• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

atre324

Ok so... Ellen spends literally alllllllll day eating and smoking. GET TO WORK YOU LAZY WENCH! Ive spent way too long trying to record her.

Ubi decides to rerelease the complete AC collection on next gen with a boost in visuals and performance with or without added content to smooth out the story.... do you bite?

My cheeks hurt thinking about the hook since I don't have a PC to appreciate the potential of the current games.

I went back to work on the platinum for this, I was about 89% completion and I already finished chests/feathers/etc, but holy shit is there still a ton you have to do to get 100%. I'm just going to bail, methinks. The "cleanup" just isn't fun in this one (I enjoyed it in previous entries). First AC game since 1 I won't have a platinum for.

iNvid02

I went back to work on the platinum for this, I was about 89% completion and I already finished chests/feathers/etc, but holy shit is there still a ton you have to do to get 100%. I'm just going to bail, methinks. The "cleanup" just isn't fun in this one (I enjoyed it in previous entries). First AC game since 1 I won't have a platinum for.

i couldnt do 100% on this on either, some of the requirements were just frustrating as fuck. first game in the series i didnt get 100% sync on.

Cheddahz

Banned
Guys, I got this game for free through the Xbox Live China mistake and I still haven't played it and I know it has a bad reception on GAF, but should I just play it to get it over with?

Guys, I got this game for free through the Xbox Live China mistake and I still haven't played it and I know it has a bad reception on GAF, but should I just play it to get it over with?

No, you should play it because you want to. If you don't want to, don't bother because the game sucks and you'll just be more regretful at the end of it.

I really really want to play the Washington DLC, but I have no motivation to put the disc in my 360 :/

If I'm one of the few people who really enjoyed the game, will I like the DLC?

Also, I kinda hate that I forgot all the controls lol

Toa TAK

Banned
I really really want to play the Washington DLC, but I have no motivation to put the disc in my 360 :/

Go for it. If you at all care for the game, it's nice to go through. I enjoyed it.

Lima

The DLC is the best thing about AC3. And I loved the main game. The DLC is crazy fun.

RiZ III

So I seem to be stuck right at the start here ._. I get into the seat at the theater, I see the glowing balcony in eagle view, but can't seem to get up and go anywhere. Is this a bug or something? I've pressed every button, no luck. The two stupid stage actors just keep repeating the same dialog.

So I seem to be stuck right at the start here ._. I get into the seat at the theater, I see the glowing balcony in eagle view, but can't seem to get up and go anywhere. Is this a bug or something? I've pressed every button, no luck. The two stupid stage actors just keep repeating the same dialog.

You can climb on the left side near the row you start at.

So, I played the original game on PS3 but not the King Washington DLC. If I buy AC3 deluxe PC from Uplay now will it let me play through the DLC without having a save from the main story?

Martian

Why the hell thought making Synchronize and Drop Down the same button was a good idea?

I just jumped from the same building 3 times without synchronizing. Sometimes making the controles easier isnt a good move Ubisoft

Why the hell thought making Synchronize and Drop Down the same button was a good idea?

I just jumped from the same building 3 times without synchronizing. Sometimes making the controles easier isnt a good move Ubisoft

The controls in AC3 (and incidentally, Black Flag) are terrible. Half of the time they don't even work right.

Martian

The controls in AC3 (and incidentally, Black Flag) are terrible. Half of the time they don't even work right.

Yeah, they're pretty damn terrible. I just don't understand why they changed the perfect setup (ACII and BroHo) for this weird setup.

No, Connor, I don't want to run up a building while sprinting away from guards. And no, I also don't want to jump off a building while trying to reach for the synchronization point.

Damn, my major problem with this game is the controls, and they could be easily fixed. Seriously Ubisoft I want to buy ACIV but not with that horrible control-setup

Do you guys think the season pass is worth it for a big AC fan? Ps4 version

FFS, I thought I clicked the AC4 thread in my subscribed threads. Sorry

conman

Yeah, they're pretty damn terrible. I just don't understand why they changed the perfect setup (ACII and BroHo) for this weird setup.
For the life of me, I'll never understand why they rebuilt their engine. Whatever trade-off they got for rebuilding it for AC3/AC4 wasn't worth it.

Is a multiplayer pass still required to play multiplayer for XBox 360 AC3? If so, how much is it now (I assume it's probably been discounted if one was required)? Thanks!

Edit: Poked around on xbox.com and Google and can't find it being sold anywhere -- am I missing something? Is it free?

Is a multiplayer pass still required to play multiplayer for XBox 360 AC3? If so, how much is it now (I assume it's probably been discounted if one was required)? Thanks!

Edit: Poked around on xbox.com and Google and can't find it being sold anywhere -- am I missing something? Is it free?

I found this:

If your game’s Uplay Passport has already been redeemed (such as if you’ve bought a used copy of this game), you will be able to play multiplayer but your progression will be limited to level 10. You can purchase a new Uplay Passport code online, on the Xbox Live Marketplace or the Playstation Store.

However, since they ditched the Uplay Passport program, they're probably not for sale anymore.

I'm guessing the MP will be pretty much dead at this point, though, so it's really not worth it. Save your money and buy AC4 instead.

hayguyz

Banned
I purchased the Season Pass recently during the AC sale on PSN. Nothing is in my download list. How does this work for season passes? I have never had the AC3 disc in my PS3 yet, if that makes a difference.

RedSwirl

I just started playing this game and uh... are you supposed to be able to take down Templar forts as young Connor?

I just fucking wiped this placed out in open combat, and I noticed him doing combat animations with the hidden blade even though he doesn't have it yet.

I just started playing this game and uh... are you supposed to be able to take down Templar forts as young Connor?

I just fucking wiped this placed out in open combat, and I noticed him doing combat animations with the hidden blade even though he doesn't have it yet.

in term of gameplay , you're not supposed to do them untill you have your assassin outflit.

in term of story you're not supposed to them until very late in connor story
The templar fort should have been desynchonisation zones to prevent this mess but i guess Ubisoft forgot ?

j-wood

Steam is running a sale on this for 5 bucks? How was the PC version?

I'm also thinking about getting the GOAT, AC2, because it's also 5 bucks. Are the PC versions of AC games good ports?

Top Bottom