• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astro Bot | Review Thread

What scores do you think Astro Bot will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 66-69%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 17 5.2%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 108 33.3%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 150 46.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 37 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Both PlayStation and Nintendo get inflated scores.
Everyone with money does.

I'm impressed about the fact that people still care so much about scores, but I guess it's normal when it comes to a game you are excited about.

Imo, the game looks great and also very fun, and that's all that matters.

Hell yes love this little dude. He's going to be the main PS mascot now.
It should lol, little dude has much more charisma than Alloy could ever wish for.

Last edited:
Holy Bots!

Lets Go Astro GIF by PlayStation
I was just listening to Hans Zimmer's Interstellar soundtrack when this gif hit my eyes and I reached some weird state of profound gaming enlightenment for a split second.

Killjoy-NL

If the strategy of Sony is keep people on PS eco-system, in my opinion their are doing a terrible job. Launching games on PC and shitty games like Concord will not keep people on their system. Right now Sony there's no competition on the console space, but gaming PC is becoming their truly competitor. Helf of PS monthly active users are on PS4, and I don't think that Sony is doing smart moves to keep people on Playstation.
The majority of people who buy their games on PC weren't on Playstation to begin with.

And using Concord as proof is retarded, because when was the last time a Playstation 1st party game failed?
Maybe Returnal and even that game got praised.
Probably The Order 1886 back in 2015.

Half of PS MAU being on PS4 is irrelevant, because they're within the PS eco-system.

Last edited:

kaizenkko

Half of PS MAU being on PS4 is irrelevant, because they're within the PS eco-system.
They are on PS eco-system right now. But those people can buy a gaming PC instead of the PS5. I'm not saying the vast majority of PS4 active users will do that, but is just dumb to think that there's no possibility of a % doing that.

Little Mac

Gold Member
Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

They are on PS eco-system right now. But those people can buy a gaming PC instead of the PS5. I'm not saying the vast majority of PS4 active users will do that, but is just dumb to think that there's no possibility of a % doing that.
They also can not buy a gaming PC instead.

ithilion

Banned
Why cater to only one audience? I love mature games but lets be real, I also love Astro Bot style games as a break from the mature ones. Also, those games go further in my household with my kids. Do both- Win win!
the lord of the rings GIF
sure i understand from a money stand point. I personally dont buy games like mario and the likes of it. But i see your point. I hope it sells well and make solid profit for playstation

xanaum

Neo Member
I love this little robot, it's way more charismatic than the sackboys and has a lot of potential. I'm rooting for its success. Day one for me!

nial

i always thought he's retarded but that much? can you link a source?
Where's the source he didn't want Team Asobi to happen? He was the one responsible for not closing the entire studio as far as i know.
Jaffe. he wanted ALL japanese studios closed.
👇
No, he didn't. Stop repeating David Jaffe's bullshit.
Team Asobi as its own department being established AT ALL and this game getting all this funding is all thanks to Hermen.
It all takes simple research to know that the current Team Asobi studio was not even established until April 1, 2021, as part of SIE's restructuring efforts; Hermen Hulst became president of WWS in November 2019, so it all happened under him.
David Jaffe is full of shit.

Last edited:
I was just listening to Hans Zimmer's Interstellar soundtrack when this gif hit my eyes and I reached some weird state of profound gaming enlightenment for a split second.
It is the representation of Astrobot taking the scene by storm at the speed of light. Playstation is so weird how they never really take care of their IPs as we see with something like Nintendo. They making an IP centered around their PS portfolio should be a no-brainer.

We did have something similar with Little Big Planet but more for DLCs and not the main theme like with Astro.

kaizenkko

They also can not buy a gaming PC instead.
Of course, I've said that. lol

But the point is: launching PS games on PC, enable full dualsense support and others things are incentives to people don't buy a PS5. It's easy to understand what I'm saying.

sainraja

Well, they would be sacrificing their library on the PS4... or in the PS ecosystem. Sony hasn't done cross-buy with PC (like with VITA/PS3/PS4 - don't think they did with their main line titles) or "play anywhere" type of program, yet.. but no way to know what people will/will not do though.

Killjoy-NL

Of course, I've said that. lol

But the point is: launching PS games on PC, enable full dualsense support and others things are incentives to people don't buy a PS5. It's easy to understand what I'm saying.
Well yeah, but most of those people didnt or wouldnt buy a PS5 anyway.

And most people who are on consoles will remain on consoles.
As has always been the case.

Last edited:

Regginator

Absolute insane scores, and far higher than I expected (mid 80s) than I initially expected. Kudos to the devs!

A lot of the review summaries in the OP seem to be about how beautiful it looks, how solid the controls are, and how there are a lot of PlayStation throwbacks for the fans. But the thing that seem to be kinda absent is, how does it do as a platformer? Does it have new gameplay mechanics or is it basically just a full-sized Astro's Playroom? (Disclaimer: I've been on a media blackout and haven't seen any gameplay footage.)

I hope this game sells well. I preordered it to show my love for this genre. Maybe one day it will sell well enough to get a new Jak and Daxter game produced.

Top Bottom