• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

fernoca

Darknessbear said:
So people are pirating and talking about it on GAF? Gaf's ok with that? Lame...
All the spoiler-tags are about ACII. The only mention of the leak, so far is that; that it was leaked on 360.

DrBo42 said:
No, it is. In one of the developer diaries the specifically say that Desmond is trying to save the world from impending disaster in 2012.
Can't wait to collect all the pieces of Eden or whatever to stop the solar flare, which our alien overlords were too distracted to do last time for some reason. I don't know how they can resolve this shit in a satisfactory manor.

fernoca said:
All the spoiler-tags are about ACII. The only mention of the leak, so far is that; that it was leaked on 360.
Ook, I saw that and then one talking about installing the game on the debug PS3 and then I kind of hid in fear of spoilers. I hate pirates - especially when they take early copies.

DrBo42

a Master Ninja said:
Can't wait to collect all the pieces of Eden or whatever to stop the solar flare, which our alien overlords were too distracted to do last time for some reason. I don't know how they can resolve this shit in a satisfactory manor.
They better have it planned out, because if not.. Good lord, it'll be a disaster.

fernoca

DrBo42 said:
They better have it planned out, because if not.. Good lord, it'll be a disaster.
Well, according to a Nolan North interview about Brotherhood (no story spoiler per se):
the ending of Brotherhood seems to be an even bigger "what the fuck"; than the one from ACII

The intreview with Patrice Désilets from back then, with that Nolan North bit:
“The other day I was recording the ending of ‘Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood’ with Desmond, with Nolan North,” Brotherhood creative director, Patrice Désilets told MTV.

“He was reading it and then he was like, ‘Credits?! You mother f***ker! What do you mean credits?!’”

“And I was like, ‘Well, it ends there.’ [Patrice makes the sound of Nolan grunting in frustration]. He’s really into it, which is great.”

Ranger X

Darkman M said:
This, i still can't believe people can't comprehend this. It's pretty damn annoying i can't enjoy the game on PC the same day as the console version.

I also think it's annoying, but people asked for it. Now you gotta live with it or complain to pirates.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Assassin's Creed endings are NOT endings and should not be viewed as such at all. It's more like episodes. Some things are explained, new questions arise, and eventually most/all questions will be answered. The story was obviously not over at the end of AC1, nor of AC2, and it will be the same this time, until they decide to at least close Desmond' story. It was obvious since AC1 that things would play out over many games. And AC2 picked off exactly where AC1 ended, and ACB picks up where AC2 ended. Chances are it will be the same for AC3.

Massa

a Master Ninja said:

I thought Ubisoft said there's no
alien
bullshit in Assassin's Creed.

Ether_Snake said:
Assassin's Creed endings are NOT endings and should not be viewed as such at all. It's more like episodes. Some things are explained, new questions arise, and eventually most/all questions will be answered. The story was obviously not over at the end of AC1, nor of AC2, and it will be the same this time, until they decide to at least close Desmond' story. It was obvious since AC1 that things would play out over many games. And AC2 picked off exactly where AC1 ended, and ACB picks up where AC2 ended. Chances are it will be the same for AC3.

Agreed. It's frustrating as all hell, but I love it. I actually really like the plot. The conspiracy-nature of it, the backstory, the sci-fi pre-apocalyptic feel, everything.

Massa said:
I thought Ubisoft said there's no
alien
bullshit in Assassin's Creed.

Yeah,
they aren't aliens. They simply "came before". Though, I wonder if something created them.

ezekial45

Banned
Just curious, is there anything that carries over from the previous game (Save data wise)? I played the previous games on the 360, but i'm thinking about getting this one on the PS3.

Ranger X

ezekial45 said:
Just curious, is there anything that carries over from the previous game (Save data wise)? I played the previous games on the 360, but i'm thinking about getting this one on the PS3.

As I recall, Ubi didn't talk about anything similar to that and AC2 wasn't doing it. I suppose this is because Brotherhood will not do it either.

Dead

well not really...yet
Holy crap, Activision eat your heart out, the Manual in brotherhood is only a 4 page leaflet with nothing but a control pad layout :lol

Dead said:
Holy crap, Activision eat your heart out, the Manual in brotherhood is only a 4 page leaflet with nothing but a control pad layout :lol
Considering Ubisoft's fairly recent anti-manual stance, I'm surprised they included the leaflet at all. In the beta, there was an in-game manual menu option that was, of course, grayed out.

ACE 1991

Wow what an awesome launch trailer. Really anticipating this one, too bad I'm flat broke and won't be able to afford it until later.

betweenthewheels said:
Is anyone else waiting for the inevitable Ubi price drop?

I want this so bad day one, but i'm gonna try to hold out a couple of weeks.

It'll probably be $40 on Black Friday so there's that.

Ranger X

Zero-Crescent said:
Considering Ubisoft's fairly recent anti-manual stance, I'm surprised they included the leaflet at all. In the beta, there was an in-game manual menu option that was, of course, grayed out.

I wouldn't mind an in-game manual. It's actually think this is more convenient.

DrBo42

Installing now. Be back in a few hours with some impressions. If you guys have specific questions, don't hesitate to ask.

DrBo42

About 2 minutes into the game :lol . For newcomers it does a pretty decent job bringing you up to speed with the events that have transpired, but it leaves out the most important part of the main arc from the end of AC2. Something I just noticed that I haven't read ANYTHING about is that you can now assign specific weapons to your d-pad. Favor the poison blade, gun, coins, and daggers? Assign them to whichever direction you want. Awesome!

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
DrBo42 said:
About 2 minutes into the game :lol . For newcomers it does a pretty decent job bringing you up to speed with the events that have transpired, but it leaves out the most important part of the main arc from the end of AC2. Something I just noticed that I haven't read ANYTHING about is that you can now assign specific weapons to your d-pad. Favor the poison blade, gun, coins, and daggers? Assign them to whichever direction you want. Awesome!

Whats the performance(tearing and frame rate in particular) like? Hope it isn't worse than AC2.

Ranger X

DrBo42 said:

Niiiice! "Hidden blade + Sword + Crossbow + Health" will be my shortcut pad. :D

DrBo42 said:
F*CK YEAH ! that is awesome ubi good on you to even more improve the game !

DrBo42

NinjaFridge said:
Whats the performance(tearing and frame rate in particular) like? Hope it isn't worse than AC2.

Performance is rock solid. Same shadow loading/LOD type stuff as AC2. The lighting system is either improved or exaggerated here. The clouds passing the sun has a really great effect that I swear is not in AC2. I need to check it again. Models seem to have been given a noticeable bump in quality as well. Tried the new combo system in the first fight of the game without even being told it was available, all I can say is that it's awesome. Really visceral and makes you feel very dangerous rather than just waiting around for someone to attack.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
DrBo42 said:
Performance is rock solid. Same shadow loading/LOD type stuff as AC2. The lighting system is either improved or exaggerated here. The clouds passing the sun has a really great effect that I swear is not in AC2. I need to check it again. Models seem to have been given a noticeable bump in quality as well. Tried the new combo system in the first fight of the game without even being told it was available, all I can say is that it's awesome. Really visceral and makes you feel very dangerous rather than just waiting around for someone to attack.

Good to hear. Performance was disappointing in AC2, and the combat sounds awesome. Looked like it could be shit in the videos but sounds like they pulled it off. Cannot Wait!!

soooooooo i am lucky enough to have a friend who works for ubisoft and they got me a copy of the brotherhood. ive been playing it for the last like 4 hours. so far its pretty fucking sick. expesically if you love assassins creed then your gonna love this game. unfortunatly i cant play the multiplayer yet because no one else has the game obviously. i will post again probaly tomorrow and give a review of the game. in the 4 hours of playing the game it glitched bad one time where i had to start the memory sequence over. i got off my horse to fight some guards and when i got off the horse i did like a halo super bounce and i was shot into the air thousands of feet high and i couldnt come down i was stuck just floating in sky going higher and higher. I could see the whole city of rome on the tv screen. but overall the game has been sick so far.

DrBo42

NinjaFridge said:
Good to hear. Performance was disappointing in AC2, and the combat sounds awesome. Looked like it could be shit in the videos but sounds like they pulled it off. Cannot Wait!!

There's now a little flash around the health diamonds of the enemy that is about to attack you now. Sounds a little cheap, but somehow it makes your kill combos even more impressive. If you've just killed your 3rd guard and one behind you attacks while you are executing another, you can break the animation and counter him, and then combo off of him as well. It's kind of hard to write, but the feeling of pulling that off is really satisfying.

DrBo42 said:
There's now a little flash around the health diamonds of the enemy that is about to attack you now. Sounds a little cheap, but somehow it makes your kill combos even more impressive. If you've just killed your 3rd guard and one behind you attacks while you are executing another, you can break the animation and counter him, and then combo off of him as well. It's kind of hard to write, but the feeling of pulling that off is really satisfying.

So it's kinda like Arkham Asylum?

DrBo42

SketchTheArtist said:
So it's kinda like Arkham Asylum?
Kinda, yeah. But better IMO since you're actually killing people and there isn't a constant slo-mo shot of someone holding their head. :lol But it's very much in the same spirit.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Coldsnap said:
spark notes plz

Basically improved combat system, awesome missions with other assassins, fun multiplayer. Rome is the largest environment in the series, excellent voice work and animations.

Only downs were that the story is a bit short and that the end was very mysterious and vague.

dwebo

bosskoss21 said:
i got off my horse to fight some guards and when i got off the horse i did like a halo super bounce and i was shot into the air thousands of feet high and i couldnt come down i was stuck just floating in sky going higher and higher.
That's not a bug.
They were sending you to visit the aliens.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
S1kkZ said:
can you say anything or are you under a total embargo?
Embargo, sorry. Not that my impressions of the game will be very much different from everything we've seen in other reviews so far anyway ;)

I'm still trying to figure out how to cope with the remaining days until this bad boy shows up on my doorstep. I can't wait; so fucking stoked for another great iteration in the series, folks! I mean shit, being able to finally assign different things to the d-pad...Finally ! :)

DrBo42

Sickboy007 said:
Lens of Thruth has a PS3/360 screenshot comparison, some screens might be spoilerish:

PS3 version looks a little washed out with fewer shadows, lower resolution textures and less post processing effects.

The poll results are hilarious. :lol Who could seriously vote for the PS3 when comparing those images? Amazing.

Top Bottom