• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astro Bot is already Amazon's ( US) bestselling retail game of 2024

The fact it's ahead of College Football already bodes extremely well because that game somehow supplanted Helldivers 2 in like a couple of weeks of its release.

Hopefully it keeps climbing, and it seems similar or better success in international markets.

Last edited:

mdkirby

Great news. Bought it day before release to show support, but not played yet (wukong).

Hopefully people keep demonstrating and sending clear messages with their wallets, the games we want, and the games we do not want.

nowhat

I’ll be dad of the year when my little ones get home from school today :)
I guess that makes me the father of the century. My daughter (who just turned 18 and thus is an adult now, but lives on her own in another town) came to visit for the weekend. I showed her the game. Said she can try it on Sunday if she wants.

onQ123

Its only because Black Myth Wukong didn't get a disc release.
If it doesn't have a retail release why are you in a thread about Astro Bot being the number 1 retail game of 2024 bringing it up?

Huh? We know it didn't sell 18 million in one day.

Last edited:
Very nice indeed. This is what happens when devs create a normal fun game with no agendas. These are the types of games Sony have always thrived on and delivered as well. No online always GAAS shite here just good old fashioned pure gaming fun. Glad to see it doing so well and much deserved. Picked my copy up yesterday and am loving it. The included booklet inside was like a breath of fresh air and reminded me of when I open my PS3 game boxes and see all those game booklets. We need more of this.

LRKD

I don't know, I'm not very impressed when 2 is college football, 3 is last years mario wonder, 4 is Star Wars outlaws, and 5 is the Oregon trail. Like I'm not sure what the big take away is? Physical is dead? Amazon players have dogshit taste? I really don't know, but looking at amazons top 5 it certainly doesn't make it seem nearly as impressive.

Unknown?

I don't know, I'm not very impressed when 2 is college football, 3 is last years mario wonder, 4 is Star Wars outlaws, and 5 is the Oregon trail. Like I'm not sure what the big take away is? Physical is dead? Amazon players have dogshit taste? I really don't know, but looking at amazons top 5 it certainly doesn't make it seem nearly as impressive.
Have you seen the digital charts? Just as bad.

larrybrady

Neo Member
Not surprised college football was first before Astro,it's big(even college) in the us

Markio128

Gold Member
You can only beat what’s in front of you. And the physical charts are a pretty decent indicator of digital too (as far as Sony are concerned), so it’s most likely a win-win.

ByWatterson

Zero interest in ever playing Astro Bot.

John Oliver Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

[Sigma]

They(Amazon) finally shipped out mine today, dunno how well the game will do, not even going to predict but im just hoping it turns a profit what ever the floor for that is.

Still seeing people on my friends list playing a bunch of the same old bullshit though instead of buying this:mad:. More people are definitely buying Space Marine II which is cool but you got the money for Astro Bot too sucka. Pay up!

Last edited:

kWx27uE.png

Good to see a creative game do well. What strikes me more than anything is how high Quest 3 is on that list.

I hope so. I played Rebirth this year and loved it so much and was hoping it will get GOTY rewards, but after playing Astro Bot, I think Astro Bot is the better game. I cannot believe how much I enjoy it.

They made the game witch a small team compared to other AAA games, so I hope they can grow and release Astro Bot for PlayStation 6. Just imagine what they could do with a bigger team.
Nah bigger team means less creativity and more comittee. They really don't need a bigger team, what they made is amazing and done in a few years. Keep them small without western influence.

ChiefDada

Gold Member

#2 (EA College Football) was/is the best selling game in the US. Plenty of context available to understand Astro is doing very well commercially.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
You can only beat what’s in front of you. And the physical charts are a pretty decent indicator of digital too (as far as Sony are concerned), so it’s most likely a win-win.

True, but the real reason they are triggered is because knowing this is factually number 1 on Amazon in the US is a significant thing, means they must factor that Star Wars Outlaws is number 4 on the largest retailer in the United States.

Its almost as if some are trying to downplay the retailer Amazon to try to make it seem as if this feat by Astro Bot or EA Collegefootball or Star War Outlaw is just some random thing or something and not a legitimate measurement

Who the fuck is bigger then Amazon in the retail space right now that we should be getting any data from?

Top Bottom