• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astro Bot | Review Thread

What scores do you think Astro Bot will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 66-69%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 17 5.2%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 108 33.3%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 150 46.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 37 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Topher

Gold Member
Virtually flawless on 4 year old APU yet fools are sat here with 1500 GPUs that buckle under the pressure of monkey game and star fantasy criminals. What is this life.

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

Topher

Gold Member

Been saying for months now that this game would be taking over …

Post in thread 'Early GOTY nominees prediction'
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/early-goty-nominees-prediction.1673634/post-269437999

season 6 smoke GIF

We Get It Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

Humdinger

Hey, that's great. I guessed upper 80s, so at 94, it's doing better than I expected. Good for them. Hope it sells well. I'll put it on my wishlist.

MrJangles

Neo Member
Hmmm. I have two grand saved up for a new PC. This is seriously tempting me to take a chunk out of it and buy a PS5 :messenger_loudly_crying:

Fabieter

Hmmm. I have two grand saved up for a new PC. This is seriously tempting me to take a chunk out of it and buy a PS5 :messenger_loudly_crying:

Timing is really bad with the pro around the corner. But it's sucks when fomo is kicking. Would say wait at least until they anounce the Pro and their future lineup and GP from there. But if you surive fomo you can just wait until it comes to your new PC when you get it.

Do you want other stuff on the ps5?

DeepSpace5D

Whoa…very impressive result for Astrobot. I was quite off with my 88 prediction. I thought a longer version of Astro would fair better than the 84 average of Astro’s Playroom, but I underestimated how much of a bump a full fat release would get.

A 94/95 is insane, puts it ahead of FFVII Rebirth as the best reviewed game of the year. That Opencritic score of 95 is nuts, it’s even ahead of Shadow of the Erdtree. I did not expect the game to score this well.
n1GvWlP.jpeg

👀

XXL

Don't worry, I'm actually impressed a tech-demo is scoring this well.

Bodes well for Sony flagship titles.

And it will be funny to see certain posters thanking Hulst for greenlighting Astro Bot. Because he deserves the praise, right?
Calling Astro Bot Rescue Mission a tech demo it's literally disrespectful.

It is quite possibly the best platformer ever made.

The only reason it goes under the radar is because it's a VR title.

In no fucking way is it a tech demo, it's literally a fucking masterpiece and calling a masterpiece a tech demo is one of the worst takes I've ever read.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Calling Astro Bot Rescue Mission a tech demo it's literally disrespectful.

It is quite possibly the best platformer ever made.

The only reason it goes under the radar is because it's a VR title.

In no fucking way is it a tech demo, it's a fucking masterpiece.
Does it matter if I consider it a tech-demo that much?

It scored higher than I expected, which is impressive imo and I already stated so.
Enjoy the moment.

King Dazzar

Not really my thing. But its always great to see brilliant, polished, single player, non GaaS and refreshing games coming out. Not something to be taken for granted. Well done PlayStation.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Virtually flawless on 4 year old APU yet fools are sat here with 1500 GPUs that buckle under the pressure of monkey game and star fantasy criminals. What is this life.
*Sent from my PC equipped with an RTX 4090

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’m just glad I’m always right. I’ve been talking up an Astro Bot game, well before it was announced. I wanted that team to either make a true Astro Bot full game (no VR), or be given the Ape Escape franchise.

Top Bottom