• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

DualShadow said:
You mean you shouldn't be able to stun pursuers? I love being able to do that, if you didn't have some form of defense then everyone would run even more then they already do.

I would say the offensive use of Charge makes less sense, but that's just my opinion.

Ugh, I don't get it. (I'm gonna sound like a broken record) I have gotten 1st 95% of the time - then once I reached around 40, I took a break (moved out) and now every time I play I get 2nd. I finally tonight got first again, but it is sooo hard. There has to be exploits people are using or a perfect build.

3 games in a row this one level 50 ass kept winning even though he'd have like 3 kills and everyone else would have 8+. No joke. And I checked his scores at the end of the round and I had more in every category except for Other he had about 2k+. And he wasn't that good, 4 minutes in and he would have 0 points and then all the sudden 2k, 3.5k, 5k. I saw the same thing in another game a bit back.

Is there some point exploit going around that you can do? Driving me insane.

They HAVE to make a mode where it eliminates all abilities and perks.

SamuraiX-

Finally got around to booting this one up. Love the whole atmosphere of it so far as it keeps going deeper and deeper in the lore and story of the series.

Quick question before I dive anymore into it: are there any treasures/trophies/secrets that I can miss? I would appreciate it if anyone has any info related to things like that throughout the game without spoiling anything. Thank you. :D

SamuraiX- said:
Finally got around to booting this one up. Love the whole atmosphere of it so far as it keeps going deeper and deeper in the lore and story of the series.

Quick question before I dive anymore into it: are there any treasures/trophies/secrets that I can miss? I would appreciate it if anyone has any info related to things like that throughout the game without spoiling anything. Thank you. :D

Make sure to leave the animus at least once and get at least one treasure and and check your email. Im pretty sure those are the only ones you can miss.

rataven

Darknessbear said:
3 games in a row this one level 50 ass kept winning even though he'd have like 3 kills and everyone else would have 8+. No joke. And I checked his scores at the end of the round and I had more in every category except for Other he had about 2k+. And he wasn't that good, 4 minutes in and he would have 0 points and then all the sudden 2k, 3.5k, 5k. I saw the same thing in another game a bit back.

I was in that match :lol Hellequin right? Officer here. You killed me like 5 times in a row. I almost rage-quit, and I never do that.

Anyway, I know the guy you're talking about. From what I can figure, he just manipulated the scoring system. He killed me once for 2400 points. He must have had the scorex2 after 5 loses perk, because I saw him stab a random NPC. A while later he comes after me. Smoke bomb, then focus, incognito, poison - all times 2. Propably something else too. He went from last to first with that kill.

rataven said:
I was in that match :lol Hellequin right? Officer here. You killed me like 5 times in a row. I almost rage-quit, and I never do that.

Anyway, I know the guy you're talking about. From what I can figure, he just manipulated the scoring system. He killed me once for 2400 points. He must have had the scorex2 after 5 loses perk, because I saw him stab a random NPC. A while later he comes after me. Smoke bomb, then focus, incognito, poison - all times 2. Propably something else too. He went from last to first with that kill.
Ohhhhhhhhh. Haha - yea I remember the officer (and I always play Hellequin). :D

Wow! That makes total sense now. Because he was completely sucking until like 3-4 minutes into it and then he'd just jump up a shit ton. And he NEVER killed me in any of the games. That makes total sense why I always get second now, because there is always some high level that does that point boosting. This is exactly why I want a mode with no perks/abilities/streaks. Just pure skill...

Thanks for posting that. Add me so we can do alliance some time (darknessbear).

rataven

Darknessbear said:
Ohhhhhhhhh. Haha - yea I remember the officer (and I always play Hellequin). :D

Wow! That makes total sense now. Because he was completely sucking until like 3-4 minutes into it and then he'd just jump up a shit ton. And he NEVER killed me in any of the games. That makes total sense why I always get second now, because there is always some high level that does that point boosting. This is exactly why I want a mode with no perks/abilities/streaks. Just pure skill...

Thanks for posting that. Add me so we can do alliance some time (darknessbear).
Yea, I had a few earlier matches against him where I managed to take first, but noticed that his behavior was odd. Like he wasn't even trying to kill his targets. Then in later matches, he was dead last until - BOOM - some kill for huge points. I just happened to be his target once. But it's just speculation on my part as to how he was doing it. I don't know many MP tricks. I usually just play a bit to chill, but MP was horrible tonight. Felt like I kept spawning right at my pursuers feet. Then it would take two or three minutes to assign me a target, so I'm just randomly walking around. Blargh. I'll definitely add you. Haven't tried out Advance Alliance yet but have been wanting too.

Darknessbear said:
Ugh, I don't get it. (I'm gonna sound like a broken record) I have gotten 1st 95% of the time - then once I reached around 40, I took a break (moved out) and now every time I play I get 2nd. I finally tonight got first again, but it is sooo hard. There has to be exploits people are using or a perfect build.

They HAVE to make a mode where it eliminates all abilities and perks.

Yeah I've thought about waiting until I'm behind and have no pursuers, then stabbing random NPCs to get the X2 loss killstreak. Repeat as needed. Never tried it, but I think it might work.

DualShadow said:
Yeah Templar vision is annoying but you light up like a xmas tree.

You mean you shouldn't be able to stun pursuers? I love being able to do that, if you didn't have some form of defense then everyone would run even more then they already do.

Templar vision is annoying, because even though I can see them coming it still pretty much takes away everything that makes the game fun.

I like to totally mess with my persuers, using Decoy or hiding in bales of hay or in groups near a morphed group - all of that misdirection is lost when a guy simply presses the button which basically makes it obvious who he is and who I am.

Its not overpowered but it sure takes the fun out of the game.

As for Charge, I really do think its overpowered, the ability to run into a identical group and get an instant kill is just stupid - its even stupider on defence - suspect a persuer coming? No worries just charge at him. :lol

I think it would be better if you had to lock on to your suspected target before letting charge just take over and do all the work - if you chose the wrong guy you get the typical desynch.

Stayed up till 4am last night and beat the game. I don't know how they did it but as much as I loved and adored Ass Creed 2, they blew me away with Brotherhood. I'm a slave to this series... I can't stop playing it.

OneLetter

Tried out MP last night for the first time, (and apologies for not reading the 60+ pages before this), but is there any way to kill someone pursuing you, or do you just have to run away / stun them? I tend to watch my back a bit while I walk around, and I see the red dot appear over their head. Is there nothing I can do offensively?

SamuraiX-

xKilltheMx said:
Make sure to leave the animus at least once and get at least one treasure and and check your email. Im pretty sure those are the only ones you can miss.

Thank you! :D

Another question, I'm currently exploring the
Acquedotto Claudia (location of one of the Subject 16 fragments)
and I notice there's a viewpoint at the top of where the water is falling and I've looked everywhere and have no idea how to get up... Without spoiling anything, could somebody just tell me if I can get up there now or do I have to wait until later in the game?

OneLetter said:
Tried out MP last night for the first time, (and apologies for not reading the 60+ pages before this), but is there any way to kill someone pursuing you, or do you just have to run away / stun them? I tend to watch my back a bit while I walk around, and I see the red dot appear over their head. Is there nothing I can do offensively?

You can't kill a pursuer but you can stun them. I found it easiest with a smoke bomb then stun them while they are choking. Or morph a crowd then hope they guess wrong and don't have templar vision.

I like the MP in this game in theory. I think there's lots of potential, but it's not there. There's too much reliance on the skills and not enough on observation or the core mechanics of the game. As I leveled up, the game got more and more shallow and repetitious. Things like charge and templar vision just don't work for me. It takes the game out of the game. The netcode also is too bad for certain skills like mute to be helpful at all and there aren't enough team based modes to keep me interested. 2 would have been nice :lol.

There's a MP great game in there somewhere, they just need to find it but I think it's going to need a full overhaul and that's not going to happen with a yearly series.

iNvid02

yeah i agree we need a hardcore mode which gets rid of all perks and abilities. Also, more maps like Siena which are grounded, stops people from running on rooftops.

That would be a perfect stealth game

edit: i suggested this on the official ac forums, hopefully they'll listen
kinda stupid how we "hope" the devs will listen, they motherfuckin should listen to us

I think removing all perks and abilities and making climbing/standing on rooftops count as a high profile act would make for an interesting game.

Stunning might need a slight buff if one was to take out all that though. Maybe you can only counter the stun if you are locked onto the target trying to stun you? Lock on system would need some work.... Could also just shorten the time someone has to counter a stun I guess...

Is there a PC version in the works? Man I'd love to try some of this stuff on a community server.

SamuraiX- said:

and I notice there's a viewpoint at the top of where the water is falling and I've looked everywhere and have no idea how to get up... Without spoiling anything, could somebody just tell me if I can get up there now or do I have to wait until later in the game?

You may have to wait dude, i cant say i remember entirely. I ended just waiting till I was done with the game to do all viewpoints. Look on youtube for viewpoint guides for the exact location of those ones and how to get them.

For this game to be great, the acrobatics and stuff can't be like they are in single player. The ease of moving around in single player works, but there's no skill to it in MP. It's just hold down the button and hope you get away. There needs to be more interactivity with the npcs, with the maps and with your teammates/enemies. You gotta be able to hide creatively. You gotta be able to attack creatively. They gotta figure out ways to justify the parkour and make it more skill based or get rid of it...cause right now my favorite maps are the flat ones.

Maybe stunning is a dumb idea. Maybe cat and mouse should stay cat and mouse.

I dunno. There are too many ways to go about doing this kind of game right and I'm not sure if the fans know the answers. Maybe I don't. I think this game needs 1 genius or 1 smart group of people to take it and run with it. Fuck it. What do they have to lose? The MP isn't established yet. It's wet clay in their hands.

SamuraiX- said:

Hey, you have to renovate the aqueduct nearby to get up there, I spent ages trying to get up there till I found that out. :lol

iNvid02

iNvidious01 said:
got this today, thought it was part of the collectors edition package?
they'll probably bring out those MP skins as DLC as well, making the collectors edition stuff not very exclusive anymore

There's still another mission in the collector's edition not available through other channels (Aquaduct). Probably the same marketing ploy as performed with ACII, bringing out all the stuff later on as DLC

iNvid02

Rikyfree said:
Anyone? Any word on custom soundtracks for this game on the ps3 version.

i doubt that, custom soundtracks appear for sports and racing type games, nothing like AC so i dont think there will ever be an option

I've actually started using Mute on offensive classes as a pre-emptive counter to smoke-bomb whores. It has a slightly wider radius, so I can let it loose as I approach, and as the guy is thinking 'fuck, I'm muted' when he tries to use his smokebomb, I poison him. :lol

The Antitype said:
I've actually started using Mute on offensive classes as a pre-emptive counter to smoke-bomb whores. It has a slightly wider radius, so I can let it loose as I approach, and as the guy is thinking 'fuck, I'm muted' when he tries to use his smokebomb, I poison him. :lol
Good point using Mute to stop those obvious smoke bomb throwers. I'm going to add that to my aggressive abilities.

iNvid02

just finished the trajan market thing, was lame as expected, but i have already finished the game so maybe it would have been better when i was more into it. but im glad i didnt shell out for the codex edition, everything so far just don't seem worth it

So. I've been playing this online via the ps3 and it's kinda frustrating. The game occasionally gets stuck trying to find a match for what seems like forever. Seems like a bug to me. Anyone else encounter this?

butsomuch said:
http://twitter.com/Ubisoft/statuses/17248988705071104

Massive Entertainment working on new AC project with Ubisoft Annecy?

highly curious. it would certainly quell the "how will Ubi have time to develop another AC game for 2011?" questions... Annecy and Massive are both studios with no currently known projects.

the real question, though, is what on earth is Massive doing working on an AC game? The only games they've ever done are tactical strategy games. The latest activity from them seems to have been a few months back where they visited the Swedish military to record audio for use in their next game...

iNvid02

Freedom = $1.05 said:
So. I've been playing this online via the ps3 and it's kinda frustrating. The game occasionally gets stuck trying to find a match for what seems like forever. Seems like a bug to me. Anyone else encounter this?

the patch fixed slow matchmaking for me, usually find a match within 30 secs when going the "player match" option. When going "ranked" it takes longer, and sometimes puts me into half finished games.

I think a big part is to do with your network connection, make sure your NAT type is open, all ports are forwarded or you have UPnP enabled etc (or do what i did, which is easier and put your pS3 in DMZ)

ps3 in dmz

This is gonna sound weird but I;m having problems with the platforming in memory 2, sequence 3? Its at the part where
those wolf like people come after you and your looking for the Shrine of Romulus.
But I swing onto this pole and I keep trying to jump to the next part but all I do it keep swinging. I cant go forward or backward.

ChocolateCupcakes said:
This is gonna sound weird but I;m having problems with the platforming in memory 2, sequence 3? Its at the part where
those wolf like people come after you and your looking for the Shrine of Romulus.
But I swing onto this pole and I keep trying to jump to the next part but all I do it keep swinging. I cant go forward or backward.

Ive completed the game, and on replaying some memories have this problem - I think its a glitch?

Maybe try shimming around the pole a bit and then trying - or try tapping A again at the tip of your swing. If anything drop off the pole and go back to it again. If nothing else works you may have to restart the whole memory.

bobs99 ... said:
Ive completed the game, and on replaying some memories have this problem - I think its a glitch?

Maybe try shimming around the pole a bit and then trying - or try tapping A again at the tip of your swing. If anything drop off the pole and go back to it again. If nothing else works you may have to restart the whole memory.

Ugh I restarted the memory and its still doing not letting me go forward.

Sai

Never had that issue. Is it the one to, or from the portion of the palace with all the flames? Or is it in the large area near the end of the memory?

CAW

Just an FYI to the OP, the Youtube walkthrough link in the OP is no longer available.

Youtube said:
This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement.
Sorry about that.

Sucks too cause I just bought the CE and started playing and had his Youtube page open in case I got stuck.

Curufinwe

I just finished Assassin's Creed 2 last night and I look forward to playing Brotherhood some time next year when the price has dropped to $20. It's worth more than that, but I need a break from running around Renaissance Italy stabbing dudes, and missing out on the peak of multiplayer doesn't bother me. I might get the 360 version anyway, even though I don't have Xbox Live Gold.

Curufinwe said:
I just finished Assassin's Creed 2 last night and I look forward to playing Brotherhood some time next year when the price has dropped to $20. It's worth more than that, but I need a break from running around Renaissance Italy stabbing dudes, and missing out on the peak of multiplayer doesn't bother me. I might get the 360 version anyway, even though I don't have Xbox Live Gold.

Not that it will probably change your mind but it's in Rome
stabbing dudes

iNvid02

CAW said:
Just an FYI to the OP, the Youtube walkthrough link in the OP is no longer available.

Sucks too cause I just bought the CE and started playing and had his Youtube page open in case I got stuck.

In the process of trying to recover my original account (copyright strikes). I'm hoping Machinima will be able to get me back up. It won't be until after the New Year though, everyone's on break for the holidays. I'll let you know if i get it back, those videos were pretty awesome :D

Sai

DualShadow said:
Not that it will probably change your mind but it's in Rome
stabbing dudes
It shouldn't, as Rome is the capital of Italy, and your time spent there in Brotherhood is still technically a part of the Italian Renaissance time period.

TTG

Got through the third section and all of the great stuff at the beginning of 4. It's so good! I'm finally back in rhythm like I was in 1 and 2. No more traversing around semi-cautiously. Just a matter of trusting the jumps, using the chimneys well and killing every rooftop guard in site without ever slowing down. Now that a lot of the game has opened up, I guess I could write out some impressions:

-Rome is kinda boring. I miss the countryside and having more than one city with varied architecture and feel. But mostly, it's just kinda flat. Not many high places at all, everything is so close to ground level. The landmarks are cool and the ruins provide good platforming... but it's not enough. The
flashback to when Ezio and Catarina meet really brought it back. Just looking at that architecture I wanted to go exploring.

-Borgia towers are great. One of the things I loved most about 2 were the little assassination side missions(I was so happy the first time I saw a pigeon nest thingy) and the Borgia towers carry that feeling on. Stealthily creeping up on the target and then taking him out efficiently. Sometimes they run, sometimes they fight... most of the time they never see me coming. And every one of those is built differently and when you kill the captain the surrounding guards scatter in fear, which is perfect. Who wants to stay and clean up the guards anyway?

-Romulus stuff is good, but so far it hasn't matched AC2's enclosed levels. Having challenges for full synchronization is a nice touch, but they just don't have the incredible environments or the intricate design AC2 did.

-The story has been great. These games are very mainstream, but I'm glad that didn't stop them from making the usual boring videogame plot. Beginning of Memory 4 really shows it off nicely,
the relationship between Ceasar Borgia dude and his sister is great. The strange incest, sister's insane jealousy, both of theirs propensity to violence. Great little family they have there

If the new assassination/thief/brothel missions live up to be any good at all, I consider this game a success. The quick turn around from AC2 shows, there's not much new here and only, a surprisingly bland, Rome to work with, but the game still manages to be awesome.

SamuraiX-

xKilltheMx said:
You may have to wait dude, i cant say i remember entirely. I ended just waiting till I was done with the game to do all viewpoints. Look on youtube for viewpoint guides for the exact location of those ones and how to get them.
bobs99 ... said:
Hey, you have to renovate the aqueduct nearby to get up there, I spent ages trying to get up there till I found that out. :lol

Thanks again, guys. I've finally gotten around to the renovating part of the game. It's a really cool feeling being able to rebuild Rome (in a sense) shop-by-building-by-structure. :D

TTG said:
-Rome is kinda boring. I miss the countryside and having more than one city with varied architecture and feel. But mostly, it's just kinda flat. Not many high places at all, everything is so close to ground level. The landmarks are cool and the ruins provide good platforming... but it's not enough. The
flashback to when Ezio and Catarina meet really brought it back. Just looking at that architecture I wanted to go exploring.

I wasn't digging Rome too much at first either, but as soon as it opened up in the first couple of sequences, I'm really starting to love it. Nothing will ever top Venice though. Just an amazing city to roam through.

Another question, guys!

I really want to purchase the Crossbow from the blacksmith but I just want to ask if it will be given to me later on in the game through a story mission or something. The reason I ask is because even though the weapon isn't terribly expensive and I can easily afford it now with all the money from my renovations coming in, but I always like to play the game fairly and I feel like I'll abuse the crossbow if I get it now. I like to challenge myself to only work with the equipment I have now and wait for the crossbow to be given to me if possible.

SamuraiX- said:
I really want to purchase the Crossbow from the blacksmith but I just want to ask if it will be given to me later on in the game through a story mission or something. The reason I ask is because even though the weapon isn't terribly expensive and I can easily afford it now with all the money from my renovations coming in, but I always like to play the game fairly and I feel like I'll abuse the crossbow if I get it now. I like to challenge myself to only work with the equipment I have now and wait for the crossbow to be given to me if possible.

Personally I literally left my game running while I went away till I could afford the Crossbow and purchased it REALLY early on, so thats something you might want to try? :lol

Either way though - it really is a OP'd peice of kit - so despite having it I only ever used it as a last resort - Assassins Creed is always more fun when you have to figure out how to stealthily get up close without alerting guards - and so I stuck to that mentality.

So I REALLY recommend getting it early, but avoid using it outside of just having fun with the thing.

So....favorite persona's in multiplayer?

I'm partial to:

The Courtesan - Cause she's a cutie. :D

The Prowler - Cause he looks like an assassin, and therefore looks like a badass.

The Doctor - Cause he's the creepiest fucker I've ever seen.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The Antitype said:
So....favorite persona's in multiplayer?

I'm partial to:

The Courtesan - Cause she's a cutie. :D

The Prowler - Cause he looks like an assassin, and therefore looks like a badass.

The Doctor - Cause he's the creepiest fucker I've ever seen.

I usually play with The Courtesan. The Doctor is my #2.

Top Bottom