• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

At Least 6 White House Advisers (Bannon, Reince) Used Private Email Accounts

Not

Banned
Oh okay. I'm sure this will be on the NYT and every other publication's front page and the top of every US news broadcast for 18 months straight.
Right?

Course not bro. They're not shrill ugly gross hatable go away Killary, after all. I think I can forgive them.

I’m convinced 99.7% of republicans that were outraged about Clinton did not understand what she had actually done. They will now keep mum, because “everybody has used a private account for work email” and “it’s not a big deal anyway”, not realizing the irony.

That’s because they were whipped into a frenzy by right wing propaganda, without even remotely understanding the situation.

yupyup

it's in their best interest to try and kill this

Shadybiz

I’m convinced 99.7% of republicans that were outraged about Clinton did not understand what she had actually done. They will now keep mum, because “everybody has used a private account for work email” and “it’s not a big deal anyway”, not realizing the irony.

That’s because they were whipped into a frenzy by right wing propaganda, without even remotely understanding the situation.

This is correct.

Was stuck hearing nothing but "Benghazi" and "Her emails" for what seemed like an eternity from my mostly conservative family. I'm sure they will completely ignore this though because is doesn't suit their interests...

Keyouta

This is stupid, and I don't even know why you would want to be receiving work emails on your own private account anyway. Keep that shit at work.

slider

It doesn't matter how insecure their email accounts were. Cos, y'know, the Russians were told everything anyway.

Persona7

Banned
I noticed that conservatives have been arguing that Clinton deleted emails instead of harping on private email use.

SaviorX

All I can hope is that each example of obvious hypocrisy to come out of this White House reaches a small amount of people on the fence. And after 4 years, and the stream is continuous, it's enough people to make a difference.
I wouldn't count on it.

Anecdotal, but many Trump supporters around me feel he is due for a second term, and the Repubs are what's holding him back from "getting things done" (besides division of the country's moral fiber)

pa22word

It's not surprising. They do it to try and dodge FOIA requests. Powell did the same thing for the same reasons, and contrary to the story she led with in public it wouldn't shock me if Clinton was doing the same thing.

If they hear about this, it’s gonna be the downplayed version of “not a big deal PLUS KILLIARY HAD HER OWN PRIVATE SERVER AND IT WAS BLEACHED BY SOROS”
Just you wait. Its gonna come out that these morons deleted their emails with bleachbit, and their cromagnon followers will somehow shift goalposts more by saying they didn't have any classified emails. Then its going to come out that one of them in fact received classified emails. They will say it wasn't marked classified at the time...

le.phat

It doesn't matter because the only people who care about this shit are shitheel republicans that latch onto anything to smear the opposition. Nobody will give a crap because those R's will continue to tow the party line, while Democrats don't care because they have more pressing things to worry about.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)

Yeah, I was visiting my parents and a bunch of family was over and people started mentioning that they dislike Hilary, and I said "Most people that hate Hilary don't even know why they hate her", and everyone laughed because they knew it was true and knew if they contested I'd press them for specifics that they didn't have.

When most people try to explain it it's usually some vague ideas about emails that they don't know any real details about, or something about being in bed with corporations, which applies to all the politicians that they like.

Thus the current state of the union--one that allowed a foreign country to interfere with our election.

xandaca

I'm curious on how left and right wing folks will react to this lol

The right: "Actually, we don't care Clinton used a private email server, we only care that she deleted so many emails. That's what really matters. So this really isn't outrageous at all." *coughs*

The left: "Everyone vilifying Clinton for using a private email server is a Nazi monster racist sexist soulless scumbag! It doesn't matter. What's that? Trump's lot are doing it? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!" *coughs*

FSLink

Banned

I tried to argue before the election that a lot of gov officials have been known to use personal email and the issue was more of a government not enforcing their own cyber security policy sort of thing. She definitely wasn't the first to use a personal email and won't be the last.

Of course when I talked to some Republicans about this they were basically BUT DOES THAT MAKE IT RIGHT SHE SHOULD KNOW BETTER!

Top Bottom