• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation |OT| VITA LA REVOLUTION

demolitio

Jesus, you're a testy bunch. Play it where you want and don't bother caring where others play it? It has nothing to do with shitting on MS and the 360 as if they've been persecuted in this thread. I swear, this place jumps to extremes all the time.

I was worried that Liberation would look that way outside of New Orleans but the swamp looked good. I think it's inevitable to have some spots that don't look too good in any game that large, but those screens have to have something going on like textures not loading correctly or LODs or something.

Thanks for the 10 minute video by the way. That will hold me over and convince me it's not the usual Ubi launch game. :p

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I'm a fan of Aveline's design.
Though I am wondering if they included an unlockable outfit with a hood to satisfy those who don't like her default Assassin outfit.

Well Aveline outfit (unlike Conner) fit the era,Conner's Altair hood is just wrong in this setting and era,Altair used it to blend in with both Muslims and Christians and the rest of his outfit was similar to what people wear,now in america it just don't make sense anymore.

iNvid02

Because It's Gaf and a chance to shit on MS and the 360.

3pmcvj.jpg

OmegaZero

Looks amazing, as usual.

Well Aveline outfit (unlike Conner) fit the era,Conner's Altair hood is just wrong in this setting and era,Altair used it to blend in with both Muslims and Christians and the rest of his outfit was similar to what people wear,now in america it just don't make sense anymore.

Oh, I agree.
But the hood something that many people associate with Assassin's Creed, so I wanted to see if they addressed that.
Hopefully they have unlockable "ultimate armor" like the armor of Altair.

Mario007

Looks amazing, as usual.

Oh, I agree.
But the hood something that many people associate with Assassin's Creed, so I wanted to see if they addressed that.
Hopefully they have unlockable "ultimate armor" like the armor of Altair.

I think you'll get a Connor skin if you buy both games so that's as close as it gets for wearing a head in Liberation.

Peff

Some more pics, a few of them are from the third hub, which you seemingly reach surprisingly early.

http://i.imgur.com/4eiti.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OnAWH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CSY4v.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/807e0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yuLzh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bztQp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sSFP1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CUBxD.jpg

Also, new item!
A whip, which is pretty cool and allows you to jump farther horizontally at specific points, plus you can use it to bring enemies to you. Nice.

OmegaZero

Some more pics, a few of them are from the third hub, which you seemingly reach surprisingly early.

Also, new item!
A whip, which is pretty cool and allows you to jump farther horizontally at specific points, plus you can use it to bring enemies to you. Nice.

Looking good.
Also, the whip is showcased in several trailers and even on the official site, so I wouldn't say it's a spoiler.

Jim

A polished AC game?
No way. :b

I've played them all, and it's more polished than most of the PS3 games so far, hah.
City environments aren't quite as dense, but the framerate doesn't kick the bucket as much.

Though I am wondering if they included an unlockable outfit with a hood to satisfy those who don't like her default Assassin outfit.

The tailor sells the assassin hood as a "hat", and other outfits for all the personas
:)

Climbing trees and other structures as viewpoints is a nice change of pace.

Pimpbaa

I know that is probably the textures not loading up & really is not indicative of the game technically, BUT HOLY SHIT IS THE GAME EMPTY!
Previous 4 Assassins Creed Game has bustling, populated cities with amazing multi story architecture all throughout.

THIS HAS NOTHING!

You are basing this on 3 freaking pictures? Did you even play the other games? Areas outside of the cities always looked like this.

OmegaZero

I've played them all, and it's more polished than most of the PS3 games so far, hah.
City environments aren't quite as dense, but the framerate barely kicks the bucket as much.
The tailor sells the assassin hood, and other outfits for all the personas
:)

Awesome, thanks for the impressions.
Now the only thing I'm worrying about is multiplayer.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Yea, those AC3 shots look not that much different from the Italian countryside in AC2 or whatever.

Except for the colors, they look too washed-out.

Tiamant

wMxBu.jpg

6kPfq.jpg

W7O2J.jpg

Also the merchant minigame

8j7jp.jpg

IIy7R.jpg

ax8ee.jpg

It's a shame that the alternate outfits are just palette swaps :(

OmegaZero

Sweet screens yet again, Tiamant.
At least now I know what the trading minigame looks like. Hopefully it's fun.

EDIT: Eh, palette swaps.
Hoping you can unlock more then that.

Vlodril

So the multiplayer is up. Didn't have any tutorial so i have no idea what i am doing. seems browser like game. Not impressed.

SRTtoZ

Screens look great, cannot wait for Tuesday when my bundle arrives.

Also, I dont give 2 shits about MP. I had no idea people even played the MP in the previous ones...

The real question is, which game to play first...

demolitio

So the multiplayer is up. Didn't have any tutorial so i have no idea what i am doing. seems browser like game. Not impressed.

Yea, that was a discussion we had a few pages back. Sounds tacked on which is why we didn't hear of it before launch. It's a shame because that's a huge lost opportunity in terms of great MP on the Vita. No one said it had to be identical to AC3, but that style of MP would be perfect for a portable device. They even had a lot of unique opportunities with the locations and the new gameplay that could be used online.

I'm not foaming at the mouth or anything, but it's just a lost opportunity to bring a good MP to the Vita.

VanWinkle

Ehh, I'll probably never use that multiplayer. Doesn't look like something I would like, but oh well. I wasn't expecting anything great, and it may be fun for some people.

I haven't looked through the trophy list as to not accidentally spoil anything... how many multi trophies are there? Does it seem like they'll take a lot of time?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Yea, that was a discussion we had a few pages back. Sounds tacked on which is why we didn't hear of it before launch. It's a shame because that's a huge lost opportunity in terms of great MP on the Vita. No one said it had to be identical to AC3, but that style of MP would be perfect for a portable device. They even had a lot of unique opportunities with the locations and the new gameplay that could be used online.

I'm not foaming at the mouth or anything, but it's just a lost opportunity to bring a good MP to the Vita.

Yeah I agree.

and seeing what Sofia is doing with AC3:L (a full AC experience with tons of new ideas) I guess there was just no time for them to have a real MP option here.

Tiamant

Each round lasts a week, it's very confusing and they dont give any explanations, feels a lot like a facebook game with a really nice UI.

Meh, back to killing people with my umbrella.

wow game looks good.

It's so odd that the MC doesn't walk like a 'video game lady' :p

I guess they were just lazy and reused connor's animations eh?

OmegaZero

Each round lasts a week, it's very confusing and they dont give any explanations, feels a lot like a facebook game with a really nice UI.

Sounds great.
Can't wait
to play single player

EDIT:
wow game looks good.

It's so odd that the MC doesn't walk like a 'video game lady' :p

I guess they were just lazy and reused connor's animations eh?

Yeah, they tweaked them to be more feminine, but from what I've seen, she shares many animations with Connor.

A WEEK!? How on earth are we meant to play 100 battles then? Is it a fake week, which only lasts an hour or something? Or can we set up multiple battles at a time? I don't understand.

Vlodril

They could even do some kind of base defence revelations had. didn't need the full deal of the consoles but what it has is .. pitiful. There is no active participation. Anyway i am not much for mp myself so i don't care its just a waste of an effort.

Top Bottom