• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

SamuraiX-

timetokill said:
:lol, so you get on me for "not reading" when you didn't even read my response? :lol

I was looking for clearly-defined text links. Not links in the image that are not even indicated to be links. They're the same damn color and font as the rest of the text on the image, and it's formatted to look like it's part of the image above.

In closing, get over yourself.

QNjCy.gif

FMxfQl.jpg

So you're getting all pissy over not being able to find the navigation settings for the OT because you decided to just complain about it first and foremost before even bothering to examine the first post? That's cool, brah.

In closing,
7fTaEl.png

Toski

Hopefully this game continues the trend of the Assassination set pieces getting up to AC1, especially since they're bringing back Altair.

Gonna be busy with this and UMVC3 next week.

wilflare

impressive OP, well done :D
this is like a one-stop for all the information on AC series :D

if only they made all their games steamworks
i might just shift my whole collection from PS3 to PC :D

Irish

wilflare said:
impressive OP, well done :D
this is like a one-stop for all the information on AC series :D

if only they made all their games steamworks
i might just shift my whole collection from PS3 to PC :D

Heh, I just did. Of course, I bought the first three on disc for the price (only $20 for the collection). The whole series on PC cost me exactly $65 (including Rev), the cost of one new console game. Now I just need to upgrade my GPU so the framerate doesn't alternate between 60 and 30 so often. Better than the console versions though because there is no tearing with V-sync on.

MjFrancis

I might jump into the MP again since there isn't any stupid fucking achievements like Brotherhood had. Extreme Variety my ass. I know I said that for like nine months, but without those type of achievements that are damn near improbable to receive sans boosting, I'm game.

Thanks Ubisoft. I appreciate it!

Massa

Have they announced anything about the original Assassin's Creed freebie for PS3 owners? I'm starting to believe that won't be the case anymore.

CyReN

Renting next Tuesday, bought the last few but money is tighter this year with a ton of releases. Still can't wait!

rataven

MjFrancis said:
I might jump into the MP again since there isn't any stupid fucking achievements like Brotherhood had. Extreme Variety my ass. I know I said that for like nine months, but without those type of achievements that are damn near improbable to receive sans boosting, I'm game.

Thanks Ubisoft. I appreciate it!
Yea, looking forward to the MP again. For better or worse, the changes present in the beta have definitely made things more interesting.

We'll definitely have to get some GAF matches going. Had a few for Brohood and they were great fun.

Irish

I believe the game may actually come on the Revelations disc itself. The PSblog said the deal was limited, but I don't know how limited it actually is. If it is like EA's version of limited, it should come on the first few prints of the disc.

From the PSblog:
Hey there PlayStation Assassins! We have something exciting to share today: thanks to a special partnership with PlayStation and the incredible storage space offered by Blu-ray discs, we are offering a full version of the original Assassin’s Creed for free if you’re one of the first to buy Assassin’s Creed Revelations! Supplies are somewhat limited, however, so you’ll need to act quickly (pre-ordering might help ;D) in order to get a copy of the original Assassin’s Creed included on your Assassin’s Creed Revelations Blu-ray disc.

edit: Beaten.

So. Most badass Assassin?

Altair or Ezio?

Discuss.

The correct answer is Altair. Anybody else super excited to play as the original master assassin again?

Jamesways

The Antitype said:

Altair or Ezio?

Discuss.

The correct answer is Altair. Anybody else super excited to play as the original master assassin again?

YES! That's why I'm so excited for this game.

rataven said:
Lucky indeed. The black blu-ray case is pretty smooth. Encyclopedia looks gorgeous too.

You can buy the encyclopedia separately from the Ubishop.

I bought the collector's edition online from Play (they ship to North America), already have the dictionary ordered too.

Irish

The Antitype said:

I bought the collector's edition online from Play (they ship to North America), already have the dictionary ordered too.

Shipping from Ubi is ridiculous though.

Also, yes, I love me some Altair. Hopefully Old Ezio is as badass as Altair was.

rataven

JaseC said:
The original is included on the very same BD as Revelations and the offer is limited to the first run
Wonder if this will be included on the CE edition blu-ray as well?

The Antitype said:

Already preordered :D Which reminds me, it should be shipping soon too. Grabbed one of the Desmond hoddies as well.

Aurarian

Wow, I may get the PS3 version instead. Problem is I don't want to get AC2 and AC:B again on PS3 plus the Da Vinci DLC as well(OCD about having the series on one console).

SamuraiX-

Ah, well. There you go. Ubisoft knows how to avoid clusterfucks, it would seem.

The Antitype said:

Altair or Ezio?

Discuss.

Cautiously optimistic.

For some reason I'm thinking that Revelations could ruin the Altair we knew from AC1. The different voice actor is already pretty offsetting.

rataven

The Antitype said:

Altair or Ezio?

Discuss.

I like them both. I find the fanboy stuff to be kind of wanky, personally. Different characters, different life stories. They are both legends in their own right.

Ah man that Animus Edition looks so good!

Looks good, glad to see some developers finally getting on the ballgame with their collector's editions. Where can I snag this? I don't see it on Ubisoft's USA store...hmm.

edit: Wait what, UK/EU only? But that has content that the "Ultimate Bundle" doesn't. If that's the case, than the "Ultimate Bundle" isn't really the "Ultimate Bundle", now is it? Is it seriously impossible to get the Crusader character in the US?

Would have bought this game if they decided to take the core MP that they had with the previous game and actually made it work, which would probably require a rethinking of the concept. But instead, looks like they're just repackaging it, so, I'll pass. Shame, had potential. Maybe AC: 2012 edition will be different.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
rataven said:
Wonder if this will be included on the CE edition blu-ray as well?

I don't see why not. It would be bizarre to limit the offer to certain SKUs without mention.

Nora Kisaragi said:
Ah man that Animus Edition looks so good!

Looks good, glad to see some developers finally getting on the ballgame with their collector's editions. Where can I snag this? I don't see it on Ubisoft's USA store...hmm.

edit: Wait what, UK/EU only? But that has content that the "Ultimate Bundle" doesn't. If that's the case, than the "Ultimate Bundle" isn't really the "Ultimate Bundle", now is it? Is it seriously impossible to get the Crusader character in the US?

Nope, for some reason Ubi is giving the PAL territories the good stuff this time around.

You can import the Collector's Edition from the UK, but the Animus edition appears to be sold out (aside from ebay auctions, of course).

rataven said:
I like them both. I find the fanboy stuff to be kind of wanky, personally. Different characters, different life stories. They are both legends in their own right.

Wasn't intending to start a fanboy war, just interested in which Assassin fans of the series like better as a character. I like them both for different reasons, but if I had to choose a favorite, I'd go with Altair. I just gravitate towards stoic badasses with a sense of purpose before flashy guys.

The Antitype said:
Nope, for some reason Ubi is giving the PAL territories the good stuff this time around.

You can import the Collector's Edition from the UK, but the Animus edition appears to be sold out (aside from ebay auctions, of course).

So because i'm american I can't have the crusader character? Wow. Way to be racist Ubisoft. Ah well. I'll still give you my money. -looks at semi-ultimate bundle-

But, the crusader character looks so badass..
bl2t6.png

Irish

I wonder when we are going to see the Launch trailer. Honestly, I haven't liked the trailers (outside of the reveal trailer) as much as the Brotherhood ones. Mainly the composition of them. (and song choice)

rataven

The Antitype said:
Wasn't intending to start a fanboy war, just interested in which Assassin fans of the series like better as a character. I like them both for different reasons, but if I had to choose a favorite, I'd go with Altair. I just gravitate towards stoic badasses with a sense of purpose before flashy guys.
I can see that, but Altair's purpose was never really his own though, at least in the events of the first game. He blindly followed Al Mualim's orders. I think as a character he became much more interesting after the events of AC. Reading about his goings on through the codex pages in II was brilliant.

But as far as who is more badass? Until Altair learns how to doggy paddle at the very least, the most badass will always be Ezio :p

The Antitype said:

Altair or Ezio?

Discuss.

While I have a soft spot for my favourite murderous Batman, Altair is a bit more badass.

SamuraiX- said:
Ah, well. There you go. Ubisoft knows how to avoid clusterfucks, it would seem.

Cautiously optimistic.

For some reason I'm thinking that Revelations could ruin the Altair we knew from AC1. The different voice actor is already pretty offsetting.

It's the same voice actor. He's just doing a Middle Eastern accent, it's still Phillip Shabaz doing Altair.[

Holy crap. This OT is even more glorious on a computer! (I saw it on my phone earlier).

Too bad this game is less of a priority for me this winter. Will play for sure though, Ass Creed is one of my fav new IPs this gen.

Fantastic OT! Most eagerly awaited game of the year.

Pre-ordered the Collector's Edition. I'm really happy you put the seperate sale of the encyclopedia in the thread. I was doubting a while to get the Animus edition because of it, but now I can get it seperate (and for a lower combined price as well).

iNvid02

like the previous game dlc, everything, i mean everything from mp skins to sp missions to capacity upgrades will become available for free in future dlc - it always does with ubi but it takes a few months. so if your not too bothered about getting it day one just wait i guess.

also hopefully no more annual releases after ac3 in 2012
really think they could make these much better if they spent more time

Ubisoft: We Need to Back off Annual Assassin’s Creed Titles

I think we have a nice process, a nice workflow. But [...] I think we need to step back, to maybe take more time to do something fresh. It’s still a big challenge, but we could make it with a little more time. The thing is, he said, people simply really like the Assassin’s Creed games, and there’s obviously demand within the market for a new game as quickly as possible. Besides, it’s not like the games’ quality has suffered: each continues to be a fine example of its genre.

If you make comparisons to television series; if the story’s good, they care about the characters and it’s compelling, they’re not going to complain when a seasonal TV series comes out every year, right? That’s not to say Assassin’s Creed will come out every year, but we feel like the momentum of ACII, AC Brotherhood and now AC Revelations will create a complete picture of Ezio’s life and also touch upon Altair. That’s something we wanted to do and we think the fans will enjoy it.

The Antitype said:

How much is it on the US ubi shop? I'm unable to check here. That's really the only thing I want from that whole collection, looks really awesome.

iNvid02

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
How much is it on the US ubi shop? I'm unable to check here. That's really the only thing I want from that whole collection, looks really awesome.

i think only ubiworkshop sell it right now and they are in canada
its $34.95 and the shipping to US should be reasonable, but anywhere else its criminal

also get the white edition for the artwork section, black doesn't have that
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDD118453AC51A921&feature=mh_lolz
first vid

Card Boy

Banned
The Antitype said:

Altair or Ezio?

Discuss.

Ezio by default, couldnt understand the dialogue in AC1 because it had no subtitles and the audio quality was abit shit.

iNvidious01 said:
i think only ubiworkshop sell it right now and they are in canada
its $34.95 and the shipping to US should be reasonable, but anywhere else its criminal

also get the white edition for the artwork section, black doesn't have that
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDD118453AC51A921&feature=mh_lolz
first vid

Damn, that's expensive. :/ I might as well buy the whole animus edition at that price. Is the Animus only for 360? I can only find a listing for the 360 version of the animus on ubisoft's website for germany.

Top Bottom