• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation |OT| VITA LA REVOLUTION

Ah man so first real disappointment is the MP :<
Wanted to have scaled down MP on the go! Maybe next time (if it sells well ... hope it sells well).

Oh well still hyped as fuck. Booted up Bloodlines on my OG PSP, It's like playing a PS1 game.

so whats the details on the MP? Whats it like?

Peff

I recorded some mid-game gameplay, but I forgot about the PAL widescreen stuff some cameras do :/. For those who were wondering what the hood looks like:

Z0g0S.jpg

tahsutify

I have a US account, the game is $40 on PSN. When I go to Shopto or Sendit, it is £40. How can they expect us to buy retail games is beyond me. Do you guys know any place where I can order it in "normal prices"? International shipping is a must.

Dunan

I have a US account, the game is $40 on PSN. When I go to Shopto or Sendit, it is £40. How can they expect us to buy retail games is beyond me. Do you guys know any place where I can order it in "normal prices"? International shipping is a must.

Play-Asia sold me an American version at the US retail price ($40) and is shipping it to me for free. Shipping is from Hong Kong, so it might take some time.

Massa

Oh lord, it's beautiful. I need a vita.
Gonna sell my 3DS... anybody knows how to get a cheap vita in germany?

You can probably get a Vita with this game and a memory card for 249 Euros.

Might want to ask in the Vita services thread to see if someone from Germany knows of a better deal.

Vlodril

Got to say Ubisoft did an amazing job. The game never stops feeling like a full fledged Assasins Creed game. Its very impressive.

Also
Poor gerard got friendzoned hard

tahsutify

Play-Asia sold me an American version at the US retail price ($40) and is shipping it to me for free. Shipping is from Hong Kong, so it might take some time.

Thanks. I may order it from there, depending on the size of Most Wanted Vita. One of them will be from PSN.

Shtof

When is the review embargo up, both for this and the console version? I might pick up Sony's PSN bundle if review turns out like really good.

I recorded some mid-game gameplay, but I forgot about the PAL widescreen stuff some cameras do :/. For those who were wondering what the hood looks like:

The aliasing looks pretty bad in screens. I hope it doesn't look that bad while playing, I dont remember it being like that while playing it at PAX.

Dawg

The aliasing looks pretty bad in screens. I hope it doesn't look that bad while playing, I dont remember it being like that while playing it at PAX.

The screens are bigger than your vita screen. It's obvious that everything will get stretched and look worse. Don't worry, it'll look awesome on the vita when you play it.

Jim

Quite sure it's native resolution. And the aliasing is very much under control. I have no image quality complaints at all.

Peff

There is actually a leaflet inside the game box telling you to buy AC3 if you want to play the mission as him, and it's in the digital manual as well, so I didn't think it was much of a spoiler. Though I guess some people won't even touch the manual so they wouldn't know, heh.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Quite sure it's native resolution. And the aliasing is very much under control. I have no image quality complaints at all.

Hmmmm. Have you played MK, Uncharted of Gravity Rush? If the image quality is like in those games, then is not native. If it looks like PS All Stars, then it is native.

Tiamant

Liberation has been selling good these days across Spain, 3rd place only behind of Layton and AC3 PS3, this means selling more units that AC3 360 and Pokemon. The ratio PS3/Vita is 4:1 and a lot of people who grab the PS3 version asks about Liberation.

Of course this doesn't mean too much, but it's seeling way better than anything on the vita before.

Astra

Only a few more days!
So glad Futureshop is giving a $50 gift card with the Vita bundle. That will pay for most of ACIII as well.

Mario007

Liberation has been selling good these days across Spain, 3rd place only behind of Layton and AC3 PS3, this means selling more units that AC3 360 and Pokemon. The ratio PS3/Vita is 4:1 and a lot of people who grab the PS3 version asks about Liberation.

Of course this doesn't mean too much, but it's seeling way better than anything on the vita before.

If true, this is impressive. If I remember correctly really only UK has the Vita games doing ok, so this would be huge.

Also any word on how the bundle is selling?

Having never played any Assassin's Creed game, I have to say that the combat in those videos really looks stupid. Why is everyone of your enemies lining up, waiting to get a beating once you have the time to deal with them? Did they come up with that for this version or is that just how these games play?

Massa

Having never played any Assassin's Creed game, I have to say that the combat in those videos really looks stupid. Why is everyone of your enemies lining up, waiting to get a beating once you have the time to deal with them? Did they come up with that for this version or is that just how these games play?

It looks less stupid when you're playing it. :p

The combat in these games is about patience and counter attacking. People that try to go on the offensive 100% of the time tend to do pretty badly, so it's also possible you were watching a video of someone "playing it wrong".

I really wish I'd jumped on Sainsbury's £190 LBP bundle deal now, unless they are doing the same for the Liberation bundle.

Also people may not be able to answer this yet but I'm assuming with the PS3 connectivity
that you can replay the mission at anytime and choose which character you play as

Peff

Finished... I think. I'll try to write something more detailed later, but basically what you see is what you get, which for a handheld is pretty impressive.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Finished... I think. I'll try to write something more detailed later, but basically what you see is what you get, which for a handheld is pretty impressive.

My main question is always this for "console-type" games on portables; does it feel polished and it works well for the platform it was designed, or does it feel like a poor man's console game that tried to do much more than it can handle?

Mario007

I can see Ubi throwing Sofia Studio to work on AC yearly sequels with Ubisoft Montreal( Infinity Ward and Treyarch style) it's the only way for Ubi to not get trash sequels like Revelations again.

I think you can bet on a Liberation sequel with Sofia and maybe some other studio on the Vita if this sells well. Potential for year AC sequels on the Vita is still pretty much all there and they can visit some locales that fans have been asking for.

Derrick01

Banned
I think you can bet on a Liberation sequel with Sofia and maybe some other studio on the Vita if this sells well. Potential for year AC sequels on the Vita is still pretty much all there and they can visit some locales that fans have been asking for.

There's only that pesky sales thing they have to worry about. There's only a few million vitas out there so there's not a ton of realistic sales potential with this game.

Carl

Yeah hopefuilly if Liberation sells well it will become a yearly series on Vita too, lol. Probably Aveline will have her own series on Vita.

Top Bottom