• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ascension: Immortal Heroes World Cup

tm24

Group Combustion: tm24 67 - jessecuster3 67

jessecuster3 wins due to being second. I hate ties!

tm24

you should change it so winning a tie is 2 pts and losing one is 1pt. OR however it works point wise in hockey

sladeums

Group Arbiter: sladeums 71 - AstroLad 68

not 100% on the score ....
played the match before I saw this thread, but it was around there

Tiebreaker rule in Ascension has never made sense to me.
Theoretical first move advantage. When I played in QT3's leagues, someone tracked results over a month and first mover had (IIRC) about a 2% edge. Strikes me as small enough that we could let ties be ties.

Slacker

Too close for comfort. Great game!

Group Druids: Slacker 72 - Roodiculous 70

Edit: Curse you mercviper. Cuuurrrssseee yooouuuuuuuuu.......

mercviper

Octobot kicking my butt in this game currently.

Couldn't get above 4 triangles for the longest time and Octobot steals all the good 5 cost cards from under me :<

Mercviper - Octobot

60-121

Group Arbiter: sladeums 71 - AstroLad 68

not 100% on the score ....
played the match before I saw this thread, but it was around there
Hi sladeums, I've added you in My friend list.
Not sure if you can see me.
If not I'm creating a non-tournament game, feel free to refuse.

Ok Tm24, if you want to go beyond a tied score, we could go with highest value card, after that.

For the first one, we tie as we both have one with 6, you had Cog Maw, and I had Driller Mark IV.
For the 2nd one, I win with a 5, while your next highest is 3. I know I had Autobuilder 5.0, I think you had multiple cards with 3.

Unless, this doesn't work, either? In which case, propose an actual solution to determining a winner rather than valuing ties.

sladeums

Hi sladeums, I've added you in My friend list.
Not sure if you can see me.
If not I'm creating a non-tournament game, feel free to refuse.

got it

and i tried to set up the tourney match with you but you're not listed on my friends list in Ascension, and when I click on your name in the app and request to add it says 'not found in database' or some such nonsense then crashes.

no idea what is up with that...so you might wanna send me a request for a tourney game as well

got it

and i tried to set up the tourney match with you but you're not listed on my friends list in Ascension, and when I click on your name in the app and request to add it says 'not found in database' or some such nonsense then crashes.

no idea what is up with that...so you might wanna send me a request for a tourney game as well

It should be there.

Slacker

GG eznark. I don't think I acquired a single soul gem the whole game. >__< I'm going to assume it's hard to win if that happens.

eznark

Banned
GG eznark. I don't think I acquired a single soul gem the whole game. >__< I'm going to assume it's hard to win if that happens.

I was on a call while we were playing, did you destroy like all of my constructs at one point?! I had an absolutely dominating start and then all of a sudden I felt like I was hanging on for dear life!

Slacker

I was on a call while we were playing, did you destroy like all of my constructs at one point?! I had an absolutely dominating start and then all of a sudden I felt like I was hanging on for dear life!

Yeah I had some powerful cards and was hoping they could offset the amount of damage you were doing slaying monsters, but it didn't work. :p

tm24

Ok Tm24, if you want to go beyond a tied score, we could go with highest value card, after that.

For the first one, we tie as we both have one with 6, you had Cog Maw, and I had Driller Mark IV.
For the 2nd one, I win with a 5, while your next highest is 3. I know I had Autobuilder 5.0, I think you had multiple cards with 3.

Unless, this doesn't work, either? In which case, propose an actual solution to determining a winner rather than valuing ties.

Hockey rules! You get 3 pts. i get 1!

bonesquad

Hmm, what am I doing wrong. LugNut74 isn't on my list of friends in Ascension (they accepted my GC request yesterday). Heck, people I already have a game going with arn't on my list? Odd. I didn't get any game notifications either. I just saw them all sitting there went I went in and looked today.

Top Bottom