• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ascension: Immortal Heroes World Cup

Group Arbiter
Diesel Pioneer 73 - 68 [Slade]

Just squeaked it. Thought it was going to be close when you nabbed that big construct at the end.

Heel

Group Arbiter
Diesel Pioneer 73 - 68 [Slade]

Just squeaked it. Thought it was going to be close when you nabbed that big construct at the end.

Eh, felt like a blowout when you picked up Akam on like turn 4 or so. After both winning and losing because of that card in the two games I've played, I'm gonna go ahead and say it's evil.

WAU07iol.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Damnit blahness! That last turn was too good.

Group Burrower (I think)

blahness 67 - 64 Smiley

Smiley90

That moment when your beast staff unveils a Weapon303, netting you an easy 8 points. Nicholsonyes.gif

Group Burrower

Smiley90 - 93 - 75 Squirrelkiller

My first win! I'll still get eliminated :lol

EDIT: wait, squirrel was group leader and one of the 2 only undefeated ones? Double-UNF then.

PFD

I just picked up the game and started playing a couple days ago (it's really good!). Is there any chance I could get into the tournament? Or is it too late?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I just picked up the game and started playing a couple days ago (it's really good!). Is there any chance I could get into the tournament? Or is it too late?

Too late since we started (unless someone hasn't played a game yet but I think everyone's in so far) but judging by the level of participation here pretty sure we'll have another one quite soon.

Too late for this one, but keep your eye on the iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread for others.

That moment when your beast staff unveils a Weapon303, netting you an easy 8 points. Nicholsonyes.gif

Group Burrower

Smiley90 - 93 - 75 Squirrelkiller

My first win! I'll still get eliminated :lol

EDIT: wait, squirrel was group leader and one of the 2 only undefeated ones? Double-UNF then.
GG! I knew by about turn 3 that I was making some horrible choices and was straight up going just for deck honor by about turn 8.

Smiley90

Group Burrower:

Smiley90 67 - 64 Li Kao

4GP, 6 points now, same as Brakara. And we're playing each other right now. SHOWDOWN

Group Burrower

Got the Shakes 85 - Li Kao 80

Pulled that game out of my ass on the last turn. I think that was my last group game, but I'm not 100% sure.

Li Kao

Group Burrower

Got the Shakes 85 - Li Kao 80

Pulled that game out of my ass on the last turn. I think that was my last group game, but I'm not 100% sure.

Yup GG, you absolutely rolled over me in the last turn, it was like a nightmare but in slow-mo. It would have been my only victory, sad panda.

bonesquad

Wow. As soon as I finish beating tm24
cough
I'll be the only one who went undefeated. Nice. Thankfully other games I may or may not have going don't count towards this.

Smiley90

Group Burrower: Brakara 84 - Smiley90 70

Phew.

Gg! You had some made draws and I never got to banish my bad cards. Oh well.

So I guess now somebody has to calculate the tiebreaker between blahness and me?

Code:
Group Arbiter            GP  W  D  L  Pts    Potential Max
Heel/[Slade]              4  3  0  1    9               12
AstroLad                  5  3  0  2    9                -
Diesel Pioneer / superrob 5  3  0  2    9                -
gavatron/docwily          4  2  0  2    6                9
sladeums                  5  2  0  3    6                -
soldat7                   3  0  0  3    0                6

Group Burrower           GP  W  D  L  Pts
Squirrel_Killer           5  4  0  1   12
Got the Shakes            5  4  0  1   12
Brakara                   5  3  0  2    9
Smiley90                  5  2  0  3    6
blahness                  5  2  0  3    6
Li Kao                    5  0  0  5    0

Group Combustion         GP  W  D  L  Pts
tm24                      5  4  0  1   12
bonesquad/justjeff        5  4  0  1   12
jessecuster3              5  3  0  2    9
LugNut74                  5  2  0  3    6
RaySpencer                5  2  0  3    6
Z3R05UM / Gatekeeper      5  0  0  5    0

Group Druids             GP  W  D  L  Pts
Octobot                   5  4  0  1   12
Mercviper                 5  4  0  1   12
eznark                    5  3  0  2    9
Roodiculous               4  2  0  3    6
slacker                   5  2  0  3    6
_LOLduke_/DukeSucks       5  0  0  5    0

This will probably be my last update for the weekend since I'll be in the middle of Iowa for a family reunion til sometime on Sunday. I'll be able to check in, but I won't have my spreadsheet to update.

Slacker

LOL galvatron/doc wily I hope you could hear me scream through the iPad when I accidentally trashed the one-soul-gem-per-turn construct. Picture a guy looking at his iPad, saying "wait, what did I just do? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" then a quick cut to startled birds flying off the corner of my office building. >___<

tm24

Group COmbustion: tm24 92 - justjeff/bonesqaud 69

Ugh, one point kept me from going perfect in my round.

bonesquad

Group COmbustion: tm24 92 - justjeff/bonesqaud 69

Ugh, one point kept me from going perfect in my round.

I was one game away from going perfect too, but no. I had to pull a slacker and banished a card I didn't mean to...
ok fine, that's not why I got my ass kicked:)

bonesquad

I almost felt better for a second. :p

Well, if it helps I did in fact banish a card I didn't mean to. Afterwards thinking, huh, so that's why all the cards were in purple...dammit. Just if I hadn't done that instead of losing by 23 maybe I would have lost by 18.

pretty sure that's all my matches
I'm missing the sladeums vs gavatron/docwily result.

Actually, let me just list all the games I don't have results for:
Code:
Group Arbiter
sladeums           gavatron/docwily
Heel/[Slade]       soldat7
gavatron/docwily   soldat7

Group Druids
eznark             Roodiculous

Group Burrower
None

Group Combustion
None

And the table in post 176 is up to date as of this post. We haven't really talked about tiebreakers, but in the two group that have finished so far, it's not an issue.

Heel

My two cents:

1st place in each pool = top 4 seeds in tournament, seeded by best record, then total points scored in pools for tiebreaker.

Do the same for second place in pools to establish 5-8 seeds, and whatever this third place idea is.

Tiebreaker for top seed in pools = whoever won in their vs. match

Heel

Or better yet, just give the pool winners a first round bye and establish seeds for 2nd and 3rd place from the pools as detailed above.

eznark

Banned
I'm missing the sladeums vs gavatron/docwily result.

Actually, let me just list all the games I don't have results for:
Code:
Group Arbiter
sladeums           gavatron/docwily

Group Druids
eznark             Roodiculous

Group Burrower
None

Group Combustion
None

And the table in post 176 is up to date as of this post. We haven't really talked about tiebreakers, but in the two group that have finished so far, it's not an issue.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=68045246&postcount=137

afaik I lost those ... didn't commit scores to memory tho
So gavatron should have reported that score? I'll search under his post history for the score, but until then I have the overall table updated as a win for him and loss for you. Thanks.

Duh. Don't know how I missed that. Thanks.

And with that, we're just waiting on Group Arbiter:
Code:

Heel

Getting a match with soldat7 has been like locating an M.I.A. soldier in Vietnam, but it is now "started" I think.

Brakara

Getting a match with soldat7 has been like locating an M.I.A. soldier in Vietnam, but it is now "started" I think.

Shouldn't it have been started by Friday?

If someone has not invited you who should, or has not accepted your invite by midnight on Friday please post and I will remove them from your group.

Top Bottom