• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

burgerdog said:
How do you do the thief/merc/courtesan quests? Every now and then I see a message saying that there's new missions available.

It's on the map, along with EVERYTHING else. Go to map, check Legend, find the right icon, mark, run...

...unless you mean the things on the chalkboard, as they just accumulate over time.

rataven

LordPhoque said:
I have a question about the total sync percentage. Does it only increase if you complete the optional objectives ?
It increases any time you complete a strand of the DNA sequence. Main story sequences and the optional stuff.
burgerdog said:
How do you do the thief/merc/courtesan quests? Every now and then I see a message saying that there's new missions available.
You have to find an NPC to initiate the quest. They're marked on your map. Courtesans are marked with a flower symbol, thiefs with a mask, etc.

1stStrike

Banned
So, after hitting level 20 I finally got 1st place for the first time (yeah, not that all impressive, I know.) But, then I got first place and stayed between 1st and 2nd for like 4 more games.

That templar vision is fucking amazing. Combine that with morph and omg, rape. Those two are a fabulous combo for manhunt.

Around my level everyone is starting to use morph. So, I get near them, throw on templar vision and stab them in the face. Or, if that's on cooldown, I walk up to a group (usually with a buddy or two on my team) and throw down my own morph. Either that results in me getting a kill, or I end up stunned, but my other team mate stabs them. Either way, they're dead.

I did have a rather hilarious moment just a little while ago playing in manhunt. I had used my morph off to the side of the map and was standing there soaking up points (we were way in the lead already in the first round) and two of the enemy team walk up to me (I thought there was just one).

The one guy throws down a firework, and I just start mashing O (I get so many stuns like this when they throw down fireworks and are working on targeting me - I usually get the stun in before they get the assassination) and I stun one of them while I'm blind.

A couple seconds later the blindness wears off and I realize there's another dude there who's just standing there - mash O some more and stun him too. Then jog off to victory :lol

Having quite a blast with this. I do have my bad times, but overall it really is a lot of fun.

Again, though, levels do make a huge difference. The lack of tools available in the beginning makes the game extremely difficult. Now that I'm a bit higher level and have more available to me I'm more flexible. Just got "charge" so gonna give that a shot soon :D

Bebpo

Banned
burgerdog said:

I'm guessing you're missing the initial quest starter trigger at each of the headquarters. Go there and talk to the glowing person and it'll put them all on your map. You have to do this twice iirc. One before and after the first set.

voltron

I know Im probably late to the part on this, but is there any solution to the white gradient thing yet?

Its distracting the fuck outta me. Only just started the game the other day and noticed the white gradient today.

NZNova

First real annoyance of the game, the
Hell on Wheels
mission. I just can't get it with perfect sync,
keep taking damage at the very end against the two tanks, even though I was absolutely sure neither of them hit me
. And now since I've already finished the mission and I'm replaying it, the old quit to main menu trick to reset to the last checkpoint doesn't work anymore :(

1stStrike

Banned
I just wish I could mute people online. People with mic's either breath into them, are fucking annoying, or just straight up retarded. I've actually started turning on my mic just so I didn't have to hear them. :|

voltron: No idea. I honestly never really had any issues with the game visually. Nothing really distracted me... maybe it's just my tv though.

Nznova: I hated that mission. I lost perfect sync early on and was just like "fuck it" and rolled through the rest. Even blew up once :lol

I spent most of the mission thinking to myself "okay, now this is way overboard. there's no way this could possible exist or function. I mean, with all that iron it's way too heavy."

I tend to analyze everything though lol.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
1stStrike said:
I just wish I could mute people online. People with mic's either breath into them, are fucking annoying, or just straight up retarded. I've actually started turning on my mic just so I didn't have to hear them. :|
There's no automute option, but there is a mute option buried within the scoreboard. IIRC, you have to press start and select Abstergo Agents for the scoreboard.

1stStrike

Banned
Killthee said:
There's no automute option, but there is a mute option buried within the scoreboard. IIRC, you have to press start and select Abstergo Agents for the scoreboard.

Oh, good to know. Pain in the ass to get to, though. You don't really have time to be fucking around in the start menu during a match.

Killthee

1stStrike said:
Oh, good to know. Pain in the ass to get to, though. You don't really have time to be fucking around in the start menu during a match.
Yeah, especially due to how short the rounds are.

1stStrike

Banned
I'll probably just keep leaving my mic on. I've got a usb cable for it plugged into my PS3 so it's perpetually charging anyway. And then if I feel like cussing someone out I can just unmute it. So, convenience factor! :D

We need to get an all GAF team and do some AC:B. I wouldn't mind the mic if it was with gaffers.

My PSN is Striketh for anyone that doesn't have me.

I'm near completion of DNA sequence #7 and does anyone else find it strange how
the thieves suspect Machiavelli to be the mole and yet he still attends the Assassin ceremonies.
:lol

Jhoan

Papercuts said:
The roof stuff is why I love manhunt. If I see a target running like a jackass I just switch targets and don't waste my time, they're not going to get any points up there. As for the gun, it can annoy me, but I also know they get shit for points...so again, nothing really to worry about. Coordination can mean a ton, the teams don't auotbalance because everyone can pick, if you're in a party of 4 you all just automatically fill up one team. And with the power of coordination, it can be BRUTAL. My squad was getting 15000-20000 in the hiding portion, you can all hide closer as a group and get +60 every few seconds to gain insane points.

As for the flags, I'm really really glad they added maps and I look forward to getting them, but I'm not a good example since I got all the flags in AC1(AWFUL) and feathers in 2.

Yeah, that's the funny thing about people running the roof; they're the ones who get spotted right away and get killed the easiest. I always play discreetly, maybe a small burst of run here and there, but I always walk. I swear, I've had a ton of close encounters with a bunch of idiots running around near me only to stun one before the others finish me off or a player will approach me for the kill and the I try to jam on the stun button before I'm gone. I played with a mic on earlier, only to hear a kid that sounded like he was 15 and another dude who was telling him to shut up because he was being annoying. Nobody seems to coordinate or at least, the people I end up playing with and I always play a public match. It seems that the people who do win are the ones that plan out everything. I'm dying to get to level 20 already because it seems that Templar vision is the key to winning and playing with guys who are level 18 and up are the most dangerous players.

That's insane. I didn't bother going out my way for the flags in AC1 and in AC2 I gave up once I got somewhere around 80 of them or so. The maps are a godsend indeed. I got all the flags with the help of a faq for the ones that I missed at the Romulus shrines. The reward is pretty stupid as it essentially has same properties as the Auditore cape
The Borgia Cape
. It wasn't really worth it, but for achievement/trophy fanatics (like me) and completionists it's worth it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Jipan said:
Yeah, that's the funny thing about people running the roof; they're the ones who get spotted right away and get killed the easiest. I always play discreetly, maybe a small burst of run here and there, but I always walk. I swear, I've had a ton of close encounters with a bunch of idiots running around near me only to stun one before the others finish me off or a player will approach me for the kill and the I try to jam on the stun button before I'm gone. I played with a mic on earlier, only to hear a kid that sounded like he was 15 and another dude who was telling him to shut up because he was being annoying. Nobody seems to coordinate or at least, the people I end up playing with and I always play a public match. It seems that the people who do win are the ones that plan out everything. I'm dying to get to level 20 already because it seems that Templar vision is the key to winning and playing with guys who are level 18 and up are the most dangerous players.

That's insane. I didn't bother going out my way for the flags in AC1 and in AC2 I gave up once I got somewhere around 80 of them or so. The maps are a godsend indeed. I got all the flags with the help of a faq for the ones that I missed at the Romulus shrines. The reward is pretty stupid as it essentially has same properties as the Auditore cape
The Borgia Cape
. It wasn't really worth it, but for achievement/trophy fanatics (like me) and completionists it's worth it.

Yeah, I always stay discreet to max out on points. I'm 34 right now and Templar Vision is definitely the most useful ability overall to me, especially since the abilities like decoy are just there to screw with you, it helps keep everything together. Charge is also great even though I neglected it for awhile, completely dominates morph and can be used on the other spectrum to stun attackers being way too obvious. I used to use morph on nearly every class but eventually players just eat it with templar vision, so the Blender perk basically does a good enough job to force the hunter to use some sort of ability since taking a lucky guess isn't a good strategy. And even if I do run into some people that like to guess lucky, they usually end up being the same people that fall for being in a hay bale next to a group of people with your character model, and then I can just use decoy from there to waste time.

Atleast 2 and Brotherhood give you SOMETHING, even if it's pointless. AC1...420 flags...getting stuck at 419 and being forced to recheck all 100 flags in the kingdom area was mind numbing, especially since I came so far I just had to do it. And the game never even acknowledges getting them all! :lol

Fuck me, I don't think I'm ever going to get this damn Abstergo Employee of the Month trophy. I'm just missing the Drop Kill bonus (AFAIK), because every time I had the chance to do it and tried, it never registered as a Drop Kill - just a regular kill. I guess I'm supposed to be leaning over the edge for it to count (which is dumb, IMO - if you're right by the ledge but not leaning it should still count).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Revolutionary said:
Fuck me, I don't think I'm ever going to get this damn Abstergo Employee of the Month trophy. I'm just missing the Drop Kill bonus (AFAIK), because every time I had the chance to do it and tried, it never registered as a Drop Kill - just a regular kill. I guess I'm supposed to be leaning over the edge for it to count (which is dumb, IMO - if you're right by the ledge but not leaning it should still count).

I wish you could see which ones you've earned, I have no idea if I've ever gotten that before. I'm atleast pretty sure I've never gotten Extreme Variety, that seems pretty damn hard.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Revolutionary said:

Yeah you the killer have to be gripping a ledge and the victim has to be looking downward, if he is not you will do an animation of jumping off the ledge and pouncing onto him on the base he was standing on

The thing that will kill you getting the trophy is the Greater/Extreme Variety, that means 15 different bonuses earned with-in a game

Only Kill & Action bonus counts, it's fucking hard, it means get a kill, with these actions included (no repeats) acrobatic, hidden, incognito, silent, discreet, stun, double stun, escape, double escape, triple escape, drop kill, poison, intercept, revenge, etc.

You gotta keep a manual checklist, game doesn't do you any favors of how many of each style you have gotten

Charles

I might have a problem, I've beaten the game and did all the Romulus lair quests, but I wasn't given the trophies for discovering two of them (two of the Sanctuaries that is). Anyone else have this problem, and how do you fix it?

I've tried replaying the sequences in the DNA menu, but nothing yet.

1stStrike said:
So, after hitting level 20 I finally got 1st place for the first time (yeah, not that all impressive, I know.) But, then I got first place and stayed between 1st and 2nd for like 4 more games.

That templar vision is fucking amazing. Combine that with morph and omg, rape. Those two are a fabulous combo for manhunt.

Around my level everyone is starting to use morph. So, I get near them, throw on templar vision and stab them in the face. Or, if that's on cooldown, I walk up to a group (usually with a buddy or two on my team) and throw down my own morph. Either that results in me getting a kill, or I end up stunned, but my other team mate stabs them. Either way, they're dead.

I did have a rather hilarious moment just a little while ago playing in manhunt. I had used my morph off to the side of the map and was standing there soaking up points (we were way in the lead already in the first round) and two of the enemy team walk up to me (I thought there was just one).

The one guy throws down a firework, and I just start mashing O (I get so many stuns like this when they throw down fireworks and are working on targeting me - I usually get the stun in before they get the assassination) and I stun one of them while I'm blind.

A couple seconds later the blindness wears off and I realize there's another dude there who's just standing there - mash O some more and stun him too. Then jog off to victory :lol

Having quite a blast with this. I do have my bad times, but overall it really is a lot of fun.

Again, though, levels do make a huge difference. The lack of tools available in the beginning makes the game extremely difficult. Now that I'm a bit higher level and have more available to me I'm more flexible. Just got "charge" so gonna give that a shot soon :D

As you level up does matchmaking try and match you against people at your level?

Im like a level 15ish right now I think and im not really looking forward to the possibility of playing against people with templar vision, it just seems a bit of a game breaker, no matter how stealthy you can be or no matter how smart you use your perks your gonna get spotted. :/

As much as I love Brotherhood, I think its time the developers moved on from the mechanics and set peices. AC2 was a HUGE step up from AC1 but Brotherhood feels like an expansion pack, and one that sort of fails to capture the magic of AC2. It was a chance for them to try out multiplayer and that was a success in my eyes.

BUT now I just want a fully fledged sequel, and I WANT it to have a 3 year development cycle, I want a game thats as big a step up as AC2 was. I want a new setting and assassin and I kind of want them to strip away some of the stuff they added in AC2. Each timezone should feel 'different'.

Theres rumours that AC3 is coming in 2011 and I just dont see how it can be all that different if its just had a 1 year dev cycle, I sort of hope AC3 has been in development since AC2 went out the door and Brotherhood was built by a smaller team or something like that.

KdoubleA

bobs99 ... said:
As you level up does matchmaking try and match you against people at your level?

Im like a level 15ish right now I think and im not really looking forward to the possibility of playing against people with templar vision, it just seems a bit of a game breaker, no matter how stealthy you can be or no matter how smart you use your perks your gonna get spotted. :/

Templar Vision is far from game breaking. On the contrary, at high level play, it makes you vulnerable if you're not using it wisely. When you use it, you're glowing, making your target (if they're paying attention) see you coming a mile away, giving them a chance to either run away, or run up to you and stun you if they got smoke, charge, etc.

I myself don't use templar anymore. If I wanna pick out someone in a morphed crowd I use Charge.

1stStrike

Banned
bobs99 ... said:

As much as I love Brotherhood, I think its time the developers moved on from the mechanics and set peices. AC2 was a HUGE step up from AC1 but Brotherhood feels like an expansion pack, and one that sort of fails to capture the magic of AC2. It was a chance for them to try out multiplayer and that was a success in my eyes.

BUT now I just want a fully fledged sequel, and I WANT it to have a 3 year development cycle, I want a game thats as big a step up as AC2 was. I want a new setting and assassin and I kind of want them to strip away some of the stuff they added in AC2. Each timezone should feel 'different'.

Theres rumours that AC3 is coming in 2011 and I just dont see how it can be all that different if its just had a 1 year dev cycle, I sort of hope AC3 has been in development since AC2 went out the door and Brotherhood was built by a smaller team or something like that.

Yeah, as stated previously templar vision is a double edged sword. I only use it when I'm in one of those maps with shit tons of NPC's and I just cannot tell who's who. I think everyone on the other team was using morph at one point because there was like 30 harlequin NPC's in the center of the map, so I had to use it there.

I'm probably going to use charge and templar vision for now. Both are quite handy when used right. Templar vision, even at high level play, can still be great if you use it carefully - like if you're pretty sure your target is below you but can't pick them out, just throw on templar and then do a aerial kill.

As far as the matchmaking, it seems pretty decent so far. There have been a few matches where I ended up with some people that were ranked high above me (even a lvl 50), but for the most part it tends to be people around my level. Last night I was the highest level in a match though (the next highest was 14 with the rest being like 4, 7, 11, etc.) and the difference was definitely apparent. I don't know if it was the lack of experience or tools on their part, but I dominated them for 4 games straight before I decided to leave.

Amir0x

Banned
1stStrike said:

Templar Vision is the #1 thing they need to remove in future AC Multiplayer. It's a hide-and-seek game type, and they have an ability that instantly removes the skill the hunter requires to actually find their target. Then, as soon as it's used, the hunted must automatically escape or smoke bomb and try to find another hide spot. If they can't remove it, they need to scale it back - maybe when using it, the user moves really slowly. I don't know. But any skill-breaker like that is not good. At lvl50, it remains the lamest ability.

1stStrike

Banned
Templar vision really isn't that terrible. You have to know where they're at first as it only lasts 3.5 seconds. If you use it blindly you probably won't find them.

GraveRobberX said:
Yeah you the killer have to be gripping a ledge and the victim has to be looking downward, if he is not you will do an animation of jumping off the ledge and pouncing onto him on the base he was standing on

The thing that will kill you getting the trophy is the Greater/Extreme Variety, that means 15 different bonuses earned with-in a game

Only Kill & Action bonus counts, it's fucking hard, it means get a kill, with these actions included (no repeats) acrobatic, hidden, incognito, silent, discreet, stun, double stun, escape, double escape, triple escape, drop kill, poison, intercept, revenge, etc.

You gotta keep a manual checklist, game doesn't do you any favors of how many of each style you have gotten
I'm fairly sure I've gotten Extreme Variety already - or hope so, at least. I've seen Greater Variety pop at least 50 times early in the match and such but I never actually noticed if Extreme popped. Shit, I hope so.

But yeah, seems I was misunderstanding the Drop Kill, then. I thought it was something akin of stepping on his foot and dropping him to his death - you're making it sound as though I just have to be climbing alongside him or something to do it. In that case, I'm certain I've gotten those kills before.

One more bonus I have a question about is Grounded. Does this mean I have to knock them to the ground and then kill them? I don't recall getting it before.

rataven

Revolutionary said:
One more bonus I have a question about is Grounded. Does this mean I have to knock them to the ground and then kill them? I don't recall getting it before.
It's dependent on your target being stunned by their target. They'll be immobile on the ground for a few seconds. Just assassinate them with a kick to the stomach before they get up (not sure how that kills em, but it's fun for a laugh).
gamerecks said:
Anyone here about a fix for the Trophies missing issue?
I didn't get my trophy for completing one of the lairs or for the wishing well. Ubi's technical support forum is full of people complaining. Seems common, so hopefully they'll fix it somehow.

Killthee

Revolutionary said:
I'm fairly sure I've gotten Extreme Variety already - or hope so, at least. I've seen Greater Variety pop at least 50 times early in the match and such but I never actually noticed if Extreme popped. Shit, I hope so.

But yeah, seems I was misunderstanding the Drop Kill, then. I thought it was something akin of stepping on his foot and dropping him to his death - you're making it sound as though I just have to be climbing alongside him or something to do it. In that case, I'm certain I've gotten those kills before.

Yeah you have to do a pulldown from a ledge to get Drop Kill. If you're along side him and kill him you'll get acrobatic, he must be standing and you must be on the ledge.

As for Grounded, I think you can only get it in Alliance. Your targets target must stun him and then you have to kill him while he's in the ground.

gamerecks said:
Anyone here about a fix for the Trophies missing issue?

I pretty blatantly got some trophies that arent showing on my list.
Reinstalling the game did it for me. Delete the game data and then reinstall before installing the patch (I actually skipped the patch). If they're multi trophies they should just pop up after a round. Single player trophies I believe you have to start a second save and redo the requirements, not sure if you can get them by replaying memories.

rataven said:
It's dependent on your target being stunned by their target. They'll be immobile on the ground for a few seconds. Just assassinate them with a kick to the stomach before they get up (not sure how that kills em, but it's fun for a laugh).
Ah, I see. No wonder I haven't done it. I rarely play Wanted, mostly just Manhunt.

EDIT: Oh god not Alliance. I hate that mode. :( It's a clusterfuck. And oohh I get Drop Kill now. :lol Don't know why that never occured to me.

Killthee

Revolutionary said:
Ah, I see. No wonder I haven't done it. I rarely play Wanted, mostly just Manhunt.

EDIT: Oh god not Alliance. I hate that mode. :( It's a clusterfuck.
I guess you could get it in Wanted, but it's much easier in Alliance since everyone has a set target and pursuer.

rataven

Revolutionary said:

EDIT: Oh god not Alliance. I hate that mode. :( It's a clusterfuck. And oohh I get Drop Kill now. :lol Don't know why that never occured to me.
You can get it in Wanted. The opportunity isn't incrediably common, but you'll get your chance. I've managed it a few times.

1stStrike

Banned
I just got a grounded kill in wanted. Someone had stunned their pursuer, who happened to be my target, and I jumped then while they were down.

Also, playing against higher levels is crazy. I think everyone on the attacking team I was just against was using templar vision lol

crispyben

GAF, I'm finally about to get started with this, but I downloaded and installed the Copernicus DLC before I installed the main game... Is this known to cause a problem with the missions not showing up or something?

jett

D-Member
crispyben said:
GAF, I'm finally about to get started with this, but I downloaded and installed the Copernicus DLC before I installed the main game... Is this known to cause a problem with the missions not showing up or something?

No? Copernicus mission will show up later.

crispyben

jett said:
No? Copernicus mission will show up later.
OK, I was asking because the game still says I can download it in the DLC section of the main menu, so I'm a bit wary of having screwed things up by doing it backwards...

Sai

Hope that Copernicus DLC pops up on the 360 Marketplace one day. :/

That, and the Harlequin... I want everything. :lol

Amir0x

Banned
1stStrike said:
Templar vision really isn't that terrible. You have to know where they're at first as it only lasts 3.5 seconds. If you use it blindly you probably won't find them.

And oh you always do know the general area your foes are at because, surprise, there's a glowing arrow that leads you to them! If you use Templar Vision incorrectly it's because you're probably mentally handicapped. It's nearly impossible to use wrong.

It's a crutch for shit players.

1stStrike

Banned
You're not guaranteed a kill even with the radar and templar vision. You spout so much hate for it, but it sounds like you're the one getting owned. Try adapting. When they use templar vision they're lit up like a christmas tree so you already know where they are. Either charge them and knock their asses out or throw down a smoke bomb or firework. Most of the people that use templar vision just stand out in the open like retards and make it blatantly obvious they're looking for you.

Amir0x

Banned
1stStrike said:
You're not guaranteed a kill even with the radar and templae vision. You spout so much hate for it, but it sounds like you're the one getting owned. Try adapting. When they use templar vision they're lit up like a christmas tree so you already know where they are. Either charge them and knock their asses out or throw down a smoke bomb or firework. Most of the people that use templar vision just stand out in the open like retards and make it blatantly obvious they're looking for you.

Sorry it's skill-less bullshit and your explanation says "hey, I'm a player who has become overly reliant on it myself and thus have to make excuses for it." It's not about getting owned (I mean, I'm lvl 50 and am a pretty high rank on the leaderboards) - you immediately HAVE to escape. Your cover is instantly blown. You waste the trouble to hide, only to have it unravel because the templar vision 100% gives your position away. There's no effective way to confuse the one using Templar Vision, you either smoke bomb/charge or escape.

The point of HUNTING is to have to actually hunt... if the game does all the deductive work for you, then you're not hunting. You're just having the game give you a blow job and call it a day. It doesn't matter whether you can see them too, because all hunters all ridiculously easy to spot. What matters is that they can see you, and so your only option is to a.) escape b.) smoke bomb/charge. It's a neverending lame cycle that is built on the backs of shitty players.

Amir0x said:
Sorry it's skill-less bullshit and your explanation says "hey, I'm a player who has become overly reliant on it myself and thus have to make excuses for it." It's not about getting owned (I mean, I'm lvl 50 and am a pretty high rank on the leaderboards) - you immediately HAVE to escape. Your cover is instantly blown. You waste the trouble to hide, only to have it unravel because the templar vision 100% gives your position away. There's no effective way to confuse the one using Templar Vision, you either smoke bomb/charge or escape.

The point of HUNTING is to have to actually hunt... if the game does all the deductive work for you, then you're not hunting. You're just having the game give you a blow job and call it a day. It doesn't matter whether you can see them too, because all hunters all ridiculously easy to spot. What matters is that they can see you, and so your only option is to a.) escape b.) smoke bomb/charge. It's a neverending lame cycle that is built on the backs of shitty players.

I agree with this 100% It just seems like a crutch, it seems like it takes away EVERYTHING that the game is built on.

because all hunters all ridiculously easy to spot.

Im a relativly new player, and I tend to find that I struggle to spot when im getting hunted. I love the free for all mode because your always getting hunted, and I tend to find that if I see someone acting odd I RUN. But generally when im slowly making my way towards my target its hard to spot the hunter, how do you guys do it - do you spin the camera around you every so often or something?

bobs99 ... said:
I agree with this 100% It just seems like a crutch, it seems like it takes away EVERYTHING that the game is built on.

Im a relativly new player, and I tend to find that I struggle to spot when im getting hunted. I love the free for all mode because your always getting hunted, and I tend to find that if I see someone acting odd I RUN. But generally when im slowly making my way towards my target its hard to spot the hunter, how do you guys do it - do you spin the camera around you every so often or something?

It's super easy to spot a hunter/pursuer when you're blended into a moving group, cause you can freely move the camera and spot individuals following your group, especially around corners and such.

rataven

Have to agree with Ami on this one. Templar vision really seems like a wash in the end. Sure, I've been assassinated by someone using it a few times, but I've escaped just as often, if not more so, after seeing someone light up nearby with that distinctive glow. At level 46, I'm still sticking with smoke bombs accompanied with disguise or poison. They've served me well.

I still haven't touched the MP. I kinda burned out a little bit, but just plugging away I've suddenly found myself at 85% sync.

Oh and a question, how do I disarm Papal Guards? Unlike the Brutes Taunting them doesn't work?

rataven

Die Squirrel Die said:
Oh and a question, how do I disarm Papal Guards? Unlike the Brutes Taunting them doesn't work?
I might be wrong, but I don't think you can. Best to get them in an execution streak, or give yourself some distance and shoot them with the crossbow.

rataven said:
I might be wrong, but I don't think you can. Best to get them in an execution streak, or give yourself some distance and shoot them with the crossbow.

The mission's full sync specifically said to disarm them. I did it but I have no idea how, it just worked one time.

X26

Banned
roof runners pretty much killed the mp for me

I'll try to be sneaky, walk mainly and all that, and as I do so I watch as my compass stays on up and the direction changes wildly, then of course someone running after me kills me, rinse and repeat.

Finishing a game and seeing your level progress barely move despite being a low level doesn't help either

1stStrike said:

The question isn't whether it's terrible, it's whether it adds to the game or not. I don't think it brings anything to the table that another skill doesn't already cover.

1stStrike

Banned
It's a safe way to recon. The only safe way. Everyone and their mom is using morph right now. So, if I walk up to a group and throw down a firework, it's now a gamble at that point. Do I get my target first, or do they get me just by blindly mashing O?

3/4 of the time I manage to stun my target before they're able to target and assassinate me just by mashing O while the fireworks has me blinded. I've even assassinated quite a few targets while blinded by fireworks myself, so it goes both ways.

On the attacking side, there's other alternatives, certainly. I can throw a firework, and then a smoke bomb if my target tries to flee. I can simply charge into a crowd of look-alikes and get them every time. I can shoot them. It's auto-aim and you can't really get away from it unless you get lucky and realize that you're being aimed at. And there's a bunch of skills I haven't even gotten yet - like poison.

But, at this point in the game, everyone is relying on a skill. Play a few games at the higher levels without using a single skill the entire time and let me know how you do in comparison to games where you do use skills. They all have their purpose, and used properly they each give you an advantage over your target, whether you're a pursuer or the pursued.

Amirox seems to think that I live and die by it because I'm defending it, but I use it only in maps that have huge fucking crowds of NPC's. Sometimes it's just so cluttered it's damn near impossible to tell who's who. It doesn't help when you have 3 out of 4 people on the other team using morph and there's now about 25 - 30 of their NPC's all over the map.

Needless to say, templar vision is great for situations with lots of clutter. There's people that do abuse it, and can't do anything without it, certainly, but there's always something in every game.

Look at MGS4's online play, for any of you that played it. Anyone ever play team sneak? How about those night vision goggles, eh? Let's you see everyone on the map that was stealthed. Whoever got the night vision goggles first was pretty much guaranteed 1st place every match unless they sucked or got unlucky. I used them a few times and it was like shooting fish in a barrel. People would be laying on the ground, or crawling slowly to their target and I'd just walk up and pop them all with my AK-47 and move onto the next. And there was no time limit - you could wear them indefinitely.

So yeah, templar vision can definitely spoil things a bit for the defending team, but I've never seen a team win just by relying on templar vision. As has been said already, they light up when they use it - they sparkle like one of those fucking Twilight vampires - can't miss em. You can easily charge and knock their asses out, or throw down a smoke bomb - or whatever other method you prefer.

Apparently the issue is breaking your cover, so I guess Amirox's idea of a fun game is to get into a crowd and stand there for 5 minutes without moving and without any sort of challenge.

You don't need a video game for that, dude. You can just go find a group of random people and stand there in silence IRL.

Top Bottom