painting tools.

If people wanted to though right now they could use the 3DS art academy lessons and do them on the Wii U Gamepad.

When is the full version out? And is it just a port of the 3DS version out now?

blamite

So, how good is the 3DS art academy at teaching you how to draw? I've always thought it'd be cool to be able to draw but I've never really found a good way to get into it, if the lessons are actually good, I'll definitely pick up the full version on Wii U once it's out.

antonz

To help people like me who never progressed beyond stick figures :p

When is the full version out? And is it just a port of the 3DS version out now?

Full version seems to be a next year thing. I would guess early 2014. I would expect an all new version as 3DS wasn't the same as DS one.

So, how good is the 3DS art academy at teaching you how to draw? I've always thought it'd be cool to be able to draw but I've never really found a good way to get into it, if the lessons are actually good, I'll definitely pick up the full version on Wii U once it's out.

It gives you a pretty decent level of insight into drawing and painting. Its all digital so a little more forgiving but you get concepts.

I thought this was just Nintendo seeing how good the art was on Miiverse and rushing a port of this toll from the 3DS so people have more options to create art in color?

Did not think the 3DS version was good at teaching, good to hear it

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

It's reasonably educational. It tries to simulate the discipline and procedure of using real world materials. For instance there's no undo button; if you want to change something you paint it out.

The lessons start off very simple, basic shapes and fruit still life. It goes through a decent range of subjects and techniques. Fish, animals, plants, water, reflections, and lighting. Many people have reported it did increase their ability and knowledge, including starting from knowing nothing.

so will it just not release til noon today in na?

since it was already a strange Friday release who knows what NOA will do

I'll wait until much later too bad I could not draw Wonder Pink before the W101 direct so I'll draw something else since it will be too late

Wow. I would think Nintendo would censor that last one.

As would I, but I've noticed they've been pretty lenient when it comes to some more "over the top" drawings. Suggestive themes seem to be fine, obviously explicit though are off limits. I mean its not like we wont be seeing similar racy screen shots on MiiVerse when Bayo 2 comes out lol. Really though, MiiVerse mods have really been doing a heck of a job.

Robin64

This app has made me want to start looking properly at how to draw guides. I pretty much suck, so would be nice to use this to improve with Miiverse feedback.

sakipon

Missed opportunity for a cool midnight release. Really though, where is it? I'm dying to share some more stickmen.

As would I, but I've noticed they've been pretty lenient when it comes to some more "over the top" drawings. Suggestive themes seem to be fine, obviously explicit though are off limits. I mean its not like we wont be seeing similar racy screen shots on MiiVerse when Bayo 2 comes out lol. Really though, MiiVerse mods have really been doing a heck of a job.

I don't know why some of those detailed sexual images are allowed on the service while relatively innocent crude jokes are deleted within hours of being posted:

neEgmPX.png

I don't know why some of those detailed sexual images are allowed on the service while relatively innocent crude jokes are deleted within hours of being posted:

neEgmPX.png

The picture didn't get it deleted. The word bumpies did lol. All it takes is a quick google search and the first link already gives it an explicit definition.

Edit: Didnt realize the name of the game had the word in it. I actually dont understand why your picture was deleted other than for the fact that your "pies" look like a bare ass.

I will use this! Ive tried a few other digital art things, but I feel this being on a resistive screen will do good for me. Im not good at pressure sensitivity yet. Or really anything. :x

Top Bottom