• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

Phenomic

Anyone know the name of the soundtrack in the game, not really sure how do describe it and I don't know if it's really it's own track. It sounds like a latin singing almost maybe even a chanting. It plays sometimes in the multiplayer loading menu and it's started playing random points in single player for me also but I can't seem to figure out what starts it.

ZealousD said:
Yeah, it simultaneously removes the need for the gun or throwing knives.

Yeah I barely used the throwing knifes or gun.

Why bother when I can use the crossbow to quickly and quietly take out ranged targets in 1 hit.

Phenomic said:
Anyone know the name of the soundtrack in the game, not really sure how do describe it and I don't know if it's really it's own track. It sounds like a latin singing almost maybe even a chanting. It plays sometimes in the multiplayer loading menu and it's started playing random points in single player for me also but I can't seem to figure out what starts it.
Reminds me of Dead Can Dance at parts.

LiK

Phenomic said:

is it a track that plays when you're in the rural areas? there's a track that i love there. it's also in AC2.

jett

D-Member
Phenomic said:

Echoes of the Roman Ruins

Najaf

I just had my first out loud cheering moment in this great game.

I was trying to take out the captain of one of the towers so I could burn it. This one was on a hill so I rode my horse straight into the village alerting everyone. The captain jumps on his horse and is just about to start riding and I rode up next to him, jump off, landed in reverse saddle on his horse and gave him two blades to the chest, lifting him off his horse as I rode it away clean.

I did not know you could do horse to horse assassinations, so naturally I just kind of sat there letting it sink in before I starting cheering in my living room. Good times.

Irish

LiK said:
is it a track that plays when you're in the rural areas? there's a track that i love there. it's also in AC2.

Do you know the name of that track? There's this one track I stop everything just to listen to and I only hear it when I'm out in the boonies.

jett

D-Member
Phenomic said:
That's actually not it but that is an amazing track. I don't even know if it's it's own track I think it just might play over a different one in front of it. It was strange like that.

Irish said:
Do you know the name of that track? There's this one track I stop everything just to listen to and I only hear it when I'm out in the boonies.

Might be Roman Countryside then, for the both of you. :p

Phenomic

Irish said:

I have no clue the name of it that's why I was asking. I don't think it plays in rural areas. I think I remember it playing more so walking around the city. Perhaps just climbing around buildings. It would start suddenly and end abruptly for the most part.

jett

D-Member
Personally AC2 had the better soundtrack. The best music from AC:B originates from AC2. The only new theme that stuck with me was the second part of Rome Countryside.

LiK

jett said:
Personally AC2 had the better soundtrack. The best music from AC:B originates from AC2. The only new theme that stuck with me was the second part of Rome Countryside.

i think so too. my memory is really fuzzy tho since i haven't touched AC2 after i beat it.

Irish

Well, while it was a nice track, that's not the one I've been hearing, jett. This one was more upbeat and dance-y almost. There were also "vocal" bits.

jett

D-Member
Irish said:
Well, while it was a nice track, that's not the one I've been hearing, jett. This one was more upbeat and dance-y almost. There were also "vocal" bits.

Well whatever it is it's not in the CD that was bundled with the Collector's Edition. We need a leak of the full thing.

Darkkn

Is there really nothing to do in the town when you leave animus? I've left rome a couple of times to chat in 2012 and tried to explore the town but there is really nothing going on so it's kinda odd that there is even option to go out and wander around.

rataven

Darkkn said:
Is there really nothing to do in the town when you leave animus? I've left rome a couple of times to chat in 2012 and tried to explore the town but there is really nothing going on so it's kinda odd that there is even option to go out and wander around.
Oh, there's something there. Keep looking.

You guys looking for music - I think they reused a couple tracks from ACII. Maybe it was Venice Rooftops or Florence Tarantella?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Darkkn said:

There are 5 artifacts to find, they don't seem to do anything, no achivement or anything for getting them all. They are displayed on a shelf in your little animus basement however.

Phenomic

rataven said:
Oh, there's something there. Keep looking.

You guys looking for music - I think they reused a couple tracks from ACII. Maybe it was Venice Rooftops or Florence Tarantella?

I was looking for a specific musical thing but I don't think it's it's own track. I'm playing multiplayer and it's got background music playing. As I'm waiting random the song starts to play, it does it like three times in a row and it's almost just like a cross between Latin Singing and Chanting and Opera. I don't know how to describe it other then that. I need to record it or something and I think everyone would immediately know what I was talking about.

Of course I always find there's a possibility that I'm the only one who hears it and it's some giant conspiracy. :lol Maybe I'm just crazy.

kiun

since uninstalling the game (x360) I have yet to experience the crackling audio. I guess this is the way to go for me.

fernoca

I don't think Brotherhood is longer, but at least it's as long. Took me 25 hours in ACII to get everything, and I'm at 22 right now in Brotherhood and only need most of the flags (80 more) and 4 more feathers. Finished II at 20 hours and Brotherhood at 19.

There's a ton of stuff to do in Brotherhood, on top of the VR Training/Missions and the Online multiplayer.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Brotherhood is longer.

I think if you stuck to story only missions then it's probably about the same as AC2 or shorter.

But there is a shit load more additional things to do in AC:B which makes it a longer game.

I felt lots of the "side" missions could have been included in the main story and it would not have bothered me.

rataven

Phenomic said:
I was looking for a specific musical thing but I don't think it's it's own track. I'm playing multiplayer and it's got background music playing. As I'm waiting random the song starts to play, it does it like three times in a row and it's almost just like a cross between Latin Singing and Chanting and Opera. I don't know how to describe it other then that. I need to record it or something and I think everyone would immediately know what I was talking about.
Hmm, now I'm really curious! Only other guess I have is Earth. It's also from ACII but they played it during the opening title sequence of ACB.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Phenomic said:
Earth from AC2?

DualShadow said:
Yeah I barely used the throwing knifes or gun.

Why bother when I can use the crossbow to quickly and quietly take out ranged targets in 1 hit.
The gun is good when you run out of bolts, and the knives are excellent at taking out more than one foe at a time.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
DualShadow said:
I think if you stuck to story only missions then it's probably about the same as AC2 or shorter.

But there is a shit load more additional things to do in AC:B which makes it a longer game.

I felt lots of the "side" missions could have been included in the main story and it would not have bothered me.
Yeah I think if you stick to story missions the game is shorter, but if you do all the side missions the game is much longer.

Phenomic

Killthee said:

Not sure if it's the same part remixed from that song but if you skip to 1 minute in that video it sort of sounds like that. Not exactly I would say but it's the closest thing anyone has found thus far. I really don't think it's hit the internet yet and I'm still shocked no one knows what I'm talking about. Usually GAF is pretty much like right on top of it. Given I have a terrible description of what it sounds like.

Also is it worth getting the % I need for the final Cristina mission I'm about 20% or so away from it.

Bebpo

Banned
Just had my first hard crash on the PS3 version. This game runs so bad on the PS3 it's really inexcusable. Whenever I'm running the rooftops full speed with guards it's like 15fps consistently. Choppiest game I've played in a while. And this is on top of the constant tearing and blurred out textures due to QAA.

I wish I could return the game and just wait for the PC version. I will never ever buy another AC game on PS3 again. Imo it's bordline unplayable because the choppiness really effects you when you're trying to run and platform and fight.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
jett said:
Goddamn getting full-sync in the last thief race is physically painful. :| These races really put in evidence how unbearably rigid the controls can be sometimes.
I really hope they work on the controls for AC3, they need a bit of reworking.

ZephyrFate said:
The gun is good when you run out of bolts, and the knives are excellent at taking out more than one foe at a time.

I rarely ran out of bolts though and I completely forgot about throwing multiple knives at once until after I had finished the game. AC:b doesn't really do I good job explaining all the things you can do.

Killthee said:
Yeah I think if you stick to story missions the game is shorter, but if you do all the side missions the game is much longer.

Yeah and most of side missions are pretty good IMO so they are worth doing.

jett

D-Member
Ah fuck I thought collecting the flags on the overworld will be enough to get me the trophy(and my platinum), but nooooo I have to find the ones in the tombs as well. Well fuck that, I'm waiting until someone makes a walkthrough for that

LiK

jett said:
Ah fuck I thought collecting the flags on the overworld will be enough to get me the trophy(and my platinum), but nooooo I have to find the ones in the tombs as well. Well fuck that, I'm waiting until someone makes a walkthrough for that
DENIED!

Bebpo said:
Just had my first hard crash on the PS3 version. This game runs so bad on the PS3 it's really inexcusable. Whenever I'm running the rooftops full speed with guards it's like 15fps consistently. Choppiest game I've played in a while. And this is on top of the constant tearing and blurred out textures due to QAA.

I wish I could return the game and just wait for the PC version. I will never ever buy another AC game on PS3 again. Imo it's bordline unplayable because the choppiness really effects you when you're trying to run and platform and fight.
Did you play AC2 on the PS3? That game literally gave me headaches from the constant tearing. I'm surprised at all the complaints about performance in this thread because Brotherhood might as well have zero tearing in comparison to 2. The framerate is still definitely a problem but I found it manageable.

I'll definitely be eBaying my PS3 version for a PC copy the moment it becomes available, just like I did with AC2 and 1, but I've been pleasantly surprised with Brotherhood so far.

jett said:
RoosterTeeth/Achievement Hunter is showing where flags are in their Lair of Romulus vids. I've only seen one video though, don't know if they're doing all of them.

iNvid02

i had some freezing towards the end missions which took away from the experience a bit, kinda sucked to be in the epic chase and your horse freezes mid jump and then few seconds later carries on.

:lol If you go and see Leo after completing all the
War Machine Quests
you get a nice little cut scene :lol

Quite unexpected and a little funny.

fernoca

DualShadow said:
:lol If you go and see Leo after completing all the
War Machine Quests
you get a nice little cut scene :lol

Quite unexpected and a little funny.
??
Don't remember anything "funny"; can you describe it? :p