• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
sillymonkey321 said:
ughhhhh ps3 version, why must you be so lame? You give me free online and punish me all the same.

It isn't that bad.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Uplay for that Facebook AC:B linked game doesn't seem to work. :/ I even linked my Facebook to Ubi.com. WTF. So lame. :/

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
TheSeks said:
Uplay for that Facebook AC:B linked game doesn't seem to work. :/ I even linked my Facebook to Ubi.com. WTF. So lame. :/
Yeah it's not up yet. Some people in the Ubi forums were speculating it would live go on launch day or whenever they update the game with the Rome pack.

dwebo

Zero-Crescent said:
It's a pre-h2h right now, just mouse-over screenshot comparisons, no detailed analysis yet.
Ah, okay. Thanks. After that launch trailer, I'm a bit skittish about more spoilers :-/

The last photo with the cross sold me on the 360 version. I played the first on the 360 and last years on the PS3, so it's not a franchise that bothers me either way really however there is noticeable differences.

Ranger X

Sickboy007 said:
Lens of Thruth has a PS3/360 screenshot comparison, some screens might be spoilerish:

PS3 version looks a little washed out with fewer shadows, lower resolution textures and less post processing effects.

The texture thing looks like it's bullshit. Just like AC2.
The texture resolution is the same. The difference you guys see there is the 2xAA (Xbox) vs Quincunx (PS3). The texture ARE the same.

C-Jo said:
Yeah, I don't have any problem with this.

Not as bad and I still plan on double-dipping with the PC version next year...Call me crazy I guess.

TheSeks said:

Still, I'm actually really enjoying the game. It's got a nifty little story and the artwork is fan-fucking-tastic.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah I've been playing a fair bit of Project Legacy. I've already gone through all the missions, just sorta waiting for the Rome pack at this point. We'll probably learn how it ties into AC:B once that goes live.

Shit :| I hated how AC2 looked on PS3 and preferred it much more on 360, especially with performance (I platinumed/1000g AC2). I was hoping there wouldnt be a difference this time and I preordered it on PS3.

Dammit! I don't want to get it on 360 - my friend is getting it for PS3... but I'm a real graphics whore when it comes to AC.

Gahhh.

duk

Banned
as a 3rd installment, there is no reason why there should be a gfx disparity between the 2 versions; however i do admit the differences are very minor

framerate im not sure however

bdouble

Ranger X said:
The difference you guys see there is the 2xAA (Xbox) vs Quincunx (PS3). The texture ARE the same.
This is what I see as well. Also when you zoom in like that its going to make it even more exaggerated. Seriously do you even notice that stuff on Ezio's armor or the dudes face when looking at full screen not zoomed? Nope.

Square Triangle said:
The last photo with the cross sold me on the 360 version. I played the first on the 360 and last years on the PS3, so it's not a franchise that bothers me either way really however there is noticeable differences.
its the same. Just a different time of day. All the shadows are the same. If you turn the brightness/gamma down on the Ps3 one they would be even closer.

Ranger X

bdouble said:
This is what I see as well. Also when you zoom in like that its going to make it even more exaggerated. Seriously do you even notice that stuff on Ezio's armor or the dudes face when looking at full screen not zoomed? Nope.

They are only searching for this all. It gives them views. It's ala mode.
Personally, this comparison crap leaves me at 37 degrees.

Gritesh

Is it just me or does the PS3 version look like the contrast is just turned down a bit?

I also think the lines on the 360 version look more jagged than the ps3 version.

My .02

iNvid02

Gritesh said:
Is it just me or does the PS3 version look like the contrast is just turned up a bit?

I also think the lines on the 360 version look more jagged than the ps3 version.

My .02

you must have got them mixed up :lol

Gritesh

I dunno, I'm looking at the image of him standing there with his back to the camera, particularly the differences in the edges of the cape.

It looks like there are more jaggies on the 360 to me.

However the differences are down to the point of just getting picky, the game by no means looks "worse" than the 360 platform, and I am sure/hoping that it runs just as smooth.

I am just glad that they are releasing it on multiple platforms so everyone can enjoy it!

ZealousD

Gritesh said:
Is it just me or does the PS3 version look like the contrast is just turned down a bit?

This is pretty much a constant in all PS3 vs 360 comparisons. In the majority of cases, the 360 version has higher contrast. I believe this has something to do between the differences between the nvidia and ati cards that these machines use.

bdouble said:
Its not zoomed in. Its cropped. The image was not resized and would appear that way on your screen if you were playing the game.

shwimpy

This will be my first multiplatform game that I buy on my newly purchased xbox. I'm pathetically kind of excited. :lol I'll probably gamefly the PS3 version if that Copernicus DLC turns out to be anything special.

DrBo42

K so learn from my complete stupidity and do not grind out borgia towers with no crossbow, no recruited assassins, and practically no equipment or weapons whatsoever. With that said, there's so much fucking content in this game. Every guild has challenges for you, there's even a fight club. Treat the game like a buffet table and get a little bit of everything. So good.

Sanic

Don't know why I don't know the answer to this, but is Rome the only city?

And I hope I can find this on sale on black friday. I think i'm gonna try my luck and wait a few weeks as opposed to buying at launch.

ZealousD

Pandoracell said:
Don't know why I don't know the answer to this, but is Rome the only city?

It is, but I think I heard that it was something like three times bigger than Venice or Florence in AC2.

vodka-bull said:
IMO the newest trailer on gametrailers is full of spoilers, avoid it if you don't want the singleplayer story spoiled.
Yea Launch trailers always suck like that...

THE GAME IS HERE: here is everything out of context to ruin the entire experience.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Ps3 and 360 versions are identical, I can guarantee you this. The idea it has less post effects or that shadows are different on PS3 is 100% false. It's the same.

Ranger X

Ether_Snake said:
Ps3 and 360 versions are identical, I can guarantee you this. The idea it has less post effects or that shadows are different on PS3 is 100% false. It's the same.

Just the difference 2xAA and Quincunx makes the version aren't identical. They probably are in matter of textures, shadows, poly counts and effects since AC2 was.

And just like AC2 on PS3 was rushing a bit more on the FPS side, I would expect the same for Brotherhood. Not that most people would notice it I suppose.

DrBo42

I just sent a fresh recruit on a 4 star difficulty mission, alone. He has a 4% chance of success. Let's see how he does. :lol

Edit: Yeah, he's dead.

Ranger X

SuperAwesome said:
Accusing people of piracy is even cooler when the game can be purchased at mom and pop stores across the nation. aren't you cool?

It's not. Those are store breaking the street date. Oh well, at least he seemed to have bought the game...

SamuraiX-

Darknessbear said:
Yay stealing games early is cool.

2vux27p.jpg

SuperAwesome said:
Accusing people of piracy is even cooler when the game can be purchased at mom and pop stores across the nation. aren't you cool?
I have a friend that's almost done with the game on his modded 360. I've lost all trust of "legit early players".

DrBo42 said:

Doesn't make me hate you any less!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
DrBo42 said:
K so learn from my complete stupidity and do not grind out borgia towers with no crossbow, no recruited assassins, and practically no equipment or weapons whatsoever.
Actually most of the Borgia towers can be completed with Ezio alone and just the hidden blade by simply watching what's going on. Keep in mind also that a tower will be better protected if it's surrounded by other towers, so grind your way from the outside of the city to the inside :)

DrBo42

Blimblim said:
Actually most of the Borgia towers can be completed with Ezio alone and just the hidden blade by simply watching what's going on. Keep in mind also that a tower will be better protected if it's surrounded by other towers, so grind your way from the outside of the city to the inside :)
Well I wasn't talking difficulty wise, I was making it not fun by constantly doing it, and having limited tactical options.

DrBo42 said:
The poll results are hilarious. :lol Who could seriously vote for the PS3 when comparing those images? Amazing.

I have to say im not seeing a whole lot of difference tbh, there lighter which seems to be the case with every ps3 game. I played ac2 on both and tbh i didnt see much difference in that once you tweaked the lightness of the ps3 version.

rvy

Banned
Sickboy007 said:
Lens of Thruth has a PS3/360 screenshot comparison, some screens might be spoilerish:

PS3 version looks a little washed out with fewer shadows, lower resolution textures and less post processing effects.
Fucking hell, I'm being forced to renew my Live subscription.

supermackem said:
I have to say im not seeing a whole lot of difference tbh, there lighter which seems to be the case with every ps3 game. I played ac2 on both and tbh i didnt see much difference in that once you tweaked the lightness of the ps3 version.

Not seeing difference =/= voting the PS3 is better.

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Man this game is going to distract me quite heavily from doing school work...
Ditto. Like I needed any more distractions than New Vegas and Reach already provided.

Oh well, this is going to be awesome. Here's to hoping I can get my hands on it Wednesday, otherwise I might have to skip a few classes on Thursday.

DrBo42

I thought I was tough shit until I strolled into the Vaticano district and faced the elite guard. Fucked me up bad with those pistols, good god.

Edit: Blim do you have any tips on dealing with grabs in combat? That fact that it's the only thing breaking my kill combos is driving me crazy.

Top Bottom