• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

iNvid02

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Damn, that's expensive. :/ I might as well buy the whole animus edition at that price. Is the Animus only for 360? I can only find a listing for the 360 version of the animus on ubisoft's website for germany.

no it should be for all platforms, but they might have sold out. some retailers have it too so shop around

iNvidious01 said:
no it should be for all platforms, but they might have sold out. some retailers have it too so shop around

Ya, I've tried the online site for gamestop and stuff here and I don't see it even listed at all except ubi's site. The only one who might get it is Saturn but their online site sucks so I'll just have to wait and see I guess. It's weird they would have sold out of PS3 and PC though.

Edit: Finally found it on gamestop's website, but it's out of stock. I guess it's sold out at least online pretty much everywhere. Still debating but I may grab the PC version since it's 20 euros cheaper and it's only 80 euros for the animus.

Is that white encyclopedia a softcover? It sort of looks like that and the black version is hardcover. That would be really stupid if it is in fact softcover...

Edit: Nvm, I see it now it in the OP, apparently it is hardcover. Promo shot in the video was misleading. Damn it looks awesome....

Edit 2: Wait, so it's just art from fans and whatever they mean by "industry professionals"? So it's not even an artbook from the creators of the series? That's pretty lame, I think killed me off of getting just the book separately then. The only thing that sucks is the white looks better and more fitting for the series than the black book.

The Antitype said:
So. Most badass Assassin?

Altair or Ezio?

Discuss.

The correct answer is Altair. Anybody else super excited to play as the original master assassin again?
Altair was an arrogant douch and felt really flat after th great character development and personality of Ezio, but damn, his moves where more bad ass indeed

Manathen

Neo Member
UnluckyKate said:
Altair was an arrogant douch and felt really flat after th great character development and personality of Ezio, but damn, his moves where more bad ass indeed

I mostly agree. I do love Ezio, despite the amount of abuse I heap upon him while playing. :3

I hope Altair gets a lot more character development in Rev. He has so much potential.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
holy shit. what the fuck.

These OP's are getting mad...

Appreciate the effort you put in.

but that's ugh..

masterkajo

I am looking forward to this. Great OP! Tons of info and stuff I forget already!

But I still think they should have made AC -> AC2 -> AC3 (in a different time than 1 and 2). I think that Brotherhood and Revelations are too much AC. They overdid Ezio, IMO.

Will buy anyway... hope you happy Ubisoft :/

Instead of a manual, I bet the game has a black and white slip on paper with a link to this thread on it.

I'll buy this when I get around to finishing AC2 and maybe buying Brotherhood.

Marco1 said:
Thanks, I have not played brotherhood, is it worth playing or would I be better with this?
Brotherhood was a serious 20 hours for me and i didn't do all the single players missions.
Multiplayer is alright but don't go in brotherhood for the muilti as revelation is better on all points

ultron87

Does anyone know if Altair and Ezio have different sets of animations for their counters/kills?

Since the animation has always been one of my favorite parts of AC having two unique sets would be pretty great.

DrBo42

ultron87 said:
Does anyone know if Altair and Ezio have different sets of animations for their counters/kills?

Since the animation has always been one of my favorite parts of AC having two unique sets would be pretty great.

Well any of the hookblade specific animations should be missing from Altair's move set so technically, yeah. Haha. They've been reusing animations throughout the series so I highly doubt the two have visually distinct animations. Could be wrong.

iNvid02

vodka-bull said:
Nice OT, I'd appreciate it if there was a little bit more info about the game, though. j/k

QHLzP.gif

the gif in the first post has used 100gb bandiwdth..
thank god for abload

faridmon

Now this OP is ridiculous. Overkill is the word... and silly.

I haven't played Brotherhood, so I have to finish that somehow before getting into this. I loved AC2 so I can't wait for both of them.

Where was it mentioned that you will play as Altair as well as Ezio this time around? Or are you guys talking about the AC1 included on the disc?

If you play as both I am guessing Assassin Recruits won't be available while playing as Altair.

The Signature Edition includes the game soundtrack right? Is it going to be a code you can use on the Internet to download a digital copy of the soundtrack?

rataven

PoorFate said:
Where was it mentioned that you will play as Altair as well as Ezio this time around? Or are you guys talking about the AC1 included on the disc?

If you play as both I am guessing Assassin Recruits won't be available while playing as Altair.
You'll be able to play as Altair in flashback-type sequences in Revelations proper. It would be cool if there was some kind of carry over with the recruits to those segments, but I'd imagine that stuff is only part of Ezio's own storyline.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
rataven said:
You'll be able to play as Altair in flashback-type sequences in Revelations proper. It would be cool if there was some kind of carry over with the recruits to those segments, but I'd imagine that stuff is only part of Ezio's own storyline.
Damn, that's an awesome avatar you have there. Where'd you get it? Also, is anyone going to hold back from buying on release day because they might have it on sale during Black Friday?

Isn't there a tower defense mode in the game? I didn't see it in the OP, I mean lord knows its got to be in there somewhere but probably didn't load or whatever

Is it like Dungeon Defenders where after setting up the towers you can still run around and attack guys or is it towers only?

Also how would you feel about picking up the two books for AC:2 and Brotherhood and then playing this? Don't have the time or energy for mutliple games but I always did want to try this series. My understanding is the books cut out all the future stuff but how does that work because aren't there scenes where (spoilers)
someone talking to the past person is actually talking to the future person when they relive the events?
Kind of vague, I read one of the spoiler threads long ago

iNvid02

HamPster PamPster said:
Isn't there a tower defense mode in the game? I didn't see it in the OP, I mean lord knows its got to be in there somewhere but probably didn't load or whatever

Is it like Dungeon Defenders where after setting up the towers you can still run around and attack guys or is it towers only?

Also how would you feel about picking up the two books for AC:2 and Brotherhood and then playing this? Don't have the time or energy for mutliple games but I always did want to try this series. My understanding is the books cut out all the future stuff but how does that work because aren't there scenes where (spoilers)
someone talking to the past person is actually talking to the future person when they relive the events?
Kind of vague, I read one of the spoiler threads long ago

yeah its in the gameplay section - assassins dens

the books are based on the games but have quite a few differences, i think one has a lot. just check the books section in op and click the one you want to see the exact differences

Aurarian

kayos90 said:
Damn, that's an awesome avatar you have there. Where'd you get it? Also, is anyone going to hold back from buying on release day because they might have it on sale during Black Friday?

There's a K-mart deal starting on Sunday that goes till the 23rd I think. Basically, if you're buying another high profile release like Skyrim or MW3, you can get another one for half off. So Skyrim + AC for $90 and tax.

rataven

kayos90 said:
Thanks! It's a piece by Yusuke Hashimoto for an Assassin's Creed concept art exhibit held in Japan earlier this year.

7UcRfl.jpg

Not the best pic but it's the only one I've found on the web. Prints were available at the exhibit for 300 bucks a pop, which is a bit much, but I'm hopeful it'll show up in the 'Cartes Blanches' section of the encyclopedia in more detail.

This Gamepro article covered the exhibit and has some great shots of the other artwork shown.

So glad I pre-ordered the Animus Edition. Looking really good.

Best bang for your buck collectors edition is still Bioshock 2 for me though.

MjFrancis

The first part of Post #12 (it's not an OP anymore when it goes this in-depth, it's a love affair) demonstrates an inkling of how the Assassin's Creed universe may have been 'watered down.' A dozen or so browser mini-games, portables and social media experiments that are thankfully easy to ignore. I'm a big fan of the mechanics of Assassin's Creed, so none of those things appeal to me at all. As if the AC universe wasn't convoluted enough.

Like the last three main games, I'll lose myself in the freerunning platforming and stealth mechanics in an open-world environment. Best ninja games this generation, lol.

SamuraiX-

MjFrancis said:
The first part of Post #12 (it's not an OP anymore when it goes this in-depth, it's a love affair) demonstrates an inkling of how the Assassin's Creed universe may have been 'watered down.' A dozen or so browser mini-games, portables and social media experiments that are thankfully easy to ignore. I'm a big fan of the mechanics of Assassin's Creed, so none of those things appeal to me at all. As if the AC universe wasn't convoluted enough.

Like the last three main games, I'll lose myself in the freerunning platforming and stealth mechanics in an open-world environment. Best ninja games this generation, lol.

Agreed.

I knew there were a few spinoffs, but good lord, after reading through the latter half of the OT, it's undeniably clear how out of control Ubisoft is getting with this stuff. And I don't understand why they keep doing it? It's pretty obvious nobody gives a shit about anything besides the main games and all it does is make understanding the story that much more difficult. How much of it is canon? Did any of it lead to retconning? How much of it actually ties in with the core premise?

I really wish they would stop.

Holy fuck, Ubisoft is completely insane with their shipping prices. $35 for shipping a book to Europe? Seriously? How about using other distribution centers besides Montreal? No way in hell I'll spend $70 on an encyclopedia.

MjFrancis

It's just a further case study of video game developer's sophomoric take on narrative in games. What started out as a neat story was dragged into a sopping puddle of piss. Mostly saved by interesting game mechanics.

Despite that, love the games: 1000/1000 achievements on the first two and 1150/1250 on Brotherhood. I hope to 1000/1000 this one, too!

Irish

I like how the city has a lot of topographical variety. Makes it look so much bigger when everything is rising above everything else.

Any idea on when the review embargo is up?

daxter01 said:
Brotherhood ran like shit on ps3 I hope this one is better

On 360 too. But gamepot has a 40 min video and it seems the tearing got improved. Still there but better. One reason could be the lack of horses (thank god). Those killed the framerate in brotherhood badly.

SamuraiX-

iNvidious01 said:
new video - regions overview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SeqQOZRUog

god damn
sounds like the main theme playing, that girl who won must be singing

Mother of God...

They did a complete overhaul on Masyaf. Looks gorgeous.

Music was pretty good but I wasn't digging the flow very much. Feels like it should have gotten higher or stay strong at certain parts, but then just dropped off instead.

iNvid02

SamuraiX- said:
Mother of God...

They did a complete overhaul on Masyaf. Looks gorgeous.

Music was pretty good but I wasn't digging the flow very much. Feels like it should have gotten higher or stay strong at certain parts, but then just dropped off instead.

ithink it was multiple tracks mixed, the theme song definitely felt like it just cut off and then a new track came in.
yeah here is the full theme uninterrupted, sounds great - and then an interview with the girl who won the singing comp
http://www.ujam.com/campaigns/acrevelations/introduction
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xxE5R6uAWKc

not sure when the reviews can go up, i'd guess this weekend. maybe even the day before release if they do an activision.

clutch.as.it.gets. said:
On 360 too. But gamepot has a 40 min video and it seems the tearing got improved. Still there but better. One reason could be the lack of horses (thank god). Those killed the framerate in brotherhood badly.

I had much more problems with the horrendous pop-in than the framerate tbh. I hope that's better in Revelations.

SamuraiX-

iNvidious01 said:
ithink it was multiple tracks mixed, the theme song definitely felt like it just cut off and then a new track came in.
yeah here is the full theme uninterrupted, sounds great - and then an interview with the girl who won the singing comp
http://www.ujam.com/campaigns/acrevelations/introduction
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xxE5R6uAWKc

not sure when the reviews can go up, i'd guess this weekend. maybe even the day before release if they do an activision.

Nice.

I found an extended version too. I take it back. Sounds incredible. Can't wait to see/hear how they use it in the game.

Irish

Wow, you can apparently pickpocket guards as you are fighting them now.

Ooohhh, and another new guard type- The Bombadier. Dude just throws shittons of bombs at you. Pretty rapidly too.

Apparently, there will only be seven dens.

Notoriety system has changed a bit. Instead of dealing directly with your own personal notoriety, it now deals with the Assassin faction's as a whole. The higher it gets, the more likely that your dens will be attacked.

Irish

Aurarian said:
So I called my local Gamestop and they say there's no such thing as the Signature Edition? What the hell?

I believe every copy of the regular game that Gamestop sells is the Signature Edition.

ctrayne

Damn you lucky console guys. I gotta wait another couple weeks for the PC version.
Good thing I'll have Saints Row 3/Skyrim in the interim.

rataven

Aurarian said:
So I called my local Gamestop and they say there's no such thing as the Signature Edition? What the hell?
Oh Gamestop. Had a same-ish experience with them yesterday.

If you preordered, you should automatically be upgraded to the Signature Edition. If you decide to go for the Ultimate bundle, you have to go in and order that edition specifically.

Top Bottom