• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation |OT| VITA LA REVOLUTION

OmegaZero

The combat looks a little bit rougher than the console version but that was to be expected. For a portable game, Liberation looks really good visually for the most part, but I honestly wasn't expecting that much aliasing. It's not Gravity Daze level, but it's pretty bad. Is that due to the game running in sub-Vita resolution?

Yup, that's pretty much it.
One of the reasons why I love native res titles, or at least ones with dynamic resolution changes like WipEout and Ninja Gaiden.

Carl

but I honestly wasn't expecting that much aliasing. It's not Gravity Daze level, but it's pretty bad. Is that due to the game running in sub-Vita resolution?

It's because Vita screenshots are terrible measure of what it actually looks like on the Vita. :p

I'm sure it'd look fine on a Vita.

Tiamant

As I said I'm no expert on framerate. I'm one of those people who played Shadow of the Colossus without any problem and when then read the internet and discovered the fps outrage was like "oh, yeah, now that you mention it, it's true"

Sometimes when Aveline starts a jumping animation the game makes a subtle slowdown (not very often really), about the blurry graphics there might be some bloom just like the one that first next gen games had (not as exaggerated) and the backgrounds have too a subtle blur.

I don't know, I'm just having so much fun I haven't really payed attention.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Lol you guys basically said the exact opposite of each other. It's just that in some of the other Vita topics, the direct screen captures posted up don't have this much aliasing. It's not a deal breaker but it's definitely noticeable.

Hope this is a commercial success (relative to the number of Vita's sold currently of course) because this type of support deserves it.

All these impressions and screenshots, I dunno if I'm going to last the wait till release date!!!

Sid

Lol you guys basically said the exact opposite of each other.
Yeah,these screens look hideous compared to what they look on the vita's 5 inch OLED that's all there is to it and even then the vita screenshot function has image compression.

VanWinkle

Yeah,these screens look hideous compared to what they look on the vita's 5 inch OLED that's all there is to it and even then the vita screenshot function has image compression.

To be fair, I don't know how ANYBODY could say those screens, even being clearly sub-native, look "hideous". You can still tell it has great graphics, just unfortunately being sub-native res. But you are right that they look better on the Vita's screen. In fact, having downloaded the pictures and looked at them ON the Vita's screen, they look fantastic (not to mention they are at least slightly compressed from the image capture process).

VanWinkle

:bow Ubisoft Sofia :bow

If this is as great as it looks Sofia may make a name for itself.

I was thinking the same thing. I mean, they did work on Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars for the 3DS which supposedly was good, although I haven't played it myself. But this is clearly a bigger budget AAA-style game. I hope they pulled it off.

Tiamant

Regarding New Orleans size:

j5MR3.jpg

xuVJ9.jpg

BUi0o.jpg

sUYxg.jpg

58d5P.jpg

cvnHH.jpg

Cjxql.jpg

There's a bit more of space under that, so far I'd say I've seen 30% of the city.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
:bow Ubisoft Sofia :bow

If this is as great as it looks Sofia may make a name for itself.

realistic scenario#1
-Game get good reviews/sell decent somehow
-Ubi make Sofia a console studio work on helping Montreal with AC3 yearly sequels

realistic scenario#2
-Games bombs
-Ubi shut down Sofia.

it is a lose, lose situation

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
How many hours have you played?is the game just as fun as AC2?

Why ask when he just started. It will take some time to digest. I'm sure have more concise opinions as some have had review copies for a bit longer. Best to wait for that to materialize and just enjoy the pics for now.

Takao

Banned
realistic scenario#1
-Game get good reviews/sell decent somehow
-Ubi make Sofia a console studio work on helping Montreal with AC3 yearly sequels

realistic scenario#2
-Games bombs
-Ubi shut down Sofia.

it is a lose, lose situation

Is Ubisoft one to shut down a studio?

Dunan

Extremely minor thing: look at the word "fijar" at the bottom of the map screens. The "i" and "j" are kerned so that the hook of the j goes under the i. While computers have been doing that for the last few years, I don't think I've ever seen that on a portable game machine before. Trivial? Sure, but God is in the details.

Midou

Always liked AC 1 the best. Never liked ezio.

It's just AC1 powerfully repetitive and you never do any real assassinations. Everything is always chasing someone down or fighting hordes of their troops after they spot you and all that. It's nice in AC2 trilogy when you can kill a major political influence by stabbing him in the throat as he looks out his window and no one is the wiser. Plus the fact that you aren't doing investigate -> 'assassinate' -> run away so linearly.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I need to get out of this thread.

Those screens are making me feel really jealous... *goes back to sleep*

...oh gosh i need it nooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Dunan said:
Extremely minor thing: look at the word "fijar" at the bottom of the map screens. The "i" and "j" are kerned so that the hook of the j goes under the i. While computers have been doing that for the last few years, I don't think I've ever seen that on a portable game machine before. Trivial? Sure, but God is in the details.
I love that so much. Such a good use of descenders.

btw, you're one of the several people on GAF that I blame for getting me into the series by pushing me to play AC2. :p

Tiamant

Can you go into the woods at all? Or does entering the woods just send you to the swamp area

Too soon in the history to move out the city I guess.

Slave Aveline is cool when fighting, she has a machete and does crazy swordplay moves with it. If you have played FFXIII-2 and looked closely at Noel movements with his swords you can get an idea.

Another cool detail. There was this npc toying with an apple throwing it up when I pushed him accidentaly and the apple fell to the ground, he was pissed and alerted the guards :(

Sid

Too soon in the history to move out the city I guess.

Slave Aveline is cool when fighting, she has a machete and does crazy swordplay moves with it. If you have played FFXIII-2 and looked closely at Noel movements with his swords you can get an idea.

Another cool detail. There was this npc toying with an apple throwing it up when I pushed him accidentaly and the apple fell to the ground, he was pissed and alerted the guards :(
Are there side missions?

Vlodril

Just went to the shop and got it. Got back and my vita is drained of charge. Nooooo. Haha i guess ill have to wait for it recharge.

Regarding New Orleans size:

http://i.imgur.com/j5MR3.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xuVJ9.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BUi0o.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/sUYxg.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/58d5P.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cvnHH.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Cjxql.jpg[IMG]

There's a bit more of space under that, so far I'd say I've seen 30% of the city.[/QUOTE]

So I'm guessing she's at the top of the pre-fire Cathedral in this shot. Christ, I can tell I'm gonna be such an anal nerd over this...

Anyways, I think I can no longer say no to the Vita bundle for this.

Tiamant

I just found the first bug. During a cutscene I pressed start and the menu popped out (you can't skip cutscenes) when I resumed the cutscene one character was frozen but the items he was holding were floating around the room.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I don't know if this is possible but, can you check how big (file size) is the game with a retail copy? I plan to download this bad boy, so I wanna make sure I have enough space.

Top Bottom