• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

kiun

YuriLowell said:
Does the Audio Crack Horribly on the PS3?

Its so bad on the 360 its almost unplayable.

Its really ruining my enjoyment of it.

Is Ubisoft aware of this ? I heard AC2 has the same issue, did they fix that via a patch ?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I love (LOVE) the multiplayer, but the matchmaking is essentially broken. I was hoping to get in a couple matches before the Denver/San Diego game started and I got in 1 match in an hour. The rest of the time I was sitting watching the screen and having the woman tell me that they're looking for Abstergo agents.

Has anyone seen them address this? I was looking on the forums and all I could see is that there's important server maintenance tomorrow.

conman

NullPointer said:
Along these lines I'm hoping that AC3 will finally allow us to play without any HUD elements.
I definitely was a big proponent of playing without any HUD elements in AC1, but in ACB (and to a lesser extent AC2) you need most of those HUD elements for a variety of reasons. I think Ubi Montreal left the HUD-less approach behind. Too bad. It was a really rewarding (and challenging) way to play AC1.

Irish said:
The assassination aspect of the series was fully realized in the first game even though everything else may not have been completely together. The introduction of the targets and the buildup to each has yet to be matched.
Even though it took a while, ACB has recaptured that feeling pretty well. But there's something to be said for the regularity and predictability in the structure of AC1. Gave AC1 an old-school level structure rather than a more "organic" GTA-style structure. But I think ACB is a great compromise between the regimented structure of AC1 and the too-open structure of AC2.

And you're right about the "experience" of AC1. Even if ACB is the better game, it just doesn't have the same magic.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Irish said:
It was more like Ezio had a personal vendetta against them. Ezio just doesn't feel like an Assassin in the "faction" sense.

I don't know why, but I feel so disconnected from the story in the last two games.
It doesn't feel like he's fighting Templars like Altair was, it feels like he's fighting the Borgia who killed his family. The Templar vs Assassin thing is kinda downplayed in 2 and BH.

GcRayden

RiccochetJ said:
I love (LOVE) the multiplayer, but the matchmaking is essentially broken. I was hoping to get in a couple matches before the Denver/San Diego game started and I got in 1 match in an hour. The rest of the time I was sitting watching the screen and having the woman tell me that they're looking for Abstergo agents.

Has anyone seen them address this? I was looking on the forums and all I could see is that there's important server maintenance tomorrow.

I had the same problem when I was looking for a match. It took me around 10-15 minutes to get my first match when I tried it 3 days after the release. I've only played a few times after it, but I've noticed that player matches connect faster. I do hope they fix this because I know my internet is super fast so I don't think its my problem and I have all my ports open so I dunno.

fernoca

LAUGHTREY said:
It doesn't feel like he's fighting Templars like Altair was, it feels like he's fighting the Borgia who killed his family. The Templar vs Assassin thing is kinda downplayed in 2 and BH.
In II at first he was pissed and wanted revenge, but then realized it wasn't that important which is why he left the Pope alive. In Brotherhood, he's not after the Borgias for killing his family, but because they got the
Apple of Eden
back, and because of all the stuff he heard from Minerva at the end of II; he knows there's a great danger even if they don't knwo how, when or why and they need to get it back. As he does he realizes he can't do it alone and needs to resurrect the brotherhood to care and maintain balance.

Keep in mind also that Templar vs Assassins thing is not as transparent as it originally was. In the last two games, the Templars have shown to be people from the poorest person, to the richest one. Since they don't know who is what, is also why they establish the brotherhoods and the guilds, to spy around and get information.

The glyphs, the Templar missions in Brotherhood and the truth puzzles are also evidence that is not something as in good guys in one side and bad guys in another. Not to mention that the focus so far has been on the assassins looking for the apple. The spinoffs like Discovery, Altair's Chronicles, Bloodlines all are more centered on the assassins vs. templar topic, because they are from the perspective of Altair and Ezio, more than "Desmond's training programs to look for the apple".

Anyone let me know if there's something considered as a "big spoiler". ;p

Amir0x

Banned
Manhunt is way more fun than Wanted imo for multiplayer. In Manhunt I feel like I hide a lot more, which turns everything into an elaborate game of hide and seek. I dig it.

fernoca

gdt5016 said:
A few hours in now, and my map is a mess. There's an ungodly amount shit to do :lol .
You can remove markers if you want to. To focus on the things you want to do first. ;)

I leave it all on, because I don't like seeing the map empty. :lol

RiccochetJ said:

I've tried on 2 separate days to try and get into a multiplayer match, the closest I got was 3/6 agents. I waited about 15min or so each time. Hopefully they can fix this so I can actually play multiplayer.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I think I lack a few trophies till I get my platinum:

10 streak execution - How do you do this?
Borgia flags - I just need to hunt em down, no biggie.
10 guild missions

and the Multiplayer trophies, which I really hate.

ULTROS! said:

I think you just need a
Kill streak of 10? Just gather up lots of guards or replay a section that had you fighting lots of them.

jett

D-Member
Can someone inform where the hell can I find guards that will work with the Courtesan challenge that requires me to kill them with the crossbow undetected?

jett said:
Can someone inform where the hell can I find guards that will work with the Courtesan challenge that requires me to kill them with the crossbow undetected?

Would like to know as well.....

Also whats the level needed for a recruit to be counted ranked as an Assassin? 10?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
jett said:
Same. Apparently I've killed 3 already, but I have no fucking clue when or where I killed them.

DualShadow said:

Also whats the level needed for a recruit to be counted ranked as an Assassin? 10?
10, but I'm having trouble getting that trophy. I have 9 Assassin recruits and it still wont give me the trophy.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
ULTROS! said:

Borgia flags - I just need to hunt em down, no biggie.
10 guild missions

There's a mission at the very beginning when you run into the Romulous followers for the first time. Kill them without getting hit and you will have it. That's where I got mine.

jett

D-Member
DualShadow said:

10 I think. After they become ASSASSINO they stop leveling up.

Killthee said:
Same. Apparently I've killed 3 already, but I have no fucking clue when or where I killed them.

10, but I'm having trouble getting that trophy. I have 9 Assassin recruits and it still wont give me the trophy.

Thanks,

It says I've killed a few but I have no idea which guards they were cause I crossbow heaps of people :lol

Maybe it's the guards that stand on those platforms in the camp things with the wooden spiked fences *shrug*

ULTROS! said:

The VR missions are the best place for execution streaks. Just keep practicing, and remember that you can counter in the middle of one and keep the streak going. I'm pretty sure I even got grabbed once and broke free quickly enough to keep the streak going; there might be a one second timer between moves like in Arkham Asylum.

I'm not looking forward to getting the multiplayer trophies either, but I love this game so much I feel like I have to :lol

edgefusion

matrix-cat said:
I'm not looking forward to getting the multiplayer trophies either, but I love this game so much I feel like I have to :lol

Same for me too. I platinumed Assassins Creed 2 so I feel like I should do the same with Brotherhood but ugh, multiplayer trophies can die in a fire. I always find online modes so excruciatingly boring after a while and trying to get to level 50 (!!) is going to kill me.

dwebo

Killthee said:
I've done the cheesy ceremony a bunch of times and still nothing. : /
You could try reloading - that fixed trophies not popping for me earlier. Otherwise, I dunno.

Snapshot King said:
No, I mean, it's useful when someones standing somewhere in a morphed group, or you're walking towards a morphed group that's moving in any direction instead of away from you. You get maybe 2 feet from them, hit charge, and mash. Incognito. Trust me on this.
I can't believe this actually worked! I was gonna say they need to put that in the description, but then I noticed it says that it scatters crowds - I just assumed it meant in an auto-bash kinda way, not charge into a group and auto-win. They really should make that clearer, since I don't think I've ever seen anyone use it on me either.

Dreavus

dwebo said:
Apart from what you listed:

- decoy, causes an npc to morph into your character skin and run off
- mute, prevents people from attacking you or using abilities
- firecracker, like a flashbang, also scares npcs into cowering
- templar vision, reveals your target and any pursuers, but also makes you glow gold
- throwing knives, slows target down, also knocks them down if they're climbing / perched
- charge, speeds you up and lets you knock over people, can use to both assassinate and stun

Somewhat listed in order of how effective I've found them to be. If charge was like the vanguard's move in Mass Effect 2 it'd be pretty sweet, but I haven't found much use for it.

Late reply on my part, but thanks a lot! Sounds really cool, decoy especially sounds almost too good to be true. :D

Killthee

Dreavus said:
Late reply on my part, but thanks a lot! Sounds really cool, decoy especially sounds almost too good to be true. :D
It's not foolproof. It works very easily with low levels, but anyone using Templar Vision or Charging towards you can see right through the decoy.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Amir0x said:
Manhunt is way more fun than Wanted imo for multiplayer. In Manhunt I feel like I hide a lot more, which turns everything into an elaborate game of hide and seek. I dig it.
Do you need a mic for that to reasonably play? It looks like it's a partner and I have my profile set to friends only... Otherwise I don't play multi when I have to hear the scum of humanity.

Irish

fernoca said:
In II at first he was pissed and wanted revenge, but then realized it wasn't that important which is why he left the Pope alive. In Brotherhood, he's not after the Borgias for killing his family, but because they got the
Apple of Eden
back, and because of all the stuff he heard from Minerva at the end of II; he knows there's a great danger even if they don't knwo how, when or why and they need to get it back. As he does he realizes he can't do it alone and needs to resurrect the brotherhood to care and maintain balance.

Eh, the only reason he even went after them in Brotherhood is because they attacked him at the villa and killed Mario. Retrieving the apple was still a sort of secondary objective. :p

I still like the games a lot, but I just haven't really dug the Ezio story. Hopefully I'll like the next protagonist a bit more.

U2NUMB

Think I found an interesting annoying little audio glitch on the 360 version. Anyone else install the game? I played a couple hours prior to installing and audio wise everything was great. Now after the install my speakers pop often.. so I put on my Turtle Beach headset and its also there.. sounds like the audio is actually a bit messed up.

Anyone have this issue or should I just re install and hope that fixes it?

Balphon

jett said:

Around Borgia Towers or in Borgia controlled areas. They'll mostly be blocking roads, doors or foreclosed shops. If you've already cleared all of the towers you can try replaying any memory that requires you to raid an enemy compound.
Sequence 6, memory 2
is probably a good candidate.

Killthee

RiccochetJ said:
Do you need a mic for that to reasonably play? It looks like it's a partner and I have my profile set to friends only... Otherwise I don't play multi when I have to hear the scum of humanity.
It's a 4 vs. 4 mode where one side is hunting the other team. It helps if you have a mic because it allows you to coordinate complex strategies, but it's not a requirement to win. If you have a good team that understands how the mode works and isn't running around like headless chickens then you can easily win without any communication. A mic just makes it a tad easier because you can coordinate attacks against targets that stick together/lose pursuers by leading them into a teammate that can stun them from behind.

U2NUMB said:
Think I found an interesting annoying little audio glitch on the 360 version. Anyone else install the game? I played a couple hours prior to installing and audio wise everything was great. Now after the install my speakers pop often.. so I put on my Turtle Beach headset and its also there.. sounds like the audio is actually a bit messed up.

Anyone have this issue or should I just re install and hope that fixes it?
Several people have brought up the audio cracking in the 360. Can't say I've noticed any audio cracking in the PS3 version, but then again I'm playing using my TV's speakers.

Sai

Armor of Altair >>>> Armor of Brutus. I mean seriously, thing looks ridiculous.

Just gonna equip the Armor of Altair outfit whenever I have that mess on.

I'm closing in on the end. About 91% synch rate at this point... Few more flags to find in the Secret Locations, few more Guild Challenges to complete, and I'll be able to wrap up the main story. I think there's only one more sequence after this.

Do you actually receive anything in game for collecting all the flags?

I don't think I got anything in game for collecting all the feathers :(

rataven

Got a question. Sorta spoilery if you haven't left the Animus:

Is it possible to find all five of the relics in Monteriggioni at once? I've found four, but the fifth eludes me and it's driving me nuts! I'm convinced it's just not there yet. Does it unlock later or something?

LiK

rataven said:
Got a question. Sorta spoilery if you haven't left the Animus:

Is it possible to find all five of the relics in Monteriggioni at once? I've found four, but the fifth eludes me and it's driving me nuts! I'm convinced it's just not there yet. Does it unlock later or something?

i only found one :lol

rataven

RiccochetJ said:
@rataven
They're all there. What do you need?
Argh, they're all there?! I must have swept Monteriggioni a dozen times, haha. I've found the feather box, cape, belt, and Claudia's book. What else am I looking for? I'll keep hunting.
EDIT: found it! Whew.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Just spent 20 minutes looking for a Wanted game. I get in one, get a couple kills, get killed. Then when I respawn it takes three minutes before the computer decides to give me a contract. It had no problems making me a contract though.

Think I'll go back to the campaign for now.

The campaign is addicting. I'm only on the 4th sequence. I'm constantly sending my Assassin's into doing different missions. I like that I can change their robes colors. It really help because certain characters are weak. Easy for me to point them out and help them in fights.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I don't really like most multiplayer games I get into, it's mostly me sneaking up on someone trying to not walk right at them, when I suddenly see ESCAPE and a huge red arrow on my screen. It's kinda annoying to have to be constantly running from dumbasses in the game, really fun to turn a corner and disguise as they kill an NPC though.

TTG

Blue Ninja said:
I can only assume you're talking about Rodrigo Borgia, also known as the Spaniard. He's the Grand Master of the Templar order, and responsible for the death of Ezio's family in AC2's prologue. By the end of AC2,
he's become Pope Alexander VI, because he wanted to find the Vault underneath it. Ezio ultimately decided not to kill him at the end of AC2, because he felt pity for how misguided he was.
Or something.

The first game really isn't all that bad. Sure, it got a little repetive, and the omniscient guards were a bit of a pain in the ass, but I liked it. It was a flawed game, but that made its evolution into Assassin's Creed II only sweeter.

Nah, I'm not talking about the fat pope guy, the very first cutscene with a faux quick time event where Ezio is about to stab some guy with the hidden blade. He didn't look like the same dude.

Also, why does Ezio keep calling Niccolo Machiavelli "Machiavelli" all the time, it's not like Niccolo calls him "Auditore. :lol Is there some Italian way of addressing people that I'm missing?

Anyway, the first game was flawed, but not enough to detract from the experience for me. Just the technological and aesthetic impact alone, it was incredible.

dwebo

LAUGHTREY said:
I don't really like most multiplayer games I get into, it's mostly me sneaking up on someone trying to not walk right at them, when I suddenly see ESCAPE and a huge red arrow on my screen. It's kinda annoying to have to be constantly running from dumbasses in the game, really fun to turn a corner and disguise as they kill an NPC though.
If you move from crowd to crowd on your way to your target, you can usually stay blended when the escape warning pops up and just hide it out. This works better of course in advanced wanted, or if there are multiple copies of your character near you.

Also you can be happy that they don't get many points from chase kills.

Sai

TTG said:
Nah, I'm not talking about the fat pope guy, the very first cutscene with a faux quick time event where Ezio is about to stab some guy with the hidden blade.
That's Cesare, his son.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
LAUGHTREY said:

Try Manhunt if you haven't yet, I find it way more enjoyable.

Top Bottom