• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed II - The |OT|

JB1981

beelzebozo said:
gametrailers footage blew my mind.

i'm a sucker for treasure chests :lol

I like how the treasure chests are right out in the open, glowing gold - seems pretty stupid.

I'm glad this one seems to be turning out well. The first one was a game I wanted to like but didn't. So hopefully this will be a reboot gameplay wise of a potentially good series.

JB1981

i thought someone in this thread who was in the know said the 360 version is locked w/ no tearing. this GT video is tearing out the ass

jett

D-Member
JB1981 said:
i thought someone in this thread who was in the know said the 360 version is locked w/ no tearing. this GT video is tearing out the ass

Yeah the 360 version tears and drops frames, if the OnTheSpot video is anything to go by.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
JB1981 said:
I like how the treasure chests are right out in the open, glowing gold - seems pretty stupid.

the design of the item drops is really the least of my concerns with this game, really.

Ranger X

JB1981 said:

How about a way to spot them? Also, unlike 99% of the games out there, this glowing is explained. It's the animus making important things easier to spot for Desmond when he's in the memory.

Rez said:
I'm okay for a forced restart with some specifically labeled stealth missions. I hated it in AC1 when I'd try and do something stealthily, but then stuff up and have no way to retry quickly.

Same here, this is what I was trying to say earlier. There's no doubt that ultimately, the only way you could succeed without extreme frustration is by going in "guns blazin'". Things seem much more focused now.

JB1981

Ranger X said:
How about a way to spot them? Also, unlike 99% of the games out there, this glowing is explained. It's the animus making important things easier to spot for Desmond when he's in the memory.

Yea that I can understand I just find the concept strange. I like the idea of having hard-to-get-at item type missions but placing them in wide open areas in a busy city doesn't make much sense.

JB1981 said:
Yea that I can understand I just find the concept strange. I like the idea of having hard-to-get-at item type missions but placing them in wide open areas in a busy city doesn't make much sense.

You have to remember that this game is entirely based upon a machine that decodes genetic memory and implements it into a virtual reality. The programmers of this system wanted this stuff to stand out because it was an important part of the game. It's not just some gimmick really. Money plays a very important role in this game. Therefore, making the chests easier to spot only benefits Desmond/Ezio allowing for progression of both Desmond's training/knowledge of the events, and the narrative itself. I don't see how it's hard to think of it like that and accept it. I found it quite difficult to hunt for flags because they were a bitch to SEE until you were right up close.

Screen-tearing, pretty big pop-in... I'm liking what I see of the gameplay but not so much the tech. I don't remember the original having such problems, but its been a long time since I played it.

jett

D-Member
SecretBonusPoint said:
Screen-tearing, pretty big pop-in... I'm liking what I see of the gameplay but not so much the tech. I don't remember the original having such problems, but its been a long time since I played it.

I haven't played the console version in forever, but one thing that annoys me in the PC AC1 is the hideous shadow LOD pop-in, no amount of tinkering in the options or config files fixes it. I'm disappointed to see that it's back in full force in AC2. :|

SecretBonusPoint said:

From what I heard the screen-tearing is just from Ubisoft's crappy encoding. Or at least for the 360 version.

Also that mace counter from the loot video was hot.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I have the PS3 Master's Edition, the PSP game, and the DS game all preordered at my local GS. Can't wait.

Ranger X

JB1981 said:

I understand where you are going and that you like hard to find stuff but they didn't want to have extra stuff like that is "hard to find". They actually want people to DO the extra stuff. Also, the cities are so complex anyways that you WILL need to explore really good if you want to find all the chests. If ever you can't find them all, you can also buy treasures maps in the game. I think it's fair for everyone, you can explore crazy or buy a map. Depends what your fun is.

OmonRa said:
no he's awesome but I guess different people will have different opinions

I'm sorry, I'm only basing my comment on prevviews I've read which mention his part as being 'irritating'. I wasn't casting my own aspersions on his ability to entertain.

kamencreed2.jpg

..But is it safe to play???

Nachkebia

Banned
Nobody will ever, ever! get banned for playing official game on unhacked xbox, I also could get the game today but I rather wait for reviews and your opinios :)

Ridley327 said:
Kamen Rider will protect you.

You don't get banned for playing street dated game early

LOL!

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Play it and post impressions!! If you get banned I'll avenge your death!!

Im heading out in a little bit but if I do play it will be for a half hour or so.

Snowden

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
You have to remember that this game is entirely based upon a machine that decodes genetic memory and implements it into a virtual reality. The programmers of this system wanted this stuff to stand out because it was an important part of the game. It's not just some gimmick really.

:lol

kaskade

I think it was the bombcast that was saying how no one with a legitimate retail copy has ever been banned from XBL from playing before street date. Go for it, and give us impressions :D

Ok so far the game looks very good. Combat to me feels alot more smooth and fluid than the first game. Also
baby Ezio
:lol thats all Im gonna say.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
RiderKairuu said:
LOL!

Im heading out in a little bit but if I do play it will be for a half hour or so.

The first part of the game is a bit lengthy, before you're on your own, I would wait.

Edit: Too late:p

Blizzard

Banned
This relates to multiple games, but I just thought I'd say:

I was in a restaurant for like three hours today, watching a football game. During that time period, I saw two Assassin's Creed 2 commercials (same one), two or three Modern Warfare 2 commercials (same one), a PS3 commercial, two Band Hero commercials (same one), and a New Super Mario Brothers Wii commercial. Granted, one of those was on Nick, but everything else was on stations like ESPN/ESPN2. Just felt kind of weird seeing all the game ads.

Ether_Snake said:
The first part of the game is a bit lengthy, before you're on your own, I would wait.

Edit: Too late:p

Indeed lol..I kinda figured that would be the case anyway since you have to learn to be an assassin.

bridegur

Despite the crappy looking water and hokey idea of guards just standing around protecting random treasure chests, that Gametrailers video makes the game look like a lot of fun.

Top Bottom