• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag |OT| Not Based on a DisneyLand Ride

Oh, man I thought the fleet missions where real time while you play the game. I didn't know they "continue" while the console is off.

Thank god.

Dysun

Ending
Ending was very satisfying, not sure where the critique that it felt rushed came from. Seems like everything was dealt with for Edward and it reminded me of RDR seeing his life tore down all over. The final scene at his base where he imagines his former friends alive and drinking was actually quite touching. I thought Edward would get killed in that final theater scene with Haytham and his daughter but I'm glad that takes place elsewhere and we get to avoid seeing him shanked.

Adewale, James Kidd, Blackbeard, and Vane were all pretty memorable. I enjoyed the marooned level a great deal. The observatory was the typical final AC level stuff with terrible platforming. Definitely rivals AC2/ACB as my favorite AC game, the sailing was great as I expected coming off 3 and the freedom from the get-go was much appreciated. Seems like they learned some valuable lessons from Connor, now if only they would get away from eavesdropping/stealth missions and the terrible final platforming in a First Civilization construct thing we'd be hitting all the right notes.

Although I guess the present day stuff did feel a bit rushed with the sage randomly injecting you with something and getting shot because it's "still not time" to be with Juno.

RedAssedApe

Banned
How do you download the free play passport on PS4? I don't see it on the webstore. Is it on PSN or does it happen when you boot up the game?

should be in the store but if if you can't find it when you boot up and it tells you to login to uplay, just select the option that says you need a pass and it should take you to the store to download

Ashtar

I like this way with a map on the tablet. Kind of wish there was a map app on an e-reader for that paper feel.
wee-bey-gif.gif

Thats a great idea, I need to charge up my touchpad
Edit: not compatible with my tablet... guess I need to steal my gf's ipad
Anyone play the multiplayer? I was bored and started playing wolf pack and it's pretty fun I must say

should be in the store but if if you can't find it when you boot up and it tells you to login to uplay, just select the option that says you need a pass and it should take you to the store to download

Alright, cool. My friend is letting me borrow the game today so I just wanted to make sure it was free with PS4.

Ashtar

I finished the game and have no idea what the ties to WD are supposed to be.
I haven't beaten the game yet but spoilers anyway
There's an email from the company that made ctOS talking about why Abstergo should use them that's about half way through the game I believe

Carbonox

Was bricking it wondering why the Serranilla naval contract wouldn't show up but apparently it's the final one that doesn't appear until the rest are beaten. Stupid way of doing it as everyone who's encountered this issue thought the game was glitched, including myself.

Bebpo

Banned
Was bricking it wondering why the Serranilla naval contract wouldn't show up but apparently it's the final one that doesn't appear until the rest are beaten. Stupid way of doing it as everyone who's encountered this issue thought the game was glitched, including myself.

I just got to the fleet missions that need 80+ cargo space (and my Man o' Wars only hold 70), am I close to completing all the missions?

Kvik

I just got to the fleet missions that need 80+ cargo space (and my Man o' Wars only hold 70), am I close to completing all the missions?

Keep raiding & boarding Level 60 Man o'Wars, some of them had 85+ cargo space.
(they also can shred you apart like used toilet paper with their mortars)

Lo_Fi

Going into sequence 05, it tells me to updgrade the jackdaw before starting the mission, but it doesn't give specifics. I'm upgrading random things in hoping to get it, but does anyone know what levels you need each piece of your ship to be at before doing this mission?

Ser Goje

Going into sequence 05, it tells me to updgrade the jackdaw before starting the mission, but it doesn't give specifics. I'm upgrading random things in hoping to get it, but does anyone know what levels you need each piece of your ship to be at before doing this mission?

I think it's the whole upgrade percentage of the ship. You can see it on the pause menu. I finished the whole game on %53, didn't really listen to those warnings.

Nerix

Legendary Ships / Warships: are they a problem with a fully upgraded Jackdaw?

Right now my upgrade percentage is like 60-70% and I get torn to shreds...

RedAssedApe

Banned
ugh...some of these audio recordings and text are so freaking long. i think i just sat through subject 0 audio tape and it was like 10 minutes long of nothing.

i've done about 20/30 some hacks. is the rest of hacking content even worth unlocking? i've finished the game but don't plan on 100%-ing it.

Hasney

Legendary Ships / Warships: are they a problem with a fully upgraded Jackdaw?

Right now my upgrade percentage is like 60-70% and I get torn to shreds...

I'm one hull, broadside cannon and heavy shot off elite and I managed to take one down. Not sure if they're all the same, but the one I took down in the south-east corner of the map had a gap in it's broadside cannons right in the middle. Those heavy shots rip you apart, so I had to manoeuvre my ship to be inbetween them. It was hard, but doable.

Carbonox

I'm one hull, broadside cannon and heavy shot off elite and I managed to take one down. Not sure if they're all the same, but the one I took down in the south-east corner of the map had a gap in it's broadside cannons right in the middle. Those heavy shots rip you apart, so I had to manoeuvre my ship to be inbetween them. It was hard, but doable.

They're not. I won't say anymore though but I've participated in two legendary battles - winning both - and both fights were very different.

SJRB

Gold Member

Yeah those messages are nonsense. I got them even after I upgraded to Elite hull and stuff, they're just scripted messages and don't take your actual upgrades into account.

Hasney

Yeah those messages are nonsense. I got them even after I upgraded to Elite hull and stuff, they're just scripted messages and don't take your actual upgrades into account.

Yeah, thinking they're reminders to say make sure you've upgraded SOMETHING before getting into this mission.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Finished this today and I must say that I enjoyed some of it. I hated the sailing, I couldn't enjoy it, and it was a huge part of the game. And the setting sucks compared to every AC game, even 3. I couldn't care less about pirates.
The present day stuff was just plain bad. You're just playing as a voiceless faceless guy.

This series needs some serious overhauling to feel fresh again, gameplay, animations, everything. And they need to find new (or go back to) and impressive settings/eras that made this series great in the first place. If they're not willing to do that next year, I might just skip it.

Hasney

If they continue with this pirate thingy, I might actually get it day 1 instead of waiting for a price drop like I did every other AC, unless it goes online like the rumours are stating. Sales are now balanced for Ubi, anyone want to break the tie? Clearly that one extra sale more/less will make Ubi make a decision.

Carbonox

The lower-left Legendary Ship fight is some bullshit but the top left is awful - having trouble with this and it's the only one left to do.

Guys where do I find man of wars?

Also, do they have bigger cargo space for the fleet missions? My ships only have a max of 40 right now and I need some with 70+.

Do I need to look in the "hard" areas of the map?

Edit: One more question, where do I find Elite plans? As in, are they marked on my map? I'm trying to get 100% of everything, so will I notice them doing this? Or are they "hidden"? I know there are guides that give coordinates, but I'd rather not use them if they are marked on the map.

Hasney

Guys where do I find man of wars?

Also, do they have bigger cargo space for the fleet missions? My ships only have a max of 40 right now and I need some with 70+.

Do I need to look in the "hard" areas of the map?

Edit: One more question, where do I find Elite plans? As in, are they marked on my map? I'm trying to get 100% of everything, so will I notice them doing this? Or are they "hidden"? I know there are guides that give coordinates, but I'd rather not use them if they are marked on the map.

Down south for the Man O Wars is your best bet I found. Found them in pairs around the south west, so if you're nicely upgraded, head down there.

Elite plans are in the diving areas and treasure maps. If you can get a plan from a treasure map, it will tell you when you look at it.

Finished the main campaign a few days ago, really enjoyed it and I would look forward to more adventures with Edward if Ubisoft decided to go that route. Also the game on PS4 is stunning, at a quick glance some may pass it off as more of the same but when you look at the details, and the water/lighting its so damn good in comparison to last gen consoles.

One thing I want to mention, I assume it has been brought up before *Possible future game spoiler*
From hacking one of Abstergo’s computers you find an email that talks about possible future game settings and I noticed one of the test images used was of the footage leaked a while back, with the black character standing in front of a pyramid. Do people think its pretty safe to assume that will be the next setting then?

Ser Goje

Just got my first legendary ship down. Man those things are enormous.

Yeah, thinking they're reminders to say make sure you've upgraded SOMETHING before getting into this mission.

lol I thought I was very good at sailing.

Hasney

Are there microtransactions in the single player?

There's some timesavers if you don't want to grind resources and take out the ships, but I find the "grind" so fun that I wouldn't even think of jumping on for that even if I was down with the microtransaction trade.

Most upgrades can be gotten with a maximum of 5 ships worth of resources if you get the Man O Wars.

Is there like an online pass code or any other one time use codes included in the PS4 version? I'm going to buy used, but want to make sure the online pass thing hasn't been used if its supposed to come with one.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Is there like an online pass code or any other one time use codes included in the PS4 version? I'm going to buy used, but want to make sure the online pass thing hasn't been used if its supposed to come with one.
Yes there is. Uplay pass. But if I'm not mistaken they ditched it and you can just download it for free from the store.

Carbonox

Finally got every fragment and treasure chest on the map (that falls under 'uncharted').

Now to finish off the treasure chest maps...

Guys I'm having issues with the edwards fleet minigame. I can't access it because it tells me I need a uplay passport, but when I try to redeem my code it tells me it's invalid.

When I tried researching for a fix I found out Ubisoft got rid of the uplay Passport and the edwards fleet side missions should be available to everybody.

Any help on how i can get it to work.

So I figured out my problem but I still need help in correcting it and Ubisoft support has been abysmal in helping.

The reason it's not working is because the game and code are US region and my account and PS4 are Aus/pal region. I made a US account and the code worked but there is no way to activate it on my main account. Even If I try to buy a new Uplay passport it tells me this content is not available in the Aus store.

So is there anyway around this issue that doesn't involve me restarting all my progress and playing in my US account?

Hasney

That's odd. I got the US digital version and I'm playing fine on my UK account.

If you go to the PS Store and click on the full version of AC4 there's an option for a network pass. Is that coming up as free to you as it is to me? May need to download it with the US account/

That's odd. I got the US digital version and I'm playing fine on my UK account.

If you go to the PS Store and click on the full version of AC4 there's an option for a network pass. Is that coming up as free to you as it is to me? May need to download it with the US account/

There is no network pass option in the pal store. I activated the uplay passport and downloaded the pass from the US store but there is no option for my main account.

Carbonox

Did you enjoy the reward for getting all the fragments?

I haven't beaten the game so I haven't got every fragment in the entire game yet.

I presume it's a shit reward? :lol

I got me the golden guns and pistol swords though (whatever they do, I've yet to use them) which look swag.

Carbonox

dat feel when you have all but two treasure maps....

Fortunately I was able to identify the two I've missed as Fleet-related prizes which I know I didn't get.

Some of the treasures are utter bullshit to find. :lol

Edit: Fuck you Ubi-Soft for your addictive companion app. D:

pizza dog

Banned
One thing I want to mention, I assume it has been brought up before *Possible future game spoiler*
From hacking one of Abstergo’s computers you find an email that talks about possible future game settings and I noticed one of the test images used was of the footage leaked a while back, with the black character standing in front of a pyramid. Do people think its pretty safe to assume that will be the next setting then?

There are a ton of possibilities mentioned in the Abstergo zone, including a bunch of what seem like promises to avoid any setting that would allow cars, which like, yeah I hope so.

I think the smart money's on
China
though. Actually there's some scene about Old Man Ezio training/adopting/something a
Chinese
woman. It looked like it'd be taken from some tie-in movie or something they did? Revelations is the only one I've never played, so unless that bit was in there...

Dysun

There are a ton of possibilities mentioned in the Abstergo zone, including a bunch of what seem like promises to avoid any setting that would allow cars, which like, yeah I hope so.

I think the smart money's on
China
though. Actually there's some scene about Old Man Ezio training/adopting/something a
Chinese
woman. It looked like it'd be taken from some tie-in movie or something they did? Revelations is the only one I've never played, so unless that bit was in there...

That was from the short mini film Assassin's Creed Embers, which deals with Ezio's final days

BadHand

I'm trying out MP for the first time - it will d/c constantly, matching to a game mode is near impossible and when you do it crashes or kicks you out. I'm on a wired connection and my internet seems stable.

Is this the same for anyone else?

Klocker

I'm trying out MP for the first time - it will d/c constantly, matching to a game mode is near impossible and when you do it crashes or kicks you out. I'm on a wired connection and my internet seems stable.

Is this the same for anyone else?

check up top left corner there is an icon for NAT. It represents your router and it should be green.

if yellow, issues, or red and no games at all probably

BadHand

check up top left corner there is an icon for NAT. It represents your router and it should be green.

if yellow, issues, or red and no games at all probably

Thanks for the tip.

I'm pretty sure it has always been yellow. However, I tried turning on my ps4 to test it but it kept freezing before the MP loaded. I restarted my PS4 and my Router and was able to log in no problem, the NAT symbol is green now. Hopefully that fixes the issues.

I just checked my router out and UPnP is enabled, my firewall is set to NAT only but I just read online that my ISP blocks external connections to several ports including 80 and 443. Not really sure if this would be causing problems in MP though (as it indicated only people running servers are affected).

Top Bottom