• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

paparazzo

Man, reading this thread is like torture. Two weeks ago I was having a blast with the game until my PS3 decided to break again. Reliability this gen has been awful.

Nine more days til Slim...

Harpuia

Ugh, does anyone know where is the glyph in that giant castle near the Vatican? (Forgot the name of it) I've been looking for it FOREVER and it tells me its inside the castle somewhere, and I just can't find it.

Run along the first set of parapets that you hit after climbing up through the courtyard. It's the one with a guard, a pile of hay, and a window along the first side of the Castello cliff face that you see. It's underneath that window.

Basically -- glide into the courtyard like you normally do to get into the Castello now that it's gated off. Climb the ladder. Then climb up to the top of the first wall that encircles the Castello. Look directly at the Castello.

iNvid02

#3 | Animus Project Update 2.0 | January 2011 | PS3 + 360 | Free
The Animus Project Update 2.0 includes a brand-new game mode and brand new map for Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer. The Pienza Map provides a new free-running playground where predators and targets can blend and disappear.
In the new Chest Capture Multiplayer Mode two teams comprised of three players each partner with fellow Templars to either defend or capture Chests. Also included is the new Templar Score feature to reward diligent work by Abstergo recruits.

KdoubleA

iNvidious01 said:
The Animus Project Update 2.0 includes a brand-new game mode and brand new map for Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer. The Pienza Map provides a new free-running playground where predators and targets can blend and disappear.
In the new Chest Capture Multiplayer Mode two teams comprised of three players each partner with fellow Templars to either defend or capture Chests. Also included is the new Templar Score feature to reward diligent work by Abstergo recruits.

Great news!

_Isaac said:
If you choose Play Now, the it will put you in whatever available game they have regardless of the mode. If you choose Ranked you can then select your mode like Wanted, Manhunt, etc on the next screen. I would recommend choosing Play Now anyway because I have found that choosing Ranked takes forever to get an actual game started.
Sweet, so when picking Play Now does the game just pick a random game type or is there only one game type for that setting? If so, which one?

iNvidious01 said:

That sounds interesting.

Is there an Advanced Manhunt mode yet?

MjFrancis

Seriously, AC:B, you give me 100 of 101 flags, and the last one is somewhere in the fucking dungeons? Come on!

I could have sworn that I grabbed three in each one. I suppose I may retrace my steps, unless someone has a good idea of where the last one may have eluded me at.

Amir0x

Banned
iNvidious01 said:

oh shi- at chest capture :O

They gonna have the compass for chest capture? In theory with an objective to force people into a certain area they wouldn't need to have it. Would make Decoy pretty good.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
MjFrancis said:
Seriously, AC:B, you give me 100 of 101 flags, and the last one is somewhere in the fucking dungeons? Come on!

I could have sworn that I grabbed three in each one. I suppose I may retrace my steps, unless someone has a good idea of where the last one may have eluded me at.
Just open up the DNA menu and go over to the Secret Location section under the Flag strand. That section will show you which dungeon the flag is in.

_Isaac

Incitemaybe said:
Sweet, so when picking Play Now does the game just pick a random game type or is there only one game type for that setting? If so, which one?

It picks a random mode. That might not be as bad as it sounds though. It shows the mode on the loading screen. If it's not what you like, just cancel out and click Play Again...again until you get a mode you like.

MjFrancis

Killthee said:
Just open up the DNA menu and go over to the Secret Location section under the Flag strand. That section will show you which dungeon the flag is in.
Thanks, I never would have found that otherwise. I missed the very first flag in the Terme di Traiano. It would have been a waste had I bothered to gather one hundred flags and simply gave up on one more.

I'm up to 63.80% synchronization, though, but I don't know if I'll try for 100%. I might call a 900/1000 gamerscore close enough. :lol

MjFrancis

Tkawsome said:
Is it possible to fire assassins? I want an all girl kill squad and this one dude is cramping my style.
You could send him on a suicide misson if his level is low enough. Something under 10% if you can.

Mm, I am confused, I have played like 2 hours maybe, and am already at like 16% sync (forgot the exact number, I just
left some cave with wolfmen hiding in it
). Is the game that short? (not that it would be a bad thing, playing AC2 and this back to back might have been a bad idea.

Also.. only
10 glyphs to find? the number of clusters seem to be 10

So far a bit disappointed. Not because it's samey, but because the exposition was pretty poor. Also they don't seem to explain how to play (i know it doesn't matter since i just played AC2, but i find it bizarre to start with lots of weapons and barely be told about how you play around).

Ah, final questions:
A) is there any in-game reason to improve sync?
B) does matchmaking tend to make you play against ppl your level?

Ledsen

harriet the spy said:
Mm, I am confused, I have played like 2 hours maybe, and am already at like 16% sync (forgot the exact number, I just
). Is the game that short? (not that it would be a bad thing, playing AC2 and this back to back might have been a bad idea.

Also.. only

So far a bit disappointed. Not because it's samey, but because the exposition was pretty poor. Also they don't seem to explain how to play (i know it doesn't matter since i just played AC2, but i find it bizarre to start with lots of weapons and barely be told about how you play around).

Ah, final questions:

If you do all the side missions the game is ~30 hours long. So no, it's not short at all.

Flipyap

Tkawsome said:
Is it possible to fire assassins? I want an all girl kill squad and this one dude is cramping my style.
Heh, I had the same idea (and I'm sure it's exactly what Ezio would do ;), so I've sent a couple of my ugly dudes on difficult assignments (7% chance).
10 minutes later, I got a free spot in the guild.
15 minutes later, much to my surprise, "mission successful" popped up. Still can't stand that guy's face, but his survival skills impressed me, so he's a permanent member of my girly stab team.

harriet the spy said:

Also.. only

Ah, final questions:

To be fair the single player is relativly short, you still have a ways to go though. The real meat of the game comes from all the 'side' stuff. Which is actually so good that it could be the main part of most games.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I just started playing the online this week and man wanted is so awesome.

Good to play something different than shooters or sports online.

Flipyap said:
Heh, I had the same idea (and I'm sure it's exactly what Ezio would do ;), so I've sent a couple of my ugly dudes on difficult assignments (7% chance).
10 minutes later, I got a free spot in the guild.
15 minutes later, much to my surprise, "mission successful" popped up. Still can't stand that guy's face, but his survival skills impressed me, so he's a permanent member of my girly stab team.

LMAO, now THAT'S emergent storytelling.

So I remember asking about this a while ago, and I finally figured out how to do the move where Ezio shoots 2 people at once in one of the trailers. While your doing killstreaks you hold X instead of tapping it, it only works with the sword out as far as I can tell, but he sort of executes the guy you point the stick at with a sword and shoots a random other guy nearby, I ended up killing a civilian the first time I figured it out. :lol

Ultimatly its a bit fidgety and isnt really worth it, so no wonder they didnt really advertise it too much, its cool when you have 2 people lined up because he shoots them both, otherwise its a bit meh.

Anyone figure out the crossbow to the face move after flooring an enemy yet?

Oh my god is that whispering thing ever useful. Thanks for whoever mentioned it. I don't even have to wait for jackasses to use templar vision now.

Fuck this game. Goddam. Now being at level 45 I just keep joining games filled with 50's and they are all pro's. All I keep getting is 2nd-3rd every fucking time. I can't get first.

It's no fun anymore... ugh. And these guys just run up to me and get 600 points for killing me, howwww the f!!

Ok, I am warming up to the game a lot. You can tell it has been rushed out a bit (especially the main story line missions feel very disconnected). It really is very good :)
I love the borgia towers. I did as many as I could in section 2 (or was it 3? the one where i unlock thieves courtesans and bla bla). I even did a difficulty 5 all by myself (no brotherhood), without alerting a single guard. I thought it was rated 1-100, so that 5 was super easy :D
Simply snuck around, found the captain patrolling somewhere, shot it from a high tower with my gun, at the very limit of possible distance. felt fucking awesome.

I am worried, though, is there really that few towers? ten-ish in rome, then that' sover? I have only a few left.

Also just got my first assassins, and sending them around for missions is fun.

Ah, and I had asked before, but I don't think someone answered- is there a point in getting 100% besides that trophy?

iNvid02

Darknessbear said:
Fuck this game. Goddam. Now being at level 45 I just keep joining games filled with 50's and they are all pro's. All I keep getting is 2nd-3rd every fucking time. I can't get first.

It's no fun anymore... ugh. And these guys just run up to me and get 600 points for killing me, howwww the f!!

im bringing out a pro-tips vid soon, i'll post here when its up.

iNvidious01 said:
im bringing out a pro-tips vid soon, i'll post here when its up.
Yea that would be helpful. I think there are a lot of little "exploitable" things you can do to boost your score.

The one I do is if there is someone hiding in a group (and you know which one it is), lock on, walk up, smoke bomb, wait for focus to fill up, poison, hide in some hay/bench (so they can't get the knock out). If you do that right you'll get 1k+ every time. Once someone did that to me for 2,100 points...

Argh. When this game works, it's amazing. But when all the busted BS comes out in quick succession, it's incredibly aggravating.

Stunned by smoke when I was clearly not 'touching' the ring. Check.

Flashbang had zero effect within range? Check.

Looking STRAIGHT AT A MOTHERFUCKER AND NOT ALLOWED TO ASSASSINATE HIM? Check.

One match was enough to tonight. Still pulled out the win though, so the streak continues. 26-0 :D

iNvid02

Sometimes i use the mute ability and someone still kills me (i know it lasts literally for only a second) but i know how to use it, and they still kill me. That's my sign that the game has lag, and its time to leave

iNvidious01 said:
Sometimes i use the mute ability and someone still kills me (i know it lasts literally for only a second) but i know how to use it, and they still kill me. That's my sign that the game has lag, and its time to leave
Yes, the mute is totally worthless - because it's not dependable. I find that it RARELY works when I'm in a hiding place. If I'm hiding in some hay, and they are almost too me I blast it off and then they just jump in and kill me right after I do it. I think lag plays a heavy toll on that ability and if you are not host it wont be reliable.

Darknessbear said:
Yes, the mute is totally worthless - because it's not dependable. I find that it RARELY works when I'm in a hiding place. If I'm hiding in some hay, and they are almost too me I blast it off and then they just jump in and kill me right after I do it. I think lag plays a heavy toll on that ability and if you are not host it wont be reliable.

Um guys...mute doesn't protect you from standard shanking kills. That's not the point of the ability. It disables the oppositions ABILITIES. So they can't use throwing knives, templar vision, sprint boost, poison, flashbang, charge, etc.

Just running up to you and stabbing you is still very much an option for them.

I use mute all the time when I'm hidden and see an enemy in range looking around for me. Prevents them from using abilities to pick me out (like flashbang of templar vision) or charge, and then I can use a smoke bomb or a throwing knife to stun or cripple them so I can make my getaway.

The Antitype said:
Um guys...mute doesn't protect you from standard shanking kills. That's not the point of the ability. It disables the oppositions ABILITIES. So they can't use throwing knives, templar vision, sprint boost, poison, flashbang, charge, etc.

Just running up to you and stabbing you is still very much an option for them.

I use mute all the time when I'm hidden and see an enemy in range looking around for me. Prevents them from using abilities to pick me out (like flashbang of templar vision) or charge, and then I can use a smoke bomb or a throwing knife to stun or cripple them so I can make my getaway.
Why'd you message me this? :p

Are you sure? Im pretty sure it disables them from being able to stun or kill you also.

*added* yea look:
Mute "silences" all characters around you, stopping them from killing, stunning or using their abilities on you. This is best used if you think a pursuer is in disguise near you and is about to attack. It has a larger radius of effect than that of the smoke bomb ability but does not stun anyone enabling players to run away. Mute however does not reveal players in disguise and any players entering the area after the ability is used can still use their abilities. The duration is 1 second, with a 90 second cool down.

So you know as well how poor it is with lag. :D And there is no way it last only one second - what could be the point? Smoke bomb totally destroys it. They should switch Smoke Bomb w/ Mute making SB higher level.

LMAO, I didn't even realize that.

I don't think mute has EVER stopped me from shanking somebody.

In many cases, I would try to poison, but be muted, and respond with 'well fuck it, I'll just stab him' and it would be fine.

Weird.

Rikyfree

mysticwhip said:
Doed this game have custom soundtracks for the PS3 version?
I doubt it does, but since I don't have it (yet) I can't answer definitively. I would love to be proven wrong, though. Anyone know??

I lucked out today. Went to Best Buy with a 20 dollar coupon and saw Brotherhood on sale for 35 bucks. Turns out it was an ad for next week they accidentally put out, so they still gave it to me at that price.

15 dollar Assassins Creed. Awesome.

The Antitype said:
LMAO, I didn't even realize that.

I don't think mute has EVER stopped me from shanking somebody.

In many cases, I would try to poison, but be muted, and respond with 'well fuck it, I'll just stab him' and it would be fine.

Weird.

The thing is, Mute only affects the opponent for 1.5 seconds, so by the time you have approached your target after being muted its likely the affect has gone. :lol

I did have fun using a mute class and stunning people who got close, but 1.5 seconds means you have to let them get well within assassination range to use it to stun. By then its a crapshoot. Smoke bombs seem better in every way.

iNvid02

im about 5 stuns away from long lasting mute which only adds a second on i think (so 2.5 seconds) so hopefully it should be easier now. If you get into a game with a good connection then mute is great

I used mute all the time to setup a stun on my pursuer when they're approaching my blend spot. It works a little better with the lag than the smokebomb since mute has a longer range. Assuming you immediately move towards them to stun them you should be fine to get the stun off in time.

JUST MAKE SURE YOU'RE NOT LOCKED ONTO SOMEONE ELSE. Fuck I've died so many times because of that. Should be able to stun your pursuer regardless of who you have locked.

iNvidious01 said:
im about 5 stuns away from long lasting mute which only adds a second on i think (so 2.5 seconds) so hopefully it should be easier now. If you get into a game with a good connection then mute is great
Does it work for you when you are hiding in hay or on a bench? It works decently when I'm standing in a group and the guy is near by - but never had it work when they are near me while I'm hidden in hay.

The only benefit I see with Mute over Smoke Bomb is that it's less noticeable... but 1.5seconds compared to what 4? Plus they can't move, plus anyone that comes after you set it off will be stunned makes Smoke Bomb infinitely better.

iNvid02

Darknessbear said:
Does it work for you when you are hiding in hay or on a bench? It works decently when I'm standing in a group and the guy is near by - but never had it work when they are near me while I'm hidden in hay.

The only benefit I see with Mute over Smoke Bomb is that it's less noticeable... but 1.5seconds compared to what 4? Plus they can't move, plus anyone that comes after you set it off will be stunned makes Smoke Bomb infinitely better.

i have a smoke bomb on hand too, almost always. in manhunt for example i usually get a surprise stun on the stupid people who are too slow to press square, then get a mute-stun on the team mate, and then when the original guy gets up throw a smoke bomb and get the 3rd stun :lol

Darknessbear said:

It's all down to the range. Mute is 6 meters I believe. Now for me, with the lag I get in this game, that extra distance means everything. I couldn't reliably hit people with the smokebomb before they assassinated me because that lag window was too big. So by all means, if you never have that problem with the smokebomb, then stick with the smokebomb.

Although right now I'm experimenting with charge. I've only used it in a couple rounds, but so far, any pursuer I've used it on hasn't been able to counter the stun. If it turns out that you can't counter a stun from the charge ability, I'd recommend that.

Charge is probably the most overpowered ability in the game? It destroys on defense and offence and seems to have no counters.

I really dont think Templar Vision and stun belong in the game. Its so much more fun when its about deciet and mindgames.

bobs99 ... said:
Charge is probably the most overpowered ability in the game? It destroys on defense and offence and seems to have no counters.

I wanna use it some more before I decide, but if it's as good as I think it is, I'm inclined to agree.

One thing I've been thinking about is that maybe being on a rooftop should be considered a high profile act. It's pretty much just as obvious as running around on the ground, I don't see why it shouldn't reveal you as well. I think it would improve things.

bobs99 ... said:

I really dont think Templar Vision and stun belong in the game. Its so much more fun when its about deciet and mindgames.

Yeah Templar vision is annoying but you light up like a xmas tree.

You mean you shouldn't be able to stun pursuers? I love being able to do that, if you didn't have some form of defense then everyone would run even more then they already do.

Top Bottom