• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astro Bot is already Amazon's ( US) bestselling retail game of 2024

onQ123

kWx27uE.png

jm89

Above college football for ps5 😲

Granted this is only Amazon and physical so college football might have higher digital ratio on ps5.

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
GOTY
O
T
Y

Probably just inches better than Silent Hill 2 and MGS Delta is my prediction.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Me and my son are both playing it on our PS5s at the same time together, it's about the only "proper" game he's been interested in, usually it's just GaaS stuff like Fortnite, Rocket League and EAFC. I'm having to educate him on most of the characters, although he recognised the Metal Gear ones because of Fortnite 🤦‍♂️

When I started playing it this morning, it took me back to the feeling I had when I was younger and playing a new game on Christmas morning, no idea why, but it did.

Killer8

time travel animation GIF by Disney Pixar

Astro Bot is crushing so many narratives under his little robotic boot.

You can still make 94 Metacritic games with a head count of just 60 people. You don't need 5+ years to make a AAA game. We don't need our games to be 50 hour open-world slogs to part with our $60 (no one finishes them anyway). People care as much about neat little touches, attention to detail and S0UL as they do about multi-million dollar set pieces.

This gen has been one of the worst of all time. It has a library problem with huge gaps between releases and needs third-party moneyhats exclusives to carry it. PlayStation Studios and Xbox Game Studios have more studios than ever under their umbrellas yet are less productive than ever. We've learned to cope with memes like "it's a slow year now but next year will be the best ever!" or "well that's just how game development is nowadays".

Fuck all that. I've been banging this drum for a while and Astro Bot has manifested it:

Shorter games means shorter development times means more frequent games AND lower costs AND more focused ideas.

We need this short king renaissance. Some will say "but I just can't justify spending $60 on something that won't give me X amount of dollars per hour of value!" - to that I say: you deserve the diarrhea stained future of your own making.

I’m guessing they will sell some 5-6 million copies. Which should be plenty good enough assuming the budget was reasonable and should secure Astro Bot as another mainstay in the Sony stable.

Reaseru

I’m guessing they will sell some 5-6 million copies. Which should be plenty good enough assuming the budget was reasonable and should secure Astro Bot as another mainstay in the Sony stable.
That would be a great success considering not only the low budget associated to this kind of game but also the fact Astro Bot is a very recent IP, and usually seen as the new hardware tech demos.

Last edited:
That's not accurate. Astro Bot is currently the best selling game. That is not for the whole year.

Errr.....what I meant to say was....damn that's impressive!

Matthew Broderick GIF
lmao. For whatever is worth, i also clicked here thinking exactly that, only to go to that Amazon URL and realize the OP was right. I didn't expect that.

Let's hope the game is at least top 5 for the month. I didn't expect much from a smaller title but who knows?

Topher

Gold Member
lmao. For whatever is worth, i also clicked here thinking exactly that, only to go to that Amazon URL and realize the OP was right. I didn't expect that.

Let's hope the game is at least top 5 for the month. I didn't expect much from a smaller title but who knows?

Yeah, OP was right. I'm looking forward to seeing the screenshot in a future post.

Happy New Girl GIF by HULU

I hope so. I played Rebirth this year and loved it so much and was hoping it will get GOTY rewards, but after playing Astro Bot, I think Astro Bot is the better game. I cannot believe how much I enjoy it.

They made the game witch a small team compared to other AAA games, so I hope they can grow and release Astro Bot for PlayStation 6. Just imagine what they could do with a bigger team.

Top Bottom