• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

rvy said:
Fucking hell, I'm being forced to renew my Live subscription.

Not seeing difference =/= voting the PS3 is better.

Not really i didnt vote on it at all tbh, i played and loved the first two games on both machines finished the second on ps3. I was going to get the ps3 version for the free dlc, however a few friends are getting on xbox so i might get it on there instead. Damn wish there was one console.:lol

DrBo42

My mind has just been blown. I didn't know you could manually perform a stab/pistol combo in a killstreak by holding the attack button down. Now I'm seeing moves I haven't seen in my entire 12+ hours of play.

rvy

Banned
supermackem said:
Not really i didnt vote on it at all tbh, i played and loved the first two games on both machines finished the second on ps3. I was going to get the ps3 version for the free dlc, however a few friends are getting on xbox so i might get it on there instead. Damn wish there was one console.:lol
I wasn't implying that you did vote, I was just pointing out the ridiculousness of it all.

NinjaFridge said:
Really? For that?

It's a good excuse. Or so I hear.

C-Jo

I'm picking it up regardless, but for those of you who've already played it: Does the single player stuff feel like a fully fledged AC game, or is it more of a side story?

DrBo42

C-Jo said:
I'm picking it up regardless, but for those of you who've already played it: Does the single player stuff feel like a fully fledged AC game, or is it more of a side story?

Feels full on.

Ugh I will never get over the stupid "oh you can totally use the hidden blade without getting your finger cut off" backpedaling. Ezio is a wimp compared to Altair.

gdt

Come onnnnnnnn Tuesday! UPS usually gets here around 12-2...but I'll be at my gf's place for a couple of days :(.

I'll probably open this baby up on Wednesday.

Amir0x

Banned
DrBo42 said:
photo-2-1.jpg

:D

Ranger X

Instead of taking photos of your funny messages, what about some more impressions?
Is it ultra easy to link kills or it actually takes some skill to pull this all off?

Mr. Sam

Was hoping this was a, uh, sort of spin-off that would drop the annoying Animus framing device, but I guess not. Either way, looks like the game will be tremendous and - rather oxymoronically - just as unique as the two games that preceded it. Horse assassinations, fuck yeah!

Darknessbear said:
I have a friend that's almost done with the game on his modded 360. I've lost all trust of "legit early players".

Doesn't make me hate you any less!

Well you're just really making the thread better aren't you?

ArjanN

Lostconfused said:
Ugh I will never get over the stupid "oh you can totally use the hidden blade without getting your finger cut off" backpedaling. Ezio is a wimp compared to Altair.

There was very little point to the hidden blade anyway, he might as well have hidden a dagger in his sleeve, it's not like he ever got frisked or anything.

Lostconfused said:

Leonardos one of histories greatest geniuses. Dude says he enhanced the design. It's pretty cut and dry.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Snapshot King said:
Leonardos one of histories greatest geniuses. Dude says he enhanced the design. It's pretty cut and dry.

Actually, Altair was the one who discovered a way to enhance the hidden blade so you didn't have to cut off a finger. Read the codex pages. Da Vinci makes Ezio's hidden blade off of Altair's designs.

I haven't been following this game but I am getting it just because AC2 was my 2nd favourite game of last year. What I want to know is - is there any Desmond Miles content in the game and is this a main plot point in the AC story? Please put answer in spoilers.

acbu.jpg

Got it this morning but couldn't play it... now I'm going to eat it :D

OMG sooo excited spicily after the ending of ACII making this series one of my absolute favorite <3

ashbash159 said:
I haven't been following this game but I am getting it just because AC2 was my 2nd favourite game of last year. What I want to know is - is there any Desmond Miles content in the game and is this a main plot point in the AC story? Please put answer in spoilers.

yes and yes.

Irish

I have a feeling we'll all have to post pictures of our receipts long after launch just so Darknessbear doesn't accuse us of piracy. :p

I honestly can't believe how excited for this I am. There's just so many new concepts being introduced in this game that I'm kinda glad they went to revisit Ezio instead of saving this stuff for an ancestor in a new time period. That way, they can really expand upon them in ACIII.

The Praiseworthy said:
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8930/acbu.jpg[IMG]

Got it this morning but couldn't play it... now I'm going to eat it :D

OMG sooo excited spicily[B] after the ending of ACII making this series one of my absolute favorite[/B] <3[/QUOTE]
boooooo
the ending of AC2 was balls out zany. I didn't like it.

fernoca

Old news probably, but the PS3 version requires a 4GB install; just in case. Maybe someone else can confirm it.

In any case, just checking I have 40Uplay points already in my account. :)
The game only gives 100, and all rewards are 150 points; but one of them seems to be the theme for 10 points, which in the case of the 360 is just wallpapers and not a premium theme, so guess 140 is enough for all the cool rewards. :p

Phenomic

Well glad I saved most of my Uplay points. I have over 100 left to spend on stuff in Brotherhood good thing I will get some as I go as well. Got to have a good stash left for Assassins Creed 3 :lol

DrBo42

Again I'm going to say how much content is in this game, it's insane. I played 12 hours yesterday and I'm not even halfway through the story. SO much shit to do.

Ranger X

DrBo42 said:
Again I'm going to say how much content is in this game, it's insane. I played 12 hours yesterday and I'm not even halfway through the story. SO much shit to do.

EXCELLENT!!! Let's make this post the be all end all of our worries! :D

goMaki

Snapshot King said:
Gotta say, seeing that Gamespots pre-order bonus is also is a uplay thing is dirty as hell. Means I'll save some points though.
If you are referring to the "Hellequin", that is different than the pre-order bonus "Harlequin" from GS.

Phenomic

Snapshot King said:
Thanks, I ended up loading up Creed 2 and seeing that. Gotta say, seeing that Gamespots pre-order bonus is also is a uplay thing is dirty as hell. Means I'll save some points though.

Eh yeah kind of but at the same time I applaud them for letting everyone actually have access it from day one. I remember getting the Infamous blades that were a gamestop preorder for free off the PSN way after the game was released.

goMaki said:
If you are referring to the "Hellequin", that is different than the pre-order bonus "Harlequin" from GS.

Oh, haha apparently not then.

Snapshot King said:
piratepwnsninja said:
Technology never improves!
Stupid answer: Its not that technology doesn't improve but that it DIDN'T improve. The blade and how it functions clearly remains unchanged its just that Ezio awkwardly tries to keep his fingers from getting sliced up by the blade when it comes out.

Reasonable answer: Clearly the developers weren't happy with the whole finger thing for some reason or another so they decided to ditch it. Along with that they added several new game mechanics and tweaks to the way the hidden blade works to improve the game. Obviously they feel they have to explain all these changes in game somehow so they add a few throw away lines about how its the hidden blade was "improved".

Personal answer: I like the fact that Altair keeps his fist closed as the blade extends past where his finger used to be. While Ezio on the other hand splays his fingers out to keep them out of the way of the blade which seems kind of silly in comparison.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Glad to hear about Brotherhood's single-player being as meaty as ACII. I love the Assassin's Creed franchise to death and ACII blew me away. I never had a doubt in my mind that Brotherhood's single player would be put aside for the sake of multiplayer or any of that non-sense.

The only, uh, "concern" I have is whether or not the music is brand new. I love ACII's soundtrack, but I'm just curious as to whether or not there's brand new music from Jesper Kyd in Brotherhood.

Also, last night while playing Blops with a bunch of buddies, one of them called this game Ass Creed Brohood. I lol'd hard when he called it that. :lol

Ihya

Still have no idea what this game is about. I've got too fatigued through Ass Creed 2 now to consider this game for a while. Probably pick it up late next year.

Lostconfused said:
Stupid answer: Its not that technology doesn't improve but that it DIDN'T improve. The blade and how it functions clearly remains unchanged its just that Ezio awkwardly tries to keep his fingers from getting sliced up by the blade when it comes out.

Reasonable answer: Clearly the developers weren't happy with the whole finger thing for some reason or another so they decided to ditch it. Along with that they added several new game mechanics and tweaks to the way the hidden blade works to improve the game. Obviously they feel they have to explain all these changes in game somehow so they add a few throw away lines about how its the hidden blade was "improved".

Personal answer: I like the fact that Altair keeps his fist closed as the blade extends past where his finger used to be. While Ezio on the other hand splays his fingers out to keep them out of the way of the blade which seems kind of silly in comparison.

Did you even pay any attention to what was said during the whole conversation in game or on the codex pages? It did improve. You just don't like the reasoning. I thought it was perfectly fine.

edgefusion

Florentine noble attire!!! Buying this game just for that! I wanted to stare at Ezios leather-clad ass throughout the whole game.

Ranger X

Ihya said:
Still have no idea what this game is about. I've got too fatigued through Ass Creed 2 now to consider this game for a while. Probably pick it up late next year.

It's about playing a great game and have fun. As AC2 had a recap movie at the beginning, Brotherhood does tell you the story so you don't have to play the previous games if you don't want to.

UrbanRats

edgefusion said:
Florentine noble attire!!! Buying this game just for that! I wanted to stare at Ezios leather-clad ass throughout the whole game.
i liked it aswell, good thing is a uplay reward now.. not caring much for Ezio's ass, though. :p

demonkaze

So I played around half of ac2 and did love it but then my old ps3 died and I really don't want to play it from start again. Is there anywhere online i can watch or read a recap of what i missed or does brotherhood do a good job of that?

piratepwnsninja said:
Did you even pay any attention to what was said during the whole conversation in game or on the codex pages? It did improve. You just don't like the reasoning. I thought it was perfectly fine.
I dunno what to tell you. You can read my post again I guess, I thought it was clear enough, at least as clear as I can make it.

Ranger X

Lostconfused said:
I dunno what to tell you. You can read my post again I guess, I thought it was clear enough, at least as clear as I can make it.

Still, I hope such details won't distract you from a great game. That's be really stupid.

Ranger X said:
Still, I hope such details won't distract you from a great game. That's be really stupid.
No its just a personal thing. I enjoyed the 1st game for what it was and I think it gets a lot of misplaced hate. So I guess I might be more attached to it than 2 or this new sequel. I am still worried that this might be a turning point for the series though where Ubisoft will start making sacrifices in the interest of making as much money as they can on their IP.

NeoUltima

Odd...I got a platinum trophy in AC2, but only have 10 uplay points...Could have sworn I registered.

quick edit: oops, now I remember, I registered AFTER I beat the game. :/

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Altair redesigned it so the Assassin wouldn't have to lose their finger. It was done, i believe to make it harder for the Templars to notice them. Same reason you can use poison in AC2 but not in AC. It was forbidden but Altair, knowing what would come allowed the Order to use it.

Top Bottom