• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

Grisby

Oh god, (item spoiler) the
parachute is pretty fun. Got the achievement for jumping off the big castle, which in itself is fun to climb. I just wish there were more instances to use it or even a mission of some type.

Got some crazy Crackdown vibes from that.

jett

D-Member
RedSwirl said:
I guess I don't use the crossbow enough for fear that it'll break the game.

In my experience smoke bombs usually immediately result in detection after they dissipate (which means mission failure).

Smoke bomb from a distance -> crossbow ftw.

Hey im not far into the game, but I have a quick question. I know im like 1 mission away from triggering the notoriety mechanic, and I was wondering if its worth doing all the side missions now before that kicks in?

In Assassins Creed 2 in the endgame you got a cape that let you basically turn that mechanic off, is there anything similar in this game?

Is it actually more fun doing some of the side missions later on in the game, when I have more stuff unlocked?

Also - is there a way to replay side mission memories later on? Can I redo Borgia towers etc?

LiK

bobs99 ... said:
Hey im not far into the game, but I have a quick question. I know im like 1 mission away from triggering the notoriety mechanic, and I was wondering if its worth doing all the side missions now before that kicks in?

In Assassins Creed 2 in the endgame you got a cape that let you basically turn that mechanic off, is there anything similar in this game?

Is it actually more fun doing some of the side missions later on in the game, when I have more stuff unlocked?

Also - is there a way to replay side mission memories later on? Can I redo Borgia towers etc?
Play until you unlock your assassin posse and all sidequests will be more enjoyable.

Ridley327

If you rebuild all of Rome, you unlock the Auditore cape which, unlike its function in AC2, completely disables notoriety increases.

Jhoan

bobs99 ... said:

EDIT:beaten.

And I too am wondering how you do the Courtesan Challenge with the crossbow. I've only killed 3 guys, but I don't know what guard posts are or what they look like.

I'm up to Sequence 8 at this point and have all my Assassins at max rank. Where can I get the second item in order to unlock the
Fast Poison?
and when does the last
Romulus Tomb unlock? I have 5/6 keys at this point

Ridley327

The last Lair of Romulus unlocks once you enter Sequence 8; just head into the Vatican district (it's unlocked, despite what the map may show).

LiK said:
Play until you unlock your assassin posse and all sidequests will be more enjoyable.

Awesome thanks! Ill do that.

Out of curiosity, am I able to replay borgia towers and other side memories like assassination contracts? I get the feeling that theres a lot of fun to be had trying to kill the captain in different ways.

Rickard

bobs99 ... said:
Awesome thanks! Ill do that.

Out of curiosity, am I able to replay borgia towers and other side memories like assassination contracts? I get the feeling that theres a lot of fun to be had trying to kill the captain in different ways.

Borgia Towers: No
Asssassin Contrasts: Yes

Rickard said:
Borgia Towers: No
Asssassin Contrasts: Yes

Thanks! Thats annoying, Borgia Towers look like the kind of things that would be awesome to do in the late game with all your cool gadgets and stuff. Im kinda just doing them now to see the viewpoints and open up the map, maybe I need to slow down on that.

LiK

bobs99 ... said:
Thanks! Thats annoying, Borgia Towers look like the kind of things that would be awesome to do in the late game with all your cool gadgets and stuff. Im kinda just doing them now to see the viewpoints and open up the map, maybe I need to slow down on that.
That's okay, clearing up some of them will make the story missions easier. Do them if you feel like it. But not all Borgia towers are reachable until later sequences. You get walled off from them.

1stStrike

Banned
Well, I beat the game earlier. The ending definitely did feel a bit rushed. It wasn't nearly as epic as I'd hoped with the final fight (I find it a bit annoying, but not difficult at all).

I think they need to stop giving so much of everything. By the end of the game I'm pretty much John Rambo or a walking tank with all the destruction I can wreak. I'd like a extra difficulty where the AI was more aggressive and the number of items they gave you was less. Like, "extreme" mode or some shit where I'd only have like 3 of anything (throwing knives / poison darts / gunshots / crossbow), take more damage from hits (like 2 hits and you're dead), etc.

The ending definitely caught me by surprise. It was quite abrupt, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the next part goes. I think the story is either going to end up being absolutely fucking amazing or impossible to decipher. Depends on how they pull it off.

I went ahead and did the Subject 16 puzzles too - holy shit those were hard. I just don't have the mental capacity to figure some of this shit out :lol I ended up doing a big hunt all over rome trying to find the ones I'd miss and then after I finally got through it all... I really didn't expect what came after. I was like "fuck, there's MORE?" Was interesting though.

I think aside from doing some random missions that are still left over and poison darting guards and watching them take out all the civilians for the laughs, I'm about done with single player. Not going to pursue 100%'ing stuff.

---

I tried out the multiplayer some more and got up to lvl 7 before I took a break (been playing AC:B all day).

I'm finding that I'm not a fan of the team games (at least playing with random). Too fast paced, people tend to run around on the roofs and annoy me, and my team generally doesn't work together so it's just me getting raped most of the time (though we did manage to win the 2nd match I played thanks to all the stuns I got).

I then decided to try alliance - but couldn't even get a full game, so I'm guessing this mode must really, really suck since it seems like nobody is playing it. I'll try it again some other time. Maybe I'll get lucky.

So, I then went to Wanted and played a few rounds of that. Didn't do too bad, and actually had fun. I finished in the top 3 usually, though I did have one bad game and finished 6th. I was 1st for almost an entire match, but some dude kept ending up as my attacker and every time I'd get to my target to kill them, he'd fucking pop out and get me. I'd be like "All right, I gotcha!" *hits square* *falls on the ground and dies as my attacker fucking pops out right as I'm hitting square* :|

I think Wanted is my game mode though. It's got a nice challenge to it, and I love the fact that it encourages you to take your time, blend in, etc. I was playing more like an assassin in Wanted then I was in any other game mode. It was so satisfying when I was pursuing my target, walk around the corner and see him trigger his ability to change him into another character's appearance.

I was just like "HAAHA...HAHA...I saw that." *stab* :lol

Looks like good times ahead and I've found my online game for at least a few weeks.

Sorry about the long winded post. Lots of stuff to talk about :p

Ledsen

Rickard said:
I just realized I can buy a map of flag locations.

This is the best AC yet.

Unfortunately the millions of collectibles in this game and the maps for them means that the game basically turns into Pac-Man if you want to collect 100%. It sucks, and after finishing it and returning to Red Dead Revolver (and realizing how much better the optional stuff is in that game) I really wish Ubisoft would just cut all the stupid filler and meaningless collectibles and put in some good side missions instead. Get rid of the treasure chests, the flags, the feathers, the buying of stores... all of it. They add nothing at all to the game, it's just an artificial way to make you spend more time climbing around. Maybe keep one kind of collectible (preferably chests since they actually have real value in the game) and just cut down on the number of them. Keep the ability to buy a few landmarks, and make them return to their former glory when bought. Also cut down on the number of faction side missions and make the ones that are left a lot better (not this "rip down 5 posters", "kill these 3 dudes" crap we have now) The Borgia Towers and Subject 16 puzzles were the only optional things that were truly fun in this game, and I didn't realize that until I'd gotten everything and distanced myself a bit from the game.

LiK said:
That's okay, clearing up some of them will make the story missions easier. Do them if you feel like it. But not all Borgia towers are reachable until later sequences. You get walled off from them.

Yeah ive sort of done a mix of stuff, im finally back onto the story and im finally
recruiting my Brotherhood. Another quick question about that - is there any way to like micro manage that from the main menu? I cant quite be arsed going to pigean coups.

I know if my assassins die I have to recruit new ones - so I assume I wont eventually run out of citizens to recruit? Not that im planning to let any of my dudes die... but im just curious, and asking stupid questions. :lol

Also, how do you access the training screen for overtaken Borgia towers, I looked all over but couldnt find anything to interact with, even at the top. Eventually I gave up and just went to a random Pigeon coup.

Another quick thing, im seeing a bunch of empty buildings that I can turn into Guild buildings, So whats usually best to build? Thieves Mercenarys or Prostitues? Can I change a building to something else if I change my mind?

Bebpo

Banned
Finished the main story, still wrapping up side stuff (I thought the last part of the map didn't unlock until sequence 9 so I focused on the story in 8 and then turns out 9 is the ending so I guess the last part opened up in sequence 8?).

Enjoyable, but I don't see how anyone can say this is better than AC2 or even anywhere close to it (not counting multiplayer. I haven't even touched that). AC2 told a full story about the life of Ezio from birth until the end of his importance in the AC plot. AC B's Rome story is lolz, a bunch of errands for buddies and no real plot. The Desmond plot barely moved at all as well. Story-wise the whole thing felt like a filler arc of a show where nothing important happens and there's no reason for the story to exist besides $$$ while making the next real plot.

Gameplay, eh. The core additions like execution streak, horse to horse assassination were good. The assassin recruit system was cool though shallow, war machine missions sucked. Rome was ok, but it didn't look as nice imo as Venice and it was more a pain to get around than any of the AC2 cities plus it took forever for the map to fully open for exploration. The ruins weren't as good as the AC2 ruins. The stealth when it was good was the best in the series and the half-sync/full-sync was, in concept, a good idea to push that stealth. But the execution of the system was a mess and having the AI freak or glitch 15 mins into a mission and losing your full sync was lame. I think if they add a "restart from last checkpoint" in the menu screen it would have made the general bugginess more tolerable. Loading would still be an issue though since the loading is kind of bad, but just goes with the engine I guess.

By the end the campaign felt like a full-length full-price AC2 expansion pack akin to Oblivion's Shivering Isles. Which isn't a bad thing because AC2 was a fantastic game, but like most expansions it generally doesn't strive for the same highs as the original and feels more by the books. It was a fun filler game during the gap between AC2 and AC3, but AC3 better be nothing like this and a full blown game. I kind of hope they go Splinter Cell Conviction style complete reboot of the franchise with AC3 because I don't see how much further they can push this AC2 style without it becoming stale.

Ledsen said:
Unfortunately the millions of collectibles in this game and the maps for them means that the game basically turns into Pac-Man if you want to collect 100%. It sucks, and after finishing it and returning to Red Dead Revolver (and realizing how much better the optional stuff is in that game) I really wish Ubisoft would just cut all the stupid filler and meaningless collectibles and put in some good side missions instead. Get rid of the treasure chests, the flags, the feathers, the buying of stores... all of it. They add nothing at all to the game, it's just an artificial way to make you spend more time climbing around.

This is exactly how I felt by the end. Sure you can use the map key to turn off icons, but it's just annoying how there are hundreds of icons everywhere and all it does is make none of them stick out as exciting things you want to do. Instead it's like "ugh, look at all this stuff I gotta collect". There's waaaaay too many things in AC B, it's very Japanese in the whole "overdose of time-wasting content" department. I pretty much completed AC2 100%, but I dunno how much more time I'll spend doing side stuff/collecting in AC B. It doesn't feel worth it really.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
you don't need to spoiler-tag that in the game Assassin's Creed Brotherhood you can build a Brotherhood by recruiting citizens.

bobs99 ... said:
is there any way to like micro manage that from the main menu?
You can also do it in the main hideout.

bobs99 ... said:
I know if my assassins die I have to recruit new ones - so I assume I wont eventually run out of citizens to recruit?
As soon as one slot is open an icon will appear on the map.

bobs99 ... said:
Another quick thing, im seeing a bunch of empty buildings that I can turn into Guild buildings, So whats usually best to build?
Whatever is missing in the area. Or whatever preference you have for those groups.

bandresen said:
you don't need to spoiler-tag that in the game Assassin's Creed Brotherhood you can build a Brotherhood by recruiting citizens.

You can also do it in the main hideout.

As soon as one slot is open an icon will appear on the map.

Whatever is missing in the area. Or whatever preference you have for those groups.

Thanks for the answers!

Im pretty careful with my spoilers, I know the whole Brotherhood thing is pretty much an advertised feature, but I didnt quite want to give away any of the specifics on how it works.

1stStrike

Banned
Oh, and for you guys playing multi, what are some of the most unique kills you've done / seen? I've been trying for a bench kill, but nobody ever comes near me when I'm on a bench :lol

1stStrike said:
Oh, and for you guys playing multi, what are some of the most unique kills you've done / seen? I've been trying for a bench kill, but nobody ever comes near me when I'm on a bench :lol

Yeah it seems like you have to activly persue your contract, I tried sitting in a hale bale and waiting for my contract to come to me, it didnt quite work, but I did manage to stun the guy going after me in a pretty funny way. :lol

rataven

1stStrike said:
I've managed a kill or two from a haystack, but it was mostly luck. At higher levels, you really do have to stay on the move when hunting your target.

I did have a fun kill that I'll definitely remember though. I was blended into a stationary group avoiding my pursuer, but I also knew from my indicator that my target was nearby as well. There I was, stealthy blended, and I see my target running directly towards me and my group of harmless, chatting NPCs in an attempt to escape his other two pursuers. He blends into the group RIGHT NEXT to me and, sure enough, escapes them. Thinking he's home free, he waits for a second...just enough time for me to turn to him, look him in the eye, then stab him in the gut with my spear. It was pure luck, but I got a kick out of it.

1stStrike

Banned
rataven said:
I've managed a kill or two from a haystack, but it was mostly luck. At higher levels, you really do have to stay on the move when hunting your target.

I did have a fun kill that I'll definitely remember though. I was blended into a stationary group avoiding my pursuer, but I also knew from my indicator that my target was nearby as well. There I was, stealthy blended, and I see my target running directly towards me and my group of harmless, chatting NPCs in an attempt to escape his other two pursuers. He blends into the group RIGHT NEXT to me and, sure enough, escapes them. Thinking he's home free, he waits for a second...just enough time for me to turn to him, look him in the eye, then stab him in the gut with my spear. It was pure luck, but I got a kick out of it.

Nice lol. I just got my first aerial kill. I was standing on a line over a walk way and dropped on em. I just got the gun so been using that and the smoke bomb.

Only issue I have is tracking people down. That circle fills up and sometimes I can't find them and I either end up missing them, killing a civilian, or getting killed before I can figure out where they are :|

Edit: just got my first hay pile assassination lol. I killed someone, ran to hide in the hay to make sure I wasn't followed, and then I saw my target getting closer. She came around the corner and I pounced. Most satisfying kill yet :p

I ended up coming in 2nd that game (tied for 1st in points but had a worst k:d ratio)

Think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

P.S. The matchmaking IS pretty horrid

Jhoan

I beat the game yesterday too. The ending wasn't as crazy and surprising as AC2's, so I was let down a bit and it's basically another cliffhanger. My reaction was basically "Oh, o.k." I hope this is the last we see of Ezio because as good of a character as he is, I've had enough of his life although I would like to know who he ended up mating with. I really hope they wrap things up in AC3 because paying 60 bucks (or in my case, 20-40 bucks for all 3 games) to keep getting the same "to be continued" ending for however long Ubisoft chooses to extend it is getting annoying and the plot is dragging on too much so they gotta wrap Desmond's story up and start anew.

The game is definitely overwhelming in terms of stuff to do and stuff like the War Machine missions were pretty cool despite the annoying stealth part, whereas other things like the Courtesan side missions bought nothing to the table and to the game's world. The map is extremely cluttered and it seems that there's not much of reason to 100% the game as far as I know although there's repressed memories which I presume unlock once one gets 100% sych rate. It almost seems like a lot of ideas weren't that well planned and fleshed out like the Brotherhood part. And the game still suffers from texture pop up like many games this gen, but the worst offender is the slowest set of horses in the series for a such a massive city. Venice and even Forli were more memorable than Rome, so I wasn't feeling this game's setting all that much.

Combat's been the biggest improvement to the game which is a welcome addition I suppose and it's nice to go all bad ass Renaissance Batman on enemies. I almost have all the Borgia flags except for 8 that I missed over 3 Romulus tombs missions which should be a breeze to get and finish finding and solving the rest of the Subject 16 puzzles. And the challenges are a decent addition but it's frustrating to get a 100% synch failed, restart from a checkpoint with 100% synch failed and the timed missions suck. Terrible idea. I hope they at least patch that up.

The multiplayer seems to be pretty fleshed out and moreso than say Dead Rising 2 but it still feels like it's an afterthought and it shares DR2's horrible matchmaking issues. It's pretty decent if a bit frustrating and unfair. Now that I'm done with the game, I'm gonna focus more on that.

1stStrike

Banned
I got up to lvl 15 tonight and levels definitely make a huge difference in this game. I've been using morph and smoke and I'm coming in at the top 3 consistently.

I've decided that I hate roofs, though. There are games where every time I get a new target it's pointed up to the roofs. And then I either have to play the up, down, up, down, up, down game to get the kill, or I get killed on my way trying to get to my target. I've come to love maps that have no high buildings.

Also, being in the top 3 suuucks. Whenever I'm #1 and have 3 people after me I'm owned until I drop to #2 or #3. Can't handle that many people.

I have a "pro tip" too if you guys aren't already aware of it. In your options under HUD you have dynamic hud as an option. This toggles the HUD in the MP. If you're annoyed by the clutter, or can't concentrate because you're obsessing over your rank, switch dynamic hud and all you'll have is the compass. I played a lot better once I disabled it.

I can't wait to hit the higher levels. One thing I'm wondering though is what does the "gear" do that you unlock as you level up? Game doesn't give any clues on this.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
1stStrike said:
I can't wait to hit the higher levels. One thing I'm wondering though is what does the "gear" do that you unlock as you level up? Game doesn't give any clues on this.
Completely cosmetic. Each gear rank slightly alters the base character models by altering the fabrics (studded apron for the Blacksmith, etc...) and adding fancier accessories (metal mask for the Doctor, jewel encrusted cross for the priest, hat for the thief, more pockets for the footpad, mask for the courtesan, etc...).

sJXrQ.jpg

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
1stStrike said:

Yeah, I've never been able to pull off a bench kill, though I've done a few from hay bales. I did get the one challenge for a perfect kill(1200 points or more) a few times thanks to poison, which I love using now.

I was in a group of 4 earlier and just wrecked shop every game, probably won 10 games straight in Manhunt and rose from level 27 to 34. You start getting a lot of cool stuff to work with, I'm a huge fan of decoy and charge since charge can be used defensively or offensively, along with templar vision and poison to get huge points on kills.

No solutions for the gradient fog on top of the screen?

The game looks perfect when I start to widen the gap between me and the person I'm supposed to be following but once within the range and even in the default free roam, it has a washed out, fogginess to it. It's unplayable for me.

iNvid02

so i haven't played online since the beta, i was hoping they left the ranks intact so i could be level 20 (from the beta) on day one but they reset them. just started getting back into it now, so much new stuff has been added. had a few questions for those who have been actively on it.

best mode to rank up fast? i think its manhunt, im getting 6-7k XP per game.

best noob setup? (im only level 11 so haven't got the good stuff yet)

why does the matchmaking still suck balls?

Ok, after researching my problem I've come across many other problems the game has. Some of which I've encountered (desynched dialogue and chopped music and of course the bullshit gradient fog).

Shame on Ubi. I knew it was a bad idea for this game to come out only a year later.

jett

D-Member
No one else enjoyed collecting flags in this game? With the maps it's no longer a pain in the ass to search for them, and several flags are in places that require you to figure out exactly how to get there. Almost puzzle-like, in a way.

Amir0x

Banned
jett said:
No one else enjoyed collecting flags in this game? With the maps it's no longer a pain in the ass to search for them, and several flags are in places that require you to figure out exactly how to get there. Almost puzzle-like, in a way.

Which ones were "puzzle-like" to figure out?

I'm glad they made a map for them - I fucking hate mindless collectathoning especially in a world as big as AC - but none of them seemed really well placed. half of them were just a short hop and skip on top of some columns, on top of some roof or just a skip off an aqueduct or something. The only ones that were even really unique were like one or two inside a Romulus tomb.

I'm just glad they added a map to these bitches.

jett

D-Member
Amir0x said:
Which ones were "puzzle-like" to figure out?

I'm glad they made a map for them - I fucking hate mindless collectathoning especially in a world as big as AC - but none of them seemed really well placed. half of them were just a short hop and skip on top of some columns, on top of some roof or just a skip off an aqueduct or something. The only ones that were even really unique were like one or two inside a Romulus tomb.

I'm just glad they added a map to these bitches.

There are a few scattered around the countryside among columns that I personally had a hard time figuring out how to reach them. :p

The glider controls... well that's one way to approach it.
I've completed DNA sequence 6 and once your recruits reach the rank of Assassin, I assume there's no point to send 'em out on contracts anymore?

gdt

Jeff Stephen said:
I've completed DNA sequence 6 and once your recruits reach the rank of Assassin, I assume there's no point to send 'em out on contracts anymore?

Money (meh) and items (depends if you're going for the shop quests).

rataven

Jeff Stephen said:
If you still have recruits of lower ranks, you can send your Assassins out on higher-level contracts with them. It'll help recruits level up much quicker and almost guarantees 100% success.

1stStrike

Banned
Man, the
glider part in the war machines was the biggest ass pain in the game IMO. I crashed that thing like 10 times before I got the controls down, and then I kept missing, so I'd have to continually circle around.
:|

I just bought myself a 40" LED tv and a sony sound bar (space constraints) with the black friday deals, so I'm going to be setting that up today and getting some more AC:B MP in. I can't wait to get to the higher ranks and get some more strategies going.

Also, I wish I could go dual pistols, or summon a fucking cannonball or something for those jack asses that run around roofs.

One thing that I've started doing is getting in with a crowd, letting it do auto-follow, and then morphing the crowd.

One of two things usually happens.

1. My pursuer kills a civilian and I'm off the hook
2. The guy I'm after walks near me and I jump out and stab them in the face.

Some guy used firecracker on me last night, though, so at least some people use the items the way they're supposed to. I've noticed that most people seem to not use items at all and just run around like jack asses, or they use them at dumb times (like throwing a smoke bomb when your pursuer is nowhere near you)

Amir0x

Banned
1stStrike said:
Man, the
glider part in the war machines was the biggest ass pain in the game IMO. I crashed that thing like 10 times before I got the controls down, and then I kept missing, so I'd have to continually circle around.
:|

I just bought myself a 40" LED tv and a sony sound bar (space constraints) with the black friday deals, so I'm going to be setting that up today and getting some more AC:B MP in. I can't wait to get to the higher ranks and get some more strategies going.

Also, I wish I could go dual pistols, or summon a fucking cannonball or something for those jack asses that run around roofs.

One thing that I've started doing is getting in with a crowd, letting it do auto-follow, and then morphing the crowd.

One of two things usually happens.

1. My pursuer kills a civilian and I'm off the hook
2. The guy I'm after walks near me and I jump out and stab them in the face.

Some guy used firecracker on me last night, though, so at least some people use the items the way they're supposed to. I've noticed that most people seem to not use items at all and just run around like jack asses, or they use them at dumb times (like throwing a smoke bomb when your pursuer is nowhere near you)

I died the first time in the glider because I didn't realize you have to set the fires to fly up yourself (in contrast to the first game, where they're set up for you)... after that, I beat it the second time without getting hit. I thought it was too easy :/

1stStrike

Banned
Once I figured out the controls I didn't get hit. What fucked me up was the inverted controls they have set by default. I cannot do shit with inverted anything.

So, once I changed those, re-learned it and adapted to how the thing works, I was OK.

I am not the most skilled gamer, though. Some people are like fuck awesome at every game the play, but I've almost always been pretty average. It's just Battlefield BC2 and and MGS4 Online that I was actually good at.

Everything else? 5 - 10 retry attempts on some harder parts isn't uncommon for me :lol

Ledsen

jett said:
There are a few scattered around the countryside among columns that I personally had a hard time figuring out how to reach them. :p

There are a few like that but even most of those are just "jump on the nearest low column and follow the 'stairs'". I really hated the flags, mostly because they have no point whatsoever. You don't get anything for finding them, they're not hard to find (they're right there on the map!) and it's incredibly obvious that they're simply meaningless filler.

Jhoan

Ledsen said:
There are a few like that but even most of those are just "jump on the nearest low column and follow the 'stairs'". I really hated the flags, mostly because they have no point whatsoever. You don't get anything for finding them, they're not hard to find (they're right there on the map!) and it's incredibly obvious that they're simply meaningless filler.

Other than a measly achievement/trophy if you're into that sort of thing (like me). I do appreciate that they added maps to make collecting those things a breeze (I didn't get all the feathers in AC2), but I don't get why they decided to add flags on top of the feathers. It seems that they took a look at AC1 again, decided that flag collecting was the "funnest" part of the game and brought it back to this game.

It's true that most people play the MP like jackasses, running on the rooftops and camping with the hidden gun. It ruins the whole point of the experience and it doesn't help that people don't coordinate their plans in Manhunt although I've never played with a mic on so that's probably part of the reason. Manhunt is the only game mode I play because the other game modes are intimidating especially with high level players who have all the cool perks and I'm level 11 I believe. They seriously gotta patch up the matchmaking system and punish people who rage quit and give more time to make balanced teams. I remember in one Manhunt match it was a team of 4 guys versus a team of me and another play. We got our asses kicked badly but I didn't rage quit.

Bebpo

Banned
jett said:

I like collect the flags, because like you say they're small platforming challenges setup throughout the map.

But there were things I didn't like about them:
-too many
-putting some of them in tombs so you had to redo the whole tomb if you want to get them (because while trying to clear them in 8 mins for full sync you likely didn't get all 3)
-clutter the map screen when trying to actually USE it to see what missions are left to do

There should have been about 30 and all on the overworld. The feathers were stupid because 10 w/maps is a joke and far too few. 10 would've been ok if there was a no map I guess. 100+ collectables just clutters the world. Especially when the entire world is only 1 city.

jett said:

Collecting shit is the reason why I'll never have the platinum/1000g in an open wolrd game.

iNvid02

Bebpo said:
I like collect the flags, because like you say they're small platforming challenges setup throughout the map.

But there were things I didn't like about them:
-too many
-putting some of them in tombs so you had to redo the whole tomb if you want to get them (because while trying to clear them in 8 mins for full sync you likely didn't get all 3)
-clutter the map screen when trying to actually USE it to see what missions are left to do

There should have been about 30 and all on the overworld. The feathers were stupid because 10 w/maps is a joke and far too few. 10 would've been ok if there was a no map I guess. 100+ collectables just clutters the world. Especially when the entire world is only 1 city.

yeah half that shit straight away, i was so close to getting the AC2 platinum before i saw the feather trophy. fuck petruccio, i like AC but i can't spend that much time collecting things

50 sounds like a good bet to me, i'd attempt this.

jett said:

Exactly, except that doesn't fly for the 18 flags in the Secret Locations. :lol Still got them though, they're not that hard to find.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Jipan said:
It's true that most people play the MP like jackasses, running on the rooftops and camping with the hidden gun. It ruins the whole point of the experience and it doesn't help that people don't coordinate their plans in Manhunt although I've never played with a mic on so that's probably part of the reason. Manhunt is the only game mode I play because the other game modes are intimidating especially with high level players who have all the cool perks and I'm level 11 I believe. They seriously gotta patch up the matchmaking system and punish people who rage quit and give more time to make balanced teams. I remember in one Manhunt match it was a team of 4 guys versus a team of me and another play. We got our asses kicked badly but I didn't rage quit.

The roof stuff is why I love manhunt. If I see a target running like a jackass I just switch targets and don't waste my time, they're not going to get any points up there. As for the gun, it can annoy me, but I also know they get shit for points...so again, nothing really to worry about. Coordination can mean a ton, the teams don't auotbalance because everyone can pick, if you're in a party of 4 you all just automatically fill up one team. And with the power of coordination, it can be BRUTAL. My squad was getting 15000-20000 in the hiding portion, you can all hide closer as a group and get +60 every few seconds to gain insane points.

As for the flags, I'm really really glad they added maps and I look forward to getting them, but I'm not a good example since I got all the flags in AC1(AWFUL) and feathers in 2.

Top Bottom