• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag |OT| Not Based on a DisneyLand Ride

OT but how do you check the Free Fall map thing for Cod? I never saw it download or anything.
Just have to look for it in game. (Try squads offline to see if it's there.)

If it's not try deleting the game install, popping the disc out, popping it back in, and then going to the download list on the web store and redownload it/send it to your PS4 after the game starts reinstalling.

FluxWaveZ

Just got the "Access Fleet" option. Thought they disabled the Uplay Passport requirement after that whole debacle, but I guess not since it's still prompting me to activate it without letting me do anything else.

CronoShot

So I tried to activate my Uplay passport thing on my PS4. Downloaded it, and the game is still asking me to download it, like it doesn't see it.

So I deleted the game and the passport, have reinstalled the game, and I'm just now realizing there's no place on the PS4 to redownload the passport. I can look at it in the store, and it recognizes that I own it, but there's no option to redownload or anything.

Halp.

No, they show up whenever you have fewer than your maximum number of pirates.
OK thanks.

So I tried to activate my Uplay passport thing on my PS4. Downloaded it, and the game is still asking me to download it, like it doesn't see it.

So I deleted the game and the passport, have reinstalled the game, and I'm just now realizing there's no place on the PS4 to redownload the passport. I can look at it in the store, and it recognizes that I own it, but there's no option to redownload or anything.

Halp.
Redownload it using the web store?

Jedi2016

Are all the animals you harpoon the same size? I killed a hammerhead shark that was maybe eight or ten feet long in the water, but it suddenly grew to whale size when it was time to haul it up onto the ship. I think they're all the same size in that little cutscene, aren't they?

aro52

Anyone have issues with Trophies not popping on PS4??

I'm in the middle of Sequence 4, and never got a Trophy for finishing Sequence 3, or the
modern day mission
after it.

MilkBeard

Damn, I guess there's no way to get PS4 game patches other than the PSN store through the console. I was hoping to be able to download to a USB and do it that way because I don't have internet hooked up at my home yet.

george_us

As goofy as the real world stuff is in AC4, I find it approximately 53.985 times interesting than the real world stuff in previous AC games. I actually look forward to going back in the real world between memories.

ReaperXL7

So whats the biggest animal that you guys have caught? So far for me its a humpback whale, im kind of surprised at how much im enjoying the whaling/shark hunting. Its not very deep mind you, but it adds a nice touch to the pirate life.

Im guessing Blue Whales are probably the biggest whales you can hunt?

abrack08

Anyone have trouble with the All Aboard trophy? I've got probably 15 or so hours on my save file and I'm only about 1/3 of the way through the story, so I've done tons of random side missions, boarded tons of ships without losing any crew, but it never pops. I haven't seen anyone else complain about this either, google brings me nothing.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Still can't upload screenshots for this on Steam, because it says the app is not public yet. No idea what the deal is.

The "real world" stuff threw me for a loop since I've never played AC before. Really weird.

SJRB

Gold Member
As goofy as the real world stuff is in AC4, I find it approximately 53.985 times interesting than the real world stuff in previous AC games. I actually look forward to going back in the real world between memories.

I loved the real world stuff in Brotherhood, going back to current-day Monteriggioni was really cool. It also had a great sense of mystery with all the hidden messages and stuff, like there was something amazing going to happen.

...little did I know that "amazing happening" was nothing but a punch in the face and a kick in the groin while I was already down.

interesting, you don't actually kill people when you melee unless you finish them off on the ground.

melee + counter disarm is still the way to go in this. I think i've turned around on dual swords though, as soon as you get a decent speed one, its a lot more fun to use.

Damn, playing this game makes me want to go through the other good ones... Hopefully they get remastered for PS4!

Me too. It's making me miss Ezio. I got the Ezio costume through UPlay, and I was wearing it for a few minutes, but it just didn't feel right. I'd buy an AC2 "HD collection" or whatever.

The Ezio trilogy is still fantastic. I keep wanting to go back to AC2, think I'll pick it up on the cheap during the next Steam sale.

As for AC4, I just got the Assassination bug where one of the targets disappears and the quest marker remains on your screen for all eternity. It's annoying.

I see that I unlocked the AC1, ACB and AC3 outfits. Why doesn't the AC2 or ACR outfits ever get any love?

I especially think the ACR outfit would look good for this setting...
assassins-creed-revelations-screenshot-on-a-boat.jpg

JoeM86

Just got the AC4 for Wii U as it's out in Europe

Day one update of 1GB. Crikey that's crazy.

I won't unlock the old outfits though because I seemingly have two uPlay accounts on the same e-mail address and when I logged in on the Wii U, it was a different one to my 360. Ah well

I'm actually really into it, oddly enough. It combines the cool puzzle stuff from past games with an interesting take on adventure gaming. For me, that is a great recipe. Some people hate that stuff, but I really think it's an interesting approach on the modern world gameplay. Would love to see it expanded; really going all-out with the Adventure gameplay in the modern world.

I am just a huge fucking sucker for this series. Best pirate game I've ever played; and I will never fault them for looking at interesting time periods that don't seem to get much coverage in games. I do agree there needs to be some updates to the gameplay, especially free-running. It feels clunkier than ever, like it's more "snap to" object than before. But you know, I think the teams try to refine it with each game and I respect that.

graywolf323

do I miss out on anything if I say screw it and start up the game on PS4 even though the Ubisoft server still refuses to be available?

wait when do you do real world stuff? I'm only in sequence 3, do they prompt you about stuff to do?

You'll be thrown back out a few times during the narrative to play some quick story sections in the present day, but you can always choose Exit Animus from the Quit menu to leave and explore the present day (and find lore stuff).

PowderedToast

Just got the AC4 for Wii U as it's out in Europe

Day one update of 1GB. Crikey that's crazy.

I won't unlock the old outfits though because I seemingly have two uPlay accounts on the same e-mail address and when I logged in on the Wii U, it was a different one to my 360. Ah well

i'd love to hear some impressions of how it runs, there aren't many PS360 to Wii U comparisons out there.

Roto13

Can anyone comment on the feasibility of getting a platinum in this game? Where are the biggest challenges? I'd like to try to do it.

The biggest challenge is probably doing all of the optional objectives in the story missions. I have most of the rest of the trophies but I can't be bothered to do that one or the multiplayer ones. One of the multiplayer trophies is to get to level 55 and I don't know how hard or time consuming that is.

Doombear

Just got this for the ps4. Does the 1080p patch automatically install or do I have to install it manually????

Should show up in your Notifications in downloads. You may have to click it to install it. I just grabbed the digital copy myself and I believe that was what happened. It grabbed all the preorder DLs (had originally ordered it as part of the B2G1 Amazon deal, but UPS effed me) and the update.

tbhysgb

this game is proof that you don't know what you get from ubisoft. I'm playing the PC version, and while it has some issues and feels rushed. I have to admit, it's alot of fun. AC3 bored me to tears early on and I got partway through boston at first and I was like zzzzzz.
And it runs and looks like ass on ps3.

The biggest challenge is probably doing all of the optional objectives in the story missions. I have most of the rest of the trophies but I can't be bothered to do that one or the multiplayer ones. One of the multiplayer trophies is to get to level 55 and I don't know how hard or time consuming that is.

Whoa. You have to do ALL optional objectives in the game, basically?

uuuuuuugh why is there no FOV slider or something for the first person present day stuff. all the roaming arounds looking at every nook and cranny for notes is making me so nauseous

So how's the framerate on the PS4? Received my copy earlier today, but still gotta wait till next week.

It's great. No complaints at all. You're going to love this game, it's a real return to form. I can't wait to play again tonight. This is the first AC game in a long time that I really want to do everything and I don't want it to end.

JoeM86

i'd love to hear some impressions of how it runs, there aren't many PS360 to Wii U comparisons out there.

It looks beautiful, much higher quality than AC3 was on the 360.

However, the first half hour (on the first island) had some ridiculous screen tearing issues, but once I got to Havana, that went away.

mileS

uuuuuuugh why is there no FOV slider or something for the first person present day stuff. all the roaming arounds looking at every nook and cranny for notes is making me so nauseous

same here. and its funny because this usually never happens to me. I still rather change the FoV, but some games I can put up with it (skyrim for example, until I learned how to fix it, which was a week or two in) I can only roam around the present day stuff for about 5min before I feel ill.

mcfrank

It's great. No complaints at all. You're going to love this game, it's a real return to form. I can't wait to play again tonight. This is the first AC game in a long time that I really want to do everything and I don't want it to end.

I second all of this. Best in the series IMO.

this game is proof that you don't know what you get from ubisoft. I'm playing the PC version, and while it has some issues and feels rushed. I have to admit, it's alot of fun. AC3 bored me to tears early on and I got partway through boston at first and I was like zzzzzz.

Indeed. Though AC4 has some flaws, I'm having a ton of fun with it. And I guess that's all that matters. I love the setting too. It's a gorgeous game.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Finally this is available in Europe for Wii U. Checking Uplay there is a real pirate costume that can be unlocked with points. That's very cool, I hate the idea of a pirate dressed like an eccentric renaissance noble. Now I have just to wait for the download to finish.

same here. and its funny because this usually never happens to me. I still rather change the FoV, but some games I can put up with it (skyrim for example, until I learned how to fix it, which was a week or two in) I can only roam around the present day stuff for about 5min before I feel ill.

it sucks cause i'm one of the few people who actually get super excited for the present-day stuff in these games and I can't even enjoy it. sigh.

Poetaster

Banned
Anyone have issues with Trophies not popping on PS4??

I'm in the middle of Sequence 4, and never got a Trophy for finishing Sequence 3, or the
modern day mission
after it.

I am. I'm on 4 and missing the trophy for 2. I think I had this issue with Assassins Creed 2 on PS3 as well.

graywolf323

do I miss out on anything if I say screw it and start up the game on PS4 even though the Ubisoft server still refuses to be available?

reposting this for the new page

I've already beaten Knack and Killzone so ACIV is next on my to play list

Top Bottom