• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

-Art Style- |OT| Simple. Fun. Stylish.

sorry for the bump, but I'm resigning myself to the fact that Skip is all but dissolved and its members are now on other teams across the industry, and the Art Style series is essentially dead. Last thing Skip was involved with was two of the games in Wii Pay Motion. You'd think after this much time they would at least have had something ready for the WiiU eshop launch :(

:(

*pours one out for Captain Rainbow*
just had to vent, sorry

mantidor

is this for real? D:

I always thought Art Style were experiments from Nintendo's own internal teams for some reason, this is saddening news.

is this for real? D:

I always thought Art Style were experiments from Nintendo's own internal teams for some reason, this is saddening news.

Art Style (originally bit Generations) games were all developed by Skip Ltd, an elite small team of Japanese dudes (some bright minds from Square) who were never owned by Nintendo but were considered 'second party' as all of their titles were published by Nintendo. One Art Style game (intersect/digidrive) was from Q Games.

There's nothing confirmed, but it just looks grim. AS games hit relatively soon after Wii shop launch, and DSiware launch. 3DS and WiiU eshops are now rolling, and there's absolutely zero word on upcoming titles. Then there's the fact that Skip's last releases were in 2011. I don't want to be negative, but the writing's on the wall. I'm sure the handful of awesome dudes who made up the team are applying themselves on other teams, but Skip Ltd seems to be no more. I'm desperately hoping that they've just been working hard on a package of AS games for both 3DS and WiiU, but that's very wishful thinking

anyone have any idea as to which publicly available email address is best to reach out to to fish for updates/see if the team is still a team?

There's no Chibi Robo 3DS. There was a third game in the series for DS that never came out in the US, though.

On topic, sad bump. Art Style is some of the best stuff to come out of this generation / Nintendo.

Hey Art Style fans,

sorry for the bump without any real news, but I wanted to bump this thread for two reasons:

First I hope that Chibi Robo Zip Lash is awesome and that Skip Ltd maintain their high standards.

Second I wanted to post a screenshot of something I'm quite proud of. I've finally 'gone the distance' in the amazingly designed endless 'Freeway' mode in Art Style: Light Trax. For the longest time I was curious whether the score counter would tick over to a seventh digit and exceed 1,000,000. I now know that it maxes out at 999,999 as the total distance for the run you're on continues to count up (I got to 12,004.8 on this run). Obviously a TAS of this mode would continue on infinitely, and I could eventually get to a point where I just keep accumulating time, but at this point I will be putting this beautiful game and mode to rest. Here's a photo of the epic ~3 hour game. I got a decent amount of Rainbow flashing line 10 sec time bonus luck, but also executed quite well.

Anyone else out there who may have played Light Trax enough to connect all the freeway sections that can join me in the 999,999 freeway mode club?

IMG_20150908_210529202_zpsejuxua9j.jpg

Top Bottom