• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ascension: Immortal Heroes World Cup

Never!

Every loss is lesson. I think we all are learning the cards as we go.

Sure that part is fine, but trying to sqeeze out a point is silly :p.

And for the record for people suggesting using hockey style point system, hockey is 2 for the win all the time, either in regulation, OT or shoot out and points for losses are 0 in regulation, and 1 in OT and shoot out.

If you switch to anything, you should go to 3 for full out win, 2 for a tie win and 1 for a tie loss.

But don't, losses are losses wins are wins!

Arbiter
Sladeums 53 - 81 superrobot / Diesel Pioneer

GG!
At least not a complete whitewash in this group for me :)
Bedtime for me.

Group Combustion:

RaySpencer - 67
LugNut74 - 59

Good game.

Oh shit, spoilers! I hadn't loaded the game yet. Haha.

Anyway here's a picture since I took pictures of the other ones too.

WvHXwYG.jpg

Code:
Group Burrower	GP  W  D  L  Pts     Potential Max
blahness         4  1  0  3    3                 6
Got the Shakes   2  1  0  1    3                12
Smiley90         0  0  0  0    0                15
Brakara          3  2  0  1    6                12
Li Kao           2  0  0  2    0                 9
Squirrel_Killer  3  3  0  0    9                15

Code:
Group Arbiter            GP  W  D  L  Pts    Potential Max
Heel/[Slade]              4  3  0  1    9               12
AstroLad                  5  3  0  2    9                -
Diesel Pioneer / superrob 5  3  0  2    9                -
sladeums                  4  2  0  2    6                9
gavatron/docwily          3  1  0  2    3                9
soldat7                   3  0  0  3    0                6

Group Burrower           GP  W  D  L  Pts
Squirrel_Killer           5  4  0  1   12
Got the Shakes            5  4  0  1   12
Brakara                   5  3  0  2    9
Smiley90                  5  2  0  3    6
blahness                  5  2  0  3    6
Li Kao                    5  0  0  5    0

Group Combustion         GP  W  D  L  Pts
tm24                      5  4  0  1   12
bonesquad/justjeff        5  4  0  1   12
jessecuster3              5  3  0  2    9
LugNut74                  5  2  0  3    6
RaySpencer                5  2  0  3    6
Z3R05UM / Gatekeeper      5  0  0  5    0

Group Druids             GP  W  D  L  Pts    Potential Max
Octobot                   5  4  0  1   12                -
Mercviper                 5  4  0  1   12                -
eznark                    4  2  0  2    6                9
Roodiculous               4  2  0  2    6                9
slacker                   4  1  0  3    3                6
_LOLduke_/DukeSucks       4  0  0  4    0                3

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Whoops, sorry guys. It was my birthday this weekend, I was a biiiit busy. And I honestly didn't see this thread/forgot to subscribe. Could've just sent me a PM to remind me :p I'll.. figure out what I have to do now. :p

Whoops, sorry guys. It was my birthday this weekend, I was a biiiit busy. And I honestly didn't see this thread/forgot to subscribe. Could've just sent me a PM to remind me :p I'll.. figure out what I have to do now. :p

I know you have an invite from me so you just need to accept it. :)

Smiley90

I don't see Brakara in Ascension, even though he accepted my friend request... odd.

Well shit!! Guess I'm out now! Haha

Good game bonesquad

Justjeff 70 - Ray 55

SxXRPIU.jpg

I went 2-3 which isn't gonna be good enough haha. My picture uploading isn't working I will edit it in when I get it to work.

Edit:
I'm having the same problem. I sent an email to Playdek, otherwise I may need everyone to send me game requests instead.

Try loggin in to another playdek game. That seemed to fix the issue in Agricola.

Smiley90

Well shit!! Guess I'm out now! Haha

Good game bonesquad

Justjeff 70 - Ray 55

I went 2-3 which isn't gonna be good enough haha. My picture uploading isn't working I will edit it in when I get it to work.

Edit:

Try loggin in to another playdek game. That seemed to fix the issue in Agricola.

I can see everyone else. Just not Brakara.

Brakara

Yeah, no email needed just type in Brakara in the user name field. It should work.

Yeah, that's what I did with the others (below me) in my group. The person (trying to add) is put instantly in your friends list, and you can invite him to a game.

bonesquad

I guess I'm late to the party, but I didn't realize that Playdek no longer uses your GC friends list. You have to manually add everyone separately now. Not sure I like that change... In any case, sent out my remaining game request.

I do like how in this thread there's now a giant screenshot of me winning a game:)

I guess I'm late to the party, but I didn't realize that Playdek no longer uses your GC friends list. You have to manually add everyone separately now. Not sure I like that change... In any case, sent out my remaining game request.

I do like how in this thread there's now a giant screenshot of me winning a game:)

It still does use your GC, I think you just need to log into another PlayDek game to get it to sync right.

bonesquad

It still does use your GC, I think you just need to log into another PlayDek game to get it to sync right.

I think people were confused (like me) because Playdek tried to populate your starting list based on what you had previously, but going forward that isn't the case. This is the email I got from Playdek:

support@playdekgames said:
With the move to using our own accounts in this update, we no longer use Game Center for any portion of online play (Game Center is still used for achievements).

You can add your friends to your friend list by entering their username or email address after tapping on the Invite Friend button in the bottom right corner of the Friend List screen. Or you can tap on any player's avatar in the View Game or Pause Menu and you will be asked if you want to add that player as a friend. We did attempt to prepopulate your friends list from your Game Center list if you logged in to Ascension in the weeks before the update was released, but we're no longer able to capture that information.

Hmmm, weird. Yeah, I havent really added anyone new and when I did it was 2 people that I just added in game first anyway, haha.

Its a weird change to make, but doesnt really bother me.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Group Arbiter: AstroLad 76 - soldat7 42

Believe that rounds it out for my group games -- keep the good cards coming my way! :p

Smiley90

So why does squirrel's spreadsheet involve draws/ties, when we're not doing them anyway? (Because if we were, jesse would have a tie in there?)

I vote 3 for win, 2 for tie-win, 1 for tie-loss, 0 for loss.

Group tiebreakers by

A) total points
B) number of non-tie wins
C) points gained in games against tied group members (aka direct duel winner if only 2 are tied)
D) +- point difference of all games

?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I was actually thinking of treating ties as W-L since that's what I originally said. (Well originally originally I forgot there were no ties, but amended that before any games started once reminded). I think point differential should be the tiebreaker though.

Smiley90

I was actually thinking of treating ties as W-L since that's what I originally said. (Well originally originally I forgot there were no ties, but amended that before any games started once reminded). I think point differential should be the tiebreaker though.

Well if we're not doing ties, it obviously changes. Although I still think if we're modelling our scoring after sports, that wins should be counted as a tiebreaker above ties. Sports-style would be:

A) Points
B) Wins
C) Point Differential
D) Come on that's not gonna happen

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I think total points is too wonky as it really depends on the card draw, whereas you're much more in control of differential.

Top Bottom