• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer |OT| iOS Deck Building

Chorazin

chicken_ramen said:
My apologies for thinking its not quite as good then? Something about the fact that Ascension has a single draw deck with a constant tableau of 6 purchasable cards. I like how streamlined that is, but I think you do lose something. I didn't realize I was going to elicit such a violent response. :p

Sorry, I just have a violent hate for Thunderstone.

galvatron

jessecuster said:
Ok that is crazy, I just beat someone 106 - 72. He only had 6 points during our game, but had collected 66 points from the cards in his deck. Is this some strategy I am unaware of?

It sometimes works...it's all about average points per turn in my mind.

galvatron

pulga said:
Dude you totally slaughtered me last time we played. You had this crazy combo going on, I swear you played like 30 cards in one turn.
Haha...I think had a pretty good game, but it probably looked more impressive than it was since so many of my cards were just 1 point guys that didn't do much other than load up another card into my hand or let me banish from the center.

I am sometimes reluctant to pick up those cheap cards just due to the disasters that can happen when you reveal a card you can't afford in the center, but they do provide a great defense against Xeron, duke of lies. Its not often that he's a problem, but it's awful thinking that he might just steal a hedron cannon and result in a 19 point swing for your opponent. Some filler has its place...

Flunkie

Banned
I've got too many to cut down, and I still don't know exactly what all my actions are doing. Need more fine-tuning, so I'm okay with waiting.

Alright folks, some people have been clamoring for a NeoGAF tournament. Let's see who's truly interested! Here's a link to a tournament sign up page, I'll take down your info and build a tournament bracket based on the amount of entries (deadline for entry is 7/17 at 07:00 UTC):

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFlSZ2FUUjZDSWJhLW9vWjJqVWlhVVE6MQ

Here is the info:

1. This is a single elimination tournament, the winner of a match moves on to the next round.
2. Matches will be decided based on score (obviously) and once the match is completed, it's up to one of the players to post the score so I can post it on the tournament bracket. For example:

HHhVvl.jpg

or

kryptikjoker beat Player 2 with a score of 64-59

3. Once entries are in, I'll post a link to the tournament bracket which will contain everybody's NeoGAF username and Game Center IDs. It'll be up to everybody to add their opponents on Game Center in order to set up the matches.

That's it! (I hope...) This is my first time running a tourney like this so any other rules or stipulations can be added. Good luck!

To everyone waiting on me to move games forward: Sorry. I was having issues with my phone with the iOS 5 beta, but everything is good now and I should be able to play.

I have about 5 games going right now and looking forward to starting the tournament soon. We have about 18 players for this first one, not bad! Still formulating strategies, and had a close match with AstroLad where he won by just 1 point.

J0dy77

Add me please:

J0dy77 | ars2x

I've been waiting for a game like this on the platform without needing to spend hundreds of dollars on deck types. Seems like there is a ton of potential, loving it so far.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
nah cuz signups are open through tonight -- presume there will be a bracket or table or something.
Update to the game is out, fixing online play crashes.
They've gotten way worse for me since updating. :/

AstroLad said:
hey kj how do you want us to submit scores and stuff? and it's just one game per round right?

I'm currently in the Frozen Synapse tourney, and they have just been posting the results in the thread. I'm thinking 1 game per round is fine, unless anybody here has better ideas?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
weird, it doesn't seem to be letting my friend invite at the moment. if it works for you drop me an inv any time flunk

edit: nm i fixed it -- had to get my GC friends back down to 80. they really need to fix that

Flunkie

Banned
Great. Pitting me against AstroLad for a play-in is like sending me to die. Looks like I'm going to have trim down to 80 friends now. Ugh.

Darb

Neo Member
Is there a time limit for completing a match? I'm guessing there should be. We may run into some people having work/time zone conflicts (I'm East coast and generally play in the evenings).

Ok I really need some strategy help.

I just lost when I scored 42 of the 60 points.

I had 42/25/67 He had 20/47/67

I have been trying to dump my low cards as was mentioned before but that is burning me as I will then have less cards.

punkypine

jessecuster said:
Ok I really need some strategy help.

I just lost when I scored 42 of the 60 points.

I had 42/25/67 He had 20/47/67

I have been trying to dump my low cards as was mentioned before but that is burning me as I will then have less cards.
the low cards have no points associated with them at the end of the game, so having a low number of cards because you got rid of the 10 originals wont hurt you in that regard

Chorazin

Sorry to anyone I'm in a match with, I went from my iPhone 4 to an EVO 3D, so I can only play at home when I have my iPad. :)

soldat7

Let's see here. Who do I play in the first round...oh cool, galvatron.

BroHuffman said:
I'm putting my money on you. You seem to crush me every time, while with everyone else, it's pretty even

I'm screwed.

Crap...

Berksy [BerkAdam] beat kryptikjoker 78-64. Berksy got a great monster killing engine down and was able to get points on almost every turn. But I almost caught up, grabbing big heros and constructs, but my cards were drawn poorly. Great game!

Top Bottom