• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

Aurarian

rataven said:
Oh Gamestop. Had a same-ish experience with them yesterday.

If you preordered, you should automatically be upgraded to the Signature Edition. If you decide to go for the Ultimate bundle, you have to go in and order that edition specifically.

Just went there to order it just in case she was "mistaken". When I said "Signature Edition" she immediately recognized me from the phone. Said they didn't have any still. I bet this is one of their ploys to create fake demand. This has happened to me when I went to grab SMG2 from them once. They told me "We don't have any, you should have pre-ordered". If it wasn't for the fact that I was going to get a better bang for my buck, I would have ordered elsewhere. Oh well, hopefully what you guys say is true and it's just typical Gamestop stupidity.

Irish

I just ordered online from them so I didn't have to fool with any of their shenanigans they like to pull. Stupid signature edition.

Aurarian

I just find it funny that she emphasized that I was ordering it a week from release as if they've magically ran out of the game the second I got there. Anyways, I was so excited that I bought the Da Vinci DLC to get myself to 100% synch as I managed that in the last two games, but Forza is totally ruining it with its long career mode. Is the DLC sizable or is it 1-2 hours of gameplay at most?

rataven

Aurarian said:
Is the DLC sizable or is it 1-2 hours of gameplay at most?
I'd say it's about 2 to 3 hours? If you want the extra trophies/achievements, maybe add another hour. There's tons of extra stuff for the MP as well, if you're into that.

I just noticed there was free DLC for Brotherhood. Downloading the 1.0,2.0 animus updates, copernicus missions and da vinci as we speak.

Going to put those 12 Master Assassins to goood use.

I'm level 39 in MP on Brotherhood now, 11 more levels and I'll have all the MP achievements!

Then a whole week to play around with the DLC before Skyward Sword.

I'll have to hide from this thread until Christmas soon.

Just played a round of Assassinate. I hope that mode is returning this time around.

EDIT: It seems it might of been a bad idea to download and install the DLC. Before I was able to find matches with ease but after having downloaded the DLC I can barely find any.

AM I wrong in assuming that DLC users are segregated online from those who don't have it?

mocoworm

Check this out, (I can't post new threads and this is the most relevant)

"Major" Assassin's Creed title confirmed for 2012

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-08-major-assassins-creed-title-confirmed-for-2012

There will be a "major" new entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise in 2012, Ubisoft has confirmed.

CEO Yves Guillemot made the announcement during an investor call earlier today, but didn't offer any more precise details as to what to expect.

"There will be another great, full-fledged Assassin's Creed title next year," he said. "It will be another major release and we will be communicating more about it in the coming months."

Last month, series creative lead Alexandre Amacio gave Eurogamer a few hints as to what we can expect from the next game in the series.

"In Assassin's Creed we set up a timeline with this whole end of the world plot of December 2012," he explained. "That's fast approaching, and the story we have to tell, we obviously need to do it before we arrive at that point."

This year's Assassin's Creed title, Revelations, is due on shelves next week.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
mocoworm said:
Check this out, (I can't post new threads and this is the most relevant)

"Major" Assassin's Creed title confirmed for 2012

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-08-major-assassins-creed-title-confirmed-for-2012

There will be a "major" new entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise in 2012, Ubisoft has confirmed.

CEO Yves Guillemot made the announcement during an investor call earlier today, but didn't offer any more precise details as to what to expect.

"There will be another great, full-fledged Assassin's Creed title next year," he said. "It will be another major release and we will be communicating more about it in the coming months."

Last month, series creative lead Alexandre Amacio gave Eurogamer a few hints as to what we can expect from the next game in the series.

"In Assassin's Creed we set up a timeline with this whole end of the world plot of December 2012," he explained. "That's fast approaching, and the story we have to tell, we obviously need to do it before we arrive at that point."

This year's Assassin's Creed title, Revelations, is due on shelves next week.

A thread was created earlier.

Sinthetic

Damn that new trailer was awesome. I miss Istanbul, but free roaming in it is going to be amazing!

Looking forward to seeing some reviews.

Bit-Bit

Oh man, that trailer got me all nostalgia for Masyaf. It's been so long since I've played AC1 I'm actually excited to revisit Masyaf.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I've had a lot of self control this year. I've held off on Batman, and rented UC3 and MW3 from Redbox.

But... I must have this.

Sinthetic

I wasn't going to get this till after Christmas, but I just picked up the Collector's Edition for £29.99. Too damn good to resist.

omgkitty

Anyone else getting the Encyclopedia? I am kind of interested, but I want to see what it's like before ordering it. I'm afraid they might sell out though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
omgkitty said:
Anyone else getting the Encyclopedia? I am kind of interested, but I want to see what it's like before ordering it. I'm afraid they might sell out though.

I'm interested, but I've decided to wait until the trilogy is over; Ubi will surely release another (i.e. all-encompassing) edition then.

rataven

omgkitty said:
I did order it, though the shipping fees were crazy. They should be sending them out next week, so I can post pics if anyone's interested.

Aurarian

So I called three other Gamestop's in my area and none have the signature edition. All they have is the "limited" edition which is just the game and the DLC. What the fuck is limited about that?

Irish

Aurarian said:
So I called three other Gamestop's in my area and none have the signature edition. All they have is the "limited" edition which is just the game and the DLC. What the fuck is limited about that?

That's pretty much what the Signature Edition is. The game with DLC codes for everything else outside of maybe the Embers DVD.

Cynar

Awful OT, a good OT is a clear and concise post. This is tons of fluff which looks straight from ubisoft.

Aurarian

Irish said:
That's pretty much what the Signature Edition is. The game with DLC codes for everything else outside of maybe the Embers DVD.

I don't know. One of the people I spoke to told me it was just the game and the singleplayer code.

Cynar said:
Awful OT, a good OT is a clear and concise post. This is tons of fluff which looks straight from ubisoft.
Really? You came in here just to post that?

rataven

Aurarian said:
Might want to try Best Buy. They received some spill over of the Signature Edition and they're also including an extra MP persona.

iNvid02

Cynar said:

ExcuseMe%3F.png

someone made these on the wiki, some are hilarious

SoonbyMachiavelli.png

Aurarian

rataven said:
Might want to try Best Buy. They received some spill over of the Signature Edition and they're also including an extra MP persona.

I may try this out.

EDIT: No luck. They have no idea what I'm talking about either. /sigh

mbmonk

What an OP! Very nice work. I love when the OP actually includes what is new in a sequel when compared to the previous game.

Bravo!

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Does the 360 version need a 3D TV to play in 3D?

Amazon has a pre-order bonus that comes with some free 3D glasses.

Is that all I need to play this in 3D?

iNvid02

Princess Skittles said:
Does the 360 version need a 3D TV to play in 3D?

Amazon has a pre-order bonus that comes with some free 3D glasses.

Is that all I need to play this in 3D?

yeah, just the special glasses no 3dtv needed.
they're using the same 3d tech as arkham city.

http://eu.trioviz.com/en

rataven said:
You'll be able to play as Altair in flashback-type sequences in Revelations proper. It would be cool if there was some kind of carry over with the recruits to those segments, but I'd imagine that stuff is only part of Ezio's own storyline.

I wouldn't be shocked if, as Altair ages and gains experience between each of the flash-back sequences, you started seeing more and more of Ezio's abilities added to his repertoire.

Remember, everything Ezio can do is a result of the information that Altair left behind in the Codex. He was the one that innovated most of Ezio's move set, gadgets and tactics... he just did it after the conclusion of AC1, so players never got a chance to use those talents with him.

We don't know if the flashback sequences are in chonological order, but I bet the 'last' one features an older, bearded Altair (mirroring Ezio, essentially) in his badass Armor of Altair.

Top Bottom