• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

Ffffff... I hate you guys, I don't know if I should cancel my PS3 preorder and put it on 360. My friend is getting it on PS3, not sure if he would play a lot. GRRR - if someone could confirm the Framerate/Screen tearing is consistently similar on both than I'll stick with the PS3.

Grady Durden said:
I was planning on passing on this game but the multiplayer pushed me over the edge. I have high hopes for it.

This will be the first game I've ever purchased where I will play the Multiplayer first for a bit before the singleplayer. I love it and want to take advantage of all the newbies :p

Affinity

I found a buddy to import the limited codex edition for me... but he brought up the question about the multiplayer. I know the games aren't region locked, and I should be able to play the single player fine, but will the multiplayer be restricted to UK servers despite playing in the US? Or will the game be smart enough to recognize where I am (via console settings or whatever)?

+1 for the music question. edit: yessssssssss

I finally caved and pre-ordered the LE (PS3. only because i got the others on ps3 as well and i am ocd about series on the same console :/ ).

I am sure i'll feel like an ass when this games is 20 bucks at christmas, but whatever.

I also think i'll play the MP first, just to take a break from AC SP since I just finished AC2.

Ranger X

There's Brotherhood music on JesperKid website. This means we have some new sweet music (therefore probably full soundtrack) from him here.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Ranger X said:
There's Brotherhood music on JesperKid website. This means we have some new sweet music (therefore probably full soundtrack) from him here.
The AC2 soundtrack was awesome, it really suited the game.

DrBo42

Ranger X said:
Instead of taking photos of your funny messages, what about some more impressions?
Is it ultra easy to link kills or it actually takes some skill to pull this all off?
:lol Okay.The kills are easy to link together, but it takes some skill to keep a streak going. Enemies can grab you pretty fast in this one, that'll break your chain immediately. Also, the Papal guard is no joke, those guys are a bit brutal in a group. The arrow storm ability of the BAM is way overpowered, it will kill every guard within sight range I believe, I don't like to use it. The sad part is that with the new BAM feature, hired groups have become rather pointless.

dwebo

DrBo42 said:
:lol Okay.The kills are easy to link together, but it takes some skill to keep a streak going. Enemies can grab you pretty fast in this one, that'll break your chain immediately. Also, the Papal guard is no joke, those guys are a bit brutal in a group. The arrow storm ability of the BAM is way overpowered, it will kill every guard within sight range I believe, I don't like to use it. The sad part is that with the new BAM feature, hired groups have become rather pointless.
Brotherhood Assist Move, for those who were wondering. Since I haven't read too many previews, I had to google it :lol

So What did you guys end up doing?

did you side with
Mr. House and Wipe out the Brotherhood or unplugged that old shriveled bastard?

Oh wait a minute... shyt! wrong thread!

*runs off!*

Sai

Still trying to finish up my last playthrough of AC2 before Brotherhood hits. I've just finished up Forli... Think I can wrap up Venice in it's entirety, along with the DLC, in a single day? :lol

I still need to mess around with that Project Legacy game too. Even though I'm not too interested in the bonuses for Brotherhood that I've seen brought up thus far...

DrBo42 said:
About to jump back into the animus. If you've got questions, post em.
Does Rosa make an appearance? :D

DrBo42

Snapshot King said:
How's the VR missions? Are they accessible right at the beginning or do they have to be unlocked?
It's pretty much from the start. I believe you have to find out where Desmond ends up and go through some minor tutorial stuff, but it's within 10 or so minutes. They're pretty damn challenging to get gold on some of them, but they look great and they're fun.

Rosa is the girl from Venice, yeah? I haven't seen her yet.

I just finished my second MP game, finished first. I'm absolutely in love with it, there's really no other MP experience like this right now, very unique.

DrBo42 said:
It's pretty much from the start. I believe you have to find out where Desmond ends up and go through some minor tutorial stuff, but it's within 10 or so minutes. They're pretty damn challenging to get gold on some of them, but they look great and they're fun.

Rosa is the girl from Venice, yeah? I haven't seen her yet.

I just finished my second MP game, finished first. I'm absolutely in love with it, there's really no other MP experience like this right now, very unique.

Are there any other modes than the ones listed in the OP?

Jeels

Someone persuade me to get this game. I loved ACII, but it did get repetitive at points, and even after a year that's still fresh in my mind. Is there enough in Brotherhood to distinguish itself?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Jeels said:
Someone persuade me to get this game. I loved ACII, but it did get repetitive at points, and even after a year that's still fresh in my mind. Is there enough in Brotherhood to distinguish itself?
Yes.

Toski

NinjaFridge said:
Altair redesigned it so the Assassin wouldn't have to lose their finger. It was done, i believe to make it harder for the Templars to notice them. Same reason you can use poison in AC2 but not in AC. It was forbidden but Altair, knowing what would come allowed the Order to use it.
Actually I believe Leonardo modified it so that Ezio could keep his ring finger. I don't recall seeing it in the codex pages that said Altair modified it himself.

I actually like the idea of having the Assassin giving up their ring finger for the hidden blade. They're "married" to the Creed.

fernoca

Toski said:
Actually I believe Leonardo modified it so that Ezio could keep his ring finger. I don't recall seeing it in the codex pages that said Altair modified it himself.

I actually like the idea of having the Assassin giving up their ring finger for the hidden blade. They're "married" to the Creed.
It was Altair; the thing of the ring finger is still in spirit in any case (the whole ritual of burning the ring).
Spoilers (I guess) from Assassin's Creed II:
This revised hidden blade had been designed by Altaïr (presumably through using the Apple of Eden) so that the Assassins, who he intended to go undercover, could not be identified by the lack of a ring finger. Furthermore, the mechanism did not require a wrist "flick" to extend the blade, thus the user could retract the blade without any wrist or hand movement, and as pictured the weapon could be used with a clenched fist (Giovanni has only been depicted as using a clenched fist, while Ezio would use the "traditional" open hand as did Altaïr).

DrBo42

Anyway yes, there are 2 modes not listed in the OP. Advanced Wanted and Manhunt. Advanced Wanted is basically Wanted without the compass telling you whether the target is above, or below. Manhunt, separates the lobby into 2 teams of four. The teams will then take turns being hunter and prey, except the players on a team are all the same model. Those two modes I believe are level specific unlocks.

DrBo42 said:
Anyway yes, there are 2 modes not listed in the OP. Advanced Wanted and Manhunt. Advanced Wanted is basically Wanted without the compass telling you whether the target is above, or below. Manhunt, separates the lobby into 2 teams of four. The teams will then take turns being hunter and prey, except the players on a team are all the same model. Those two modes I believe are level specific unlocks.

Hate to be nitpicky, but can you be more specific on those two modes? The only difference in advanced wanted is the level meter of the compass being gone? Like, it's not dramatically less accurate or something?

Also, I'm kind of unclear on Manhunt. If that's the case then what's to stop the hunted team from just running around like retards.

DrBo42

Snapshot King said:
Hate to be nitpicky, but can you be more specific on those two modes? The only difference in advanced wanted is the level meter of the compass being gone? Like, it's not dramatically less accurate or something?

Also, I'm kind of unclear on Manhunt. If that's the case then what's to stop the hunted team from just running around like retards.
The only difference between Wanted and Advanced Wanted is that in Advanced, the compass will not tell you if your target is either above or below you. Manhunt it's offense and defense based on rounds. If you run around like a moron, you will be much easier to spot, and I imagine the entire enemy team can see your position.

I haven't played them so I can't be more specific than the above, sorry.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Toski said:

Alright, did a little poking around. Evidence points towards Altair being the one that modified it, but it's not 100% clear.

Codex pages were transcribed here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/956858-assassins-creed-ii/faqs/58383

Page 3 contains the blueprints for the hidden blade. But it doesn't show the sheath or the hand. Different pages talk about adding poison and shooting projectiles. You might be able to infer that if Altair could make a gun out of the thing, he could probably remove the necessity of removing the finger.

Here's the cutscene where Ezio obtains the blade from Leonardo. Note that he says "it's been modified", not "i've modified it".

Toski

fernoca said:
It was Altair; the thing of the ring finger is still in spirit in any case (the whole ritual of burning the ring).
Spoilers (I guess) from Assassin's Creed II:
I just went through the Codex pages in AC2, and the closest thing I could find to preserving the ring finger while keeping the hidden blade was page 6. It didn't say how to do it, just that they should be open to the option of using poison and keeping the finger to blend in better. The other pages about the hidden blade didn't have any modifications for keeping the finger.

I remember hearing before AC2 launched that the reason Ezio kept his finger was because of Leonardo's genius, but thats just what I remember. Maybe another AC game shed light on this.

Talon

Toski said:
I just went through the Codex pages in AC2, and the closest thing I could find to preserving the ring finger while keeping the hidden blade was page 6. It didn't say how to do it, just that they should be open to the option of using poison and keeping the finger to blend in better. The other pages about the hidden blade didn't have any modifications for keeping the finger.

I remember hearing before AC2 launched that the reason Ezio kept his finger was because of Leonardo's genius, but thats just what I remember. Maybe another AC game shed light on this.
I'm pretty sure Leonardo says explicitly that he changed the design to make it more elegant. That cutscene starts with Leonardo bringing out a butchers knife and telling Ezio to put his hand on the block.

Toski

ZealousD said:
Alright, did a little poking around. Evidence points towards Altair being the one that modified it, but it's not 100% clear.

Codex pages were transcribed here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/956858-assassins-creed-ii/faqs/58383

Page 3 contains the blueprints for the hidden blade. But it doesn't show the sheath or the hand. Different pages talk about adding poison and shooting projectiles. You might be able to infer that if Altair could make a gun out of the thing, he could probably remove the necessity of removing the finger.

Here's the cutscene where Ezio obtains the blade from Leonardo. Note that he says "it's been modified", not "i've modified it".
Leonardo also pretends to chop off Ezio's finger too. It's funny we can't tell who modified it:lol .

ZealousD

Toski said:
Leonardo also pretends to chop off Ezio's finger too. It's funny we can't tell who modified it:lol .

I keep going back and forth too. The hidden blade design is on page 3, but Altair talks about the possibility of modifying it on later pages. I think it's page 3 that you give to him?

It's weird. With all the research that Altair did to try and remove the need to cut the finger, along with all the other stuff like filling it with poison and making it a gun, they couldn't come up with a way to keep the finger? And yet Leonardo would pull it off in a few hours? I'm so confused now. :lol

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
I'm sure it was implied that Altair was able to figure out how to keep the ring finger in the codex and that Leonardo only followed the blueprint. Perhaps the Apple helped Altair out?

Toski

ZealousD said:
I keep going back and forth too. The hidden blade design is on page 3, but Altair talks about the possibility of modifying it on later pages. I think it's page 3 that you give to him?

It's weird. With all the research that Altair did to try and remove the need to cut the finger, along with all the other stuff like filling it with poison and making it a gun, they couldn't come up with a way to keep the finger? And yet Leonardo would pull it off in a few hours? I'm so confused now. :lol
As I said, I remember one of the developers implied that Leonardo fixed the flaw in the blade that made the user give up the finger. I guess this was before they decided to put a gun in there. :lol

Jangaroo said:
I'm sure it was implied that Altair was able to figure out how to keep
the ring finger in the codex and that Leonardo only followed the blueprint. Perhaps the Apple helped Altair out?
I looked at the pages and only page 6 had anything on preserving the ring finger while wielding the hidden blade, and it wasn't a how to. Altair talked about the possibility of not cutting off the finger, but nothing about how to build the blade without cutting off the finger.

ZealousD

Toski said:
I looked at the pages and only page 6 had anything on preserving the ring finger while wielding the hidden blade, and it wasn't a how to.

Page 13 has another mention.

There's no one to play with online. :( Searching.. searching... searching... and to think I was going to try and stream this. Would've been a whole lot of staring at a Searching screen.

But then again, it is pretty late. lol

DrBo42 said:
Which version?
PS3. Guessing you have the 360 version? (avatar stereotyping)
Up to 4 in the lobby now, though. Just two more! :lol

EDIT: Oh, and I guess these are very early gameplay spoilers but if you beat AC2 then it's nothing really serious, I guess... but eh you guys are sensitive about spoilers so I'm tagging it:
Desmond gameplay: holy Uncharted, Batman! It feels so much like it (minus the shooting, of course), and even has the Drake and Elena banter between Desmond and... not-Elena. It's hilarious. :lol

Speedymanic said:
Guys, you're all focusing on the wrong thing. If the blueprints were modified, why did Lucy cut off her finger?

:lol

She... didn't.

You guys remember that cutscene in the tower with all the other assassins before the hilarious leap of faith near the end? All those people still have their ring fingers. Pretty sure that Altair redesigned the blade and Leonardo rebuilt it based on Altair's redesigns.

Toski

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
She... didn't.

You guys remember that cutscene in the tower with all the other assassins before the hilarious leap of faith near the end? All those people still have their ring fingers. Pretty sure that Altair redesigned the blade and Leonardo rebuilt it based on Altair's redesigns.
I was thinking about this. Then again, I never saw them use hidden blades so whatevs.

ZealousD

Speedymanic said:
Guys, you're all focusing on the wrong thing. If the blueprints were modified, why did Lucy cut off her finger?

Lucy didn't cut off her finger. She merely pulled it back as a sign to show that she was an Assassin.

ZealousD

Woah dudes, I just had a crazy theory about how everything fits together. Don't highlight if you haven't played AC2!

We're all part of a giant futuristic MMO. The Ones Who Came Before were the players of the game, and the Pieces of Eden were special items that only the GMs were suppose to use. We're all the NPCs. However, we NPCs spiraled out of control and ended up killing most of the players. Because we went out of control, the businessmen who run the game want to shut it down. The date of shutdown is December 12, 2012 in the game's time.

The Roman Gods, like Minerva, are actually the developers of the game. They want the game to remain open. They feel that if an NPC can can control all of the GM items, they can prevent the servers from being shut down somehow. The Assassin Bloodline is actually a special AI program that propagates itself like the normal NPCs of the game, but is endowed with special abilities like the Eagle Vision. In addition, the bloodline is completely set and is not allowed to have random permutations. This is how they know Desmond will exist in the future. And Desmond's genetic memory is simply bits and pieces of the AI program from his ancestors. The bleeding effect is actually how the Assassin's Bloodline "levels up".

The Templars are NPCs who became self aware that they are a part of a game. They know that collecting all the GM items will stop the server from shutting down, but they also desire the power to escape from the game. The satellite that they are launching into space will somehow give them the ability to not only stop the destruction of the server, but escape it as well. The Templars mention that they have been driving all technological advance of mankind. This is because they needed sufficient technology to escape the Earth and do whatever they need to do in space. Although the developers of the game want the game to continue, they don't want rogue, sentient AI programs in their universe. This is why they are against the Templars.

Everything I've just said is actually a joke.

Sai-kun

Banned
ZealousD said:
Woah dudes, I just had a crazy theory about how everything fits together. Don't highlight if you haven't played AC2!

We're all part of a giant futuristic MMO. The Ones Who Came Before were the players of the game, and the Pieces of Eden were special items that only the GMs were suppose to use. We're all the NPCs. However, we NPCs spiraled out of control and ended up killing most of the players. Because we went out of control, the businessmen who run the game want to shut it down. The date of shutdown is December 12, 2012 in the game's time.

The Roman Gods, like Minerva, are actually the developers of the game. They want the game to remain open. They feel that if an NPC can can control all of the GM items, they can prevent the servers from being shut down somehow. The Assassin Bloodline is actually a special AI program that propagates itself like the normal NPCs of the game, but is endowed with special abilities like the Eagle Vision. In addition, the bloodline is completely set and is not allowed to have random permutations. This is how they know Desmond will exist in the future. And Desmond's genetic memory is simply bits and pieces of the AI program from his ancestors. The bleeding effect is actually how the Assassin's Bloodline "levels up".

The Templars are NPCs who became self aware that they are a part of a game. They know that collecting all the GM items will stop the server from shutting down, but they also desire the power to escape from the game. The satellite that they are launching into space will somehow give them the ability to not only stop the destruction of the server, but escape it as well. The Templars mention that they have been driving all technological advance of mankind. This is because they needed sufficient technology to escape the Earth and do whatever they need to do in space. Although the developers of the game want the game to continue, they don't want rogue, sentient AI programs in their universe. This is why they are against the Templars.

So...

.hack?

ZealousD

Sai-kun said:
So...

.hack?

Only thing .hack I've seen was .hack//SIGN, and that was a long time ago. I was actually thinking Star Ocean 3.

God I hate that game.

DrBo42

Just completed the first main assassination of the game, it was fantastic. Infiltrated, assassinated, and managed to exfiltrate completely unseen. AWESOME.

mehdi_san

ZealousD said:

I don't know why, but your post reminded me of Loop, the third novel in the Ring trilogy :lol I'm not even sure I ever understood the story in that book, something about scientists recreating life in a computer simulation, and Sadako trying to escape from the simulation to the real world, or something like that ^^

Hixx

EricHasNoPull said:
So What did you guys end up doing?

I know he's been banned but can a mod edit this post to remove the spoiler, I'm not particularly arsed about ACB spoilers so highlighted it and I'm half way through FNV :/

Fucking arsehole.

Top Bottom