• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

Feels like they made some improvements to the MP match making over the last week? I seemed to be getting into games a lot quicker and even games half way or less through which was a bit annoying but at least got me into a game.

1stStrike

Banned
DualShadow said:
Feels like they made some improvements to the MP match making over the last week? I seemed to be getting into games a lot quicker and even games half way or less through which was a bit annoying but at least got me into a game.

Not for me. It's not uncommon for me to spend 5 - 10 minutes just trying to get to the character selection screen as I'm either waiting on other players or it's "stuck" and not doing shit. I've even seen it where it's like "waiting on other players" and there's 7 of us, all with the little dot by our names filled, and one guy that isn't ready - and like 3 or 4 minutes goes by and still nothing. Pisses me off and I end up quitting and going to another game.

McBradders said:
That's the entire point of the fucking game.

Right, you obviously don't understand anything I just said.

1stStrike said:
Not for me. It's not uncommon for me to spend 5 - 10 minutes just trying to get to the character selection screen as I'm either waiting on other players or it's "stuck" and not doing shit. I've even seen it where it's like "waiting on other players" and there's 7 of us, all with the little dot by our names filled, and one guy that isn't ready - and like 3 or 4 minutes goes by and still nothing. Pisses me off and I end up quitting and going to another game.

I still have those issues sometimes but it doesn't seem to be as often, maybe I got lucky with a few games. But that shit with being "stuck" is annoying, normally quit and find another game.

NullPointer said:
Finally finished the game after untold hours of play time.

The good:

* Borgia Towers are simply the best open world stealth gameplay I've experienced. There is variety and you can plan out your attacks and execute them in your own style.

* The assassin's guild. Just pure genius.

* The "truth" puzzles. Truly some ingenius and devious stuff. Loved everything but the last "spin the rings" puzzle. It drove me nearly insane. :lol

The bad:

* Everything else. But a special moment of hate goes out to any mission that includes the phrase "Maintain distance to target". Or missions where you can't be detected, even if you gut the one guy that saw you within a moment of being detected. There's too much handholding in the missions, too much linearity, and too many trial and error challenges.

* Shop quests and loot. Why shop quests are limited to the ones near your hideout is puzzling to me. Also, not knowing how to go about getting the particular items meant I was just relying upon chance. And since I didn't know what I would need later on I never sold any of my loot. Just a busted system overall.

I still love the game, but that's in spite of say 90% of the missions.
I'll disagree where I'll say I love the game except maybe 2-3% of it. There definitely was some missions which were kinda broken when you had to stay away from the target but you couldn't get too far either. If you got too far, the timer pops up saying you have 25 secs to get back in range, but a lot of times you could desync before the 25 seconds were up. Also, when tailing someone via horse, it was broken because its too easy to trigger the too far away desync. The other really bad hate I had was on the platforming at certain spots
near the end; the platforming system is very precise and has almost no auto aim, so it was way too easy to miss those jumps. I must've missed jumping on the 2nd switch about 8-10 times, half of them were due to aim, and half of them were because time ran out as Desmond was jumping towards the switch. In fact 3 out of the 4 times the time ran out as he was touching the switch. I don't want them to add auto aim because as Ryan O'Donnell mentioned on Rebel FM this week, it would ruin the fun of platforming. But they should have disabled the timer or made it twice as long so a normal person who wants to line up their jumps with the camera would be able to do so

1stStrike said:

Think of it this way, you've got morph, disguise, decoy and the blending mechanic which Vision is a hard counter to. As well Vision steps all over the toes of the Charge and Firecracker abilities. Do you think that fits well into the rest of the multiplayer sandbox?

hamchan

infinityBCRT said:
I'll disagree where I'll say I love the game except maybe 2-3% of it. There definitely was some missions which were kinda broken when you had to stay away from the target but you couldn't get too far either. If you got too far, the timer pops up saying you have 25 secs to get back in range, but a lot of times you could desync before the 25 seconds were up. Also, when tailing someone via horse, it was broken because its too easy to trigger the too far away desync. The other really bad hate I had was on the platforming at certain spots
near the end; the platforming system is very precise and has almost no auto aim, so it was way too easy to miss those jumps. I must've missed jumping on the 2nd switch about 8-10 times, half of them were due to aim, and half of them were because time ran out as Desmond was jumping towards the switch. In fact 3 out of the 4 times the time ran out as he was touching the switch. I don't want them to add auto aim because as Ryan O'Donnell mentioned on Rebel FM this week, it would ruin the fun of platforming. But they should have disabled the timer or made it twice as long so a normal person who wants to line up their jumps with the camera would be able to do so

Was there a timer for that? Weren't there two switches at each pillar, one fake, one real and if you pulled the fake one the platforms behind you would fall?

Finally finished it!

Disappointed by:
The ending and the truth puzzle.

Revealing the Truth in AC2 was crazy - this one I was like... ok... great...

1stStrike

Banned
McBradders said:
No, it's 100% you not understanding the game.

You're a lost cause, so I'm just going to ignore anything else you say. Thanks for your wonderful, and thought provoking input.

PedroLumpy said:
Think of it this way, you've got morph, disguise, decoy and the blending mechanic which Vision is a hard counter to. As well Vision steps all over the toes of the Charge and Firecracker abilities. Do you think that fits well into the rest of the multiplayer sandbox?

It definitely stands out. But, so does eagle vision in the single player. If it lasted any longer then 3.5 seconds (which I think is just the right amount of time) and didn't make you sparkle when you used it, then yeah, I'd say it should definitely be removed.

If anything, I think the cooldown on it should be 2 minutes. It shouldn't be a skill that you can rely on - more like a "fuck, my other skill is on cooldown, we're losing, and I just cannot find this fucking person" and then you pop it off.

I do not, however, think it should be removed from the game. At least not from standard gameplay. I'm all about a more hardcore mode which has limited abilities (which I mentioned a while back).

This way, the purists could go ahead and stand in their crowds, and everyone else can enjoy the thrill of the game.

1stStrike

Banned
hamchan said:
Was there a timer for that? Weren't there two switches at each pillar, one fake, one real and if you pulled the fake one the platforms behind you would fall?

There was a timer. I really hate any sort of timers in platforming puzzles.

1stStrike said:
There was a timer. I really hate any sort of timers in platforming puzzles.
I could understand it in optional stuff like the Assassin Tombs or the Lairs of Romulus, but it shouldn't have been like that in a main story mission, especially at a critical point in the story.

1stStrike

Banned
infinityBCRT said:
I could understand it in optional stuff like the Assassin Tombs or the Lairs of Romulus, but it shouldn't have been like that in a main story mission, especially at a critical point in the story.

Agreed. I was working on the puzzle, getting through it, fell down by accident, ran back up and - time up! Had to do it all over. I was just like "a time limit? are you fucking serious?"

I like being able to actually take my time with puzzles, and platforming in general. One thing I've never been a fan of in AC single player is being forced to sprint from one side of the map to the other on a time limit to fucking assassinate someone. It's like, you're supposed to be stealthy, line up the perfect kill and shit, and now they're telling me I have 60 seconds to find some dude and kill him. Wtf?

Ive just finished Sequence 5
I killed that fat banker at that cool party :p
and am now on sequence 6 and I always leave the animus each sequence to check emails and talk to Rebecca Shaun and Lucy.

Thing is, Lucys not there and Rebecca and Shaun are busy (as in they say stuff like "not now") Is my game just glitched, I quite like seeing what they have to say.

Theres even a symbol on the leave animus menu showing me theres something new out there?

Also - what the hell is up with the Abstergo Agents side missions?

KdoubleA

What's going on here? You guys gotta remember something. As a pursuer, your radar fills up at a large enough radius from your target to give that target enough time to counter if you're using Templar. So yes, no matter how good you are, you can still mess up using it. Templar Vision can not be abused at all. And no, it does not step on the toes of Firecracker and Power Charge. Just like Firecrackers and Charge can be countered (A Stun Charge overpowers an Attack Charge), Templar Vision can be countered. All have their strengths and weaknesses.

Does it add anything to the game? Yes, I believe it does. Charge is great if you're 100% sure your target is hiding in the group you're about to charge. However, let's assume your target is hiding in a haystack and nearby (where the radius is still lit and filled up) there's 2 groups with lookalikes to your target. Templar Vision is a good way to find out that none of those are your target and he's most likely hiding in the haystack. Now, in my case where I don't use Templar Vision, I usually check a nearby haystack first. This sometimes gives me away to my target if he's not in there and I can be countered if they act quickly (which happened to me many times when I play against great players).

I don't want to sound like a bragging ass or anything, but I consider myself and my buddies top players in the game (we're all in the Top 10 of the PSN leaderboards), and we have no problems whatsoever with Templar Vision. Also, I guarantee you there will be many times where you feel the need to use it only to find out it's still cooling down. I don't think the cool down period needs to be longer either. I do agree, however, that there are those that overly rely on it, that it fucks up their skill so much, you can't help but laugh when they're using it pursuing you.

EDIT: Actually, Strike that! Fuck Templar Vision! The more I think about it, the more I start to believe, it really is worthless :lol Talk about going 180 in mere minutes:lol

That example I used above, outs you just as well! Fuck, no wonder I don't use it at all now. Sure, me and my buddies might not have problems with it...but that's probably because it gives us free stuns lol :lol

Templar Vision sucks. Maybe it's good for the lower levels, but it basically just shows EVERYONE around you that you are their target/pursuer. If you even see someone glow near you, just run out of there or punch him (it usually takes a second to get your bearings- when shifting visions).

But I REALLY WANT TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER - Ugh, I want to be unbanned already. So obnoxious... fuck sony...

jett

D-Member
bobs99 ... said:
Ive just finished Sequence 5
I killed that fat banker at that cool party :p
and am now on sequence 6 and I always leave the animus each sequence to check emails and talk to Rebecca Shaun and Lucy.

Thing is, Lucys not there and Rebecca and Shaun are busy (as in they say stuff like "not now") Is my game just glitched, I quite like seeing what they have to say.

Theres even a symbol on the leave animus menu showing me theres something new out there?

Also - what the hell is up with the Abstergo Agents side missions?

You can check your e-mail. Lucy leaves during Sequences 5, 6 and 7 for reasons unknown. Nobody acknowledges she's missing, no one cares when she comes back. Yay for 1 yearlong dev cycles.

KdoubleA

X26 said:
roof runners pretty much killed the mp for me

I'll try to be sneaky, walk mainly and all that, and as I do so I watch as my compass stays on up and the direction changes wildly, then of course someone running after me kills me, rinse and repeat.

Finishing a game and seeing your level progress barely move despite being a low level doesn't help either

Throwing knives are great in such cases (or the hidden gun, but I don't like using it). Also, if you wanna be sneaky and get incognito kills, it doesn't mean you should always be blending and walking slowly towards your target. You can run to get closer to your target by using paths that aren't too publicly opened, that your pursuer can see you. Also, you can make use of the "whispers" you hear when your pursuer is near by, if you're not sure if your pursuer is close. You can still get a lot of points from Variety bonuses gained with the aid of ESCAPE and STUN.

1stStrike

Banned
Darknessbear: How'd you end up banned? :|

KdoubleA: Thank you for having some reason. I think some people here are just nerd raging. It's got one of the biggest drawbacks of all the skills - it makes you glow for 3.5 seconds which tells everyone in the area 'HEY GUYS! I'M RIGHT HERE! I'M ONE OF YOUR ATTACKERS! COME STUN ME!'

1stStrike

Banned
Darknessbear said:
Long story - but it was not my fault. :/

Ah, good ol long stories :) Hopefully you get unbanned soon.

I have an issue atm with the PSN movie functionality. I have a new PS3 as my old one was sold off, but I never unregistered it, and I can't access certain functions on the PSN because I still have my old PS3 registered (and have no idea how to remove it).

KdoubleA

1stStrike said:
Darknessbear: How'd you end up banned? :|

KdoubleA: Thank you for having some reason. I think some people here are just nerd raging. It's got one of the biggest drawbacks of all the skills - it makes you glow for 3.5 seconds which tells everyone in the area 'HEY GUYS! I'M RIGHT HERE! I'M ONE OF YOUR ATTACKERS! COME STUN ME!'

:( oops. I totally see where you're coming from. But I'm also coming to the realization that truly, with the other skills you have, Templar Vision isn't needed at all.

Sorry, now I look like a total Douche :lol

I also try to take advantage of the brief periods where you have no pursuers and run like crazy till I get closer to my target and then walk normally before I think i'll enter their line of sight. Seems to work pretty well.

Also does any get periods where they will have pursuers but not get a target for a while? There has been a few times while I have like 2/3 pursuers on me but I got won't get a target for a minute or more. I think it might be a bug because sometimes I won't get a target till I die.

1stStrike

Banned
KdoubleA said:
:( oops. I totally see where you're coming from. But I'm also coming to the realization that truly, with the other skills you have, Templar Vision isn't needed at all.

Sorry, now I look like a total Douche :lol

I never said anywhere that templar vision was needed. They could remove it from the game and it wouldn't hurt anything. However, it does have its uses, and I really don't see any negatives to having it there. Now and then, I like to have it as it's nice for those tiny ass, crowded maps. But, as stated previously, it reveals you to your pursuers and the odds of you getting stunned are far greater because you're twinkling like that Edward douche from twilight :p

My only issue is just with all the people that are nerd raging against it. There's really no need to. If you want something to nerd rage against, nerd rage against people who think running around roof tops in circles at max speed the entire game are playing it correctly.

KdoubleA

1stStrike said:
I never said anywhere that templar vision was needed. They could remove it from the game and it wouldn't hurt anything. However, it does have its uses, and I really don't see any negatives to having it there. Now and then, I like to have it as it's nice for those tiny ass, crowded maps. But, as stated previously, it reveals you to your pursuers and the odds of you getting stunned are far greater because you're twinkling like that Edward douche from twilight :p

My only issue is just with all the people that are nerd raging against it. There's really no need to. If you want something to nerd rage against, nerd rage against people who think running around roof tops in circles at max speed the entire game are playing it correctly.

I agree!

1stStrike said:

I wish you could swap targets or ditch targets in all game modes. But say you do it once then your stuck with the next one. Cause I really shouldn't have to chase some douche bag across roof tops cause it just reveals me to everyone as well, and I've tried waiting on the ground for them but some never leave the roof tops.

I think the worst map for this Monteriggioni.

REV 09

So i bought the crossbow. Is it on my back forever now? Looks dumb and I'd be willing to do w/o just to remove it from the player model.

REV 09 said:
So i bought the crossbow. Is it on my back forever now? Looks dumb and I'd be willing to do w/o just to remove it from the player model.

Yes. I actually liked that.
But on the other hand, I just got the brutus armor and i'm kind of disappointed by how it looks :/

LordPhoque said:
Yes. I actually liked that.
But on the other hand, I just got the brutus armor and i'm kind of disappointed by how it looks :/

That shit is ugly, as soon as I got it I put one of the skins on :lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Amir0x said:
The point of HUNTING is to have to actually hunt... if the game does all the deductive work for you, then you're not hunting. You're just having the game give you a blow job and call it a day. It doesn't matter whether you can see them too, because all hunters all ridiculously easy to spot. What matters is that they can see you, and so your only option is to a.) escape b.) smoke bomb/charge. It's a neverending lame cycle that is built on the backs of shitty players.

The hunting is just as simplified as the hiding. Just go near a group of people and you stand there talking with them, looking exactly like them. The hunters have very little to actually observe because you could walk behind a group for 5 minutes and there's not a singe sign who their target is. If they added more subtle touches such as the character's heads looking around as they move the camera around, I think it'd be better and give people something to look out for.

So for me, I just see Templar Vision to be just as "skill less" as Morph. Without the vision you have to either rely on charge to just automatically pick the right target for you which I personally think is even more useful than TV, or take a guess, and with how many people use morph and no way to distinguish NPC from player, it'd become a game of rolling the dice. I don't mind if they tweaked the vision so you couldn't move while using it or something, since when I am using it I'm perched on a building looking down to get an aeriel kill, or I'm waiting around a corner pinpointing my target so I can casually walk by and poison them.

Zapages

1stStrike said:
I roll with Altair's robes. Can't really beat them. I love the look.

Altair's Armor here... Black is in for an assassin. :)

Anyway I finished sequence 4 and 2 of lenardo's fetch quests aka war machine destruction a thon.

LordPhoque said:
Problem with the original Altair's outfit is that it has Altair's face too... I prefer Ezio <3

Yeah I noticed that as well, doesn't really bother me cause you don't see the face much in general gameplay. Altair is still missing a finger as well!

I do love the black Altair Armour though :D

DualShadow said:
That shit is ugly, as soon as I got it I put one of the skins on :lol
1stStrike said:
I roll with Altair's robes. Can't really beat them. I love the look.
Few questions:
- What skins?
- How do you get Altair's outfit in ACB?
- Do we know if that Raiden outfit is real yet?

Also - that Brutus armor IS really ugly. I'm shocked, it looked so amazing on the stand. And I'm usually not the type to hate someones artistic interpretation, but it is just ugly... concept art of it is nice though.

1stStrike

Banned
Darknessbear said:
Few questions:
- What skins?
- How do you get Altair's outfit in ACB?
- Do we know if that Raiden outfit is real yet?

Also - that Brutus armor IS really ugly. I'm shocked, it looked so amazing on the stand. And I'm usually not the type to hate someones artistic interpretation, but it is just ugly... concept art of it is nice though.

You can buy the outfits in the uplay store using the points you've accumulated in the game. There's a couple other things too - like additional bullets and the hellequin for multiplayer.

You just go into your inventory in the game to change your outfits.

And, yeah, that brutus armor is fugly. I was all excited to get it and then was sorely let down afterward.

Oh and yes the raiden outfit is real so far as I've seen. You need to bronze star ever single training exercise to get it. In the credits of the game they even mention metal gear solid's trademark.

bilde-2.jpg

Be warned that equipping outfits will kind of ruin scenes where you disguise yourself as you will still appear in the equipped outfit instead of the disguise. It totally broke the immersion during those scenes for me because of this :|

Dreavus

Jeff Stephen said:
Isn't this available for 40 uPlay points?

You might be thinking of the Hellequin - the female "clown" character. AFAIK the Harlequin - the male "clown" character - is exclusive to GS pre-orders at the moment (much to my and many others' collective annoyance)

1stStrike said:
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/11/bilde-2.jpg[IMG]

Be warned that equipping outfits will kind of ruin scenes where you disguise yourself as you will still appear in the equipped outfit instead of the disguise. It totally broke the immersion during those scenes for me because of this :|[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I was wearing the Armor of Altair from the beginning of the game and there were certain scenes that were pretty weird but I didn't make note of it until one cutscene late in the game where he removed a helmet he wasn't wearing. :lol

I guess for the next Assassin's Creed I'll be sure not to use my damn Uplay points. Jeez!

Revolutionary said:
Yeah, I was wearing the Armor of Altair from the beginning of the game and there were certain scenes that were pretty weird but I didn't make note of it until one cutscene late in the game where he removed a helmet he wasn't wearing. :lol

I guess for the next Assassin's Creed I'll be sure not to use my damn Uplay points. Jeez!

I didn't equip any skins until after I had finished the game in case this sort of thing happened :lol

But when I do a replay I'll have the skins on just for fun.

Volcynika

Which of my items can I sell when I can go to shop and 'Sell Items'? I'm not sure if I'm supposed to keep some for shop quests or something.

HYDE

Banned
Quick question, is this game like the ODST of the Assassin's Creed series, or is it an awesome and justified sequel? Please answer yes or no, and then state a quick paragraph why yes or no. Oh, and if you would recommend it at full price or wait for the drop. Oh, and I don't care for the multiplayer, so include that in your weighted opinion. Thanks. :lol

Volcynika said:
Which of my items can I sell when I can go to shop and 'Sell Items'? I'm not sure if I'm supposed to keep some for shop quests or something.

I personally didn't sell in fear of needing them later in the game :lol

But money isn't exactly tight so I didn't bother to sort of the ones I could sell.

1stStrike

Banned
Just finished up a 8 game win streak. I think I got my best kills yet - there was 3 of the hiding team all grouped up in amongst some stationary NPC's (which is really stupid as it makes all of them sitting targets) and I'm like, well I can get at least one of them, so I charged into the crowd, got my one kill, and then I'm just mashing the square button and I get kill #2, and then continuing to mash the square button I get kill #3. Got the bonus for 3 kills within 1 minute and an extra 1,200 points as a result :lol

Also, I found it amusing that this other team was popping TV left and right. They were so obvious about it though - like they'd jog up behind me while I was in a crowd, as if I couldn't notice, and then they'd pop TV, and then speed walk up to me, I'd throw a smoke bomb, stun them and run off :D too easy. If you're gonna use TV, do it on a roof or behind a wall or something so you're not fucking obvious.

But, yeah, I kept luring these guys to come after me and they kept doing the same formula over and over. I killed this lvl 44 guy, linksyst, about 5 times every match. He was like the worst player on the other team and was about double the level of everyone else :lol

Good times.

Also, I have no idea what that patch did. It'd be nice if we got some sort of patch notes from somewhere.

Top Bottom