• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astro Bot | Review Thread

What scores do you think Astro Bot will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 66-69%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 17 5.2%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 108 33.3%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 150 46.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 37 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alebrije

This month Will be great...

wind-in-hair-fabulous-wind.gif

Certinty

This did feel inevitable.

All they really had to do was make a full length title off what they did with Astro’s Playroom (so let’s say 3x in length) without anything spectacular added and it would have still ended up as a 9/10 game.

Instead they’ve seemingly improved on it in every way. No wonder all the 10/10s.

Impressive scores. Still haven't played the free PS5 Astrobot game so I'm gonna pass for now, but looking forward to playing eventually.

Tedditalk

Damn the Sony DOOM phase because of concord over already? Hopefully Sony don't try to make or buy out a mediocre live service game after seeing their single player titles succeed again.

Seeing this generic slop hit 90s while Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time was stuck in the 70s is something...

Stephen Colbert No GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Last edited:

gerth666

Where's the source he didn't want Team Asobi to happen? He was the one responsible for not closing the entire studio as far as i know.
The thing that makes me laugh is that people will shit on hulst and Jim because of shite like concord being made, and rightly so mind, but not give credit when they greenlight games like astro and Helldivers.

killatopak

Gold Member
Damn the Sony DOOM phase because of concord over already? Hopefully Sony don't try to make or buy out a mediocre live service game after seeing their single player titles succeed again.
Might exactly be the reason why they chose to drop the game.

Good stuff like this will drown out Concord’s failure. It might be the best decision they made all year.

skit_data

Gold Member
It looks so damm good, DFs review is probably the best showcase of how fucking great it looks in action because they know their video capture stuff

But for a real answer, I give Snoy a lot of shit for how uninspired their games have been since TLOU first dropped, but I'm really happy to see them at least momentarily go back to what made them special. You know, fun games. The good old days of Ratchet, Jak and Sly. Hope to see more of this!

Top Bottom