• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer |OT| iOS Deck Building

Berksy

kryptikjoker said:
Crap...

Berksy [BerkAdam] beat kryptikjoker 78-64. Berksy got a great monster killing engine down and was able to get points on almost every turn. But I almost caught up, grabbing big heros and constructs, but my cards were drawn poorly. Great game!

Interesting match. Especially the opening rounds. I wasn't sure who won till i saw the score screen. Good game.

Flunkie

Banned
AstroLad said:
flunkie did you get my inv? or you can send me one if not
Yeah I did. Took me until now to finally trim down to 80 friends though. Ready when you are, sorry bout the wait man.

Berksy

jessecuster said:
Great game Berksy, I got really lucky with 2 Frytap Witches.

Aye, you have good game control. I knew i lost when you killed the demon.

Berksy= 43
jessecuster= 65

Was this the correct score? I somewhat dash quit :D

edit: score edited

J0dy77

Wow am I hooked on this game, loving it!!! I read a couple of articles about early round strategy and things began to click.

I'm on a win streak running a engine/banish style. It is hard to see how anything could beat this strategy? Anyone have any counter styles I should try? I'd like to keep the game fresh with different styles.

Flunkie

Banned
How did I know this was gonna happen? Got whooped by Astro. Card-catching doosh. :p Good game, though, Astro.

We should make a losers tourney!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Astrolad=78
pulga=77
(or thereabouts)

[if you knew it was our tourney game; if not i'm happy to replay :p just itchy to get games in heh]

Keasar

Man I really suck at this game. ._.

Lost every round so far by far. Havent really bothered reading any tips or guides so that might be why but still, stings a little to be this horrible.

galvatron

Keasar said:

Lost every round so far by far. Havent really bothered reading any tips or guides so that might be why but still, stings a little to be this horrible.

I haven't read anything on the game aside from this thread. I win most of the time, but I still get rolled as evidenced by the tourney results. It's kind of like poker where you have to really pay attention to figure out if you're bad in general, made a mistake, or just having a bit of bad luck. If someone is beating you try a bit of their strategy in your next match. You'll either win or discover a weakness from the way you lose that one. Also, I don't think anyone here is keeping secrets so if you want to know our opinion, just ask...

vesp

this game is def my new iphone obession, I've been squeezing in online games whenever I can and it is about the ideal bus game.

eznark

Banned
Kosh said:
Darb and eznark, you're holding up our side of the bracket. :p

Sorry, our schedules just do not seem to be matching up. Gonna make a concerted effort to make time this evening.

soldat7

Keasar said:

Just play the AI on easy over and over again, then up it to the next AI level and play several matches. You'll begin to recognize some tactics and little strategies.

AstroLad said:
i hereby declare myself default champion

This ain't Carcassonne!

Huff

Banned
jessecuster said:
Jlateralus, I am not getting any friends show up when I choose Create Game, are you able to start one?

I can't see anything either, the game's online network might be down

Darb

Neo Member
Kosh said:
Darb and eznark, you're holding up our side of the bracket. :p

Your match with Eznark should be happening soon :)

I think Eznark and I are almost done. We just have conflicting availability.

I think their network is down right now - they were having some issues last night and took the servers down, then they brought them back up, and then took them down again. My friends list is currently empty and I'm fiending for a game!

Great Game Octobot!

Awesome Animals 68 - 78 Octobot

I went aggressive, tried to slay as many monsters as I could, but didn't collect many cards. Octobot amassed some high value cards and was able to overtake me that way. It was 35-25 in my favor when the honor ran dry.

octobot

Awesome Animals said:
Great Game Octobot!

Awesome Animals 68 - 78 Octobot

I went aggressive, tried to slay as many monsters as I could, but didn't collect many cards. Octobot amassed some high value cards and was able to overtake me that way. It was 35-25 in my favor when the honor ran dry.
Good game! I am glad we finally got synced up and were able to finish our game. I was real worried early on as you seemed to be massing alot of potential and I wasn't picking up cohesive cards. Was a question who would win right up to the end! Loving the tournament can't wait till the next one

octobot said:
Good game! I am glad we finally got synced up and were able to finish our game. I was real worried early on as you seemed to be massing alot of potential and I wasn't picking up cohesive cards. Was a question who would win right up to the end! Loving the tournament can't wait till the next one

sorry about the syncing issues. I probably played my first three hands twenty times each. It was annoying. I think it is b/c I have the iOS 5 beta 3 installed.

Kosh

Yeah, I thought it was going to be close. I went with a power build, but it seemed like most of the monsters were at the bottom of the deck.

pulga

Banned
AstroLad said:
Astrolad=78
pulga=77
(or thereabouts)

[if you knew it was our tourney game; if not i'm happy to replay :p just itchy to get games in heh]

The hell, it was a tourney game?! Didn't even know the tourney was on! Ahhhh, so close!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
AstroLad: 86
BroHuffman: 77

gg -- intense!

The hell, it was a tourney game?! Didn't even know the tourney was on! Ahhhh, so close!
oh hahah yeah sry -- one of the many suki things about not being able to communicate in-game :p

pulga

Banned
AstroLad said:
AstroLad: 86
BroHuffman: 77

gg -- intense!

oh hahah yeah sry -- one of the many suki things about not being able to communicate in-game :p

In-game conv. and some kind of a ranking or point system is desperately needed in the next update. There needs to be some kind of growth in the game to keep people coming back.

soldat7

pulga said:
In-game conv. and some kind of a ranking or point system is desperately needed in the next update. There needs to be some kind of growth in the game to keep people coming back.

They're working on it, according to a developer blog.

Top Bottom